ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Latest images  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
Geno Smith
2013 mock draft - Page 4 Bar_left45%2013 mock draft - Page 4 Bar_right
 45% [ 15 ]
Luke Joekel
2013 mock draft - Page 4 Bar_left12%2013 mock draft - Page 4 Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Domontre Moore
2013 mock draft - Page 4 Bar_left3%2013 mock draft - Page 4 Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Jarvis Jones
2013 mock draft - Page 4 Bar_left9%2013 mock draft - Page 4 Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Manti Te'o
2013 mock draft - Page 4 Bar_left3%2013 mock draft - Page 4 Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Star Lotulelei
2013 mock draft - Page 4 Bar_left6%2013 mock draft - Page 4 Bar_right
 6% [ 2 ]
Tyler Wilson
2013 mock draft - Page 4 Bar_left12%2013 mock draft - Page 4 Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Other
2013 mock draft - Page 4 Bar_left9%2013 mock draft - Page 4 Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 33
Latest topics
» Bones Stagione 7 Ita
2013 mock draft - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 2:04 pm by 

» Paragon Partition Manager 12 10.1.19.15721 Personal
2013 mock draft - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:20 pm by 

2013 mock draft - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

2013 mock draft - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

2013 mock draft - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:18 pm by 

Advertisement

2013 mock draft

Go down 
+6
chiefbravebull
Chiefs09
KCJay
Touchdown Bowe
RustShack
OutlawChief
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro
OutlawChief

2013 mock draft - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: 2013 mock draft   2013 mock draft - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 6:37 pm

First topic message reminder :

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/2012/11/21/3676376/2013-nfl-mock-draft-pass-rushers-dion-jordan-geno-smith-chiefs
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

PostSubject: Re: 2013 mock draft   2013 mock draft - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 6:39 pm

We arent drafting another DL player. This entire city will self destruct and the entire season will be a blackout. Its gonna be a QB taken.

Kiper and McShay are some of the worst draft experts out there though. Mike Mayock is the only real guy I listen to when it comes to the draft. If Glennon really goes over Wilson i'll shit myself.
Back to top Go down
SylvesterMalone1978
All-Pro
All-Pro
SylvesterMalone1978

PostSubject: Re: 2013 mock draft   2013 mock draft - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 6:17 pm

We actually aren't mocked to draft a LT this year!?
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: 2013 mock draft   2013 mock draft - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 10:21 pm

Fuck this draft. Fuck the Chiefs luck. There's no sure way to get a QB. We need Geno or Wilson to be a franchise QB... we can't afford a bust.
Back to top Go down
http://arrowheaddrive.com
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: 2013 mock draft   2013 mock draft - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 10:01 am

We cant afford a bust yet all the QBs in this draft have big bust potential. Trade back and take Wilson or Glennon. Then get Bray or Manuel later. A team like the Jets would trade up to #1 just to make the splash.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: 2013 mock draft   2013 mock draft - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 11:58 am

The case for Geno Smith: This is why the Chiefs will select him No. 1 overall

By BJ Kissel on Dec 21, 11:00a 762

Time to state my case for Geno Smith in the 2013 NFL Draft.

If you've seen me on Twitter (@bkissel7) you know that I've been pro-Geno Smith for quite a while now. Some of you can take a deep breath: I'm not anti-Mike Glennon or Tyler Wilson but I do think Smith is the best quarterback prospect in this draft.

Smith will separate himself as that top quarterback in this draft as we get closer to April. This article by Ivan Maisel gives us a few reasons why he will, and I'll tack on to that.

NFL Draft: Don't get your hopes up | Luke Joeckel at No. 1?!?

The article talks about more than just his stats on the field -- those are impressive enough -- but goes to show who Geno Smith is off the field. What type of person he is and how he approaches the game of football. "Football Nerd" is the perfect headline for it. These things will become evident as coaches, front office personnel and scouts get a chance to talk with Smith leading up to April's draft.

Maisel interviewed Smith right after his video game-like performance against Baylor in September when he completed 88 percent of his passes (45-51) while throwing for 656 yards and eight touchdowns.

After the game, he (Smith) said he would celebrate by returning to the football building to watch video of No. 11 Texas, the defense he will face Saturday night.

Which is all you really need to know.

First of all, Smith is a football nerd. He did exactly what he wanted to do Saturday night. There's nothing he likes to do more than come into the football building and watch video, except maybe to download game or practice video onto his iPad to take home and watch.

West Virginia head coach Dana Holgorsen called Smith, "The most competitive guy I've been around" in that same article. Smith's been described as a 'football nerd' or 'film junkie' and that combined with how competitive he is as a player, I don't see a lot of negatives on Smith as to how he prepares for his craft.

My favorite quote from this article though is how Smith responds to how he approaches the game mentally. It's a chess match and he's already a few moves ahead.

"I feel like I don't see it as myself against those defensive players, because they don't come up with their game plan. I see it as myself against the defensive coordinator. So I'll get plays and I'll get looks, and I'll figure out what they're doing, which formations, which personnel, and I'll figure out ways to counter it, so the next time I got that look, I would know exactly what to do."

Now let's talk about the fun stuff and show you some of it too.

I've said before the one single reason above all else that I like Geno Smith is his ability to manipulate the pocket while keeping his eyes down field.

Here's an example against Texas.

Geno3_medium

He is calm with chaos around him and that cannot be taught or developed in my opinion. This is the anti-Matt Cassel.

I think most people by now understand that Geno Smith is not a running quarterback. He is a pocket passer with enough athleticism to extend a play or escape pressure when needed. Two Texas players with free shots at Smith weren't able to bring him down until he picked up seven yards on this scramble. Neither Tyler Wilson or Mike Glennon could have made this play. That guy he's running from, Alex Okafor (#80), is one of the top OLB prospects in the draft.

Geno4_medium

This next play shows two things that really stood out to me. The first was recognizing the pressure and calmly stepping up in the pocket to give himself a clean throwing lane. The second is the accuracy and touch to put the ball in a place that only his WR could catch it for the TD. There is a lot of 'touch' on this pass.

Geno5_medium

This next play is another one of those underrated throws for me. Not just for Smith but for any QB. He shows great arm strength here but you're looking at the accuracy and the timing. If this ball isn't thrown as a dart and flutters at all, No. 7, the 'Honey Badger' (or as I call him our 4th round pick) takes that ball to the house on a pick six. Smith perfectly leads Tavon Austin which makes this a six-yard gain instead of just a one-yard gain.

Geno6_medium

This next play is just. plain. awesome. He escapes the near sack attempt from LSU's Barkevious (Keke) Mingo, another top draft prospect this year by the way, spins, and still has the composure to get his eyes down field and deliver a strike for a first down. Again, it's not about the spin move, it's about the calmness to then get your eyes down the field to make a play. It's also a great display of arm strength considering he's throwing on the run.

Geno7_medium

So far you've seen accuracy on a short slant and a quick out pass. Here are the kinds of passes that gets everyone else excited. The touch on a deep ball to drop it in on a dime. It looks like he barely threw the ball .... barely threw it 47 yards down the field. I also really like that he led the ball to the outside shoulder of the WR, where only the WR would be able to make a play.

Genoo8_medium

You've seen the touch on a deep ball so now let's look at one on a short throw. Another absolute dime dropped by Smith to the outside shoulder on a fade in the end-zone. You cannot throw a football any more perfectly than this right here.

Geno2_medium

This last clip is the single most impressive play I saw from Geno Smith after watching every pass he made against Kansas, Marshall, LSU, Texas, Baylor and Kansas State. This play shows everything you want to see from a NFL prospect. He goes through his progressions, he faces pressure, shows arm strength, accuracy and timing on a far-hash to outside the numbers throw. It doesn't get better than this folks.

Geno1_medium

I know that Tyler Wilson and Mike Glennon can make some of these throws too. Obviously, they're top prospects as well with big-time arms. But I have yet to see either of those guys show me the array of throws that Geno Smith has shown and which were displayed in these clips. The ability to make every throw needed has been what's allowed Geno Smith to complete 71 percent of his passes this year as a senior. He's thrown 96 touchdowns in his career to just 21 interceptions so he takes care of the ball as well.

There were games that Smith didn't play up to the same standard that he had in others this season. The Kansas State and Texas Tech games come to mind. Even with those games, the entire package and body of work is still more than enough to warrant the No. 1 pick.

More: Need > value for the Chiefs in the draft | Tyler Bray going pro

As I wrote previously here on Arrowhead Pride, it's not fair to expect Geno Smith or any QB drafted by the Chiefs to put up the same kind of numbers as a rookie you're seeing from Russell Wilson or RGIII. That's a lot to ask. But the Chiefs would be getting the best overall talent in this draft at QB and a guy that has the ability to make every throw in the NFL.

He's got the mental acuity to play the position at the next level as demonstrated by his work habits in college. He has the physical tools to play the position at an elite level and he has that 'it' factor to be calm in the face of chaos.

It is for these reasons that I think he's the no-brainer, No. 1 overall pick for the Chiefs.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: 2013 mock draft   2013 mock draft - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 11:59 am

That is a really good fan post. To see the clips of the throws he is talking about go and look here.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2012/12/21/3790082/geno-smith-nfl-draft-chiefs-no-1-pick
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: 2013 mock draft   2013 mock draft - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 12:00 pm

SylvesterMalone1978 wrote:
We actually aren't mocked to draft a LT this year!?

Actually they are. Dumbasses are mocking us Jockel. I have seen it on some mocks.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: 2013 mock draft   2013 mock draft - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 12:02 pm

Chiefs09 wrote:
We cant afford a bust yet all the QBs in this draft have big bust potential. Trade back and take Wilson or Glennon. Then get Bray or Manuel later. A team like the Jets would trade up to #1 just to make the splash.

I'm going on record to say we take Geno number fucking 1. Then if Bowe is not back we take his favorite target Tavon Austin at the top of the 2nd if he is still there. Find a CB in the 3rd. Best player available with our 3rd round comp pick.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: 2013 mock draft   2013 mock draft - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 12:06 pm

RustShack wrote:
Fuck this draft. Fuck the Chiefs luck. There's no sure way to get a QB. We need Geno or Wilson to be a franchise QB... we can't afford a bust.

Fuck Luck and Fuck RG3! How about some Russell Wilson? There is no fucking reason why he should've been bypassed in the 3rd. Definitely another Drew Brees. If I seen Pioli on the street I would kick that bitch in the sack! I wanted to take him bad last year. Had we made that pick last year we would've been set with our franchise QB. 63% comp, 2700 yards, 21 TD's to 9 picks. Not to shabby for a fucking rook! I think Pioli said when asked about it something to the effect that he wasn't convinced that Wilson was a NFL QB. I wonder if he's convinced now?
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: 2013 mock draft   2013 mock draft - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 12:20 pm

BigRatt wrote:
RustShack wrote:

Fuck Luck and Fuck RG3! How about some Russell Wilson? There is no fucking reason why he should've been bypassed in the 3rd. Definitely another Drew Brees. If I seen Pioli on the street I would kick that bitch in the sack! I wanted to take him bad last year. Had we made that pick last year we would've been set with our franchise QB. 63% comp, 2700 yards, 21 TD's to 9 picks. Not to shabby for a fucking rook! I think Pioli said when asked about it something to the effect that he wasn't convinced that Wilson was a NFL QB. I wonder if he's convinced now?

Yep that dumbass has passed on Mallet, Dalton and Wilson so far. Not that Mallet has proven anything yet. Hard to prove anything when you backup Brady.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

PostSubject: Re: 2013 mock draft   2013 mock draft - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 3:47 pm

Im not expecting Wilson or Geno to play like RGIII or Luck their rookie seasons even though its possible.

I really think Geno and Wilson are very underrated simply because of their teams win loss record. Geno played on a team with one of the worst defenses in the NCAA. Wilsons team was a complete fail from coaching to the talent around him. Both Luck and RGIII had successful programs their last seasons.

As for Geno, ive read comparisons to Aaron Rodgers, which isnt a bad comparison really. Both are mobile guys who can run when need be, but prefer to stand in the pocket and always look downfield. Rodgers did learn behind Favre however which helped curve him into what he is today. We'd be throwing Geno out there day 1.

As for Wilson, ive seen him compared to Brett Favre, which really isnt a bad comparison either. Both are gunslingers that take alot of gambles. Inconsistant decision making but both are tough as shit.

Wilson is the safer pick to me, but Geno has the higher ceiling. I would gladly take either though.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

PostSubject: Re: 2013 mock draft   2013 mock draft - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 3:49 pm

I normally dont pay attention to mock drafts until after the senior bowl and around the combine..still though to have us taking Joeckel over a QB is idiocy.
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: 2013 mock draft   2013 mock draft - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 4:03 pm

Touchdown Bowe wrote:
I normally dont pay attention to mock drafts until after the senior bowl and around the combine..still though to have us taking Joeckel over a QB is idiocy.

If they cant trade out of the spot then it would be a smart move but it wont happen. Fan pressure will force them to draft Geno even though he isnt worth the 1 spot. Not when you can get Wilson or Glennon in 2 or trade back into the later half of 1. Just because a team desperately needs a QB doesnt mean the draft has 1 worth the 1 spot.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

PostSubject: Re: 2013 mock draft   2013 mock draft - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 4:21 pm

Chiefs09 wrote:
Touchdown Bowe wrote:

If they cant trade out of the spot then it would be a smart move but it wont happen. Fan pressure will force them to draft Geno even though he isnt worth the 1 spot. Not when you can get Wilson or Glennon in 2 or trade back into the later half of 1. Just because a team desperately needs a QB doesnt mean the draft has 1 worth the 1 spot.

Regardless though, as of right now a majority of NFL scouts and mock drafters believe Geno is easily a top 10, even top 5 pick. By the end of the combine Wilson will work his way into the top 10 as well.

If our new GM feels Geno or even Wilson has franchise QB potential, even if he's not the best overall player on the board, they have to take him. No matter what. We cant sit here and screw around and draft a LT first and a more unsure thing in Glennon in the 2nd. This team needs a top ranked QB now. We havent drafted a QB in the first since Blackledge. We havent even tried. Its pathetic. Clark needs to show us he gives a shit and draft a difference maker now.
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: 2013 mock draft   2013 mock draft - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 5:53 pm

Thats desperation talk. The QBs this year are horrible. You will get your wish for sure. But remember you wanted this 5 years from now when none of these QBs in this class turn out to be shit. Drafting a guy based soley on need when he isnt worth it doesnt seem like a smart move in a team sport. I'd take Vick over any of the guys in this draft and Vick sucks now.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

PostSubject: Re: 2013 mock draft   2013 mock draft - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 9:48 pm

Chiefs09 wrote:
Thats desperation talk. The QBs this year are horrible. You will get your wish for sure. But remember you wanted this 5 years from now when none of these QBs in this class turn out to be shit. Drafting a guy based soley on need when he isnt worth it doesnt seem like a smart move in a team sport. I'd take Vick over any of the guys in this draft and Vick sucks now.

Vick over Geno or Wilson? No fucking way.

Geno had a completion percentage of 71.4% this past season. .1 Higher than Lucks. Just below RGIII's.
Geno has passed for more yards than Luck. 200 fewer than RGIII.
Geno had 40 TDs. Higher than both RGIII and Luck.
Geno had 6 interceptions. Tied with RGIII. Fewer than Luck.

Watch Geno play because im sure you havent. He moves like Aaron Rodgers. He is ALWAYS looking downfield. Its like he's just ignoring the pressure. He's got the touch of Rodgers. He can put the ball anywhere. He's also a film junkie. Ive read he would watch film of the next weeks opponent just hours after his games. He's a leader. Thats what we need.

Wilsons stats are all over the place simply because of the complete lack of everything around him his senior year. If you actually watch film on him though, he's a gunslinger. He's not afraid to make any throw. He's tough as shit.

After these 2 guys, I do agree that the rest of the QB class is trash. Barkley is overhyped and wont amount to jack. Im not a fan of Murray if he declares. Bray would be a decent project although I dont like his build.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: 2013 mock draft   2013 mock draft - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 3:06 pm

The QB's really aren't horrible. Compared to last year, yes its horrible.. but then so is any other year. Those are the best two QB's to ever come out together. Luck was the best QB since Payton Manning. There have been other franchise QB's drafted between the Manning and Luck drafts. We have to come out with Smith or Wilson.
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: 2013 mock draft   2013 mock draft - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 3:58 pm

Touchdown Bowe wrote:
Chiefs09 wrote:

Geno had a completion percentage of 71.4% this past season. .1 Higher than Lucks. Just below RGIII's.

Watch Geno play because im sure you havent. He moves like Aaron Rodgers. He is ALWAYS looking downfield. Its like he's just ignoring the pressure. He's got the touch of Rodgers. He can put the ball anywhere. He's also a film junkie. Ive read he would watch film of the next weeks opponent just hours after his games. He's a leader. Thats what we need.

Wilsons stats are all over the place simply because of the complete lack of everything around him his senior year. If you actually watch film on him though, he's a gunslinger. He's not afraid to make any throw. He's tough as shit.

After these 2 guys, I do agree that the rest of the QB class is trash. Barkley is overhyped and wont amount to jack. Im not a fan of Murray if he declares. Bray would be a decent project although I dont like his build.

I have watched Geno play plenty. That is why I have jumped off the bandwagon I was on before I actually watched him. Put him in the SEC instead of the NOD12 he is not even considered 4th rnd pick.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

PostSubject: Re: 2013 mock draft   2013 mock draft - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 5:58 pm

Chiefs09 wrote:
Touchdown Bowe wrote:
Chiefs09 wrote:

I have watched Geno play plenty. That is why I have jumped off the bandwagon I was on before I actually watched him. Put him in the SEC instead of the NOD12 he is not even considered 4th rnd pick.

RGIII played in the big 12...

It doesnt matter what conference you play in. If youre good, youre good. If youre not, youre not.

Geno is good.
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: 2013 mock draft   2013 mock draft - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 6:26 pm

David Carr was good. Klingsbury was good. Quinn was good. Ive watched Geno play multple times this year while working down in Dallas. Geno is KCs next Blackledge.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: 2013 mock draft   2013 mock draft - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 8:02 pm

If aTm still played in the Big12, everyone would be saying how their QB couldn't do it against the SEC.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: 2013 mock draft   2013 mock draft - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 11:17 pm

Chiefs09 wrote:
David Carr was good. Klingsbury was good. Quinn was good. Ive watched Geno play multple times this year while working down in Dallas. Geno is KCs next Blackledge.

I'm going to disagree with you. Check the film out against Oklahoma and Texas. It's not a highlight film either as it shows every pass play. Geno got murdered against Texas from piss poor O line play and yet he still is seen looking down the field and chucking the ball all over the field. They won that game 48-45. The film against Oklahoma he goes deep often and shows his arm. Several of his deep balls the WR is double covered and he throws the ball right where it has to be. He has 7 or 8 throws in that game that no QB on our roster even has a chance to complete. They lost the Oklahoma game 50-49. I have yet to see anything that shows why he won't be a good NFL QB. The only knock that I can find is that he will hold the ball a bit to long at times waiting for things to develop. Maybe you can check this film out and share some of your infinite knowledge as to why you think he sucks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZCPd5u6f3c
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: 2013 mock draft   2013 mock draft - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 10:44 am

TEXAS was one of the worst Ds in the entire country
Back to top Go down
SylvesterMalone1978
All-Pro
All-Pro
SylvesterMalone1978

PostSubject: Re: 2013 mock draft   2013 mock draft - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 2:17 pm

If Geno had a better OL and defense he would be the #1 guy no question!
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

PostSubject: Re: 2013 mock draft   2013 mock draft - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 2:54 pm

SylvesterMalone1978 wrote:
If Geno had a better OL and defense he would be the #1 guy no question!

Exactly. Both Luck and RGIII had pieces to work with their last seasons, which led to better records and more hype.

Genos defense was one of the worst in the entire nation. They didnt make any noise outside of Geno, which led to him being swept under the rug.

Had he had a top 50 defense at least, they would have been a top 25 team and Geno would probably be the obvious #1 pick right now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2013 mock draft   2013 mock draft - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

2013 mock draft
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next