ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Latest images  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
Geno Smith
SI 2012 Mock Draft Bar_left45%SI 2012 Mock Draft Bar_right
 45% [ 15 ]
Luke Joekel
SI 2012 Mock Draft Bar_left12%SI 2012 Mock Draft Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Domontre Moore
SI 2012 Mock Draft Bar_left3%SI 2012 Mock Draft Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Jarvis Jones
SI 2012 Mock Draft Bar_left9%SI 2012 Mock Draft Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Manti Te'o
SI 2012 Mock Draft Bar_left3%SI 2012 Mock Draft Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Star Lotulelei
SI 2012 Mock Draft Bar_left6%SI 2012 Mock Draft Bar_right
 6% [ 2 ]
Tyler Wilson
SI 2012 Mock Draft Bar_left12%SI 2012 Mock Draft Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Other
SI 2012 Mock Draft Bar_left9%SI 2012 Mock Draft Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 33
Latest topics
» Bones Stagione 7 Ita
SI 2012 Mock Draft EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 2:04 pm by 

» Paragon Partition Manager 12 10.1.19.15721 Personal
SI 2012 Mock Draft EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:20 pm by 

SI 2012 Mock Draft EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

SI 2012 Mock Draft EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

SI 2012 Mock Draft EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:18 pm by 

Advertisement

SI 2012 Mock Draft

Go down 
+2
FatThucker
RustShack
6 posters
AuthorMessage
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

SI 2012 Mock Draft Empty
PostSubject: SI 2012 Mock Draft   SI 2012 Mock Draft EmptyThu May 05, 2011 9:03 pm

2012 NFL Mock Draft
by Andrew Perloff

After a lackluster 2011 NFL Draft in both television ratings and quality, the hype will return next season thanks to a class loaded with talent at the offensive skill positions.

Hopefully the lockout will be a distant memory by the time Roger Goodell steps to the podium next April. The 2012 draft could be shaped by a rookie salary cap after the dust settles from the labor battle.

Here is a look at my (Way early) 2011 NFL Mock Draft from April of last year. No. 1 and No. 2 overall picks Ryan Mallett and Da'Quan Bowers looked relatively good throughout most of last college football season. Though this year's top guy seems a lot safer ...

1. Buffalo Bills: Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford
The Bills did well drafting Marcell Dareus, but still have too many holes on defense to improve next season. You won't find a single 2012 mock draft that doesn't list Luck No. 1. Other than injury, the only possibility he'll fall is if the bar is set too high and experts pick him apart.

2. Carolina Panthers: Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State
Blackmon might have been the highest receiver taken in the 2011 draft, even ahead of A.J. Green, who went No. 4 overall. The Panthers will be eager to get help for Cam Newton.

3. Cleveland Browns: Landry Jones, QB, Oklahoma
The 6-foot-4 Jones has NFL size and arm strength and has proved a lot in college already. He threw 38 touchdowns and 12 interceptions last season and should put up Sam Bradford-like numbers this season.

4. Tennessee Titans: Quinton Coples, DE, North Carolina
The 6-6, 270-pound Coples had 10 sacks for North Carolina last season and will be the premiere pass rusher in this draft.

5. Seattle Seahawks: Matt Barkley, QB, USC
The Seahawks will make up for not taking a quarterback this season by reuniting Barkley with his former coach Pete Carroll.

6. Denver Broncos: Matt Kalil, OT, USC
The little brother of the Panthers' Ryan Kalil should be the first tackle taken and could go even higher depending on team needs. He's a solid technician and tough.

7. Cincinnati Bengals: Riley Reiff, OT, Iowa
At a school known for producing good offensive linemen, Reiff might be the best of the last decade. He's got a nasty attitude and will be NFL-ready.

8. Oakland Raiders: Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama
Kirkpatrick meets the Raiders' speed requirement and will team with Stanford Routt to give Oakland an impressive defensive backfield.

9. Minnesota Vikings: Jonathan Martin, T, Stanford
Vikings left tackle Bryant McKinnie will be 32 at the end of the season, so Minnesota will look to the future to help protect quarterback Christian Ponder.

10. Washington Redskins: Jared Crick, DT, Nebraska
Crick had 17 tackles for a loss and 9.5 sacks last season despite constant double-teams. His best fit in the NFL will be 3-4 end, but he could also slide over to tackle in a 4-3.

11. Dallas Cowboys: Cliff Harris, CB, Oregon
Harris is a bit undersized, but will fill a need here and can possibly be an explosive returner. He's similar to a young Terence Newman.

12. Detroit Lions: Stephon Gilmore, CB, South Carolina
The Lions need to bolster their secondary and will take the highest rated cornerback at this spot. Gilmore still has something to prove, but could develop into a shutdown guy.

13. Miami Dolphins: Jerel Worthy, DT, Michigan State
Worthy didn't have big numbers last season (four sacks), but he takes up a lot of attention from opposing offensive lines and should develop into a productive 3-4 end.

14. Kansas City Chiefs: Nate Potter, OT, Boise State
The Chiefs need depth up front and Potter could possibly play multiple spots on the line.

15. Jacksonville Jaguars: Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama
The Jaguars will be eager to add another major weapon to help Blaine Gabbert.

16. Houston Texans: Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU
Claiborne had five interceptions last season and should fill nicely into Patrick Peterson's role. Houston surprised some folks by not going cornerback in this year's draft; it needs a lot of help in the secondary.

17. San Francisco 49ers: Knile Davis, RB, Arkansas
The Niners need to find a successor to Frank Gore, and the big, physical Davis fits the bill.

18. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Courtney Upshaw, LB, Alabama
Upshaw looked good in the spring and should develop into a star this season. He'll fit in on a defense loaded with young, athletic players.

19 Arizona Cardinals: Kelechi Osemele, T/G, Iowa State
The Cardinals will want more protection for whoever takes over at quarterback. Osemele is a mauler that will start at guard but can play right tackle.

20. New York Giants: Mike Adams, OT, Ohio State
The Giants passed on an opportunity to grab an offensive lineman in the first round this season. Adams is suspended the first five games of the season for taking improper benefits, but the Giants have a strong locker room and won't be scared off by the behavior.

21. Baltimore Ravens: Alshon Jeffery, WR, South Carolina
Jeffery was very productive as a sophomore, but is a little too slow to be a top-10 pick. Still, the Ravens have been trying to find a young star at this position for some time.

22. Chicago Bears: Dont'a Hightower, LB, Alabama
A perfect, Bears-style player who can take over the mantle of great Chicago linebackers from the aging Brian Urlacher and Lance Briggs.

23. New England Patriots: Kheeston Randall, DT, Texas
A versatile, run-stuffing defensive lineman who can play base end and even fill in at nose.

24. St. Louis Rams: Travis Lewis, LB, Oklahoma
Teams want to wait to draft 4-3 linebackers, but Lewis will be productive enough this season to overcome that handicap. The Rams could also look at North Carolina LB Zach Brown.

25. Indianapolis Colts: Ray Ray Armstrong, S, Miami
Armstrong is a big, physical safety with good ball skills who will add to the Miami defensive back legacy.

26. Philadelphia Eagles: Brandon Jenkins, DE, Florida State
An undersized but very productive pass rusher who seems to fit the Eagles' mold. Jenkins had 13.5 sacks in 2010.

27. San Diego Chargers: Devin Taylor, DE, South Carolina
The Chargers began to address their defense in this year's draft, but they would love to add a potentially explosive pass rusher like Taylor.

28. Cleveland Browns (via Atlanta Falcons): Vontaze Burfict, LB, Arizona State
Burfict's only issue is that the NFL doesn't seem to value linebackers in the draft.

29. New York Jets: Robert Griffin, QB, Baylor
Baylor coach Art Briles has been churning out first-round picks the last few years. Griffin will move up draft boards past fellow quarterbacks Nick Foles and Brandon Weeden because of his exciting style.

30. Green Bay Packers: Cyrus Gray, RB, Texas A&M
Competitive at virtually every position, the Packers have a luxury pick here and finally get a home-run threat in the backfield. Gray is a tough runner with major burst through the hole.

31. New England Patriots (via the Saints): Matt Reynolds, OT, BYU
If the Patriots stay here, they have a lot of building to do on the offensive line. But they could package both their picks to move up in the first round, or once again move out of the first round. Reynolds has struggled with a shoulder injury, but will be very productive when healthy.

32. Pittsburgh Steelers: Alameda Ta'amu, DT, Washington
The 330-pound, four-year starter will be Casey Hampton's replacement.
Back to top Go down
http://arrowheaddrive.com
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

SI 2012 Mock Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: SI 2012 Mock Draft   SI 2012 Mock Draft EmptyThu May 05, 2011 9:04 pm

Surprise! Chiefs mocked an OT, just like every single other year.
Back to top Go down
FatThucker
All-Pro
All-Pro

SI 2012 Mock Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: SI 2012 Mock Draft   SI 2012 Mock Draft EmptyFri May 06, 2011 9:06 am

Sportsline and Foxsports have us taking an OT as well
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

SI 2012 Mock Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: SI 2012 Mock Draft   SI 2012 Mock Draft EmptyFri May 06, 2011 9:48 am

Picking at 14? Did Sportsline and fox have us picking that high too? So was winning division a fluke?
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

SI 2012 Mock Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: SI 2012 Mock Draft   SI 2012 Mock Draft EmptyFri May 06, 2011 12:07 pm

They might have thought so with the schedule and now this years schedule.. But if Baldwin can play like a #2 receiver(or even #1, hes talented enough too)... the Chiefs are legit contenders. That was really the one area that just killed the Chiefs offense and team.
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

SI 2012 Mock Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: SI 2012 Mock Draft   SI 2012 Mock Draft EmptyFri May 06, 2011 2:32 pm

If they can get Baldwins attitude right the sky is the limit for him. Hudson is gonna help this O out right away too. Did Odowd go undrafted? If so I'd bring him in and see if he can play. Hudson will be good at either C or G, so if you can get a decent C through UDFA, then you just add more depth.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

SI 2012 Mock Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: SI 2012 Mock Draft   SI 2012 Mock Draft EmptyFri May 06, 2011 3:02 pm

I was intrigued by Odowd as well. Injuries have hurt him though. I would like to keep Wiggy around this year to work with Hudson. I think C is where Hudson will start this because that is where he can help us right away. The Oline is looking up though. Albert, Waters, Hudson, Lilja/Asamoah, Richardson/FA. I personally am ready to get Asamoah going. He had the capability of starting last year.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

SI 2012 Mock Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: SI 2012 Mock Draft   SI 2012 Mock Draft EmptyFri May 06, 2011 3:26 pm

If we do take a T next year it looks like it would be a good year to do so. Hes got 7 in the 1st. Walters has us taken a Stephen Gilmore CB, South Carolina at 8 because he doesn't think we will able to pay Flowers and Carr both. I saw some other mocks with Manti Te'o ILB out of ND. These are worthless this time of year. I really dont see many standout needs heading into 2012 draft unless he doesn't sign some guys that need to be signed. I think we probally could use a ILB, although Richardson might just be adequate enough this year, if he doesn't improve i think we will need a T, if Cassell flops this year then a arguement could be made to trade the farm and move up to get Luck or Barkley. The Chiefs are to a point where they can start drafting talent over need.

Last edited by BigRatt on Fri May 06, 2011 3:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

SI 2012 Mock Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: SI 2012 Mock Draft   SI 2012 Mock Draft EmptyFri May 06, 2011 3:29 pm

RustShack wrote:
Surprise! Chiefs mocked an OT, just like every single other year.

I think they wanted Solder and probally would have taken him if he where available.
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

SI 2012 Mock Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: SI 2012 Mock Draft   SI 2012 Mock Draft EmptyMon May 09, 2011 1:34 pm

BigRatt wrote:
If we do take a T next year it looks like it would be a good year to do so. Hes got 7 in the 1st. Walters has us taken a Stephen Gilmore CB, South Carolina at 8 because he doesn't think we will able to pay Flowers and Carr both. I saw some other mocks with Manti Te'o ILB out of ND. These are worthless this time of year. I really dont see many standout needs heading into 2012 draft unless he doesn't sign some guys that need to be signed. I think we probally could use a ILB, although Richardson might just be adequate enough this year, if he doesn't improve i think we will need a T, if Cassell flops this year then a arguement could be made to trade the farm and move up to get Luck or Barkley. The Chiefs are to a point where they can start drafting talent over need.

We have the smallest payroll in the league, it shouldnt be a problem to keep both CB's. If Cassel flops we wont have to trade the farm to move up and get Barkley or Jones because we will be drafting in top 10 anyway. With our Schedule Cassel has to play well or we are cooked. But I would trade the next 10 drafts to get Luck.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

SI 2012 Mock Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: SI 2012 Mock Draft   SI 2012 Mock Draft EmptyMon May 09, 2011 3:41 pm

I'm OK with letting Carr go, but only if we are signing Nnamdi Asomugha SI 2012 Mock Draft 114508
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

SI 2012 Mock Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: SI 2012 Mock Draft   SI 2012 Mock Draft EmptyMon May 09, 2011 3:43 pm

It will be interesting to see Luck this year, typically the #1 QB who ends up going back for another year end up falling down the draft a lot.
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

SI 2012 Mock Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: SI 2012 Mock Draft   SI 2012 Mock Draft EmptyMon May 09, 2011 3:57 pm

I hope Luck does fall. I hope he falls to wherever KC drafts next year.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

SI 2012 Mock Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: SI 2012 Mock Draft   SI 2012 Mock Draft EmptyMon May 09, 2011 4:04 pm

I feel like Cassel will do well enough that they pass on drafting a QB. No he isn't a top 5 QB, but hes still in the top half of the league, and whether you want to admit it, we could do a lot worse. Hes still new to being a starting QB, hes not as young as you would like, but hes not close to maxed out.. he will keep getting better. He has no excuse to be bad now, he has a great supporting cast offense and defense... and arguably the best QB coach in the NFL now.

Pioli and Haley want a power house defense and running game. They aren't going to go out and give the farm for a top notch QB when thats not the style of football they want to play. They want a smart and accurate QB to manage this team to victory.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

SI 2012 Mock Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: SI 2012 Mock Draft   SI 2012 Mock Draft EmptyMon May 09, 2011 4:06 pm

Not to say if there was a can't miss QB there(rare), they wouldn't scoop him up if they had the chance... but the chances of us being in that situation are about the same as drafting Tom Brady in round 6.
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

SI 2012 Mock Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: SI 2012 Mock Draft   SI 2012 Mock Draft EmptyMon May 09, 2011 4:10 pm

He's Right in the middle in a league full of teams that really need a starting QB. Most contenders have a top end QB these days.
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

SI 2012 Mock Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: SI 2012 Mock Draft   SI 2012 Mock Draft EmptyMon May 09, 2011 4:16 pm

There are gonna be at least 3 "cant miss" QB's next year with Luck, Barkley, and Jones. Even saw a mock (I know its worthless now) that had some kid named Lindley going top 10. I dont know anything about him is why I didnt mention him. We could easily be drafting in the 8-15 range next year with a much better QB class coming out.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

SI 2012 Mock Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: SI 2012 Mock Draft   SI 2012 Mock Draft EmptyMon May 09, 2011 4:20 pm

Cassel was a can't miss QB coming out of HS, and theres a pretty good chance he would have been after college if he went to a different school. He has the tools, hes a good athlete, smart guy, and hard worker.. his only problem is he hasn't been doing it long enough.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to have someone better.. I just don't realistically see it happening.. at all.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

SI 2012 Mock Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: SI 2012 Mock Draft   SI 2012 Mock Draft EmptyMon May 09, 2011 4:25 pm

Here's the Bill Parcells guideline to drafting a QB, I'd say there's a pretty good chance Pioli and Haley follow this.

1. Be a three-year starter
2. Post at least 23 wins
3. Be a senior
4. Be a college graduate
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

SI 2012 Mock Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: SI 2012 Mock Draft   SI 2012 Mock Draft EmptyMon May 09, 2011 4:36 pm

Stanzi, 6'4", 230 Lbs.

1. Three year starter, check
2. 23 wins, check(26-9 record as starting quarterback)
3. Senior, check
4. College graduate, check(Interdepartmental Studies (Business))

Sorry I've always hated this guy, but I'm doing some reading and heres a few interesting things..

-had at least one touchdown pass in 21 consecutive games to establish school record
-only quarterback to start three games against Penn State Coach Joe Paterno and win all three
-only Iowa quarterback, and just third Big Ten quarterback, to start and win three bowl games
one of seven seniors named to 2010 Leadership Group . . . one of four juniors named to 2009 Leadership Group.
-One of five finalists for 2010 Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award
-one of five finalists for Premier Player of the Year Award
-one of 16 semifinal candidates for 2010 Davey O'Brien Quarterback Award
-one of 16 semifinal candidates for 2010 Maxwell Award
-Roy J. Carver Most Valuable Player, Permanent Team Captain, and Hayden Fry "Extra Heartbeat" Award

Career Statistics
Passing Com. Att. Pct. Yds. TD Int. Lng
Freshman 0 4 .000 0 0 1 - -
Sophomore 150 254 .591 1,956 14 9 59
Junior 171 304 .562 2,417 17 15 92
Senior 221 345 .641 3,004 25 6 70
Career 542 907 .598 7,377 56 31 92
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

SI 2012 Mock Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: SI 2012 Mock Draft   SI 2012 Mock Draft EmptyMon May 09, 2011 4:39 pm

I could easily see the Chiefs liking this guy a lot, and passing on drafting a QB because they are grooming him. He really has everything I like in a QB, I'd prefer a bigger arm but his is big enough. I hate that hes from Iowa, but at least its a similar scheme. He already has about at much starting experience as Cassel(granted Cassels is in the NFL though).

His problems are correctable. I made fun of him a lot for mistakes he made, but hopefully he learned from those and is better for it now. Shit hes probably already better at taking snaps from under center than Cassel is. He really is in a good situation here.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

SI 2012 Mock Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: SI 2012 Mock Draft   SI 2012 Mock Draft EmptyMon May 09, 2011 4:56 pm

Now I know last year Cassel watched a lot of Drew Brees film and modeled his game after that. If I'm Stanzi, I'm soaking up everything I can from Cassel.. who was a backup to Brady for a few years, and watch all the Brady film I can.

Pioli needs to set up a date with Stanzi and Brady so he can learn everything Brady did to get from where Stanzi is now to where Brady is now.
Back to top Go down
SylvesterMalone1978
All-Pro
All-Pro
SylvesterMalone1978

SI 2012 Mock Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: SI 2012 Mock Draft   SI 2012 Mock Draft EmptyMon May 09, 2011 5:46 pm

Ricky really is what you look for in an NFL QB, he is a perfect project for us.. He might even be more Pro Offense ready than our Starter. I hope the best for him, like Rust said hopefully he learned from his mistakes at Iowa!

3-0 against Penn State and In bowl games sounds great to me!
Back to top Go down
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro
OutlawChief

SI 2012 Mock Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: SI 2012 Mock Draft   SI 2012 Mock Draft EmptyMon May 09, 2011 6:41 pm

RustShack wrote:
I feel like Cassel will do well enough that they pass on drafting a QB. No he isn't a top 5 QB, but hes still in the top half of the league, and whether you want to admit it, we could do a lot worse. Hes still new to being a starting QB, hes not as young as you would like, but hes not close to maxed out.. he will keep getting better. He has no excuse to be bad now, he has a great supporting cast offense and defense... and arguably the best QB coach in the NFL now.

Pioli and Haley want a power house defense and running game. They aren't going to go out and give the farm for a top notch QB when thats not the style of football they want to play. They want a smart and accurate QB to manage this team to victory.

Cassel will be fine. I have always said he is a good QB. May never be a great QB. But what we are building I can see him winning a SB. Hell we just drafted Stanzi as a development QB. I cant see us drafting another next year. And with Zorn there and if he sticks around Cassel will only improve.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SI 2012 Mock Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: SI 2012 Mock Draft   SI 2012 Mock Draft Empty

Back to top Go down

SI 2012 Mock Draft
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ARROWHEAD DRIVE :: The Lounge-
Jump to: