ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Latest images  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
Geno Smith
2013 mock draft - Page 3 Bar_left45%2013 mock draft - Page 3 Bar_right
 45% [ 15 ]
Luke Joekel
2013 mock draft - Page 3 Bar_left12%2013 mock draft - Page 3 Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Domontre Moore
2013 mock draft - Page 3 Bar_left3%2013 mock draft - Page 3 Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Jarvis Jones
2013 mock draft - Page 3 Bar_left9%2013 mock draft - Page 3 Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Manti Te'o
2013 mock draft - Page 3 Bar_left3%2013 mock draft - Page 3 Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Star Lotulelei
2013 mock draft - Page 3 Bar_left6%2013 mock draft - Page 3 Bar_right
 6% [ 2 ]
Tyler Wilson
2013 mock draft - Page 3 Bar_left12%2013 mock draft - Page 3 Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Other
2013 mock draft - Page 3 Bar_left9%2013 mock draft - Page 3 Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 33
Latest topics
» Bones Stagione 7 Ita
2013 mock draft - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 2:04 pm by 

» Paragon Partition Manager 12 10.1.19.15721 Personal
2013 mock draft - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:20 pm by 

2013 mock draft - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

2013 mock draft - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

2013 mock draft - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:18 pm by 

Advertisement

2013 mock draft

Go down 
+6
chiefbravebull
Chiefs09
KCJay
Touchdown Bowe
RustShack
OutlawChief
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro
OutlawChief

2013 mock draft - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: 2013 mock draft   2013 mock draft - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 6:37 pm

First topic message reminder :

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/2012/11/21/3676376/2013-nfl-mock-draft-pass-rushers-dion-jordan-geno-smith-chiefs
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: 2013 mock draft   2013 mock draft - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 10:22 pm

RustShack wrote:
Yeah Curry was the safest pick in the draft. I think I'm the only person in America who didn't want us to draft him. I don't even know who I want at this point. I reached in my clean cloths pile after my shower tonight and it happened to be a Chiefs shirt I pulled out. I just laughed as I put it on.

Sad.

You werent the only one. But I cant find the article or remember who it was that was saying same thing. Putting up numbers in a terrible ACC and doing it with NDs schedule arent even close. and my fav team is in the ACC. It is the second weakest BCS conference without a doubt. I'm not even saying Teo is the only one I'd want though. If you can get a great CB after fucking up and letting a good one walk this year then do it. But to take a QB #1 and pray he becomes an average NFL QB is dumb. With this QB class that is the ceiling for any of them.
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: 2013 mock draft   2013 mock draft - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 1:56 pm

Looks like KC is in need of another LB now.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: 2013 mock draft   2013 mock draft - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 9:44 pm

Geno Smith goes over 4000 yards today and 40 TD's on the season verses just 6 Ints.
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: 2013 mock draft   2013 mock draft - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 10:38 pm

BigRatt wrote:
Geno Smith goes over 4000 yards today and 40 TD's on the season verses just 6 Ints.
Go back and look what he did against legit competition now. Dude struggledmightily with any pass rush. They will be taking Geno no doubt. Its more obvious than last years #1 choice, but this is just the wrong choice. It will just turn out to be another bust QB in KC. Drafting out of desperation instead of BPA with plenty of holes outside of QB is just stupid. Especially since the leagues 3rd highest rated passer could be had real cheap at seasons end. Then wait for the real QB class in 14.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: 2013 mock draft   2013 mock draft - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 1:41 am

Chiefs09 wrote:
BigRatt wrote:
Go back and look what he did against legit competition now. Dude struggledmightily with any pass rush. They will be taking Geno no doubt. Its more obvious than last years #1 choice, but this is just the wrong choice. It will just turn out to be another bust QB in KC. Drafting out of desperation instead of BPA with plenty of holes outside of QB is just stupid. Especially since the leagues 3rd highest rated passer could be had real cheap at seasons end. Then wait for the real QB class in 14.

What games are you talking about? Bucky Brooks said Texas put a beating on Smith and he never flinched. Brooks said Smith stood tall in the pocket and put the ball on the money in the face of pressure. I will post the article. If anything is a weakness that I have read so far is that he will stare down a WR at times. He will not be able to do that at the next level. Who are you talking about as the 3rd highest rated passer?
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: 2013 mock draft   2013 mock draft - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 1:45 am

West Virginia's Geno Smith shows poise of NFL quarterback

By Bucky Brooks
Analyst, NFL.com and NFL Network

West Virginia's Geno Smith stood tall against Alex Okafor and the rest of Texas' stout defense on Saturday.

AUSTIN, Texas -- Geno Smith is the real deal.

That opinion should certainly not surprise anyone who read the piece I penned last week comparing Smith to USC's Matt Barkley, but it was validated by the way the Heisman Trophy hopeful worked his magic against the Texas Longhorns on Saturday night.
Brooks: Matt Barkley vs. Geno Smith
Which college QB would go first if the 2013 NFL Draft were held now: Matt Barkley or Geno Smith? Bucky Brooks examines. More ...

Smith completed 25 of 35 passes for 268 yards and four touchdowns in leading West Virginia to a 48-45 victory. Those numbers fell short of the ridiculous output he posted in the Mountaineers' win over a Baylor a week ago, but they were indicative of Smith's workmanlike performance against a top-15 team.

Watching Smith from field level, I was impressed by his diverse all-around game and his ability to make plays from the pocket against a fierce pass rush. He never flinched under duress, and his willingness to stand and deliver with defenders in close proximity spoke volumes about his toughness. In addition, he showed tremendous grit and determination by leading the Mountaineers to victory in a hostile environment.

Now that I've had a day or so to reflect on Smith and his performance Saturday, I've identified three aspects of his game that really stood out to me:

1) Leadership: I have no concerns about Smith's leadership skills after what I saw Saturday. From the time the Mountaineers entered the field for pregame warmups until the conclusion of the game, Smith showed outstanding leadership qualities. He encouraged his teammates at every turn, refusing to hang his head when he turned the ball over on a pair of strip-sacks. Smith was obviously annoyed by the mistakes, but he didn't appear to wallow in self-pity, responding instead with improved play on the subsequent series.
Every Monday, NFL.com college football expert Bucky Brooks looks back on the weekend action and evaluates which prospects are rising and which are sliding.

2) Poise: Great quarterbacks are unflappable in moments of stress, and Smith clearly handled himself well. He took a beating at the hands of the Longhorns' defensive line, but his game in the pocket never changed. Smith consistently delivered accurate throws to his intended receivers, despite having rushers in close proximity. He refused to wilt under the pressure of constant harassment, and his courage under fire helped West Virginia make several critical conversions with the game on the line. Smith tossed three lasers to Stedman Bailey on slants for scores, despite having defenders in his face each time he released the ball; on each toss, he stood in and took the shot while making an accurate throw. Most quarterbacks alter their release point or delivery with contact on the horizon, but Smith's ability to fire an accurate strike under duress was a testament to his courage and poise.

3) Accuracy and anticipation: Many assume that a quarterback with a gaudy completion percentage is the product of a system predicated on making easy throws like bubble screens and swings. The Mountaineers certainly incorporate such concepts in their playbook, but I was impressed with Smith's ability to excel on intermediate throws from the pocket. He consistently delivered pinpoint passes to his receivers on short posts, square-outs and seams. I loved his rhythm as a passer and his ability to quickly transition from play-fake to delivery without skipping a beat. This skill will help him acclimate quickly to the pro game; he already understands how to reposition his feet in the pocket to make throws, so adjusting to three-, five- and seven-step drops will not be a problem.

Smith also displayed fine awareness and anticipation while throwing his receivers into open areas. He repeatedly led wideouts away from defenders, and pinpoint placement prevented tips or deflections at the second level. Smith consequently avoided throwing any interceptions against a defense that maintained tight coverage for most of the night. On the season, Smith has thrown 24 touchdown passes to zero interceptions.

Conclusion: Smith just might be the best quarterback in college football after his impressive showing against the Longhorns. He has all of the physical tools you look for at the position, in addition to the intangibles one needs to be great at the next level. The season is far from over, but it's hard to find a hotter prospect in the 2013 draft class than Smith at this point.
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: 2013 mock draft   2013 mock draft - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 10:34 am

BigRatt wrote:
Chiefs09 wrote:
BigRatt wrote:

What games are you talking about? Bucky Brooks said Texas put a beating on Smith and he never flinched. Brooks said Smith stood tall in the pocket and put the ball on the money in the face of pressure. I will post the article. If anything is a weakness that I have read so far is that he will stare down a WR at times. He will not be able to do that at the next level. Who are you talking about as the 3rd highest rated passer?

Alex Smith. Better to have a guy like that for a year rather than draft a QB that has a ceiling of maybe an average NFL QB. And I dont care what anybody writes. I was all for this guy before I actually watched him play a few times. Like you I was all about the stats. Plenty of QBs have put up college stats and never made it in the NFL. About 90% of Texas Tech QBs come to mind. Staring down WRs is a maor understatement. He has to go with the play that is called and cant make the right adjustments when it is defended. If Alabamas QB decides to come out Id take the chance on him first but I dont see any way that happens. The ceilings of Murray and Manuel are as high as Smiths and you can get them later if you have to draft one this year. There are guys you can start that arent 1st round picks. there really is no need to go back and forth on this because you are going to get your wish. Geno Smith will be KCs pick at #1. It is more obvious than Luck last year. And Pioli will have another bust 1st rounder.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: 2013 mock draft   2013 mock draft - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 2:54 pm

Alex Smith is garbage. He only looked good because he had a coach that does that. Same reason his backup is having success. Coaching is a huge reason for QB's success. If we have a shit coach, Alex Smith goes back to shit.
Back to top Go down
http://arrowheaddrive.com
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: 2013 mock draft   2013 mock draft - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 5:51 pm

RustShack wrote:
Alex Smith is garbage. He only looked good because he had a coach that does that. Same reason his backup is having success. Coaching is a huge reason for QB's success. If we have a shit coach, Alex Smith goes back to shit.

I'm no big Smith fan but he is a better option than anything we have right now and a better option than any QB in the 13 draft. We will have a new HC next year anyway. The 14 draft should be very loaded at the QB position. My point was that you should never draft for a position out of desperation. If nobody is there go for a player at another position with more potential. I would never want to draft a player at #1 who you are hoping can be average. Unless you are wanting to be one of those teams that gets to draft top 10 year after year.
Back to top Go down
KCJay
Pro
Pro
KCJay

PostSubject: Re: 2013 mock draft   2013 mock draft - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 6:07 pm

Alex Smith is basically what Brady Quinn brought to the table today...

If we are going to sign a QB, go get a playmaker, not another Quinn...

If we are going to wait until 2014 to draft a QB, keep Quinn and sign a back up..
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: 2013 mock draft   2013 mock draft - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 7:05 pm

KCJay wrote:
Alex Smith is basically what Brady Quinn brought to the table today...

If we are going to sign a QB, go get a playmaker, not another Quinn...

If we are going to wait until 2014 to draft a QB, keep Quinn and sign a back up..

I'm okay with that too at this point. Geno Smith is not going to make us SB contenders next year. Take BPA whererver you pick. If you can tradedown and get more picks in the 13 and 14 drafts do it. I'm not even saying it has to be Teo. Take a stud pass rusher. Take a CB. Just dont waste a 1 on this QB class. If Wilson falls to 2nd then take the QB in 2. Fill holes with great potential and when you do get a chance on a stud QB to draft in 14 he will be set up to succeed with talent all around him. I am admittedly biased being an FSU fan but I do think Manuel could be good i the NFL. You can take a chance on him in 3 or 4.
Back to top Go down
SylvesterMalone1978
All-Pro
All-Pro
SylvesterMalone1978

PostSubject: Re: 2013 mock draft   2013 mock draft - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 9:44 pm

I'd rather have Quinn than Smith. Find a way to acquire Geno Smith or Tyler Wilson without drafting them #1 and start Quinn another year... Especially if Geno is the guy!
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: 2013 mock draft   2013 mock draft - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 11:34 pm

So fucking stupid we didn't just suck for Luck.
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: 2013 mock draft   2013 mock draft - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 9:05 pm

RustShack wrote:

This is true but I think it would be just as stupid to panic and draft one #1 out of desperation this year too.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

PostSubject: Re: 2013 mock draft   2013 mock draft - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 12:49 am

Chiefs09 wrote:
RustShack wrote:

This is true but I think it would be just as stupid to panic and draft one #1 out of desperation this year too.

Drafting QBs out of need is becoming a trend in the NFL. Ponder 2 years ago..Tannehill last year.

Personally I dont think we have the #1 pick. Probably 3 or 4. This is very ideal for us to land Tyler Wilson. He's really going to impress leading up to the combine and draft. Im fine with letting Geno pass. He'll probably go to Jacksonville. Good luck to him there. Wilson is more NFL ready and will have more of an impact for us early imo. Geno is a real gamble.
Back to top Go down
SylvesterMalone1978
All-Pro
All-Pro
SylvesterMalone1978

PostSubject: Re: 2013 mock draft   2013 mock draft - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 4:16 pm

We should fall to three on purpose. Oakland and Jacksonville can't hit on a QB, so we take the good one left!
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: 2013 mock draft   2013 mock draft - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 9:05 pm

Its tough... Smith or Wilson. I think Smith has more upside, but he also has a lower floor. You HAVE to have the right coaching staff in place for him.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: 2013 mock draft   2013 mock draft - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 1:12 am

Mel Kiper on Geno Smith, Mike Glennon and other 2013 NFL Draft QBs

By Joel Thorman on Dec 11, 1:28p 464

The ESPN Draft guru talks QBs.

It's about that time of year. ESPN's NFL Draft guru Mel Kiper talked with reporters about the 2013 NFL Draft and had some intriguing things to say, especially about the quarterbacks.

Here's what people are saying about the conference call...

The quarterbacks

Kiper believes #WVU QB Geno Smith will be battling to be the second quarterback off the board in the NFL draft.
— Jenn Menendez (@JennMenendez) December 11, 2012

On conference call with reporters, Mel Kiper just said NC State's Mike Glennon could be top quarterback drafted, possible top-15 pick
— Dave Matter (@Dave_Matter) December 11, 2012

ESPN's Mel Kiper says he sees Tennessee QB Tyler Bray in a 2nd- or 3rd-round range if he leaves. added that Vols OL is filled with 'studs.'
— Patrick Brown (@patrickbrownTFP) December 11, 2012

Kiper on Tyler Bray: "I'd like to see him go back to Tennessee for another year." Throws too many bad INTs. Probably 3rd Rd if he comes out

Kiper: VT's Logan Thomas is most talented QB in this draft.

Just asked Mel Kiper about #UGA QB Aaron Murray: "I would go back for another year. In big games he's struggled. 2nd/3rd rd pick"
— Zach Klein (@ZachKleinWSB) December 11, 2012

ESPN draft, hair guru Mel Kiper Jr. said Vols QB Tyler Bray could be top-5 overall pick if he returns for senior season.
— Wes Rucker (@wesrucker247) December 11, 2012

Other top pick talk:

Kiper: Texas A&M left tackle Luke Joeckel is good enough to be the No. 1 overall pick

Kiper on Manti Te'o: MLBs normally go no higher than 7-12 but draft isn't top heavy, could go between 3-5

Kiper: Defensive tackle strongest position in 2013 draft

Kiper on Jadeveon Clowney (not eligible until 2014): "If he were in this draft, he'd be guaranteed to be the number one pick."
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: 2013 mock draft   2013 mock draft - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 1:14 am

Kiper doesn't think Smith will go in the top 15. OT, DT, and OLB seem to be the top picks. Kiper is going to look like a douche if Smith vaults up the board at draft time. I don't get why the hell he is down on him. I think he is full of shit.

Last edited by BigRatt on Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: 2013 mock draft   2013 mock draft - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 1:16 am

RustShack wrote:
Its tough... Smith or Wilson. I think Smith has more upside, but he also has a lower floor. You HAVE to have the right coaching staff in place for him.

According to Kiper, you will be able to get Wilson at the top of the 2nd. I think he is full of shit. I think these QBs will go higher than he believes.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: 2013 mock draft   2013 mock draft - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 1:57 am

Draft Tao and trade up a little for Wilson/Smith.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: 2013 mock draft   2013 mock draft - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 2:25 am

Draft value isn't really what it used to be though. The #1 pick gets paid like a late first round pick did a few years ago. Just take Geno #1. His position gives him more value anyways, and we don't really need what this draft is "top heavy" in.
Back to top Go down
Canada Chiefs
n00b cake
n00b cake

PostSubject: Re: 2013 mock draft   2013 mock draft - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 1:29 pm

I realize this will sound like an overreaction to 1 quarter of play but i wouldn't mind seeing a trade for Kirk Cousins then drafting the best quarterback available in the 2nd round and letting them fight it out for the starting job.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: 2013 mock draft   2013 mock draft - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 4:51 pm

Todd McShay's mock draft has the Chiefs selecting another DT with the top pick

By Joel Thorman on Dec 12, 12:43p 307

Someone please provide security for the Chiefs GM from their own fans if this is the case. ESPN's Todd McShay has a new 2013 NFL mock draft out and has the Kansas City Chiefs selecting a ....

....wait for it....wait for it...

A defensive lineman!

Star Lotulelei, defensive tackle out of Utah.

McShay points out the obvious stuff -- that the Chiefs would love to have a quarterback here but there isn't one worth picking -- and then writes:

Kansas City already has spent first-round picks on the likes of Tyson Jackson and Dontari Poe, but needs a defensive tackle who can hold ground while also providing more pass-rush ability. Lotulelei will never be an elite pass-rusher, but he is strong against the run and has the quickness and power to collapse the pocket. He could become a mainstay in the middle and be good for five to seven sacks per year.

McShay also said he thinks the Chiefs should go with Geno Smith over Matt Barkley if that's the direction they decide to go.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: 2013 mock draft   2013 mock draft - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 4:53 pm

Are you fucking kidding me McShay? How does he have a job? Lotulelei is not even a DE. Does he think the Chiefs should move Poe to DE? The only reason to take another D lineman in this draft is if there is one with freak pass rushing ability like JJ Watt. As far as I can tell, I don't see one like that in this class.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2013 mock draft   2013 mock draft - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

2013 mock draft
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next