ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Latest images  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
Geno Smith
2012 NFL Draft and Pro Days - Page 11 Bar_left45%2012 NFL Draft and Pro Days - Page 11 Bar_right
 45% [ 15 ]
Luke Joekel
2012 NFL Draft and Pro Days - Page 11 Bar_left12%2012 NFL Draft and Pro Days - Page 11 Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Domontre Moore
2012 NFL Draft and Pro Days - Page 11 Bar_left3%2012 NFL Draft and Pro Days - Page 11 Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Jarvis Jones
2012 NFL Draft and Pro Days - Page 11 Bar_left9%2012 NFL Draft and Pro Days - Page 11 Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Manti Te'o
2012 NFL Draft and Pro Days - Page 11 Bar_left3%2012 NFL Draft and Pro Days - Page 11 Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Star Lotulelei
2012 NFL Draft and Pro Days - Page 11 Bar_left6%2012 NFL Draft and Pro Days - Page 11 Bar_right
 6% [ 2 ]
Tyler Wilson
2012 NFL Draft and Pro Days - Page 11 Bar_left12%2012 NFL Draft and Pro Days - Page 11 Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Other
2012 NFL Draft and Pro Days - Page 11 Bar_left9%2012 NFL Draft and Pro Days - Page 11 Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 33
Latest topics
» Bones Stagione 7 Ita
2012 NFL Draft and Pro Days - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 2:04 pm by 

» Paragon Partition Manager 12 10.1.19.15721 Personal
2012 NFL Draft and Pro Days - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:20 pm by 

2012 NFL Draft and Pro Days - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

2012 NFL Draft and Pro Days - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

2012 NFL Draft and Pro Days - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:18 pm by 

Advertisement

2012 NFL Draft and Pro Days

Go down 
+6
Touchdown Bowe
Chiefs09
FatThucker
chiefbravebull
RustShack
BigRatt
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

2012 NFL Draft and Pro Days - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: 2012 NFL Draft and Pro Days   2012 NFL Draft and Pro Days - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 9:38 pm

First topic message reminder :

Latest Updates On The Chiefs 2012 NFL Draft Interests

by Chris Thorman on Mar 19, 2012 6:18 PM CDT in NFL Draft 2012

Amidst the rather busy 2012 NFL free agency talk, we have for you the second update to the Kansas City Chiefs draft interests chart of the year.

We've added two players since our last update two weeks ago - Cal DT Vaughn Meatoga and Wisconsin G Kevin Zeitler. The Chiefs checked out both players at their respective college's Pro Days. Chiefs defensive line coach Anthony Pleasant had dinner with Meatoga in California earlier this month and a rep for the Chiefs helped run Zeitler's workout in Wisconsin. The Chiefs are also reportedly working out Western Michigan WR Jordan White recently as well.

Here's the list of Pro Days the Chiefs have reportedly been in attendance at: Wisconsin, Cal, Colorado, Colorado St. Cincinnati, Louisville, Rhode Island, Illinois and Hawaii.

Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
KCJay
Pro
Pro
KCJay

PostSubject: Re: 2012 NFL Draft and Pro Days   2012 NFL Draft and Pro Days - Page 11 EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 6:07 pm

Jerome Long is a great 3-4 DE..Little under weight (285lbs.), but that can be fixed..

This team is gonna be hard to run the ball on..
Back to top Go down
SylvesterMalone1978
All-Pro
All-Pro
SylvesterMalone1978

PostSubject: Re: 2012 NFL Draft and Pro Days   2012 NFL Draft and Pro Days - Page 11 EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 7:18 pm

Our last pick might have been a steal. He made Robinson look better than he was at passing, and you aren't going to out up big numbers at WR in that offense with Robinson running it.
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: 2012 NFL Draft and Pro Days   2012 NFL Draft and Pro Days - Page 11 EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 7:25 pm

KCJay wrote:
My bad, I thought it was Peterson that dealt him, but it was well known Gonzo wanted to go to a contending team..

I never said any of those guys were HOF material or great..I just stated that they were good picks and starters on this current football team..

Poe may very well make Dorsey and Jackson value where they were picked...I just don't understand your bitterness thrown at Pioli..IMO, he has done a superb job since landing here..

What has he done superb outside of Berry? Cassel is a bumb he made his franchise QB. He drafted Jackson who is a bust based on where he was picked no question. Mccluster is the most overrated player by all KC fans. He is just a fan fav nothing special. Baldwin is a headcase that could be great or bust. Decastro should have been as much a no brainer as Berry was. Or at least trade back and take whatever Philly was offering for 11 because there is no chance anyone else takes Poe before that pick. Fact is Poe was 2nd team in a non BCS conference. no business taking him at 11. especially with Taamu falling to the 4th. And the rest of the draft is crazy too. taking players in 2 and 3 you could have got in 4 and 5. Carls problem wasnt his drafting. It was his choices for HC. he put together multiple teams that should have won it all with any decent coaching. most under shottenheimer. Now I agree it was time for him to go when we got rid of him. but what people dont get is Pioli is living off what Bellichek did in NE. He has done nothing here yet. NE is still winning without Pioli and KC is not with him.
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: 2012 NFL Draft and Pro Days   2012 NFL Draft and Pro Days - Page 11 EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 7:31 pm

SylvesterMalone1978 wrote:
Pioli has done a great job with the Chiefs. I think people forget that he inherited a disaster of a team. Not even the best GM and best coach in history could have made that into a Super Bowl team in just a few years.
A great job would have been drafting Raji and Decastro instead of Jackson and Poe. when 1 player in a draft class is left on your roster 3 years after the draft that is sad.
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: 2012 NFL Draft and Pro Days   2012 NFL Draft and Pro Days - Page 11 EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 7:36 pm

It is strange that our third pick sounds better than the second. But then again Mims sounds great too and we got him undrafted last year.

But not knowing who they are doesn't mean they won't pan out. Pioli took a college wrestler and turned him into a nice guard for the Pats.

People like Pioli and his scouting staff have a little better idea of what they are getting and how they fit than Mel, Todd, or any of us.

they didnt have a good idea when they drafte Jackson over Raji and now Poe over Decastro. Maybe when half the country mocks you taking some one they are right. (Raji) And after Poe is long gone and Decastro is going to his 8th pro bowl in 10 years you remember how great a job Pioli did for us. The fact that Pioli wont admit Cassel is a bumb and not a hall of famer should be enough for ppl to realize he is an idiot but I guess not. I'm still going to 2 games this year I just hope I get to see Cassel get blasted and knocked out for the season.
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: 2012 NFL Draft and Pro Days   2012 NFL Draft and Pro Days - Page 11 EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 7:37 pm

Cuz if that happens KC will be a better team. Poe would be better behind center than Cassel.
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: 2012 NFL Draft and Pro Days   2012 NFL Draft and Pro Days - Page 11 EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 7:41 pm

Every1 on here agreed decastro would be a great pick. over 70% of the country agreed in their mocks. now I doubt Pioli is smarter than 70% of the sports countries combined knowledge. No I am not smarter than Pioli, but Pioli is not smarter than everyone else combined.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: 2012 NFL Draft and Pro Days   2012 NFL Draft and Pro Days - Page 11 EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 8:31 pm

Chiefs09 wrote:
It is strange that our third pick sounds better than the second. But then again Mims sounds great too and we got him undrafted last year.

But not knowing who they are doesn't mean they won't pan out. Pioli took a college wrestler and turned him into a nice guard for the Pats.

People like Pioli and his scouting staff have a little better idea of what they are getting and how they fit than Mel, Todd, or any of us.

they didnt have a good idea when they drafte Jackson over Raji and now Poe over Decastro. Maybe when half the country mocks you taking some one they are right. (Raji) And after Poe is long gone and Decastro is going to his 8th pro bowl in 10 years you remember how great a job Pioli did for us. The fact that Pioli wont admit Cassel is a bumb and not a hall of famer should be enough for ppl to realize he is an idiot but I guess not. I'm still going to 2 games this year I just hope I get to see Cassel get blasted and knocked out for the season.

Me to because I want to see what Quinn can do. The only QB I wanted in the later rounds was Russell Wilson. He is sharp! If he overcomes his height, Wilson will be good one.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: 2012 NFL Draft and Pro Days   2012 NFL Draft and Pro Days - Page 11 EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 8:37 pm

Chiefs add depth in RB Cyrus Gray
April, 28, 2012

By Bill Williamson | ESPN.com

The Kansas City Chiefs continue to add depth on offense.

A month after signing running back Peyton Hillis to a one-year deal to work with Jamaal Charles, who is coming off a torn ACL, the Chiefs added solid value at the position late in the draft.

In the sixth round, Kansas City drafted Texas A&M running back Cyrus Gray. The Chiefs had been closely watching Gray.

Gray may not be ready to make an impact in the NFL, but there is a lot to like about him. He has game-breaking speed and he seems to understand the game. I think he can become a very good player and he is an excellent value.

I’m telling you, folks, this is becoming one of the deepest offenses in the NFL. The Chiefs have a lot of talent at every layer of the unit and Gray fits right in.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: 2012 NFL Draft and Pro Days   2012 NFL Draft and Pro Days - Page 11 EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 8:40 pm

Chiefs get Alabama DB DeQuan Menzie and Devon Wylie
April, 28, 2012

By Bill Williamson | ESPN.com

The Kansas City Chiefs were interested in Alabama safety Mark Barron, who went four picks before they made their choice in the first round.

In the end, though, the Chiefs may have still gotten a safety from Alabama. The Chiefs took DeQuan Menzie in the fifth round.

He played cornerback at Alabama and did a nice job. But he doesn’t have great speed and may project to safety. He is a smart player who knows how to make plays. I think this could be a player to watch develop in the next couple of years and it is another SEC pickup by Kansas City general manager Scott Pioli, who craves players from that conference.

Chiefs’ fourth-round pick, Fresno State receiver Devon Wylie, has often drawn comparisons to New England’s Wes Welker. The man who picked Wylie, Scott Pioli, of course, was in New England with Welker.
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: 2012 NFL Draft and Pro Days   2012 NFL Draft and Pro Days - Page 11 EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 8:44 pm

BigRatt wrote:
Chiefs09 wrote:

Me to because I want to see what Quinn can do. The only QB I wanted in the later rounds was Russell Wilson. He is sharp! If he overcomes his height, Wilson will be good one.

Since they were going after project players they should have taken taamu too. good chance one of the NT's would have made it.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: 2012 NFL Draft and Pro Days   2012 NFL Draft and Pro Days - Page 11 EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 8:47 pm

KC Chiefs Draft SDSU DT Jerome Long

Ct_fb_tiny by Chris Thorman on Apr 28, 2012 4:56 PM CDT in NFL Draft 2012

With their first pick in the seventh round, the Kansas City Chiefs have drafted SDSU DT Jerome Long. The senior stands at 6'4" and weighs 290 pounds.

U-T San Diego has a really good article on Long:

"I've been told his NFL stock has gone up dramatically because of the way he's played this year," SDSU head coach Rocky Long said.

It's sort of the story of his life: His stock keeps going up, in large part because of how he developed.

Defensive tackle is another position where it pays to have players coming in because they churn in and out. Long appears to a pick for depth in this situation.

The Chiefs have one more pick - No. 238.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: 2012 NFL Draft and Pro Days   2012 NFL Draft and Pro Days - Page 11 EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 8:49 pm

Chiefs09 wrote:
BigRatt wrote:
Chiefs09 wrote:

Since they were going after project players they should have taken taamu too. good chance one of the NT's would have made it.

I really didn't like Ta'Amu because Decastro absolutely destroyed him.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: 2012 NFL Draft and Pro Days   2012 NFL Draft and Pro Days - Page 11 EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 8:51 pm

Chiefs Draft Picks 2012: RB Cyrus Gray Picked By Kansas City In Sixth Round

Ct_fb_tiny by Chris Thorman on Apr 28, 2012 3:22 PM CDT in NFL Draft 2012

The Kansas City Chiefs have made Texas A&M RB Cyrus Gray their sixth pick of the 2012 NFL Draft. The 5'10", 200 pound senior met with the Chiefs prior to the draft. He was projected as a third to fourth round pick then so I'm somewhat surprised to still see him available based solely on that.

Just yesterday, Joel speculated that the Chiefs could pick up Cyrus Gray. Gray joins a fantastic Chiefs running back corp. I don't expect Gray to see a lot of action outside of special teams.

More to come on the Chiefs' sixth round pick soon.

The Chiefs have two picks left - No. 218 and No. 238
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: 2012 NFL Draft and Pro Days   2012 NFL Draft and Pro Days - Page 11 EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 8:52 pm

KC Chiefs Draft Michigan WR Junior Hemingway

Ct_fb_tiny by Chris Thorman on Apr 28, 2012 5:50 PM CDT in NFL Draft 2012

This is a great picture.

The Kansas City Chiefs have picked their second wide receiver of the 2012 NFL Draft. Michigan WR Junior Hemingway was the selection at No. 238 for the Chiefs. The Chiefs interviewed Hemingway at the 2012 NFL Combine.

Here are Hemingway's Combine stats: 4.53 (40-yd dash), 35.5" (vertical), 21 (bench), 6.59 (3-cone) 3.98 (20-yd shuttle), 11.16 (60-yd shuttle), 124.0" (broad jump).

Our Michigan blog Maize 'N Brew had this to say about Hemingway at the Combine:

Hemingway's trip ultimately hinged on his 40-time, so his best run of 4.53 seconds has to be viewed as a significant step in the right direction. Heck, some scouts weren't even convinced he would be able to break 4.60 (despite saying he would all along). Hemingway's supporting numbers, for a guy projected as a late round pick, were also quite a pleasant surprise. Only two players had more bench press reps at the receiver position, and not a single wideout in the class had a better three-cone or 20-yard shuttle time. The once-dubious task of proving that he is indeed an NFL-level athlete at receiver? Check.

We'll see how NFL ready Hemingway is. Wide receivers drafted in the seventh round are rarely more than camp bodies or special team only prospects.

That completes the 2012 NFL Draft for the Chiefs. Junior Hemingway approval poll is coming up soon. We'll have a recap post after that as well.

For now, thoughts on the Chiefs' final pick?
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: 2012 NFL Draft and Pro Days   2012 NFL Draft and Pro Days - Page 11 EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 9:12 pm

Chiefs09 wrote:
BigRatt wrote:
Chiefs09 wrote:

The only pick I absolutely don't like is the Jeff Allen pick. He's a good pass blocker but is not very good in the run game. I would have much better had someone else who could help now. Poe is the best NT in the Draft. If Crennel can tap his potential, we will be happy about the pick. I just have to trust Crennel's judgement. The Poe pick is starting to grow on me! I'm starting to agree that it's a chance they had to take with his numbers. It's been a long time since anyone has had those kind of numbers.
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: 2012 NFL Draft and Pro Days   2012 NFL Draft and Pro Days - Page 11 EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 10:32 pm

I guess you mean combine numbers. he had no game numbers. just seems more often than not combine warriors dont work out. hope it does this time. then next year all we need is a SB caliber QB. I hope we can still find another vet G to backup Lilga this year. I dont despise Poe like I do Cassel and Jackson I just dont like where he was picked knowing we could gave gotten more picks and still had him a few spots down.
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: 2012 NFL Draft and Pro Days   2012 NFL Draft and Pro Days - Page 11 EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 10:40 pm

If there was a one percent in the NFL it would be these teams: Giants, Patriots, Packers, Steelers and Ravens. They stay at the top (mostly) because at times like this weekend, they make the smartest choices, and those choices have a positive impact for years.

The draft comes down to there being a handful of choices. Make most of them wisely, you can infuse your organization with talent for some time. The elite can stay elite despite drafting at the bottom and the downtrodden can remake their entire image. At least, in theory, for the bottom feeders, that's how it's supposed to work.

The reason teams like Washington, Cleveland, Kansas City, Dallas and others have stayed losers (for the most part) for so long can almost entirely be traced to the draft. The Redskins, as an example, didn't need another quarterback (despite cutting John Beck). What if they used that pick to get a stud receiver? Washington has also invited a quarterback controversy should RG3 struggle, which is almost certain to happen.

This from an article on cbssports
Back to top Go down
SylvesterMalone1978
All-Pro
All-Pro
SylvesterMalone1978

PostSubject: Re: 2012 NFL Draft and Pro Days   2012 NFL Draft and Pro Days - Page 11 EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 11:36 pm

Didn't Jackson have a better year than Raji last year. Didn't several other teams also pass on DeCastro?
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: 2012 NFL Draft and Pro Days   2012 NFL Draft and Pro Days - Page 11 EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 12:02 am

Didn't Jackson have a better year than Raji last year. Didn't several other teams also pass on DeCastro?

That they did. You have any idea how Decastro is going to be next to Pouncey? I would hate to be any NT or 3 Tech going against the Steelers. The Steelers know how important a good O Line is by the way. Decastro couldn't have asked for a better place to get drafted.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: 2012 NFL Draft and Pro Days   2012 NFL Draft and Pro Days - Page 11 EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 11:10 am

Mel Kiper's NFL Draft Grade For Chiefs
by Joel Thorman on Apr 29, 2012 8:50 AM CDT in NFL Draft 2012

Mel Kiper has spent the last three months on ESPN hyping the 2012 NFL Draft prospects up and now that they've all found homes, Kiper has graded how every team did. The Chiefs, according to Kiper, received a C+.

Dontari Poe is one of the mysteries of the draft. He has the measurables ofHaloti Ngata, but when you roll the tape you think he's a player who could still be around in Round 3. Why does he go No. 11? He's the rarest of players, a possible solution as a 3-4 nose tackle. You can't rave about the value, but the pick made sense, and this was a top need.

I have a feeling we'll be talking about Poe just a few more times before the season, right?

I like the pick of Jeff Allen, a tackle from Illinois who should move inside to guard. Two picks, two needs down. After that it was a bit more scattershot, as you'd expect. I think Donald Stephenson has the upside of a starter at tackle, which is pretty good. Devon Wylie is a burner and will return kicks, where he's dangerous. Would have liked to see a value shot at either linebacker or safety.

My favorite picks in the draft are probably Allen and Stephenson. Allen is a future starter at guard, depending on what happens with Ryan Lilja. Stephenson can play the all-important swing tackle position. Wylie can play a couple of positions.

More draft analysis will be coming. I've settled on my final grade for the Chiefs and will be unveiling it soon (as you all wait in anticipation, right?).

Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: 2012 NFL Draft and Pro Days   2012 NFL Draft and Pro Days - Page 11 EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 1:28 pm

lots of teams past on Will shields lots past on Tom Brady. that only means all those teams were wrong. what makes this worse is that it could have made us the best oline in the league for years to come. instead we took a project at 11 with a stud already there at a position of need.
Back to top Go down
SylvesterMalone1978
All-Pro
All-Pro
SylvesterMalone1978

PostSubject: Re: 2012 NFL Draft and Pro Days   2012 NFL Draft and Pro Days - Page 11 EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 10:00 pm

Lol those are completely different. It wasn't known they will be great like you say it is for DeCastro. You know he's a HOF guard but at least 23 other GM's don't?
Back to top Go down
SylvesterMalone1978
All-Pro
All-Pro
SylvesterMalone1978

PostSubject: Re: 2012 NFL Draft and Pro Days   2012 NFL Draft and Pro Days - Page 11 EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 10:01 pm

Also Allen is supposed to be the next Will Shields I've heard.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: 2012 NFL Draft and Pro Days   2012 NFL Draft and Pro Days - Page 11 EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 11:34 pm

Also Allen is supposed to be the next Will Shields I've heard.

Look up his scouting report and you will be find hes great in pass pro and terrible in run blocking at this point. Not to mention he's severely out of shape.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2012 NFL Draft and Pro Days   2012 NFL Draft and Pro Days - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

2012 NFL Draft and Pro Days
Page 11 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next