ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Latest images  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
Geno Smith
Chiefs Want To Trade Down Bar_left45%Chiefs Want To Trade Down Bar_right
 45% [ 15 ]
Luke Joekel
Chiefs Want To Trade Down Bar_left12%Chiefs Want To Trade Down Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Domontre Moore
Chiefs Want To Trade Down Bar_left3%Chiefs Want To Trade Down Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Jarvis Jones
Chiefs Want To Trade Down Bar_left9%Chiefs Want To Trade Down Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Manti Te'o
Chiefs Want To Trade Down Bar_left3%Chiefs Want To Trade Down Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Star Lotulelei
Chiefs Want To Trade Down Bar_left6%Chiefs Want To Trade Down Bar_right
 6% [ 2 ]
Tyler Wilson
Chiefs Want To Trade Down Bar_left12%Chiefs Want To Trade Down Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Other
Chiefs Want To Trade Down Bar_left9%Chiefs Want To Trade Down Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 33
Latest topics
» Bones Stagione 7 Ita
Chiefs Want To Trade Down EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 2:04 pm by 

» Paragon Partition Manager 12 10.1.19.15721 Personal
Chiefs Want To Trade Down EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:20 pm by 

Chiefs Want To Trade Down EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

Chiefs Want To Trade Down EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

Chiefs Want To Trade Down EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:18 pm by 

Advertisement

Chiefs Want To Trade Down

Go down 
+8
kcchiefs
chiefbravebull
Touchdown Bowe
SoCal_Ed
Chiefs09
noturnormalhero
ccardwell67
RustShack
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

Chiefs Want To Trade Down Empty
PostSubject: Chiefs Want To Trade Down   Chiefs Want To Trade Down EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 2:43 pm

Chiefs Are 'Badly' Trying To Trade Down To Middle Of First*Round
by Joel Thorman

Last year about this time, Michael Lombardi of the National Football Post first reported that the Chiefs were "in love" with LSU DE Tyson Jackson. A few days later and Jackson was the Chiefs pick in the draft.

Now Lombardi reports that the Chiefs are trying like hell to move down in the draft.

"The Chiefs are trying, and I mean really trying, to move down," Lombardi reports. "My sources tell me they'll be willing to go down as far as 15 for the right deal because they feel they can find a player in that range."

It's a fine line between trading down and trading down too far. According to Lombardi, our theory of the Eagles offering up the 24th and 37th picks for the Chiefs fifth pick doesn't look like it's happening. By staying around 15, they can still have a shot at a game changer -- Alabama LB Rolando McClain and Texas S Earl Thomas come to mind here -- as well as picking up extra selections.

That said, who's the Chiefs trading partner? SB Nation's Mocking The Draft takes an excellent look at this situation and comes to the conclusion that San Francisco might be the only team in that area that has a chance of moving up.

Lombardi reports the Chiefs are hoping someone wants to get in line to pick Notre Dame QB Jimmy Clausen.
Back to top Go down
http://arrowheaddrive.com
ccardwell67
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
ccardwell67

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs Want To Trade Down   Chiefs Want To Trade Down EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 3:14 pm

if we dont go the clausen route and trade down to the niners pick. I want either cody or taylor mays. preferably taylor mays
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs Want To Trade Down   Chiefs Want To Trade Down EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 3:16 pm

It would probably be Cody if we trade down. Unless McClain is still there, but I don't see him slipping past Denver or Miami.
Back to top Go down
noturnormalhero
Amateur
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs Want To Trade Down   Chiefs Want To Trade Down EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 6:11 pm

Who would be willing to trade with us? All i could guess is either the Browns to move up to # 5 and i also have read the Eagles wanted to move into the top 10. 49ers a possibility but the forums i've seen, fans say organization is fine with their 1st round selections. Then again, who knows..
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs Want To Trade Down   Chiefs Want To Trade Down EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 8:00 pm

I hope they find a trade partner soon. I'm afraid that Pioli will fuck up his second top 5 pick in a row with either Bulaga or Williams.
Back to top Go down
SoCal_Ed
Amateur
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs Want To Trade Down   Chiefs Want To Trade Down EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 11:04 pm

Sooooo no Berry once again we pass on one of the best players in the draft.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs Want To Trade Down   Chiefs Want To Trade Down EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 11:09 pm

Jackson was the best player for our system.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs Want To Trade Down   Chiefs Want To Trade Down EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 11:43 pm

If we get the 49rs 2 1st rounders..Its gotta be McClain, Mays, or Cody..2 of the 3
Back to top Go down
noturnormalhero
Amateur
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs Want To Trade Down   Chiefs Want To Trade Down EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 5:26 am

cant see the 49ers trading both of their 1st picks with us. I can't even see them moving up. I guess anything is possible though...
Back to top Go down
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro
chiefbravebull

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs Want To Trade Down   Chiefs Want To Trade Down EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 8:54 am

I think Pioli will find a way to move down in the first round on Thursday and get an extra pick in the second with it.
Back to top Go down
ccardwell67
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
ccardwell67

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs Want To Trade Down   Chiefs Want To Trade Down EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 5:21 pm

if we traded with the niners for those two picks i would be ecstatic. cody and mays in the first man our defense would be scary next year
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs Want To Trade Down   Chiefs Want To Trade Down EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 5:34 pm

Still though..We'd be better off staying at the 5 spot and taking Clausen, or Berry..possibly McClain
Back to top Go down
SoCal_Ed
Amateur
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs Want To Trade Down   Chiefs Want To Trade Down EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 6:18 pm

NO way we get 2 first round picks for our 5 maybe a swap of firsts (inside the top 10) and a 2nd rd.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs Want To Trade Down   Chiefs Want To Trade Down EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 6:19 pm

If we could get the 2 49rs 1st rounders..I'd do it..but they wont give up both picks
Back to top Go down
kcchiefs
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
kcchiefs

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs Want To Trade Down   Chiefs Want To Trade Down EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 9:37 pm

They will if they want to move up to number 5.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs Want To Trade Down   Chiefs Want To Trade Down EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 9:42 pm

It takes a lot to move up that far.
Back to top Go down
kcchiefs
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
kcchiefs

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs Want To Trade Down   Chiefs Want To Trade Down EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 10:33 pm

If we can get 2 first round picks in a draft like this.. I would LOVE to trade down.
Back to top Go down
dustinchiefs27
n00b cake
n00b cake

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs Want To Trade Down   Chiefs Want To Trade Down EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 4:06 am

K for one there is no way were getting 2 first round picks people gotta get that out of there head its not that easy to trade out of a top 5 pick or we would have done it last year and it would happen more often teams rarly trade out of the top 5 because you have to give up to much and noone wants to pay a player that kind of money a top 5 pick gets and for 2 if we took mays or cody in the first round the whole orginization should be fired they will both be there in the 2nd round mays is no good is stock is falling by the minute and he cant cover in a league thats turning into a passing league our number one problem last year was getting beat down the middle of the field cause our saftys cant cover well adding mays wont help that problem just making it worse there even talkin about turnin mays into a weak side linebacker thats why i would love to see us draft berry hes unreal at covering he can even play corner thats wat he use to play before he switched to safty berrys a versatile playmaker with unreal ball skills i think he would be a great pick that would improve our defence from day 1 according to rotoworld.com Redskins beat reporter Rick Maese believes that Oklahoma LT Trent Williams is the team's "likely pick" at No. 4 overall in the draft which would leave us okung i would be happy with that to and i would love to snag cody with our first pick in the second round he would improve our run defence right away and would help out dorsey and jackson because he would be drawin double teams i really like the direction this teams heading in and im exited for a big year next year i see us bein greatly improved
Back to top Go down
SoCal_Ed
Amateur
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs Want To Trade Down   Chiefs Want To Trade Down EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 4:19 am

Mays won't be there in the 2nd sounds like classic USC haterism right there.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs Want To Trade Down   Chiefs Want To Trade Down EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 8:45 am

Both their first round picks are higher than I realized. It would would just take a first and second round pick for them to move up if they wanted.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs Want To Trade Down   Chiefs Want To Trade Down EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 8:50 am

And also I would pass on Okung for the same reasons as the Redskins. He doesn't fit our blocking scheme and RT's aren't worth high draft picks. Plus Albert is good, young, and only getting better.
Back to top Go down
SylvesterMalone1978
All-Pro
All-Pro
SylvesterMalone1978

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs Want To Trade Down   Chiefs Want To Trade Down EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 1:03 pm

taking okung makes no sense since we have albert and especially since we run the same blocking scheme as washington. i say if we arent taking berry trade down with the eagles so they can. then draft spoon and another first round talent with the 2nd round pick they give us too! win win. we need more talent and we get two first round talents. besides, okung is bad compared to most LTs who come out and its a deep safety class
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs Want To Trade Down   Chiefs Want To Trade Down EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 6:53 pm

NFL Network said that after the season was over with, more scouts liked Trent Williams than Russell Okung after watching gametape ONLY..then once everything else came along, Okungs stock rose ahead of Williams
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs Want To Trade Down   Chiefs Want To Trade Down EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 10:10 pm

Albert fits our blocking scheme at LT better than Okung. Trent Williams and Bruce Campbell also fit our blocking scheme better than Okung does at LT. You say the Redskins are going to pass on Okung because Williams will fit their blocking scheme better. Do you not realize they will be running the same zone blocking scheme we will run? Meaning Okung doesn't fit our blocking scheme either. Okung is the product of a bad LT draft year, hes not the great LT hes being made out to be. Drafting him would be an epic fail for the Chiefs. There is way to much talent in this draft to waste on one of the weakest positions in the draft because our second year first round LT had his sophomore slump. I really doubt the Broncos are thinking about drafting a new LT because Clady had a sophomore slump too. Albert improved far too much throughout the year for anyone whos watched the Chiefs to even think of drafting a LT.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs Want To Trade Down   Chiefs Want To Trade Down EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 10:12 pm

And besides that fact, we can have a HOF OL like we used to have and Cassel will still get sacked 40 times. So why go that route? We went that route once and it didn't win us even a playoff game, why try it again? Pioli wants to build a great 3-4 defense, thats his first priority. He has seen first hand what having a great QB does for you, and he didn't have a first round LT in front of that QB, because great QB's don't need great lines. They can get buy with a good one. You don't even need one first round pick to have a good OL.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs Want To Trade Down   Chiefs Want To Trade Down Empty

Back to top Go down

Chiefs Want To Trade Down
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next