ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Latest images  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
Geno Smith
Chiefs Trade for Manning? Bar_left45%Chiefs Trade for Manning? Bar_right
 45% [ 15 ]
Luke Joekel
Chiefs Trade for Manning? Bar_left12%Chiefs Trade for Manning? Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Domontre Moore
Chiefs Trade for Manning? Bar_left3%Chiefs Trade for Manning? Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Jarvis Jones
Chiefs Trade for Manning? Bar_left9%Chiefs Trade for Manning? Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Manti Te'o
Chiefs Trade for Manning? Bar_left3%Chiefs Trade for Manning? Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Star Lotulelei
Chiefs Trade for Manning? Bar_left6%Chiefs Trade for Manning? Bar_right
 6% [ 2 ]
Tyler Wilson
Chiefs Trade for Manning? Bar_left12%Chiefs Trade for Manning? Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Other
Chiefs Trade for Manning? Bar_left9%Chiefs Trade for Manning? Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 33
Latest topics
» Bones Stagione 7 Ita
Chiefs Trade for Manning? EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 2:04 pm by 

» Paragon Partition Manager 12 10.1.19.15721 Personal
Chiefs Trade for Manning? EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:20 pm by 

Chiefs Trade for Manning? EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

Chiefs Trade for Manning? EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

Chiefs Trade for Manning? EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:18 pm by 

Advertisement

Chiefs Trade for Manning?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

Chiefs Trade for Manning? Empty
PostSubject: Chiefs Trade for Manning?   Chiefs Trade for Manning? EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 5:44 pm

Peyton manning and the chiefs

Ok just heard a story on Mike and Mike that the Colts might entertain the idea of trading peyton manning when they draft Andrew luck. So I want to hear AP's opinion regarding trades, money wise, drafting another qb, do you think it would be a good idea to at least entertain the idea of trading for manning? Adam Schefter did mention the chiefs as a team in need of a qb, along with other teams (dolphins, Cleveland, broncos). So let's hear it, what do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs Trade for Manning?   Chiefs Trade for Manning? EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 5:49 pm

Manning is already 35 will be 36. How much does he have left? As much as I like Manning, I have to say pass. Its going to take at least a 1st rounder, otherwise why would the Colts do it?
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs Trade for Manning?   Chiefs Trade for Manning? EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 5:54 pm

By Bill Williamson

Mid-week mail call:

Future from Fla. wants to know if I think the Kansas City Chiefs could draft Baylor quarterback Robert Griffin III.

Bill Williamson: I don’t think drafting a quarterback in the first round will be the Chiefs’ first priority. I think they will look at improving both lines first. At this point, it seems like a long shot to me.

Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs Trade for Manning?   Chiefs Trade for Manning? EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 7:23 pm

If we also hire Caldwell as the OC, trade a first.

Fuck it, I'll settle for winning a few Super Bowls in exchange for a first. There is no way Manning can't make this offense great, and this would be the best D he has ever had.
Back to top Go down
http://arrowheaddrive.com
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro
OutlawChief

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs Trade for Manning?   Chiefs Trade for Manning? EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 7:33 pm

I would easily trade a 1st for Manning. Definately would compete for a few Superbowls before he left. And he would be a hell of Mentor for Stanzi.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs Trade for Manning?   Chiefs Trade for Manning? EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 8:39 pm

My initial thought was hell ya! But I didn't realize Manning is 35 fixing to be 36. Most QBs are done by 33 or so. If we could get him at a high level for 3 to 4 years it would be worth it, but thats a big if. I say he has 1 to 2 more productive years left in him and then its downhill for Manning! That or injuries force him out.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs Trade for Manning?   Chiefs Trade for Manning? EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 9:03 pm

He could win with this team for ten more years if we start going hardcore on the line next. Our team is so young, even if in a few years he becomes just a game manager hes still going to be smart and accurate as hell. He could just make a few big plays here and there in key situations and and let our running game, receivers, and defense do the rest.
Back to top Go down
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro
OutlawChief

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs Trade for Manning?   Chiefs Trade for Manning? EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 10:04 pm

I am all for it. The only thing that would worrie me is why would they trade him at all after giving him such a big contract. Even with Luck on the roster. Wouldn't it help them more keeping him as a mentor to Luck. Like the Favre, Rodgers situation. Maybe there is more to his neck problem that they are not saying.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs Trade for Manning?   Chiefs Trade for Manning? EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 10:20 pm

I would think they would want to keep playing Manning until they can put a better team around Luck. But if they can essentially just get a younger Manning for nothing(assuming they get a first round pick).. why not.
Back to top Go down
KCJay
Pro
Pro
KCJay

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs Trade for Manning?   Chiefs Trade for Manning? EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 12:52 am

His injury affects his throwing arm...He isn't a spring chicken anymore...

How about we draft one in the 1st round and develop our own "Manning"...

I'm sick of this team giving up picks for over the hill "elite" players...

No
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs Trade for Manning?   Chiefs Trade for Manning? EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 2:32 am

If we are trading, I'd prefer for it to be up for Luck. Or just move slightly up to draft one of the other top QB's this year(if we are out of range still).

Buuuut.. I'm pretty confident we will be content with Orton/Cassel and Stanzi; and we will draft probably OL.
Back to top Go down
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro
chiefbravebull

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs Trade for Manning?   Chiefs Trade for Manning? EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:23 am

I would be fine with trading for Manning for our first as long as the neck isnt as serious as it could be. I would understand the Colts trading him and retooling there team. We would become instant contenders with Manning slinging for us. Trade Cassel for a 3rd rounder or so and get a better RT that can pass protect and we could compete right now. He would have so many tools on offense it would be crazy. Bowe, Charles, McCluster, Moeaki, Breaston, Baldwin, he could tear it up with his smarts. I dont see it happening though just dreaming.
Back to top Go down
KCJay
Pro
Pro
KCJay

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs Trade for Manning?   Chiefs Trade for Manning? EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 2:58 pm

chiefbravebull wrote:
I would be fine with trading for Manning for our first as long as the neck isnt as serious as it could be. I would understand the Colts trading him and retooling there team. We would become instant contenders with Manning slinging for us. Trade Cassel for a 3rd rounder or so and get a better RT that can pass protect and we could compete right now. He would have so many tools on offense it would be crazy. Bowe, Charles, McCluster, Moeaki, Breaston, Baldwin, he could tear it up with his smarts. I dont see it happening though just dreaming.

NO NO NO NO NO AND NO!!!

We don't need Peyton Manning to be an elite team...All we need is a QB that can make the throws down field and have guts in the pocket...

We have a solid running game, when healthy, and a good defense..Kyle Orton may be all we need and we didn't even give up an asset...

Peyton Manning's career may be all but done..If he were 3-5 years younger and not coming off a major surgery, than I would be inclined to say go for it, but we are on the right track..With a little better depth and a healthy line up, I see no reason why this team cannot go deep into the playoffs WITHOUT Manning...

We are built around the run, not the pass...
Back to top Go down
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro
chiefbravebull

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs Trade for Manning?   Chiefs Trade for Manning? EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 1:28 am

Actually we could be more balanced with a better qb. Run to set up the pass is what we do now because its all play action. We could pass to set up the run with someone like Manning. That would keep defenses guessing more and actually take pressure of the OL.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs Trade for Manning?   Chiefs Trade for Manning? Empty

Back to top Go down

Chiefs Trade for Manning?
Page 1 of 1