ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Latest images  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
Geno Smith
***Official Free Agency Thread*** - Page 11 Bar_left45%***Official Free Agency Thread*** - Page 11 Bar_right
 45% [ 15 ]
Luke Joekel
***Official Free Agency Thread*** - Page 11 Bar_left12%***Official Free Agency Thread*** - Page 11 Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Domontre Moore
***Official Free Agency Thread*** - Page 11 Bar_left3%***Official Free Agency Thread*** - Page 11 Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Jarvis Jones
***Official Free Agency Thread*** - Page 11 Bar_left9%***Official Free Agency Thread*** - Page 11 Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Manti Te'o
***Official Free Agency Thread*** - Page 11 Bar_left3%***Official Free Agency Thread*** - Page 11 Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Star Lotulelei
***Official Free Agency Thread*** - Page 11 Bar_left6%***Official Free Agency Thread*** - Page 11 Bar_right
 6% [ 2 ]
Tyler Wilson
***Official Free Agency Thread*** - Page 11 Bar_left12%***Official Free Agency Thread*** - Page 11 Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Other
***Official Free Agency Thread*** - Page 11 Bar_left9%***Official Free Agency Thread*** - Page 11 Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 33
Latest topics
» Bones Stagione 7 Ita
***Official Free Agency Thread*** - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 2:04 pm by 

» Paragon Partition Manager 12 10.1.19.15721 Personal
***Official Free Agency Thread*** - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:20 pm by 

***Official Free Agency Thread*** - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

***Official Free Agency Thread*** - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

***Official Free Agency Thread*** - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:18 pm by 

Advertisement

***Official Free Agency Thread***

Go down 
+9
Big Chief
chiefbravebull
KCJay
kcchiefs_31
OutlawChief
FatThucker
BigRatt
SylvesterMalone1978
RustShack
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

***Official Free Agency Thread*** - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: ***Official Free Agency Thread***   ***Official Free Agency Thread*** - Page 11 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 9:04 pm

First topic message reminder :

Finally, real football news/rumors.
Back to top Go down
http://arrowheaddrive.com

AuthorMessage
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: ***Official Free Agency Thread***   ***Official Free Agency Thread*** - Page 11 EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 12:14 am

I have no idea, it would be great if it does happen though.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: ***Official Free Agency Thread***   ***Official Free Agency Thread*** - Page 11 EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 12:32 am

I'm pretty sure Ty Warren was cut because I think the Pats are switching back to the 4-3. They keep using it more and more every year. They traded for Haynesworth and are working out Tommie Harris now... that would be the best DT duo in the NFL.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: ***Official Free Agency Thread***   ***Official Free Agency Thread*** - Page 11 EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 12:34 am

Can you imagine if we were to add both Miller and McClain? If Baldwin pans out we would be the best offense in the NFL, at least skill position wise. We could use so many different formations. Especially if Urban plays as well as hes looking, and McCluster lives up to the hype.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: ***Official Free Agency Thread***   ***Official Free Agency Thread*** - Page 11 EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 1:02 am

@RavensInsiderAaron Wilson
@MikeYehia One rumor that's been coming up with Moss is the Chiefs, but nothing concrete yet.
4 minutes agovia web
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: ***Official Free Agency Thread***   ***Official Free Agency Thread*** - Page 11 EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 1:03 am

Sweet. Jesus. If all three come true... ***Official Free Agency Thread*** - Page 11 114508
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: ***Official Free Agency Thread***   ***Official Free Agency Thread*** - Page 11 EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 2:33 am

RustShack wrote:
Sweet. Jesus. If all three come true... ***Official Free Agency Thread*** - Page 11 114508

Thats some funny shit.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: ***Official Free Agency Thread***   ***Official Free Agency Thread*** - Page 11 EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 3:18 am

Chiefs09 wrote:
You just cant admit Pioli doesnt make the right move every single time. You have never in your life questioned a move Pioli has made. That is what many fans do. There is no question Franklin is better than Gregg. There is also no question we are far enough below the cap we could have front loaded his contract so it wouldnt hurt us long term. We could still sign our own guys in doing so. Looking at the numbers we have actually gotten worse at the NT position this year. we are fine for the future with Powe and I think it was a great pick. But it doesnt help us this year and probably not next.

I will back Pioli on this one. Franklin is a 9 year vet and only has put 3 solid years together. 2 of those in contract years. You say Franklin is heads and shoulders above Gregg, then why couldn't he push Gregg out of a spot in the 4 years he was there in Baltimore? Franklin has never played in a system like ours and he no doubt weighs on Piolis mind as Albert Haynesworth brother. Albert was a Super Hero that was going to take the Skins to the SB. We find out Albert is not as good in a different scheme. Franklin wants a 5 to 6 year deal in the 7 to 8 million a year range and thats complete horseshit. That is Vince Wilfork money and Franklin is no where near Wilforks level. Wilfork can do it all including rushing the QB. Franklin is a run stopper and thats it, he has 4 sacks in his career. Gregg has 19.5. Gregg has 512 combined tackles, Franklin has 187. Do you find it interesting out of all the 3-4 teams out there, that the best NT in FA hasn't even got a sniff yet? Reports are that hes meeting with San Fran this evening who will sign him at the level he should be signed at, which is a 3 year contract at 5 million a year. Franklin will sign with San Fran at that price before he signs with the Chiefs at that price. I'm content with Gregg, hes a tough, nasty dude who has came from 1 of the best defenses in the last decade. He plays with great leverage, technique, and a non stop motor. He has the ability to the push the pocket and he will be a good mentor for Powe because of his playoff and SB experience. You always know you got a great player when the other teams fans is pissed he was let go. Hali is going to cost in the 70 million range, Flowers probally in the 40 million range, Carr deserves a contract at the same price, Bowes probally going to get in the 20 to 25 million range. Thats alot of money and alot of cap. I like want Pioli is doing. Taking a chance with that kind of contract is not the way Pioli does business. I'm willing to bet, that if Gregg stays healthy this year and the Chiefs rotate him enough, he will have a similar year to Franklin even being 4 years older.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: ***Official Free Agency Thread***   ***Official Free Agency Thread*** - Page 11 EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 3:34 am

"The Chargers and me have never seen eye-to-eye on Brandon Siler. For some reason, whenever Brandon was pushed into a starter's role (due to injury), the team seemed eager to get him off the field and back on the bench. The Chargers showed the same lack of interest in him when he became a restricted free agent, which is why he's now on the Chiefs. Theories as to why Siler was regarded so lowly by the team include a lack of intensity at practice, and the idea that he's a one-dimensional player (a run-stopper).

"When Siler was called into starting duty, I thought he played very well. He is obviously a strong, downhill linebacker that does not get pushed off of his spot and can be a force at stopping the run. For this reason, Siler was almost always in on the Chargers goal line packages. In terms of coverage, I thought he did well at defending running backs but struggled against tight ends and wide receivers. He's also not the best zone coverage linebacker you'll ever find."

I've read from a few places that he's likely to come out of the game on obvious passing downs and could be more of a run-stuffer so that'll be something to keep in mind. Sounds like a young guy who never really broke out. We'll see what Romeo Crennel has for him.
Back to top Go down
FatThucker
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: ***Official Free Agency Thread***   ***Official Free Agency Thread*** - Page 11 EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 10:51 am

RustShack wrote:
bobfescoeBob Fescoe

Right now Pioli is on his cell phone on the field #chiefs

Thanks for the update Fescoe
Back to top Go down
FatThucker
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: ***Official Free Agency Thread***   ***Official Free Agency Thread*** - Page 11 EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 10:52 am

RustShack wrote:
bobfescoeBob Fescoe

Pioli still on the phone looks like an intent conversation #chiefs

Ok, at least there's something almost kind of semi interesting. Is that all you got for us though Bobby?

Last edited by FatThucker on Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
FatThucker
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: ***Official Free Agency Thread***   ***Official Free Agency Thread*** - Page 11 EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 10:55 am

RustShack wrote:
bobfescoeBob Fescoe

Pioli might consider signing additional players. Or not. Just sort of depends, really #chiefs

People actually follow this nut job?
Back to top Go down
FatThucker
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: ***Official Free Agency Thread***   ***Official Free Agency Thread*** - Page 11 EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 10:59 am

BigRatt wrote:
Crowder would be a nice sign

Crowder is so stupid he doesn't even have an IQ. I wouldn't want him anywhere near our locker room.
Back to top Go down
FatThucker
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: ***Official Free Agency Thread***   ***Official Free Agency Thread*** - Page 11 EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 11:08 am

Chiefs09 wrote:
At least our division sucks. We can still contend for that. But as far as SB forget it. The NT is the most important position in our D and we are now worse off than we were last year. Maybe Powe eventually turns into a good one, but this year we are definately worse off. Reminds me a little of Dayton Moore preaching to us Ryals fans that we are going to build young... then fill in spots with some worthless vets. To those that dont believe in spending in FA ask yourself this... Who is better off now, KC or Philly? To me its not even close. Not that I wanted Namdi, but they had a position of need and overspent a little to fill it. NT is a position of need for us and we wouldnt pay for a real one. And dont even try to tell me it would have hurt us down the road. We are so far under the floor we could have front loaded his contract so it wouldnt hurt us later.

Holy Shit! Everyone take cover! The world is coming to an end! (Sarcasm)

Who is better off now, KC or Philly? It's very easy to answer that one. The answer is the team that has been better off for the last 7 years now. Philly has their vets in place then they spend the money they have on others. Who is better off, Washinton or Philly? Well it's sure not the team that tries to take shortcuts every year and just sign whoever will give them an autograph.
Back to top Go down
FatThucker
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: ***Official Free Agency Thread***   ***Official Free Agency Thread*** - Page 11 EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 11:16 am

Chiefs09 wrote:
They are doing great with the O no doubt. I really think our only real weakness on the team will be at D- line. I would say QB is a weakness but they are putting so much talent around him he wont be able to suck.

I can't believe my eyes! Did you just leave open the possibilty that Cassel won't be terrible this year? I thought you had more blind faith than that in his inability to play QB.
Back to top Go down
FatThucker
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: ***Official Free Agency Thread***   ***Official Free Agency Thread*** - Page 11 EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 11:18 am

BigRatt wrote:
Chiefs09 wrote:
I could live with it the way it is, but after seeing how cheap Sims Walker was I wouldnt mind a WR with his talents at that price added. I think 3.5 was a steal

I just dont know how many of these guys would be content with a 4th WR spot. Most of those guys are going to want to play.

On top of that, the 4th receiver must play special teams
Back to top Go down
FatThucker
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: ***Official Free Agency Thread***   ***Official Free Agency Thread*** - Page 11 EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 11:19 am

Chiefs09 wrote:
Moss is done. He was one of the best ever, but I wouldnt bring him in if he paid the chiefs to play at this point.

There you go, a good rational thought not involving Tyson Jackson. I'm proud of you!
Back to top Go down
FatThucker
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: ***Official Free Agency Thread***   ***Official Free Agency Thread*** - Page 11 EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 11:21 am

BigRatt wrote:
What the hell is going on with Justin Houston and will Pioli cave and give him more money?

I could see Pioli wanting to insert language into the contract about passing drug tests, and I can see Houston saying 'fuck that, I want fully guaranteed contracts like every else this year'
Back to top Go down
FatThucker
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: ***Official Free Agency Thread***   ***Official Free Agency Thread*** - Page 11 EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 11:23 am

Chiefs09 wrote:
Hunt is going to stay as cheap as he can til the rules dictate he cant in 2013.

Pioli has been quoted as saying that Hunt has never told him no about signing a player. You can call Pioli cheap, that's fine. But you are very misplaced if you don't see the money Hunt has spent all around the team, not just the players.
Back to top Go down
FatThucker
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: ***Official Free Agency Thread***   ***Official Free Agency Thread*** - Page 11 EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 11:28 am

Chiefs09 wrote:
RustShack wrote:
I'm still OK with keeping enough money to resign our young stars instead of tying it up in washed up people like Franklin forcing us to let someone like Carr walk away.
We are so far below the cap floor we could give Franklin 50 mil a year and still sign our guys. This crap about Franklin keeping us from being able to sign our young guys is BS and I know you are smart enough to know that Rust.

And I could pay $50,000 for a used minivan. That doesn't mean I should. In fact, I think that would be a pretty stupid investment, especially if what I need is a Hummer. (Giggity)
Back to top Go down
SylvesterMalone1978
All-Pro
All-Pro
SylvesterMalone1978

PostSubject: Re: ***Official Free Agency Thread***   ***Official Free Agency Thread*** - Page 11 EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 1:50 pm

Ty Warren to visit the Chiefs this week. Moss to retire.
Back to top Go down
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro
OutlawChief

PostSubject: Re: ***Official Free Agency Thread***   ***Official Free Agency Thread*** - Page 11 EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 4:25 pm

The Chiefs confirmed that Ty Warren is visiting. It makes a lot of sense considering their defense and Warren’s ties to G.M. Scott Pioli.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: ***Official Free Agency Thread***   ***Official Free Agency Thread*** - Page 11 EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 6:05 pm

according to whoever is on 610 right now (Babb?)...the Chiefs were never interested in Franklin....
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: ***Official Free Agency Thread***   ***Official Free Agency Thread*** - Page 11 EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 6:06 pm

OutlawChief wrote:
The Chiefs confirmed that Ty Warren is visiting. It makes a lot of sense considering their defense and Warren’s ties to G.M. Scott Pioli.

What about Warrens ties to our DC and DL coach?
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: ***Official Free Agency Thread***   ***Official Free Agency Thread*** - Page 11 EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 6:06 pm

FatThucker wrote:
Chiefs09 wrote:
RustShack wrote:
I'm still OK with keeping enough money to resign our young stars instead of tying it up in washed up people like Franklin forcing us to let someone like Carr walk away.
We are so far below the cap floor we could give Franklin 50 mil a year and still sign our guys. This crap about Franklin keeping us from being able to sign our young guys is BS and I know you are smart enough to know that Rust.

And I could pay $50,000 for a used minivan. That doesn't mean I should. In fact, I think that would be a pretty stupid investment, especially if what I need is a Hummer. (Giggity)
the hummer would have been p.taylor. but they settled for a chevy chevette
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: ***Official Free Agency Thread***   ***Official Free Agency Thread*** - Page 11 EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 6:15 pm

Barry Richardson signed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ***Official Free Agency Thread***   ***Official Free Agency Thread*** - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

***Official Free Agency Thread***
Page 11 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next