ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Latest images  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
Geno Smith
***Official Combine Thread*** Bar_left45%***Official Combine Thread*** Bar_right
 45% [ 15 ]
Luke Joekel
***Official Combine Thread*** Bar_left12%***Official Combine Thread*** Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Domontre Moore
***Official Combine Thread*** Bar_left3%***Official Combine Thread*** Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Jarvis Jones
***Official Combine Thread*** Bar_left9%***Official Combine Thread*** Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Manti Te'o
***Official Combine Thread*** Bar_left3%***Official Combine Thread*** Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Star Lotulelei
***Official Combine Thread*** Bar_left6%***Official Combine Thread*** Bar_right
 6% [ 2 ]
Tyler Wilson
***Official Combine Thread*** Bar_left12%***Official Combine Thread*** Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Other
***Official Combine Thread*** Bar_left9%***Official Combine Thread*** Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 33
Latest topics
» Bones Stagione 7 Ita
***Official Combine Thread*** EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 2:04 pm by 

» Paragon Partition Manager 12 10.1.19.15721 Personal
***Official Combine Thread*** EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:20 pm by 

***Official Combine Thread*** EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

***Official Combine Thread*** EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

***Official Combine Thread*** EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:18 pm by 

Advertisement

***Official Combine Thread***

Go down 
+3
OutlawChief
chiefbravebull
RustShack
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

***Official Combine Thread*** Empty
PostSubject: ***Official Combine Thread***   ***Official Combine Thread*** EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 9:53 pm

Lets hear it!
Back to top Go down
http://arrowheaddrive.com
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: ***Official Combine Thread***   ***Official Combine Thread*** EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 7:50 pm

Chiefs won the coin flip at the Combine, we will be picking #11.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: ***Official Combine Thread***   ***Official Combine Thread*** EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 7:51 pm

Arrowhead Pride ‏
RG3 said he would meet with the Chiefs tonight at the Combine.
Back to top Go down
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro
chiefbravebull

PostSubject: Re: ***Official Combine Thread***   ***Official Combine Thread*** EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 8:35 pm

It would be insane if Pioli pulled the trigger and made the trade with the Rams to RG3.
QB - RG3
RB - JC
FB - McClain
WR - Baldwin
WR - Bowe
TE - Moeaki

Thats fuckin scary!
Back to top Go down
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro
OutlawChief

PostSubject: Re: ***Official Combine Thread***   ***Official Combine Thread*** EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 9:49 pm

RustShack wrote:
Arrowhead Pride ‏

Wouldn't get to excited yet. We will meet with about 60 players. RG3 also meeting with the Browns tonight also.
Back to top Go down
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro
chiefbravebull

PostSubject: Re: ***Official Combine Thread***   ***Official Combine Thread*** EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 10:49 pm

We know that. Its just a cool thought having RG3 in our backfield.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: ***Official Combine Thread***   ***Official Combine Thread*** EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 12:56 am

OutlawChief wrote:
RustShack wrote:
Arrowhead Pride ‏

Wouldn't get to excited yet. We will meet with about 60 players. RG3 also meeting with the Browns tonight also.

A man can hope that Pioli will grow a satchell big enough to make this happen!
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: ***Official Combine Thread***   ***Official Combine Thread*** EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 4:57 pm

Teicher said they also met with Luck and Tannerhill.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: ***Official Combine Thread***   ***Official Combine Thread*** EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 5:00 pm

RustShack wrote:

I sure hope they are not considering Tannerhill at 11. I dont know anything about him but i understand theres a giant drop off after Luck and RG3.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: ***Official Combine Thread***   ***Official Combine Thread*** EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 7:28 pm

INDIANAPOLIS — The measurables are in, and it’s official: Michael Brockers is a beast.

The defensive tackle was listed at 6-foot-5 and 322 pounds, with 9 1/8-inch hands and 35-inch arms — contributing to his 83 7/8-inch wingspan. Despite only one full season as a starter at LSU (with 47 total tackles and two sacks in 2011 as a redshirt sophomore), Brockers’ measurable caused a stir and could lift his draft stock at the NFL Scouting Combine.

This is in line with Chad Reuter‘s mock draft, which reveals Brockers as a rising star heading toward April’s draft.

Reuter foresees Brockers landing with the Panthers at No. 9, and there’s no question Carolina could find room for this behemoth along its defensive line.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: ***Official Combine Thread***   ***Official Combine Thread*** EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 7:32 pm

Offensive Line

Bench Reps -
Michigan center David Molk beat out the rest of the offensive linemen Saturday with 41 reps during the bench press drill. Decastro was next with 34, Cordy Glenn had 31, Kalill had 30, Reiff had 23, Mike Adams had 19.

40 times -
Here are the 40-yard dash results for offensive linemen who worked out Saturday at the NFL Scouting Combine:

Top 10
Donald Stephenson, Oklahoma: 4.94 seconds
Matt Kalil, USC: 4.99
Note: Stephenson and Kalil are the sixth and seventh offensive linemen to run sub-5-second 40-yard dashes since 2009.
Adam Gettis, Iowa: 5.00
Desmond Wynn, Rutgers: 5.05
Thomas Compton, South Dakota: 5.11
Cordy Glenn, Georgia: 5.15
Brandon Mosley, Auburn: 5.21
Bobby Massie, Mississippi: 5.23
Riley Reiff: Iowa, 5.23

Other notables
Kelechi Osemele, Iowa State: 5.36
Kevin Zeitler, Wisconsin: 5.39
Mike Adams, Ohio State: 5.40
David DeCastro, Stanford: 5.43
Amini Silatolu, Midwestern State: 5.43

Here are the three-cone drill and 20-yard shuttle results for offensive linemen who worked out Saturday at the NFL Scouting Combine:

Top 5 in three-cone drill
David DeCastro, Stanford: 7.3 seconds
Matt Kalil, USC: 7.33
Brandon Mosley, Auburn: 7.43
Taylor Dever, Notre Dame: 7.49
Nate Potter, Northwestern: 7.49

Top 5 in 20-yard shuttle
Rishaw Johnson, California-Pennsylvania: 4.53 seconds
Andrew Datko, Florida State: 4.54
DeCastro: 4.56
Senio Kelemete, Washington: 4.58
John Cullen, Utah: 4.59

Here are the vertical jump and broad jump results for offensive linemen who worked out Saturday at the NFL Scouting Combine:

Top 5 in vertical jump
Donald Stephenson, Oklahoma: 35.5 inches
Desmond Wynn, Rutgers: 32.5
Adam Gettis, Iowa: 31.5
Rishaw Johnson, California-Pennsylvania: 31.5
Amini Silatolu, Midwestern State: 31.5

Top 5 in broad jump
Stephenson: 9 feet, 6 inches
Gettis: 9-4
Thomas Compton, South Dakota: 9-0
Johnson: 9-0
Silatolu: 8-11

Last edited by BigRatt on Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:02 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: ***Official Combine Thread***   ***Official Combine Thread*** EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 7:42 pm

Stanford TE Fleener the next great one?

INDIANAPOLIS -- The copycat nature of the NFL is routinely revealed on draft day. Teams will attempt to duplicate the success of their rivals by acquiring players with characteristics and skills that are prevalent in the game's biggest stars.

Last season, the tight end position fueled the success of several high-powered offenses and teams have made working the middle of the field a priority in their game plans. Consequently, 17 tight ends finished the season with 50-plus receptions, including Jimmy Graham (99) and Rob Gronkowski (90), who also topped the 1,000-yard mark.

Given their success and the changing dynamics of the pro passing game, scouts are on the hunt for the next difference maker at the position. As I watch the first day of workouts at the NFL Scouting Combine, I'm convinced Stanford's Coby Fleener will be that guy. Here are three reasons why:

1. Fleener possesses the size and speed to create problems in space.

The NFL's rule changes against contact and rough play in the passing game have created a significant advantage for receivers in space, especially for athletic tight ends with exceptional receiving skills. Fleener not only fits that category, but his combination of size, speed and athleticism will make him a difficult guard as a pro.

At 6-foot-6, 247 pounds, Fleener is too big for defensive backs on the perimeter and his speed makes him a tough guard for lumbering linebackers. He complements his natural speed and athleticism with a polished game that allows him to defeat defenders with subtle fakes at the top of routes. His deception and quickness results in significant separation out of the break, and he routinely finds a way to get open against man or zone coverage.

With more teams utilizing multiple spread formations with the tight end deployed at various alignments inside and outside the numbers, Fleener's impressive physical tools will be problematic for NFL defenders.

2. Fleener's experience in a pro-style offense will ease his transition to the NFL.

Brooks: WR/TE prospect rankings

In today's pass-happy NFL, receivers and tight ends are crucial. Bucky Brooks ranks prospects at each position. More ...

Fleener spent his entire career playing in an offensive system that features several elements incorporated into pro game plans, and that experience gives him a significant advantage entering the league. He understands basic concepts of the west coast offense used by the vast majority of the league, allowing him to play without hesitancy or uncertainty from Day 1.

In addition, Fleener enters the league with a great mastery of route running. He displays outstanding patience within the route and his clever utilization of head and shoulder fakes routinely puts defenders on their heels. His combination of balance, body control and explosiveness stood out on tape, and those traits were confirmed when I watched him during the position workout.

Fleener displayed an exceptional burst off the ball, but he remained under control throughout the route. He didn't rush or cut off his route before the prescribed depth, and his attention to detail reveals his discipline and awareness.

In addition, Fleener has shown outstanding hands, ball skills and concentration, and he is one of the best pass catchers at the position. Given the number of check marks in the positive column, it is hard for me to imagine Fleener being anything but a difference maker as a pro.

3. Fleener's exceptional college production will translate to pro success.

When compiling a profile on a prospect, I love to check out his statistics to see if I can spot a trend that is sustainable on the next level. As I look at Fleener's career stat sheet, I believe his robust yards per catch average and his receiving touchdowns will translate into immediate success as a pro.

Fleener finished his Cardinal career averaging 16.1 yards per catch, including 19.6 in 2011. This not only reveals his big play ability, but it suggests he might be a better vertical weapon or runner after the catch than most expect at the position. For comparison's sake, Clemson's Dwayne Allen and Georgia's Orson Charles averaged, 11.6 and 14.6, respectively.

In looking at his remarkable ability to put the ball in the paint, Fleener's 18 career touchdowns, including 17 over the past two seasons, make him one of the most prolific scorers at the position in recent memory. Although Allen (12) and Charles (10) have also demonstrated extraordinary scoring ability, Fleener's penchant for playmaking should attract the attention of scouts and coaches coveting difference makers.

Rob Gronkowski surprisingly emerged as a Pro Bowl selection in his second season, but a look at his college production (75 receptions for 1,197 receiving yards with 16 touchdowns in two season) suggested he could become a special player as a pro. If Fleener's numbers are any indication of his pro potential, then the league's next great playmaking tight end could be on the way.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: ***Official Combine Thread***   ***Official Combine Thread*** EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 7:50 pm

Glenn looking to gain at combine 0

Published: Feb. 25, 2012 at 10:22 a.m. | 611 Views

01:25 – Georgia OT Cordy Glenn believes his strengths are his long arms, toughness and confidence. Mike Mayock already is impressed by his field skills at the combine.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: ***Official Combine Thread***   ***Official Combine Thread*** EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 7:57 pm

Here are the 40-yard dash results for tight ends who worked out Saturday at the NFL Scouting Combine:

Top 5
James Hanna, Oklahoma, 4.49 seconds
LaDarius Green, Louisiana Lafeyette, 4.53
Evan Rodriguez, Temple, 4.58
Michael Egnew, Missouri, 4.62
Drake Dunsmore, Northwestern, 4.64

Here are the vertical jump and broad jump results for tight ends who worked out Saturday at the NFL Scouting Combine:

Top 5 in vertical jump
Michael Egnew, Missouri: 36 inches
James Hanna, Oklahoma: 36
Deangelo Peterson, LSU: 36
Evan Rodriguez, Temple: 36
Drake Dunsmore, Northwestern: 35.5

Top 5 in broad jump
Egnew: 10 feet, 11 inches
Ladarius Green, Missouri: 10-4
Hanna: 10-2
Emil Igwenagu, Massachusetts: 10-1
Peterson: 10-1

Here are the three-cone drill and 20- and 60-yard shuttle results for tight ends who worked out Saturday at the NFL Scouting Combine:

Drake Dunsmore, Northwestern: 6.73 seconds
James Hanna, Oklahoma: 6.76
Evan Rodriguez, Temple: 6.94
Michael Egnew, Missouri: 7.03
Dwayne Allen, Clemson: 7.12

Top 5 in 20-yard shuttle
Dunsmore: 4.03 seconds
Hanna: 4.11
Rodriguez: 4.28
Egnew: 4.32
Allen: 4.37

Top 5 in 60-yard shuttle
Hanna: 11.43 seconds
Rodriguez: 11.43
Dunsmore: 11.47
Emil Igwenagu, Massachussetts: 11.5
David Paulson, Oregon: 11.9
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: ***Official Combine Thread***   ***Official Combine Thread*** EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 8:04 pm

INDIANAPOLIS — Quinton Coples might have the most to gain here at the NFL Scouting Combine, but the North Carolina defensive lineman isn’t concerned about people who knock him for a lack of consistency or an overall drop in play in 2011.

“I’m my biggest (critic),” Coples said Saturday. “I criticize myself harder than anyone else can, so I’m definitely prepared for whatever is said about me.”

That would be that his production didn’t pick up when he moved from defensive tackle back to his regular position at defensive end. Also, that he lacks consistency and effort.

NFL scouts want to know who the real Quinton Coples is. Is he the underperforming senior who registered just 7.5 sacks after a junior season in which he played out of position? Or is he the dominating force witnessed at last month’s Senior Bowl?

To that, Coples said he’s unfazed.

“A lot of people have a lot of high expectations for me. I appreciate that,” Coples said. “But when you’re playing the game of football, you have things that happen that don’t go as planned. I think it was a situation that happened that I learned from, I matured from, and I think I’ll reap the benefits at the next level.”
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: ***Official Combine Thread***   ***Official Combine Thread*** EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 8:20 pm

Agnew from Mizzou had a good day.
Back to top Go down
FatThucker
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: ***Official Combine Thread***   ***Official Combine Thread*** EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 11:08 pm

BigRatt wrote:
RustShack wrote:

I sure hope they are not considering Tannerhill at 11. I dont know anything about him but i understand theres a giant drop off after Luck and RG3.

Luck and RG3 are in a different class, but Ryan Tannehill can ball, no doubt. He was done in by inexperience (was a WR for a couple years at A&M) and a defense that routinely squandered 21+ point leads in the 2nd half. Considering Gabbert went at #10 last year and Ponder went at #12, Tannehill's not gonna wait long to hear his name on draft day.

Tannehill wouldn't improve the Chiefs a whole lot in 2012, but with the state of the Chiefs QB depth chart, I would completely understand the pick.
Back to top Go down
FatThucker
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: ***Official Combine Thread***   ***Official Combine Thread*** EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 11:10 pm

How about that Michael Brockers! How would everyone feel about adding another LSU D-Lineman and trying to make him a 5-tech?
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: ***Official Combine Thread***   ***Official Combine Thread*** EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 12:16 am

FatThucker wrote:
How about that Michael Brockers! How would everyone feel about adding another LSU D-Lineman and trying to make him a 5-tech?

He showed up to the combine weighing 325. I think he is a legit NT! But he only has 1 year experience starting.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: ***Official Combine Thread***   ***Official Combine Thread*** EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 1:59 pm

DE isn't really a need with the first pick since we have Dorsey and Jackson. Hes too tall to be a NT too.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: ***Official Combine Thread***   ***Official Combine Thread*** EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 2:08 am

RustShack wrote:
DE isn't really a need with the first pick since we have Dorsey and Jackson. Hes too tall to be a NT too.

I didn't realize he was almost 6'6. However, Dontarie Poe is 6'5, Cam Thomas, Mount Cody, L. Joseph are all 6'4. I think Brockers is more of a 4'3 guy or a 3'4 DE. I think he has the ability to play NT though. Lots of NTs lately are taller for some reason.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: ***Official Combine Thread***   ***Official Combine Thread*** EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 2:20 am

INDIANAPOLIS — Here are the leading 40-yard dash results for running backs who worked out Sunday at the NFL Scouting Combine:

Top 10
Lamar Miller, Miami: 4.40 seconds
Ronnie Hillman, San Diego State: 4.45
LaMichael James, Oregon: 4.45
Chris Rainey, Florida: 4.45
Cyrus Gray, Texas A&M: 4.47
Isaiah Pead, Cincinnati: 4.47
Bernard Pierce, Temple: 4.49
Davis Wilson, Virginia Tech: 4.49
Robert Turbin, Utah State: 4.5
Rock Baker, Michigan State: 4.53
Davin Meggett, Maryland: 4.53

INDIANAPOLIS — Here are the leading three-cone drill, 20-yard shuttle and 60-yard shuttle results for running backs who worked out Sunday at the NFL Scouting Combine:

Chris Rainey, Florida: 6.5 seconds
Doug Martin, Boise State: 6.79
LaMichael James, Oregon: 6.88
Isaiah Pead, Cincinnati: 6.95
Brandon Bolden, Ole Miss: 6.96

Top 5 in 20-yard shuttle
Rainey: 3.93 seconds
Dan Herron, Ohio State: 4.04
James: 4.12
David Wilson, Virginia Tech: 4.12
Bradie Ewing, Wisconsin: 4.16
Doug Martin, Boise State: 4.16

Top 5 in 60-yard shuttle
Rainey: 11.06 seconds
Martin: 11.29
Davin Meggett, Maryland: 11.53
Wilson: 11.59
Herron: 11.60
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Dontarie Poe this years strongest Bencher at 44 reps.    ***Official Combine Thread*** EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 2:23 am

INDIANAPOLIS — There’s no better event at the NFL Scouting Combine than the bench press. It’s the ultimate combine theater.

It’s brute strength, man versus barbell, with some guy screaming in the ear of a 320-pound defensive lineman while he bounces 225 pounds off his chest more times believed humanly possible. Then, just as it seems like he can’t do anymore, the lineman summons up all his remaining strength and gives one last extension of his arms.

Yeah, it’s cool to run the fastest 40, but if you’re the guy with the most bench-press reps, you’ve earned some kind of street cred.

This year’s hero was Memphis’ Dontari Poe, who put up 44 reps, eight more than the next best D-linemen and edging the previous leader, Michigan center David Molk by three.

At 6-foot-4 and 346 pounds, Poe said Saturday he was gunning for 40 reps, and his performance here this week could do a lot for his draft stock with any team that’s in the market for a dominating force up front. Poe is widely considered a borderline first- or second-round pick, though Charles Davis, Chad Reuter and Bucky Brooks all predict he’ll go to the Texans with the 26th overall pick.

Other top D-linemen in bench press
Loni Fangupo, BYU: 36
Ronnell Lewis, Oklahoma: 36
Mike Martin, Michigan: 36
Kendall Reyes, Connecticut: 36

Top 5 LBs in bench press
Demario Davis, Arkansas State: 32
Miles Burris, San Diego State: 31
Ryan Baker, LSU: 30
Brandon Marshall, Nevada: 28
Darius Fleming, Notre Dame: 27
Luke Kuechly, Boston College: 27
Keenan Robinson, Texas: 27
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: ***Official Combine Thread***   ***Official Combine Thread*** EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 2:24 am

Poe is a manchild!
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Mike Mayock   ***Official Combine Thread*** EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 2:26 am

INDIANAPOLIS — NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock hit the press room Sunday for a wide-ranging conversation with reporters about everything from Robert Griffin III‘s to Peyton Manning‘s legacy here in Circle City.

On Robert Griffin III: “I knew he was going to fly (in the 40-yard dash), and, to be honest, I didn’t care if it was 4.31 or 4.41 … I already knew how athletic the kid is. … I expected him to fly. … I enjoyed him on the set. I thought he was engaging and intelligent.”

On Andrew Luck: “I think what was surprising to some people was how athletic Andrew Luck is. I knew he was because I’ve watched the kid workout personally, but I think a lot of people might be surprised to compare his measurables to Cam Newton from a year ago, and how similar they are.”

On Luck filling Manning’s shoes: “Peyton Manning’s one of the best two or three to ever play the game. I don’t think you can say any college kid is Peyton Manning.”

What will teams be willing to part with to move up and snag RGIII? “I don’t know what the right value is today, but I’ll tell you this: If you look at last year’s draft, and (Christian) Ponder goes at (No. 12) and (Jake) Locker goes at (No. 8), what I would tell you is that I would be stunned if these two kids didn’t go 1 and 2, and then I think (Ryan) Tannehill, even though he can’t work out, as long as he takes care through the process, shows people he can throw, what an athlete he is, Tannehill might go in the top 10.”

On Georgia Tech WR Stephen Hill: “(He) killed it (with a 4.36-second 40-yard dash). I had a bunch of scouts tell me before the combine, ‘This kid might blow the roof off it,’ and he did. The tough thing with Stephen Hill is coming out of that option offense. He’s hard to evaluate. We went through this with Demaryius Thomas. … From a football perspective, every team in the league has now got a lot of homework to do. … Trust me, he’s kind of pushed himself right up in the forefront of this wide receiver (class).”

On Notre Dame WR Michael Floyd: “I thought Floyd had as good a day as just about anyone out there.”

On Baylor WR Kendall Wright: “The guy I was most surprised with as far as his 40 on the downside was (Wright). … On tape, I thought he was DeSean Jackson, just a notch below him from a speed perspective, so to see him run 4.6 — I was stunned.”

On LSU DT Michael Brockers: “Brockers is special. … Brockers is probably a top-10 or (top-)12 pick.”

On the defensive line class: “I love the defensive tackles, which we’re going to see tomorrow. Not a fan of the defensive ends. I’ve seen anywhere from five to seven defensive tackles that have first-round grades.”

The news for tight ends? Not so good: “I think the tight end class is a bad class. And that’s not good, given (Rob) Gronkowski and (Aaron) Hernandez and what we’ve seen in the NFL. Everybody’s looking for that next guy. I don’t have a first-round grade in the tight end class. I’ve got three second-round grades and then I’ve got kind of an abyss.”

And now, with the press room shutting down and reporters filing out — many heading home — we take our own journey out of Lucas Oil Stadium.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ***Official Combine Thread***   ***Official Combine Thread*** Empty

Back to top Go down

***Official Combine Thread***
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next