ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Latest images  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
Geno Smith
Chiefs sign trick shot QB Alex Tanney Bar_left45%Chiefs sign trick shot QB Alex Tanney Bar_right
 45% [ 15 ]
Luke Joekel
Chiefs sign trick shot QB Alex Tanney Bar_left12%Chiefs sign trick shot QB Alex Tanney Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Domontre Moore
Chiefs sign trick shot QB Alex Tanney Bar_left3%Chiefs sign trick shot QB Alex Tanney Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Jarvis Jones
Chiefs sign trick shot QB Alex Tanney Bar_left9%Chiefs sign trick shot QB Alex Tanney Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Manti Te'o
Chiefs sign trick shot QB Alex Tanney Bar_left3%Chiefs sign trick shot QB Alex Tanney Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Star Lotulelei
Chiefs sign trick shot QB Alex Tanney Bar_left6%Chiefs sign trick shot QB Alex Tanney Bar_right
 6% [ 2 ]
Tyler Wilson
Chiefs sign trick shot QB Alex Tanney Bar_left12%Chiefs sign trick shot QB Alex Tanney Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Other
Chiefs sign trick shot QB Alex Tanney Bar_left9%Chiefs sign trick shot QB Alex Tanney Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 33
Latest topics
» Bones Stagione 7 Ita
Chiefs sign trick shot QB Alex Tanney EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 2:04 pm by 

» Paragon Partition Manager 12 10.1.19.15721 Personal
Chiefs sign trick shot QB Alex Tanney EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:20 pm by 

Chiefs sign trick shot QB Alex Tanney EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

Chiefs sign trick shot QB Alex Tanney EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

Chiefs sign trick shot QB Alex Tanney EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:18 pm by 

Advertisement

Chiefs sign trick shot QB Alex Tanney

Go down 
+2
OutlawChief
BigRatt
6 posters
AuthorMessage
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

Chiefs sign trick shot QB Alex Tanney Empty
PostSubject: Chiefs sign trick shot QB Alex Tanney   Chiefs sign trick shot QB Alex Tanney EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 12:14 pm

Chiefs Sign Trick-Shot QB Alex Tanney

by Joel Thorman on Jun 5, 2012 8:19 AM PDT

The Kansas City Chiefs have a new quarterback.

The team announced the addition of QB Alex Tanney on Tuesday morning. Tanney, 6'4" and 220 pounds, comes from Monmouth College in Monmouth, Illinois. The Chiefs bio lists his impressive college accomplishments:

In just over four seasons with the Fighting Scots, Tanney played in 47 games, completing 1,339 passes on 1,622 attempts (82.6 pct.). He set an NCAA Division III record, throwing for 14,249 yards and an NCAA record with 157 touchdowns. He totaled only 30 interceptions. The Normal, Ill., native was a two-time Midwest Conference Offensive Player of the Year in 2008 and 2009. Tanney was a two-time first-team Illinois All-State quarterback at Lexington High School in Lexington, Ill.

Tanney also had an invite to the Buffalo Bills rookie minicamp.

Carrying four quarterbacks on the offseason roster makes plenty of sense considering the roster limit is now at 90 players. The addition of Tanney gives the Chiefs more options throughout the summer as they now have four players who can line up at quarterback.

But the real story with Tanney is that he's the trick-shot quarterback made famous by the YouTube video below:

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2012/6/5/3065422/alex-tanney-trick-shot-video-kansas-city-chiefs#storyjump
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign trick shot QB Alex Tanney   Chiefs sign trick shot QB Alex Tanney EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 12:20 pm

I don't know how many takes that vid took to put together but it was fucking awesome! You have the accuracy and arm to play in the NFL when you can throw a football from the 50 and hit both goalposts and then the damn crossbar in consecutive throws. Then he winds up from 60 yards out and bounces the ball off the crossbar. I love the part when he he's in the gym and round robins the basketball hoops. What a video! If he ever gets his head around the NFL game this kid could be real good! We may have our new practice squad QB with this guy. However, he did get a Buffalo invite and Chan passed so that may not be good.
Back to top Go down
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro
OutlawChief

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign trick shot QB Alex Tanney   Chiefs sign trick shot QB Alex Tanney EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 4:55 pm

Yeah watched the video lol. Pretty impressive actually. Like ratt said he could be something if he can get his head around the game. Threw for alot of TDs and yards in school. Just have to see how he plays out.
Back to top Go down
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro
OutlawChief

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign trick shot QB Alex Tanney   Chiefs sign trick shot QB Alex Tanney EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 5:07 pm

Also heard since Cassel and Stanzi seem to be looking great in OTAs and Quinn not so much. That if Tanney does well enough he may beat Quinn out of a roster spot. But may just be hear say.
Back to top Go down
SylvesterMalone1978
All-Pro
All-Pro
SylvesterMalone1978

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign trick shot QB Alex Tanney   Chiefs sign trick shot QB Alex Tanney EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 6:26 pm

Next Kurt Warner!? I doubt he makes the team. Red flag if Chan Gailey passed on him IMO.
Back to top Go down
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro
OutlawChief

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign trick shot QB Alex Tanney   Chiefs sign trick shot QB Alex Tanney EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 4:46 pm

That's a helluva good point lol. Your right most likely just an extra camp arm.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign trick shot QB Alex Tanney   Chiefs sign trick shot QB Alex Tanney EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 6:43 pm

SylvesterMalone1978 wrote:
Next Kurt Warner!? I doubt he makes the team. Red flag if Chan Gailey passed on him IMO.

Chan Gailey still has a Thigpen boner. This kid has all sorts of records in DIII ball..Would be pretty awesome if Zorn can make something out of him. Hope he makes it to preseason..I'd like to see him throw as an actual QB.
Back to top Go down
kcchiefs
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
kcchiefs

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign trick shot QB Alex Tanney   Chiefs sign trick shot QB Alex Tanney EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 7:10 pm

Have you guys ever thought that maybe he turned down Gailey and the Bills instead of the other way around. I mean this guy has the right to shop himself. He is arguable the greatest division 3 QB of all time.. I know its only division 3 ball but the guy has a completion percentage of over 80% for his collegiate career. I dont care what level you play at, that is impressive. And maybe its against DIII Dbacks but you have to remember that his recievers were on the same talent level. Im really rooting for this guy to make it!
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign trick shot QB Alex Tanney   Chiefs sign trick shot QB Alex Tanney EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 1:50 am

Would be interesting if he managed to beat out someone and make the roster. Crazy how accurate he is, that has to someone translate over. I'm not talking the crazy trick bounce shots either... the ones where he just hits the posts and the bottles off the guys head and hands. and his completion percentage on the field. I'm hoping for at least a PS for this guy though.
Back to top Go down
http://arrowheaddrive.com
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign trick shot QB Alex Tanney   Chiefs sign trick shot QB Alex Tanney EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 9:52 am

RustShack wrote:
Would be interesting if he managed to beat out someone and make the roster. Crazy how accurate he is, that has to someone translate over. I'm not talking the crazy trick bounce shots either... the ones where he just hits the posts and the bottles off the guys head and hands. and his completion percentage on the field. I'm hoping for at least a PS for this guy though.

That is what I was thinking and there shouldn't be anyway in the world this kid doesn't make the practice squad at the very least. I realize he just played Division 3 ball but he displays some crazy ability in that video. I'm sure some of those shots took multiple takes but the one where he stands on the 50 and throws 3 consecutive balls at the goal posts and crossbar is all one take. Cant wait to see him in the preseason and see what he's like in game conditions.
Back to top Go down
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro
OutlawChief

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign trick shot QB Alex Tanney   Chiefs sign trick shot QB Alex Tanney EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 6:25 pm

Definately an interesting prospect.

NFL Draft scout Thomas Melton talks about Tanney's trick shot reputation, his work with Chad Pennington and how he thinks the Chiefs might have a diamond in the rough.

http://kansascity.sbnation.com/kansas-city-chiefs/2012/6/7/3070476/breaking-down-chiefs-qb-alex-tanney-with-nfl-draft-scout-thomas-melton/in/2834505
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign trick shot QB Alex Tanney   Chiefs sign trick shot QB Alex Tanney EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 10:08 pm

Pennington is the most accurate QB in NFL history if I recall. He looked like he was going to be a real good QB too until the injury's came into place. The way this team is set up with a great defense, running game, and a lot of offensive weapons... a QB with his accuracy would be huge.
Back to top Go down
http://arrowheaddrive.com
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign trick shot QB Alex Tanney   Chiefs sign trick shot QB Alex Tanney EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 10:50 pm

I like this quote from that article. "What are the weakest aspects of his game at this point? As for weaknesses, I think he needs to work on his footwork. He made throws look easy in DIII without great footwork but only guys with truly elite arm talent can get away with inconsistent/bad footwork -- Jay Cutler for example. He has enough arm talent to have a shot, but he needs to improve his footwork.

He worked with Chad Pennington this offseason and Pennington mentioned something similar in a video I just retweeted today. Needs to get his feet on same level as his throwing mechanics. Other than that, he just needs to adjust to the speed of the game. He seems to take coaching well so that helps."

I truly hope that we can develop this kid into something as it is clear he has the arm and the accuracy to make it in the NFL. Does he have the brains to make the transition? It will be interesting to see.

Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign trick shot QB Alex Tanney   Chiefs sign trick shot QB Alex Tanney EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 10:52 pm

Article also said the Tanney is a pure pocket passer and that Gailey took the athletic Vince Young over him for that reason.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign trick shot QB Alex Tanney   Chiefs sign trick shot QB Alex Tanney Empty

Back to top Go down

Chiefs sign trick shot QB Alex Tanney
Page 1 of 1