ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Latest images  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
Geno Smith
Alex Smith to the Chiefs? Bar_left45%Alex Smith to the Chiefs? Bar_right
 45% [ 15 ]
Luke Joekel
Alex Smith to the Chiefs? Bar_left12%Alex Smith to the Chiefs? Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Domontre Moore
Alex Smith to the Chiefs? Bar_left3%Alex Smith to the Chiefs? Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Jarvis Jones
Alex Smith to the Chiefs? Bar_left9%Alex Smith to the Chiefs? Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Manti Te'o
Alex Smith to the Chiefs? Bar_left3%Alex Smith to the Chiefs? Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Star Lotulelei
Alex Smith to the Chiefs? Bar_left6%Alex Smith to the Chiefs? Bar_right
 6% [ 2 ]
Tyler Wilson
Alex Smith to the Chiefs? Bar_left12%Alex Smith to the Chiefs? Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Other
Alex Smith to the Chiefs? Bar_left9%Alex Smith to the Chiefs? Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 33
Latest topics
» Bones Stagione 7 Ita
Alex Smith to the Chiefs? EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 2:04 pm by 

» Paragon Partition Manager 12 10.1.19.15721 Personal
Alex Smith to the Chiefs? EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:20 pm by 

Alex Smith to the Chiefs? EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

Alex Smith to the Chiefs? EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

Alex Smith to the Chiefs? EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:18 pm by 

Advertisement

Alex Smith to the Chiefs?

Go down 
+5
kcchiefs
Chiefs09
OutlawChief
SylvesterMalone1978
chiefbravebull
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro
chiefbravebull

Alex Smith to the Chiefs? Empty
PostSubject: Alex Smith to the Chiefs?   Alex Smith to the Chiefs? EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 1:28 pm

Reports are saying Alex Smith will be our new QB. I hope the compensation isn't too high but, they are saying a pick this year and one next year. What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
SylvesterMalone1978
All-Pro
All-Pro
SylvesterMalone1978

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith to the Chiefs?   Alex Smith to the Chiefs? EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 1:31 pm

Why am I a Chiefs fan.
Back to top Go down
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro
OutlawChief

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith to the Chiefs?   Alex Smith to the Chiefs? EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 1:38 pm

This years 2nd and conditional mid round pick next year.
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith to the Chiefs?   Alex Smith to the Chiefs? EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 1:55 pm

I dont see it being our 2nd. Smith isnt young anymore and they have made it clear kapernick is the starter. maybe our compensatory 3rd and a mid pick next year. Even I think a 2nd is crazy. that 2nd should be used on a QB if we are bringing in a temp stopgap.
Back to top Go down
SylvesterMalone1978
All-Pro
All-Pro
SylvesterMalone1978

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith to the Chiefs?   Alex Smith to the Chiefs? EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 2:31 pm

Our second is basically a first. And wasn't Smith a free agent last year that no team wanted to sign?
Back to top Go down
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro
OutlawChief

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith to the Chiefs?   Alex Smith to the Chiefs? EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 2:53 pm

I believe I read somewhere a while back that Reid wanted Smith in Philly. Before deciding to stick with Vick.
Back to top Go down
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro
chiefbravebull

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith to the Chiefs?   Alex Smith to the Chiefs? EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 3:36 pm

He did and Harbaugh convinced Smith to stay in San Fran. Smith is perfect for the Andy REID West Coast style offense. I think Dorsey will do what he can to deal away the first overall pick and get more picks this year. This draft is very deep in allot of our need areas.
Back to top Go down
kcchiefs
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
kcchiefs

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith to the Chiefs?   Alex Smith to the Chiefs? EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 3:41 pm

I don't understand why we would give away the 34th overall pick for this guy. Why would you settle for a guy that is just "not that bad"
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith to the Chiefs?   Alex Smith to the Chiefs? EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 3:55 pm

kcchiefs wrote:
I don't understand why we would give away the 34th overall pick for this guy. Why would you settle for a guy that is just "not that bad"

B/c it's the Chiefs and that's what we fucking do! We trade insanely high picks for other teams backup QB's. Everyone of them except Montana and Green were absolute jokes! To scared to take a risk and draft a QB with a big arm that can make all the throws, speed, high completion percentage, and coach him up. Reid just lost a lot of respect in my eyes!
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith to the Chiefs?   Alex Smith to the Chiefs? EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 4:42 pm

Essentially we gave up a late 1st round pick for Alex Smith.

You cant tell me that Alex Smith has a brighter future than Geno or Tyler Wilson, because he doesnt.
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith to the Chiefs?   Alex Smith to the Chiefs? EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 5:14 pm

There is a big difference in the 34th pick and the 1st overall though. too high a price for Smith but there is no QB even close to worth the #1 overall pick this year.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith to the Chiefs?   Alex Smith to the Chiefs? EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 5:26 pm

Chiefs09 wrote:
There is a big difference in the 34th pick and the 1st overall though. too high a price for Smith but there is no QB even close to worth the #1 overall pick this year.

It doesnt even matter. I would have rather had Joeckel at 1 and Tyler Wilson in round 2. Hell I would rather have had Glennon at 2 than Smith. Even Manuel. Or even fucking Barkley and I hate Barkley.
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith to the Chiefs?   Alex Smith to the Chiefs? EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 6:07 pm

I really think Manuel will be the best QB in this class. Will be interesting if he falls to 3rd rnd. But I am FSU fan too.
Back to top Go down
SylvesterMalone1978
All-Pro
All-Pro
SylvesterMalone1978

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith to the Chiefs?   Alex Smith to the Chiefs? EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 1:23 am

There is also a rumor that the Chiefs only like Barkley in this draft...
Back to top Go down
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro
OutlawChief

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith to the Chiefs?   Alex Smith to the Chiefs? EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 1:37 am

Yeah I read that somewhere also. Barkley is the one they looked at the most at combine.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith to the Chiefs?   Alex Smith to the Chiefs? EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 3:32 am

That just pisses me off even more.

Todays news has topped the day in 2009 when we traded for Cassel. Cant recall ever being so pissed off about the Chiefs before today. Absolutely disgusted with how this new regime has handled things so far.
Back to top Go down
Canada Chiefs
n00b cake
n00b cake

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith to the Chiefs?   Alex Smith to the Chiefs? EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 2:25 pm

I hope the rumors about us possibly getting some draft picks in exchange are true and that Dorsey doesn't lock himself in with Smith like Pioli did with Cassel. Although I hate the compensation given for Smith I'm okay with giving Reid a chance to see what he can do with him PROVIDED we're quick to pull the trigger if and when it becomes clear that he is not the answer.
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith to the Chiefs?   Alex Smith to the Chiefs? EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 3:41 pm

Canada Chiefs wrote:
I hope the rumors about us possibly getting some draft picks in exchange are true and that Dorsey doesn't lock himself in with Smith like Pioli did with Cassel. Although I hate the compensation given for Smith I'm okay with giving Reid a chance to see what he can do with him PROVIDED we're quick to pull the trigger if and when it becomes clear that he is not the answer.
That is where I am at now. Initially I was pissed. But that is the guy I was wanting weeks ago so I figured why be mad. I was hoping to give up the compensatory 3rd for him and use the 2 on Manuel. I guess that is the thing I was most mad at. Maybe they figure one of those guys falls to 3rd.
Back to top Go down
kcchiefs
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
kcchiefs

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith to the Chiefs?   Alex Smith to the Chiefs? EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 5:18 pm

I am on the same page as you guys right now. I hope this regime treats Alex Smith the same exact way that Harbaugh did. Draft your guy, develop him under the radar and when the time is right, pull the trigger.

Alex Smith can be successful in this offense. I'd like to see 17 plus TDs and in the ball park of 5 interceptions. I think all he has to do is manage our run game and good defense until we pull the trigger on our guy in waiting. If Dorsey and Reid think he is the best option right now, then it's probably true guys. I'm not a huge fan of this move, but I will wait it out and see what kind of improvements we make this season
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith to the Chiefs?   Alex Smith to the Chiefs? EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 5:25 pm

I fully expected a veteran QB to be brought in. But damn didn't expect that pick would be given up. I was really starting to think that was the pick we would draft a QB with.
Back to top Go down
http://arrowheaddrive.com
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith to the Chiefs?   Alex Smith to the Chiefs? EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 5:40 pm

RustShack wrote:
I fully expected a veteran QB to be brought in. But damn didn't expect that pick would be given up. I was really starting to think that was the pick we would draft a QB with.

Yep! I figured they would bring in a vet and bring Geno slowly along. I figured Smith could be had for 4th and at worst a 3rd which is stretch for me and what he can do. Play Smith for a couple of years and turn it over to Geno. That is the smart way to do it.
Back to top Go down
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro
chiefbravebull

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith to the Chiefs?   Alex Smith to the Chiefs? EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 5:49 pm

For what Reid wants in an offense smith is perfect for it. He is a smart qb who can manage the game and make all the necesarry checks at the line of scrimmage to screw with defenses. That's what we need. This is ready to win now. Not in maybe a few years. That's what it would be if you gamble and draft geno.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith to the Chiefs?   Alex Smith to the Chiefs? EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 6:03 pm

Smith is not as good as you give him credit for. A West Coast offense it more than dumping it off if your first read isn't open and not being allowed to go through your progressions.
Back to top Go down
http://arrowheaddrive.com
kcchiefs
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
kcchiefs

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith to the Chiefs?   Alex Smith to the Chiefs? EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 6:16 pm

I'm not a huge fan of Alex Smith. I think he can be productive at times. But if you honestly look at it. Matt Cassels 2 best seasons (2008 NE, 2010KC) they are better than Alex Smiths last 2 seasons. Both of them have proved to be the definition of a system QB. Hell, in NE Cassel threw for 400 yards at least twice. And his td int ratio in 2010 was 27-7. Smiths best has been 18-5. So far in their careers, Matt Cassel has given me more of a reason to believe in him than Alex Smith has.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith to the Chiefs?   Alex Smith to the Chiefs? EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 6:21 pm

chiefbravebull wrote:
For what Reid wants in an offense smith is perfect for it. He is a smart qb who can manage the game and make all the necesarry checks at the line of scrimmage to screw with defenses. That's what we need. This is ready to win now. Not in maybe a few years. That's what it would be if you gamble and draft geno.

I still don't see why bringing in a Vet and drafting Geno at the same time doesn't accomplish what your talking about. Of course I didn't plan on them trading an essential 1st round pick and a 2nd the following year for a vet that's a season away from 30 either. Somebody is getting a hell of a QB in Geno! I think the Chiefs will win some game with A. Smith and maybe even sneak into a wild card spot. Hopefully! That's IF we get the post Harbaugh Smith. But he will not make us a consistent threat to go the distance. I think his limitations will be exposed in the playoffs. Maybe this is the plan though! Winning just enough to keep fans buying tickets and always believing in the next year which keeps ownership happy and their asses off the hot seat. I really hope that the report about them swapping 2nds this year is accurate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith to the Chiefs?   Alex Smith to the Chiefs? Empty

Back to top Go down

Alex Smith to the Chiefs?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next