ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Latest images  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
Geno Smith
Chiefs sign Routt Bar_left45%Chiefs sign Routt Bar_right
 45% [ 15 ]
Luke Joekel
Chiefs sign Routt Bar_left12%Chiefs sign Routt Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Domontre Moore
Chiefs sign Routt Bar_left3%Chiefs sign Routt Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Jarvis Jones
Chiefs sign Routt Bar_left9%Chiefs sign Routt Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Manti Te'o
Chiefs sign Routt Bar_left3%Chiefs sign Routt Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Star Lotulelei
Chiefs sign Routt Bar_left6%Chiefs sign Routt Bar_right
 6% [ 2 ]
Tyler Wilson
Chiefs sign Routt Bar_left12%Chiefs sign Routt Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Other
Chiefs sign Routt Bar_left9%Chiefs sign Routt Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 33
Latest topics
» Bones Stagione 7 Ita
Chiefs sign Routt EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 2:04 pm by 

» Paragon Partition Manager 12 10.1.19.15721 Personal
Chiefs sign Routt EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:20 pm by 

Chiefs sign Routt EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

Chiefs sign Routt EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

Chiefs sign Routt EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:18 pm by 

Advertisement

Chiefs sign Routt

Go down 
+6
RustShack
OutlawChief
redross006
kcchiefs
Touchdown Bowe
SylvesterMalone1978
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SylvesterMalone1978
All-Pro
All-Pro
SylvesterMalone1978

Chiefs sign Routt Empty
PostSubject: Chiefs sign Routt   Chiefs sign Routt EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 2:44 pm

Routt signs for 3 yrs/19.6M, with a 4 mil signing bonus. Weighed offers from several other teams #insideslant
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

Chiefs sign Routt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign Routt   Chiefs sign Routt EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 3:26 pm

This tells me Carr wont be back. Amazing. If we just let Carr walk, I will be unbelievably pissed off. We at least need to tag and trade the guy and get a 1st out of him instead of letting one of the best young corners in the league just walk out the door for nothing.

So much for Carr AND Bowe coming back huh. Just goes to show Clark really is a cheap ass. I am glad we didnt overpay for Routt though. He is a fairly decent corner when he's paired up with somebody good and here he will have Flowers. Carr is still the better player though, and 3 years younger than Routt. It seems like Carr keeps getting better and better too.

The only bright side to this is that the Chiefs are def. going to resign Bowe. Plus it seems like they will be making a few other big moves in free agency with the money they saved by signing Routt over Carr. Our secondary just got a little worse just to save a couple million though, and thats what sucks.
Back to top Go down
kcchiefs
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
kcchiefs

Chiefs sign Routt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign Routt   Chiefs sign Routt EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 3:50 pm

Dont go crazy about this signing yet, man! I'm not going to judge on any moves until I see the whole picture.. patient my friend.
Back to top Go down
redross006
Amateur
Amateur
redross006

Chiefs sign Routt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign Routt   Chiefs sign Routt EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 4:20 pm

Been saying all along that Carr would not be back... and everyone thought I didn't know my ass from a whole in the ground. This is just the first in a long line of I told you so's. Chiefs went w/ the cheaper option... Hmmm I see a pattern developing.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

Chiefs sign Routt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign Routt   Chiefs sign Routt EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 5:33 pm

Clark better use the money he saved on this deal to make some big time moves in March...that's all I can say.
Back to top Go down
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro
OutlawChief

Chiefs sign Routt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign Routt   Chiefs sign Routt EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 5:36 pm

kcchiefs wrote:
Dont go crazy about this signing yet, man! I'm not going to judge on any moves until I see the whole picture.. patient my friend.

I agree let's not over react just yet. Yeah Carr most likely isn't coming back. But it's still possible, but unlikely. They definately won't over pay Carr now if he does. But if we can resign Bowe quickly now. We can franchise Carr and trade him. Most likely for a 1st. If we get to 1st rounders maybe a trade up scenerio for Luck or RG3. A possiblity, we just have to see how the offseason plays out. Never know what can happen.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

Chiefs sign Routt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign Routt   Chiefs sign Routt EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 6:04 pm

OutlawChief wrote:
kcchiefs wrote:

I agree let's not over react just yet. Yeah Carr most likely isn't coming back. But it's still possible, but unlikely. They definately won't over pay Carr now if he does. But if we can resign Bowe quickly now. We can franchise Carr and trade him. Most likely for a 1st. If we get to 1st rounders maybe a trade up scenerio for Luck or RG3. A possiblity, we just have to see how the offseason plays out. Never know what can happen.

As long as Scott Pioli is here we will not be drafting a QB in the first round. He's too determined to make chicken salad out of chicken shit.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

Chiefs sign Routt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign Routt   Chiefs sign Routt EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 7:25 pm

I'll wait to see what happens first. It's still possible that we bring back Carr. Worst case tag and trade. Pioli has already said this offseason that he would not be against drafting a QB in the first round, he was just against giving up two first round picks to do so(which most cases would be from different years, getting a first for Carr could change things).

But it is a QB driven league, this isn't the two WR offenses it used to be. The NB is pretty much a starter though. Plus we have to spend money to reach next years salary cap floor, so I could easily see Pioli adding a few big players this year and next instead of just going all out next year to reach the floor.

If Carr does come back we easily have the best secondary in the NFL, especially if we bring in another Safety too. Routt would also be nice depth incase of injury and to also keep legs fresh in the fourth quarter. Routt is now officially the fastest player on the team too. He was also great in Oakland on the #2 WR's, where he also seen the majority of the throws because Aso had the #1 on lockdown. He just wasn't good on the #1 WR's this year. Something that we have a coaching staff who can help further develop him.

The only reason we don't bring back Carr(or didn't) is because hes demanding to be the highest paid CB in the NFL. And just because we have the money to do it doesn't mean we should. The only way I'll be mad about this is if he ends up walking and signs a deal only similar to Flowers.

If we tag him and trade him it could end up being better, we have nice young players at CB. Odds are we are going to sign Soliai which makes the DB's jobs a lot easier.

Back to top Go down
http://arrowheaddrive.com
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

Chiefs sign Routt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign Routt   Chiefs sign Routt EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 7:53 pm

Chiefs announce arrivial of Routt
Posted by Mike Florio on February 20, 2012, 2:15 PM EST
Stanford Routt, Marques Colston AP

It’s official. The Chiefs have announced the arrival of veteran cornerback Stanford Routt.

“Stanford has a proven record of success in the NFL,” coach Romeo Crennel said, via the team-issued release. “He’s a talented player that has spent seven seasons in the AFC West, so he is familiar with us and our division opponents. We are excited to have Stanford join the team, and we are looking forward to getting started.”

“We are excited that we were able to come to terms with Stanford,” G.M. Scott Pioli added. “He is a talented player, and as we have said in the past, we are always looking to add competition at every position year-round. Stanford’s experience and level of play will make him a solid addition to our defense.”

Routt also had visited the Bills and Bengals.

As we pointed out earlier in the day, the Chiefs use the same man-to-man coverages with which Routt is familiar from his time in Oakland. Some Raiders fans may actually find that encouraging.
Back to top Go down
SylvesterMalone1978
All-Pro
All-Pro
SylvesterMalone1978

Chiefs sign Routt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign Routt   Chiefs sign Routt EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 8:45 pm

Good points, might be a sign but if Carr doesnt come back Carr must have outrageous demands! Routt does bring elite speed to this defense though!
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

Chiefs sign Routt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign Routt   Chiefs sign Routt EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 9:20 pm

It will be interesting to see what Carr gets! I said the only way he wouldn't be back is if he's demanding 10+ million a year. Carr must think hes a legit number 1 corner, and I wouldn't be surprised if he's not looking for a deal similiar to what Nambi got last year. Pioli paid 6 and change to get Routt so Carr must be demanding bank. Anything less than 10 would have been a no brainer for Pioli! I hate to lose Carr but the least that is gonna happen is for KC to tag and trade Carr. So a quick late 1st or 2nd round pick would make the draft interesting. If they do let him walk which is not even in the ball park of remote, we will at least get a 3rd round compensatory pick.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

Chiefs sign Routt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign Routt   Chiefs sign Routt EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 9:22 pm

I think Routt is a decent corner but he sucks in zone! Hopefully Emmit Thomas will help him. We just picked up a ton of speed though. He's definately more of a number 2 corner but it would have been nice to have Carr back is he just keeps getting better. It would be amazing to see them sign Carr on top of Route, but I dont think they will because of Arenas.

Last edited by BigRatt on Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

Chiefs sign Routt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign Routt   Chiefs sign Routt EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 9:23 pm

"Routt spent several days in Kansas City before choosing the Chiefs over competing offers from Buffalo, Cincinnati, Houston, New Orleans, Minnesota and Tennessee."

"March will be a good month for Stanford Routt. He will make $9 million -- $5 million from the Raiders and $4 million from the Chiefs."

Twitter / Andrew Brandt
Back to top Go down
SylvesterMalone1978
All-Pro
All-Pro
SylvesterMalone1978

Chiefs sign Routt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign Routt   Chiefs sign Routt EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 9:27 pm

If Flowers covers the ones Routt is money for the twos. Pioli has easily proven he's committed to keeping out young stars, but they were all team players. If Carr doesnt come back it's only because he demands way way too much money!

Will be very interesting if he joins the long list of high priced free agents to flame out with another team.
Back to top Go down
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro
OutlawChief

Chiefs sign Routt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign Routt   Chiefs sign Routt EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 9:28 pm

All in all it doesn't hurt the team to much. If we end up tagging and trading him could actually help us improve. We just have to see how everything else plays out.
Back to top Go down
SylvesterMalone1978
All-Pro
All-Pro
SylvesterMalone1978

Chiefs sign Routt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign Routt   Chiefs sign Routt EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 9:31 pm

If we get a first at minimum out of him, we are better off. 2nd plus some wouldn't be bad. But if we had a QB when it's all said and done it's a major win!
Back to top Go down
KCJay
Pro
Pro
KCJay

Chiefs sign Routt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign Routt   Chiefs sign Routt EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 9:38 pm

Great move by Pioli, IMO..This is just adding some torque on his end in resigning Carr or adding insurance if Carr is let go/walks..

Carr just lost some leverage with the Chiefs...

With the addition of Routt and if we actually do re-up Carr, we would be the best 2ndary in the NFL because let's not forget about Berry also being added to this team...

Another Safety in the draft or via FA would be the last hole to fill..(Tyvon Branch or Michael Griffin)

What a nickel package we would have...Carr, Routt, Flowers, Branch/Griffin, Berry) Who would pass against that package? lol
Back to top Go down
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro
OutlawChief

Chiefs sign Routt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign Routt   Chiefs sign Routt EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 9:38 pm

We are only just getting started. Off season hasn't even officially started and we are getting a jump. Should make FA interesting.
Back to top Go down
SylvesterMalone1978
All-Pro
All-Pro
SylvesterMalone1978

Chiefs sign Routt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign Routt   Chiefs sign Routt EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 9:42 pm

Carr wants to be a Chief. Very active in the community and even still attends HS basketball games in the area. He's one if the main guys who openly said he hopes Crennel is his HC next year before he got hired.
Back to top Go down
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro
OutlawChief

Chiefs sign Routt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign Routt   Chiefs sign Routt EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 9:42 pm

Chiefs agreed to terms with CB Stanford Routt on a three-year, $20 million contract.
The numbers reported by NFL Network's Jason La Canfora are $19.6 million with a $4 million signing bonus. It's starter money, and makes it likely that the Chiefs will let free agent CB Brandon Carr break the bank on the open market. Expect Dwayne Bowe to get the franchise tag. Routt, who turns 29 before the season, is a press-man corner and fits Romeo Crennel's scheme. While he allowed too many touchdown passes (8) and committed too many penalties (17) last year, Routt posted career highs in interceptions (4) and pass breakups (15). Pro Football Focus graded Routt as the NFL's 19th-best corner in terms of coverage. While Carr will command more money, PFF had him 21st.
Back to top Go down
kcchiefs
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
kcchiefs

Chiefs sign Routt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign Routt   Chiefs sign Routt EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 12:28 am

I honestly think that we will somehow end up getting Carr back. But I dont think we need another safety.. Kendrick Lewis is severly underrated. Veterans on this defense have been quoted saying he is the "Petyon Manning" of the defense. I think he is the perfect compliment to Berry in the defensive backfield.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

Chiefs sign Routt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign Routt   Chiefs sign Routt EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 2:23 am

I still do hope we get Carr back, but even if we don't Routt is an upgrade in talent, and especially speed. Hes also more physical. Like that sight said Routt was the #19 CB, and Carr was #21. His knock is the penalties he got last year, but he was a Raider, so come on thats a given. Also the TD's he gave up, which is about the same as what Flowers gave up. If Carr was constantly on the #1 WR's like Flowers and Routt last year, he too likely would have given up TD's.

Its a league of QB's and offense, TD's are going to happen... especially on you're top CB assuming hes going against the top WR. Especially since the rules are totally in favor of the offense now.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

Chiefs sign Routt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign Routt   Chiefs sign Routt EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 2:26 am

The Chiefs do have the leverage if Carr wants to come back like he says, but if he isn't... its pretty sad on his part that he could settle for a little more than the 7 million a year that Routt is getting.

But hey, whens the last time a player broke the bank and stayed good? Not to mention improve... Doesn't happen.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

Chiefs sign Routt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign Routt   Chiefs sign Routt EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 2:50 am

Chiefs need to tag Carr and ship him off. We can easily get a 1st for the guy. Wouldnt mind sending him to Detroit which is a rumored place of interest for him. Land a 1st and another pick in the middle of the draft and call it good. I just dont want to let us see him walk for nothing..but we have to agree to terms with Bowe so we dont have to tag him.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

Chiefs sign Routt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign Routt   Chiefs sign Routt EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 12:08 pm

Chiefs GM: Stanford Routt Signing Doesn't Impact Brandon Carr
by Joel Thorman on Feb 21, 2012 8:41 AM CST

Shortly after hearing the news that the Kansas City Chiefs had signed CB Stanford Routt, the reaction by many fans was that this means the end of the Brandon Carr era in Kansas City.

That's not necessarily the case, Chiefs GM Scott Pioli told Steven St. John and Nate Bukaty on 810 WHB this morning.

"I'll say this," Pioli said, "the signing of Stanford Routt does not impact where we're at with Brandon Carr. As a matter of fact, Romeo [Crennel] and I both reached out to Brandon yesterday as this was unfolding and talked to him. I spoke personally with Brandon, and without getting into the details of that conversation, but he knows, and he's known before, he's someone we want to keep here, and he's still someone we want to keep a Chief.

"This signing doesn't eliminate the feelings that we have for Brandon and how we want to have him here. He knows that. He wants to be here. We want him here. If both sides find a deal that makes sense for one another, we'd love to have Brandon back."

That's true. I believe the Chiefs want him back. But, let's be honest, the Routt signing makes it a lot less likely Carr is going to return.

"This happens every year," Pioli said, "there's a couple players, or a player or two, that are good, quality players that end up on the street and they're available prior to free agency and you have an opportunity to make a decision or not.

"Knowing where we're at with the cap situation and knowing some of the plans and things that might happen with our roster...we want to try and keep Brandon here. Nothing was done yet so we saw an opportunity with a player on a very fair contract who really wanted to be a Chief. And we thought it would be a good marriage."

Pioli and Carr's camp will continue talking in the hopes of getting something done. I doubt something does happen, but they won't cut off communications.

Pioli also recognized that the Chiefs are playing with fire by signing Routt, who is a former Raider.

"Him being a former Raider," Pioli said of Routt, "we're trying to clean up his life a little bit and get him out here as a Kansas City Chief. We're trying to make an honest man out of him!" (Yes, of course he was kidding.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chiefs sign Routt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign Routt   Chiefs sign Routt Empty

Back to top Go down

Chiefs sign Routt
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next