ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Latest images  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
Geno Smith
My take on the Chiefs Defense Bar_left45%My take on the Chiefs Defense Bar_right
 45% [ 15 ]
Luke Joekel
My take on the Chiefs Defense Bar_left12%My take on the Chiefs Defense Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Domontre Moore
My take on the Chiefs Defense Bar_left3%My take on the Chiefs Defense Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Jarvis Jones
My take on the Chiefs Defense Bar_left9%My take on the Chiefs Defense Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Manti Te'o
My take on the Chiefs Defense Bar_left3%My take on the Chiefs Defense Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Star Lotulelei
My take on the Chiefs Defense Bar_left6%My take on the Chiefs Defense Bar_right
 6% [ 2 ]
Tyler Wilson
My take on the Chiefs Defense Bar_left12%My take on the Chiefs Defense Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Other
My take on the Chiefs Defense Bar_left9%My take on the Chiefs Defense Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 33
Latest topics
» Bones Stagione 7 Ita
My take on the Chiefs Defense EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 2:04 pm by 

» Paragon Partition Manager 12 10.1.19.15721 Personal
My take on the Chiefs Defense EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:20 pm by 

My take on the Chiefs Defense EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

My take on the Chiefs Defense EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

My take on the Chiefs Defense EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:18 pm by 

Advertisement

My take on the Chiefs Defense

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

My take on the Chiefs Defense Empty
PostSubject: My take on the Chiefs Defense   My take on the Chiefs Defense EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 9:37 pm

The Chiefs didn't make a lot of changes on defense because a lot of the pieces are already there... It was our first year in the 3-4, its expected to be bad. Not to mention the fact who our DC was, everyone should have known what to expect.. I got bashed by the homers last year for saying he was a terrible hire. Not to mention the fact who our DL coach was, he had no business being with the team after how bad he did the previous few years for us.. not to mention the fact he knew nothing about 3-4 defense.

We have two very talented DE's entering their second year in the 3-4 defense... Our DC is one of the best DL coaches in the league, and his DL coach played almost his entire career on Crennel coached teams. Shaun Smith has been terrible in the 4-3 defense, but his two years with Crennel in the 3-4 he was dominate, and honestly should have went to the Pro Bowl one of those years.

Last year Hali was second in the NFL in QB pressures, and likely would have been up there in sacks if we had better DL play last year.. but I can't say that for sure. The talent is there for DJ, and hes finally working to earn a starting job and not to mention its a contract year, so odds are its finally going to be his breakout year. Vrabel is the needed veteran presence, but will hopefully be splitting a lot of time with promising young guns Sheffield, Studebaker, or anyone else who emerges. I personally like Belcher to be the other ILB, but Mays isn't bad at stopping the run either. If our DL can do its job though, the LB's will look good almost regardless of who it is.

As for the Secondary, Flowers and Carr are easily a top ten duo in the NFL. We now have Eric Berry. Hopefully our defense is good enough to mask the weakness at the other safety position, but our other rook emerging would be real nice. It will probably be McGraw, but like Vrabel hes that smart vet you need on the team even if they aren't the most talented.

So all in all our main two weaknesses are the starting spot next to Berry, an ILB next to DJ, possibly the OLB where Vrabel was last year, and NT which I believe Smith won't be a problem. Edwards isn't a terrible NT either, he just can't play all game all year like last year, hes more of a great backup NT. DL shouldn't be a problem at all though under Crennel, the talent is there. If the DL produces, the who defense will produce.
Back to top Go down
http://arrowheaddrive.com
WhoRtheChefs
n00b cake
n00b cake

PostSubject: Re: My take on the Chiefs Defense   My take on the Chiefs Defense EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 3:13 am

Still a few pieces away from elite. However, I do believe our defense will be middle of the pack this year which is a big improvement and a bg step in the right direction.
Back to top Go down
Tamba
n00b cake
n00b cake

PostSubject: Re: My take on the Chiefs Defense   My take on the Chiefs Defense EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 11:34 pm

Our defense it lookin much better then it has previously
Back to top Go down
Tamba
n00b cake
n00b cake

PostSubject: Re: My take on the Chiefs Defense   My take on the Chiefs Defense EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 11:35 pm

I really hope that lewis starts
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: My take on the Chiefs Defense   My take on the Chiefs Defense EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 6:58 pm

Personally since Page isn't going to start at FS, I would rather Berry and have someone like Langford start at SS. But I have no problems with Berry and Lewis being our Safeties. I was saying before the Draft that SS was a position that needs to be a strength in Crennels defense, so that is likely why they moved Berry there.
Back to top Go down
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro
OutlawChief

PostSubject: Re: My take on the Chiefs Defense   My take on the Chiefs Defense EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 4:33 pm

I read somewhere Berry was moved to first team FS and McGraw was 1st team SS.
Back to top Go down
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro
OutlawChief

PostSubject: Re: My take on the Chiefs Defense   My take on the Chiefs Defense EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 4:36 pm

Eric Berry-DB- Chiefs Aug. 9 - 4:53 pm et

The Chiefs are now listing No. 5 overall pick Eric Berry as a free safety.

He's No. 1 on the depth chart ahead of Reshard Langford, while Jon McGraw is the starting strong safety with rookie Kendrick Lewis behind him. McGraw doesn't have great range, so Berry will be positioned for the most plays in Kansas City's secondary even if he's not used much "in the box."
Back to top Go down
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro
chiefbravebull

PostSubject: Re: My take on the Chiefs Defense   My take on the Chiefs Defense EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 5:24 pm

Iwould think that the defense would be better with someone as aggressive as Berry closer to the line of scrimmage.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: My take on the Chiefs Defense   My take on the Chiefs Defense EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 7:00 pm

I'm not sure why they would list him there when he hasn't taken a snap there yet this year.
Back to top Go down
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro
chiefbravebull

PostSubject: Re: My take on the Chiefs Defense   My take on the Chiefs Defense EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 8:05 pm

It doesnt really make any since to me at all. Unless he is the best cover safety we have.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: My take on the Chiefs Defense   My take on the Chiefs Defense EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 8:08 pm

Whoever our second best Safety is, Berry should start at the position the other guy doesn't play.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My take on the Chiefs Defense   My take on the Chiefs Defense Empty

Back to top Go down

My take on the Chiefs Defense
Page 1 of 1