ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Latest images  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
Geno Smith
#1 pick - Page 2 Bar_left45%#1 pick - Page 2 Bar_right
 45% [ 15 ]
Luke Joekel
#1 pick - Page 2 Bar_left12%#1 pick - Page 2 Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Domontre Moore
#1 pick - Page 2 Bar_left3%#1 pick - Page 2 Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Jarvis Jones
#1 pick - Page 2 Bar_left9%#1 pick - Page 2 Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Manti Te'o
#1 pick - Page 2 Bar_left3%#1 pick - Page 2 Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Star Lotulelei
#1 pick - Page 2 Bar_left6%#1 pick - Page 2 Bar_right
 6% [ 2 ]
Tyler Wilson
#1 pick - Page 2 Bar_left12%#1 pick - Page 2 Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Other
#1 pick - Page 2 Bar_left9%#1 pick - Page 2 Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 33
Latest topics
» Bones Stagione 7 Ita
#1 pick - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 2:04 pm by 

» Paragon Partition Manager 12 10.1.19.15721 Personal
#1 pick - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:20 pm by 

#1 pick - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

#1 pick - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

#1 pick - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:18 pm by 

Advertisement

#1 pick

Go down 
+7
KCJay
chiefbravebull
redross006
RustShack
Chiefs09
SylvesterMalone1978
Touchdown Bowe
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

#1 pick - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: #1 pick   #1 pick - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 1:45 am

First topic message reminder :

Read this morning we have an 86% chance of having the first overall pick for the first time in franchise history. Odds are Geno is the pick.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
kcchiefs
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
kcchiefs

#1 pick - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: #1 pick   #1 pick - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 7:56 pm

The more I read about Geno Smith the more I am convinced that he has got to be the way the chiefs go with the number 1 pick. He can make all the throws, he is mobile, good pocket awareness, and the thing that I like the most is that he puts in the extra work you need to be great in this league.

He also spent time with both Peyon Manning and Tom Brady last summer if I remember hearing correctly.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

#1 pick - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: #1 pick   #1 pick - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 2:42 am

Chiefs09 wrote:
I may wind up being wrong on this one. I didnt like the idea of Matt Ryan coming out either and was glad when we didnt get him. Turns out he is okay. You rthink he will be great I think he will be bust. No sense in arguing back and forth for the next 3 years. I think Wilson or Bray have just as much upside and can be had later by trading down. Many think this Glennon kid will be good but cant say I watched a lot of him. Things will change with senior bowls, workouts, and combines. As of now I dont like drafting any QB #1 this year. Maybe come draft time I will be back where I was early on in the season.

Theres no reason why we shouldnt draft Geno at 1. If we dont, Jacksonville will take him at 2. If they dont, Oakland will take him at 3, If they dont, Philly will take him at 4. Trading down and still landing Geno isnt gonna happen.

Its not 2010 anymore either. I think Andrew Luck is working on something like a 4 year 22 million dollar contract? If Geno does bust, oh well. Dump him after 3-4 years and move on. I really doubt we have to worry about it though. Really the more I watch Geno play the more I like him. I'd be willing to bet he absolutely goes off at the senior bowl and locks up the #1 position.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

#1 pick - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: #1 pick   #1 pick - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 11:08 am

Touchdown Bowe wrote:
Chiefs09 wrote:
I may wind up being wrong on this one. I didnt like the idea of Matt Ryan coming out either and was glad when we didnt get him. Turns out he is okay. You rthink he will be great I think he will be bust. No sense in arguing back and forth for the next 3 years. I think Wilson or Bray have just as much upside and can be had later by trading down. Many think this Glennon kid will be good but cant say I watched a lot of him. Things will change with senior bowls, workouts, and combines. As of now I dont like drafting any QB #1 this year. Maybe come draft time I will be back where I was early on in the season.
a
Theres no reason why we shouldnt draft Geno at 1. If we dont, Jacksonville will take him at 2. If they dont, Oakland will take him at 3, If they dont, Philly will take him at 4. Trading down and still landing Geno isnt gonna happen.

Its not 2010 anymore either. I think Andrew Luck is working on something like a 4 year 22 million dollar contract? If Geno does bust, oh well. Dump him after 3-4 years and move on. I really doubt we have to worry about it though. Really the more I watch Geno play the more I like him. I'd be willing to bet he absolutely goes off at the senior bowl and locks up the #1 position.

Amen Brother! Preach the Gospel to those unbelievers! This franchise needs a QB to bring it out of the murky depths that it currently resides, and I believe Geno is the QB that we need to take as well. I may be wrong here. I have watched a lot of his film on youtube, and I watched a lot of Russell Wilson's film last year. I don't see anything on film that labels Geno a bust and/or good coaching can't fix. He is a big, tall, athletic kid who has good pocket awareness, stands in the pocket with his eyes down the field, hard worker who loves football, and a competitor who can make all the throws. I don't know why you don't take him when a team needs a QB. Hopefully we bring ourselves in a good coach this offseason. I don't see any reason in the world why he will not succeed here with the talent that we have on offense and the O line. The more I watch of Geno the more I like him. I do agree that Jacksonville and/or Oakland will take him if we don't.
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

#1 pick - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: #1 pick   #1 pick - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 2:37 pm

I hope we upset Denver and Jacksonville loses.
Back to top Go down
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro
OutlawChief

#1 pick - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: #1 pick   #1 pick - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 7:40 pm

Geno is going to be our pick. Unless another QB goes lights out at the Senior Bowl and Combine. But most likely it will be Geno. Only way it isn't is if KC new front office makes a big play in FA for somebody. I am OK either way. Geno I think is head's and shoulders better than anything we have now. And wouldn't mind to see them make a play for Cousins either.
Back to top Go down
redross006
Amateur
Amateur
redross006

#1 pick - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: #1 pick   #1 pick - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 9:02 pm

Unless we can get a Oline to protect, whoever the pick is will be in trouble because he will spend half of the time on his back and the other half running for his life.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

#1 pick - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: #1 pick   #1 pick - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 9:50 pm

redross006 wrote:
Unless we can get a Oline to protect, whoever the pick is will be in trouble because he will spend half of the time on his back and the other half running for his life.

I think getting Hudson back at center next year will help us physically. I also think having a coaching staff that has a clue will help as well.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

#1 pick - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: #1 pick   #1 pick - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 11:57 pm

I really don't think the OL is all that bad. Its not the HOF OL of the Vermiel era, but neither is anyone elses.
Back to top Go down
http://arrowheaddrive.com
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

#1 pick - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: #1 pick   #1 pick - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 1:09 am

RustShack wrote:
I really don't think the OL is all that bad. Its not the HOF OL of the Vermiel era, but neither is anyone elses.

Its not. Weve been moving guys around and filling in for injuries all year long. Alberts been hurt, Allen didnt come in til a couple weeks into the season, Lilja switched to center, Asamoah missed a little time and Winston has played at both RG and RT this season.

We really didnt perform bad though. I think our OL was actually statistically one of the best ones when it came to time before contact. If we can stay healthy next year and get a QB with pocket presence like oh say a Geno Smith..we'll be fine.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

#1 pick - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: #1 pick   #1 pick - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 1:12 am

We still do have a pretty new/young OL that also had injury problems. I could still improve and gel together better.
Back to top Go down
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro
OutlawChief

#1 pick - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: #1 pick   #1 pick - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 6:10 pm

Doesn't help that our Qbs are poor decision makers. And injuries everywhere. They held their own. But always room for improvement
Back to top Go down
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro
chiefbravebull

#1 pick - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: #1 pick   #1 pick - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 2:36 pm

Our OL is solid if healthy. We just really need a competent QB.
Back to top Go down
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro
OutlawChief

#1 pick - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: #1 pick   #1 pick - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 3:16 pm

Check the new Avatar Geno looks good in Red and Gold.
Back to top Go down
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro
chiefbravebull

#1 pick - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: #1 pick   #1 pick - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 9:25 pm

Ya he does. Geno has the arm to make every throw. THe big knock on him is the system he played in.
Back to top Go down
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro
chiefbravebull

#1 pick - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: #1 pick   #1 pick - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 9:42 pm

Im gonna say it right now, look out for Mike Glennon from NC State. The dude is smart as hell and has a great accurate arm. He threw some picks but he cant be blamed for most of them.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

#1 pick - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: #1 pick   #1 pick - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 1:31 am

Mike Glennon I 6067 I 232 I QB I Senior I North Carolina State

Arm Strength: Mike Glennon possesses the strongest arm of any 2013 QB. There isn’t a throw Glennon can’t make on the field. What I love most about Glennon is that despite the big arm he isn’t always looking to jam it into tight windows. Quarterbacks with big arms often look to throw into windows that aren’t there and become overconfident in their arm strength. Glennon, at times, isn’t trustworthy enough of his arm. His ability to push the ball vertically will draw serious attention come evaluation time.

Accuracy: Coming into the 2012 season, all I heard about Glennon was that he wasn’t accurate enough to be a top prospect. I didn’t see that in any tapes that I watched. He, like most young quarterbacks, tends to lock into his first option and make mistakes trying to do too much with the ball. When Glennon misses it’s usually his feet that are the culprit. He has heavy feet and gets stiff on his front leg. The one consistent spot that Glennon seemed to miss on was balls delivered 15+ outside the hash. While there seems to be a lot of negatives, I’m nitpicking. Bottom line is that when Glennon is in a rhythm, he’s an accurate passer that can light up a defense with his arm talent.

Throwing Mechanics: As discussed, Glennon’s mechanical issues can be attributed to his footwork. He will get stiff on the front leg and throw flat footed. He’s got an over the top delivery that’s picture perfect as he stands at almost 6’7”. From the waist up it’s fun to watch the ball pop off Glennon’s hand. His release is longer than you would like but it comes out with so much velocity that it makes up for the long release.

Mobility/Athleticism: Glennon isn’t going to be many in a foot race but he has the ability to slide and climb the pocket to avoid rushers. I was extremely impressed with Glennon’s ability to throw on roll outs and boot action. For a guy that doesn’t appear to be a great athlete he understands the value of moving the pocket at times.

Pocket Presence: Despite having poor feet, Glennon has a pretty good feel for the pocket and rushers. He does a nice job of seeing the blitz and getting the ball out quickly to his target. There’s plenty of guys excelling in the league with poor feet and Glennon has some of the same attributes. Tom Brady avoids taking shots by getting the ball out quick and is able to slide to avoid pass rushers. Glennon, clearly, isn’t Tom Brady but he shows a similar sense of pressure and ability to get the ball out his hand quickly. My favorite aspect of Glennon’s game is his ability to throw with trash at his feet. Glennon seemed to excel under pressure situations when forced to improvise and check the ball down.

Intangibles/Character: Mike Glennon took over the reins from Russell Wilson and hasn’t looked back since. He’s an intelligent quarterback that has mastered a pro-style offense at N.C. State. Glennon avoids mistakes with his ability to see the defense pre-snap and understanding where the ball needs to go. He didn’t have the best weapons or offensive line at N.C. State and excelled despite that. Glennon took a lot of shots and continued to get back up this season which will earn the respect of an NFL locker room. He appears poised on and off the field which will bode well for his future as an NFL QB.

Size: Glennon is about as physical a presence as they come at the quarterback position. At near 6’7” and 232 pounds he has the prototype body for an NFL QB.

Overall: Mike Glennon will be heavily scrutinized until April’s draft. There’s a ton to like with this guy and he can’t count me as a fan of his game. I think there will be a bunch of varied grades on this guy ranging from 1st to 3rd round. I fall into the first round category. He has NFL tools and is more ready to play than many give him credit for. He played in an NFL system taking snaps under center and in the gun. The pre-draft process will be an important one for Glennon and he’s best served to throw at every opportunity. For me, Glennon possesses the tools to be a capable starter in the NFL and first round pick.

Click here to check out my film study on Glennon done earlier in the college football season.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

#1 pick - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: #1 pick   #1 pick - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 1:32 am

I watched some of Glennon's highlights and he has a cannon for an arm. He may have a better deep ball than Smith.
Back to top Go down
SylvesterMalone1978
All-Pro
All-Pro
SylvesterMalone1978

#1 pick - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: #1 pick   #1 pick - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 2:11 am

Jamarcus Russel had a great arm too.
Back to top Go down
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro
chiefbravebull

#1 pick - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: #1 pick   #1 pick - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 8:25 am

Jamarcus Russell couldnt run an offense because he didnt know what the defense was doing and he was inaccurate as hell. Dude could throw it a mile just didnt know where it was going. Watch some Glennon tape.
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

#1 pick - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: #1 pick   #1 pick - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 8:06 pm

Chiefs | May not use first pick on QB
Mon, 07 Jan 2013 14:15:23 -0800

Kansas City Chiefs head coach Andy Reid said the team does not need to use the first overall pick on a quarterback if they do not think it is the right move. "We've been blessed with the No. 1 pick in the draft. You want to make sure you do the right thing and pick the right thing for that. Not necessarily a quarterback, it doesn't have to be a quarterback. It has to be the right thing," Reid said.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz2HL0iWe25
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

#1 pick - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: #1 pick   #1 pick - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 9:37 pm

If its not a QB it's a DL.. So I'm guessing its a QB.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

#1 pick - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: #1 pick   #1 pick - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 4:08 pm

I dont see the "it" factor with Glennon. At all. I think if Reid goes QB its either Geno or Tyler Wilson.

Supposedly Geno isnt participating in the senior bowl, but Wilson will. I wont be shocked if Wilson absolutely blows the fucking door off the barn either.
Back to top Go down
ccardwell67
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
ccardwell67

#1 pick - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: #1 pick   #1 pick - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 1:29 am

Im hearing from some sources that we might swap ones with the bucs for josh freeman
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

#1 pick - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: #1 pick   #1 pick - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 11:32 pm

If that is all we have to do for him I'm all over it. Not saying freeman is a stud but is very serviceable. That would allow for the CB or LB in 1. I havent been looking at CB in 1 being #1 so cant say I know how this draft is for that position. Then if Wilson does fall to 2 you get a potential steal there. As negative as I have been under the Pioli fiasco I have honestly liked all the moves since. Both my Chiefs and Royals have at least tried since their seasons have ended so I am a very happy KC fan at the moment.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

#1 pick - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: #1 pick   #1 pick - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 2:47 am

Geno or bust. Freeman is an upgrade, but if he was a franchise QB they wouldn't be trading him. Especially to get to #1 in a draft with no elite prospects.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

#1 pick - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: #1 pick   #1 pick - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

#1 pick
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next