ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Latest images  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
Geno Smith
Stanzi time? Bar_left45%Stanzi time? Bar_right
 45% [ 15 ]
Luke Joekel
Stanzi time? Bar_left12%Stanzi time? Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Domontre Moore
Stanzi time? Bar_left3%Stanzi time? Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Jarvis Jones
Stanzi time? Bar_left9%Stanzi time? Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Manti Te'o
Stanzi time? Bar_left3%Stanzi time? Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Star Lotulelei
Stanzi time? Bar_left6%Stanzi time? Bar_right
 6% [ 2 ]
Tyler Wilson
Stanzi time? Bar_left12%Stanzi time? Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Other
Stanzi time? Bar_left9%Stanzi time? Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 33
Latest topics
» Bones Stagione 7 Ita
Stanzi time? EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 2:04 pm by 

» Paragon Partition Manager 12 10.1.19.15721 Personal
Stanzi time? EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:20 pm by 

Stanzi time? EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

Stanzi time? EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

Stanzi time? EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:18 pm by 

Advertisement

Stanzi time?

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

Stanzi time? Empty
PostSubject: Stanzi time?   Stanzi time? EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 1:56 am

Josh Looney Twitter:

Tyler Palko finished game because Matt Cassel was physically unable to continue per Coach Haley
Back to top Go down
http://arrowheaddrive.com
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro
OutlawChief

Stanzi time? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stanzi time?   Stanzi time? EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 6:37 pm

Read Cassel is done for the year and Palko will be starting against New England. This could be bad. Or it could be good who knows how it will play out. I have always been a Cassel supporter. The man has a ton of heart and really tough. He just doesn't have the skill. Maybe it's time to move on and see what these other guys have. I would rather see Stanzi play than Palko.
Back to top Go down
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro
OutlawChief

Stanzi time? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stanzi time?   Stanzi time? EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 6:44 pm

Tyler Palko will be the Chiefs' starting quarterback moving forward with Matt Cassel (hand surgery) out indefinitely.
Palko has tried just 13 career regular season passes, so we had to look up his exhibition game stats for background. In five NFL preseasons, Palko has completed 133-of-243 passes (54.7%) for 1,423 yards (5.86 YPA), five touchdowns, and 12 interceptions while fumbling 10 times and losing four. Undrafted out of Pitt in 2007 due to major talent limitations, Palko's rise to the starting job will hurt the causes of Steve Breaston, Jonathan Baldwin, and Dwayne Bowe. He was a weak-armed scrambling college quarterback, and figures to be on a short leash ahead of fifth-round rookie Ricky Stanzi
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

Stanzi time? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stanzi time?   Stanzi time? EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 9:45 pm

Just go straight to Stanzi.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

Stanzi time? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stanzi time?   Stanzi time? EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 12:55 am

RustShack wrote:
Just go straight to Stanzi.

Hell yes! Fuck Palko, I want to see Stanzi!
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

Stanzi time? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stanzi time?   Stanzi time? EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 12:56 am

Cassell is at least out for 4 weeks they say. The ones who wanted to see Cassell hurt got their wish. We may be in better QB contention than I thought for the Draft!
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

Stanzi time? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stanzi time?   Stanzi time? EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 4:02 am

Watch Palko or Stanzi do just enough to screw us out of a first round QB.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

Stanzi time? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stanzi time?   Stanzi time? EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 12:07 pm

Williamson

"Is Ricky Stanzi a possibility? I think the only way we see Stanzi play this season is if the Chiefs are completely awful with Palko and fall out of the race. The impression I have gotten is the Chiefs don’t think the fifth-round pick is ready to play. But perhaps in December, we could see the Iowa product get a chance to show what he can do."
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

Stanzi time? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stanzi time?   Stanzi time? EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 12:09 pm

Chiefs dont think Stanzi is ready, expect to see Palko. Palko did complete 5 or 6 and lead the Chiefs down the field on that drive. His throws looked a hell of alot better than Cassells. I hope this is the end of Cassell in KC, but Williamson thinks he will be back in 2012. He said the Chiefs are committed to him in the short term.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

Stanzi time? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stanzi time?   Stanzi time? EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 2:30 pm

Brady was inactive for all but one game in his rookie year. He started as the 4th string behind the likes of Drew Bledsoe (the incumbent starter), John Friesz, and Michael Bishop. Gradually, by season's end, he wound up as the 2nd QB, finishing his rookie year with 1 completion for 6 yards.

While Stanzi (due to Cassel's injury) will be activated as the QB2 for the rest of the season instead of only one game, it's worth noting that our staff placed him behind Tyler Palko for the majority of the year. And you can probably assume that without Cassel's injury, he would have stayed inactive much like Brady.

Is this because our coaching staff believes that Palko is a better QB at the moment than Stanzi? You can't honestly watch the preseason games and tell me that. When given a chance to play with the non-rapefartshit offensive line, Stanzi appeared to be far more efficient than Palko. It would seem that simply by all the physical, mental, and talent attributes that got him drafted, he's already a much better option than Tyler Palko, who has demonstrated absolutely nothing to deserve the position he's been given in the NFL.

So to conclude: Brady and Stanzi were both deliberately (by the Patriot Way coaching staffs) smothered at the very bottom of their respective QB depth charts during their rookie years behind inferior backups (and in the Chiefs' case, an inferior starter). They were both kept inactive on gameday for as long as possible.

Some might say, "This is fairly common in the NFL. Nothing to see here." Sure it is. But these two cases are eerily similar and have a significant common thread (Pioli). I wonder if this is just Pioli trying to get lightning to strike twice in the same location or if it was handed down by St. Parcells on some feast day long ago
Back to top Go down
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro
OutlawChief

Stanzi time? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stanzi time?   Stanzi time? EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 7:07 pm

QB Tyler Palko, Chiefs

A fringe NFL talent at best, this weak-armed scrambler went undrafted out of Pitt in 2007. In five NFL preseasons, Palko has completed 133-of-243 passes (54.7 percent) for 1,423 yards (5.86 YPA), five touchdowns, and 12 interceptions while fumbling 10 times. While Palko is certainly comfortable in Todd Haley’s offense, this entire offense gets a massive downgrade with the talent dropoff under center. Palko is more likely to implode than surprise.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

Stanzi time? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stanzi time?   Stanzi time? EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 7:37 pm

Bets here. Do we see Stanzi before or after halftime?
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

Stanzi time? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stanzi time?   Stanzi time? EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 11:30 pm

RustShack wrote:
Bets here. Do we see Stanzi before or after halftime?

only way stanzi gets in, is if Dan Marino gets crushed! I say marino because Palko looks exactly like him with his helmet on
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

Stanzi time? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stanzi time?   Stanzi time? EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 3:33 am

Hopefully he starts playing like Marnio! But if that happens, do we want Marnio or Brady starting!?
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

Stanzi time? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stanzi time?   Stanzi time? EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 10:34 am

RustShack wrote:
Hopefully he starts playing like Marnio! But if that happens, do we want Marnio or Brady starting!?

Brady all the way! I just hope you can rub these 2 fools together and get a decent QB. Thats what i dont understand about Stanzi, I thought I heard somewhere that he could make all the throws and was pretty accurate. Pioli has to know that they arn't gonna win many games in this stretch. You would think he would want to see what he has in Stanzi before the draft. Surely to goodness hes not seriously intertaining the idea of bringing Cassell back. Marino is damn sure not the future! I want RG3! I finally seen a mock, mocking him to the Chiefs at 14. I think when it is all said and done we are going to be picking in the 5 to 8 slot.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

Stanzi time? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stanzi time?   Stanzi time? EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 12:27 pm

Could just be the old Parcells tactic to make Stanzi work harder. Brady was last on the depth chart and inactive most games his rookie year too. Or there's the old theory that he doesn't want to look bad with a 5th round QB out performing his greatly overpaid trade baby.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

Stanzi time? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stanzi time?   Stanzi time? EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 2:38 pm

RustShack wrote:
Could just be the old Parcells tactic to make Stanzi work harder. Brady was last on the depth chart and inactive most games his rookie year too. Or there's the old theory that he doesn't want to look bad with a 5th round QB out performing his greatly overpaid trade baby.

You mean Piolis overpaid trade baby! Thats why I cant see Pioli firing Haley.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

Stanzi time? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stanzi time?   Stanzi time? EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 4:51 am

Id love to see Stanzi get in there and show he's got it..then we wouldnt have to use our 1st on a QB and we can address other issues on the roster.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

Stanzi time? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stanzi time?   Stanzi time? EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 1:32 pm

Would be nice if he had it, but I'm gonna be pissed if Stanzi does just enough to make us pass on a QB but like Cassel, never does much.
Back to top Go down
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro
OutlawChief

Stanzi time? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stanzi time?   Stanzi time? EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 8:21 pm

Matt Cassel heading to injured reserve
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on November 21, 2011, 5:26 PM EST

ReutersJay Cutler may return in the regular season. The Texans haven’t given up hope just yet on Matt Schaub.

The Chiefs, on the other hand, will not get another snap from their starting quarterback this season.

Mike Reiss of ESPNBoston.com reports via a league source that the Chiefs will place Matt Cassel on injured reserve Monday before the team faces the Patriots. Wide receiver Jeremy Horne will be activated from the team’s practice squad.

The Chiefs are in a tough spot with Cassel. He’s proven to be an average starting quarterback, but he’s paid like a superstar. Their ceiling seems limited with him, yet it’s not like they have alternatives to replace him.

Cassel’s contract was structured in a way that he made a lot of money the last three years, and his base salary actually dips in 2012 to $5.25 million. We’d fully expect the Chiefs to retain Cassel, but perhaps draft or sign an alternative.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

Stanzi time? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stanzi time?   Stanzi time? EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 8:44 pm

Please tell me next year is our final year of Cassel. Draft a QB this year and let him sit behind Cassel for a year then let our young star take over! But I guess theres and off chance Palko or Stanzi emerge as stars Stanzi time? 420295
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

Stanzi time? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stanzi time?   Stanzi time? EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 11:13 pm

Palko isn't looking bad at all. That one INT so far wasn't his fault at all... too bad DJ blew that coverage because this game should be tied, at least.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

Stanzi time? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stanzi time?   Stanzi time? EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 1:26 pm

RustShack wrote:
Please tell me next year is our final year of Cassel. Draft a QB this year and let him sit behind Cassel for a year then let our young star take over! But I guess theres and off chance Palko or Stanzi emerge as stars Stanzi time? 420295

I hope thats what happens. Hopefully we have a shot at RG3 or Jones. Palko was way more accurate than Cassell on alot of his throws. If Palko had Cassells experience and game knowledge we would be good to go this year. He is just going to have to play and learn it. I want to see Stanzi at some point, I feel Stanzi should have played in the 4th quarter last night.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

Stanzi time? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stanzi time?   Stanzi time? EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 11:21 pm

I think Palko already showed a lot more flashes than Cassel. I also kind of like that hes a lefty... his QB coach Zorn also is.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

Stanzi time? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stanzi time?   Stanzi time? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 12:06 am

I'm really hoping we claim Orton though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Stanzi time? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stanzi time?   Stanzi time? Empty

Back to top Go down

Stanzi time?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next