ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Latest images  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
Geno Smith
Chiefs sign CB Dunta Robinson Bar_left45%Chiefs sign CB Dunta Robinson Bar_right
 45% [ 15 ]
Luke Joekel
Chiefs sign CB Dunta Robinson Bar_left12%Chiefs sign CB Dunta Robinson Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Domontre Moore
Chiefs sign CB Dunta Robinson Bar_left3%Chiefs sign CB Dunta Robinson Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Jarvis Jones
Chiefs sign CB Dunta Robinson Bar_left9%Chiefs sign CB Dunta Robinson Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Manti Te'o
Chiefs sign CB Dunta Robinson Bar_left3%Chiefs sign CB Dunta Robinson Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Star Lotulelei
Chiefs sign CB Dunta Robinson Bar_left6%Chiefs sign CB Dunta Robinson Bar_right
 6% [ 2 ]
Tyler Wilson
Chiefs sign CB Dunta Robinson Bar_left12%Chiefs sign CB Dunta Robinson Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Other
Chiefs sign CB Dunta Robinson Bar_left9%Chiefs sign CB Dunta Robinson Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 33
Latest topics
» Bones Stagione 7 Ita
Chiefs sign CB Dunta Robinson EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 2:04 pm by 

» Paragon Partition Manager 12 10.1.19.15721 Personal
Chiefs sign CB Dunta Robinson EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:20 pm by 

Chiefs sign CB Dunta Robinson EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

Chiefs sign CB Dunta Robinson EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

Chiefs sign CB Dunta Robinson EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:18 pm by 

Advertisement

Chiefs sign CB Dunta Robinson

Go down 
+4
OutlawChief
redross006
SylvesterMalone1978
BigRatt
8 posters
AuthorMessage
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

Chiefs sign CB Dunta Robinson Empty
PostSubject: Chiefs sign CB Dunta Robinson   Chiefs sign CB Dunta Robinson EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 11:07 am

Dunta Robinson signed by Chiefs: everything we know

"And we're off! The Kansas City Chiefs and Dunta Robinson have agreed to terms on a three-year contract, according to reports. Robinson was a 2004 first round pick by Houston and spent six seasons with the Texans. In March 2010 he signed a six-year, $54 million deal in Atlanta but never fully lived up to expectations. He was cut by Atlanta on March 1 and took free agent visits to the Chiefs and Broncos.The terms of his contract with the Chiefs are unclear at the moment."
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign CB Dunta Robinson   Chiefs sign CB Dunta Robinson EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 11:08 am

A new S perhaps? Seems like he has lost some speed. I read he gave up a lot of yards last year.
Back to top Go down
SylvesterMalone1978
All-Pro
All-Pro
SylvesterMalone1978

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign CB Dunta Robinson   Chiefs sign CB Dunta Robinson EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 2:29 pm

I hope it was just an off year! He used to be real good though!
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign CB Dunta Robinson   Chiefs sign CB Dunta Robinson EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 6:47 pm

Chiefs free agency rumors: Dunta Robinson's 'starter money' means KC no longer interested in Sean Smith

By Joel Thorman on Mar 9 2013, 7:10a  @JoelThorman 166 166

What is starter money? Whatever it is, Dunta Robinson is getting it, according to Pro Football Talk. The Chiefs, after signing Robinson, are said to no longer be interested in Sean Smith.

When evaluating the Dunta Robinson deal, we wrote earlier this morning that it all comes down to the contract he signs. The questions we asked: "So does Robinson get paid like he's going to be manning that spot opposite Flowers? Or does he get paid like someone who's expendable in August?"

It's apparently the former. Robinson is "believed to be getting starter money" from the Chiefs, according to Pro Football Talk, who also reports the Chiefs are no longer interested in Sean Smith, the free agent cornerback for the Miami Dolphins.

All those Sean Smith rumors
*Chiefs 'sniffing around" cornerback market
*Vontae Davis claims Sean Smith talking to KC
*Cornerback is the Chiefs No. 1 need
*The price of Sean Smith? $7-7.5 million per year

The Denver Post pegs that number at $4-6 million, saying that's what Robinson was initially seeking. Robinson visited the Chiefs on Thursday, the Broncos on Friday and then agreed with the Chiefs on Friday night. So the Chiefs probably had a better offer.

Robinson, for his part, should've wanted to get signed quickly. There are a LOT of good cornerbacks on the market so you don't want to let the first wave of free agency pass you up. He needed to get a deal and avoid being all dressed up with nowhere to go.

This isn't the year to be chasing the top corner on the market. The value this year is in the bloated middle class. There are a lot of quality corners hitting the market, and the more that keep coming, the more the market will soften, which will give the Chiefs the best possible value.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign CB Dunta Robinson   Chiefs sign CB Dunta Robinson EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 12:40 pm

by Bill Williamson

“He is pretty aggressive in all facets of playing the position -- which can be good and bad,” Williamson said of Robinson. “It can get him into trouble and he, in turn, can have some coverage lapses. Even though he never lived up to the contract he signed in Atlanta, I would still say he is a starting-caliber cornerback as a No. 2.”

Even as a starter, Robinson often plays the nickel spot in those situations.

And the Chiefs might not be out of the cornerback market. The NFL Network reports that the team has made contact with representatives of Miami’s Sean Smith. That move had been expected. Smith would start in Kansas City if signed, and the signing would give the Chiefs a powerhouse cornerback group.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign CB Dunta Robinson   Chiefs sign CB Dunta Robinson EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 12:42 pm

According to Williamson they have been in contact with Sean Smith's agent after signing Dunta. If they sign Smith then they could move Dunta to S or the nickel position.
Back to top Go down
redross006
Amateur
Amateur
redross006

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign CB Dunta Robinson   Chiefs sign CB Dunta Robinson EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 2:14 pm

Y'all need t get up to date.... it is being reported that the Chiefs are now out of the runnig for Smith.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign CB Dunta Robinson   Chiefs sign CB Dunta Robinson EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 6:40 pm

I just read that on espn not to long ago.
Back to top Go down
SylvesterMalone1978
All-Pro
All-Pro
SylvesterMalone1978

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign CB Dunta Robinson   Chiefs sign CB Dunta Robinson EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 10:57 pm

Now it's being reported that he DIDN'T get starters money. So he might only be a Nickel or a Safety.
Back to top Go down
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro
OutlawChief

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign CB Dunta Robinson   Chiefs sign CB Dunta Robinson EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 6:56 pm

Last I heard he will play nickel or FS. And that we are still in the market for CB. Most likely DRC. Hear Sean Smith is asking way to much. So we bailed out.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign CB Dunta Robinson   Chiefs sign CB Dunta Robinson EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 8:14 pm

I'd be willing to bet he's our new FS. If he has a good year I think he'll stick around for the full contract, if not, he'll be cut. Wont hurt our cap either.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign CB Dunta Robinson   Chiefs sign CB Dunta Robinson EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 8:18 pm

Touchdown Bowe wrote:
I'd be willing to bet he's our new FS. If he has a good year I think he'll stick around for the full contract, if not, he'll be cut. Wont hurt our cap either.

Me to! I'm not really to excited about him at CB. I seen some gif's of McCluster tearing his ass up last year.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign CB Dunta Robinson   Chiefs sign CB Dunta Robinson EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 8:21 pm

He's pretty much done at CB. He was solid in Houston. I guess he had an injury his last season there and alot of people said he hasnt been the same since. Guy isnt afraid to hit though. Thats something weve lacked at FS because of Lewis' inability to tackle.
Back to top Go down
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro
chiefbravebull

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign CB Dunta Robinson   Chiefs sign CB Dunta Robinson EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 8:27 pm

It is a good signing if he is a nickel or FS guy. I hope we still bring in another guy capable of being a number one through FA.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign CB Dunta Robinson   Chiefs sign CB Dunta Robinson EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 9:09 pm

I still think Lewis can be pretty good.
Back to top Go down
http://arrowheaddrive.com
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign CB Dunta Robinson   Chiefs sign CB Dunta Robinson EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 4:03 pm

Lewis cant stay healthy. Lewis cant tackle. When he does tackle he hurts his shoulder. His coverage is alright but nothing great. Wouldnt mind letting him go.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign CB Dunta Robinson   Chiefs sign CB Dunta Robinson EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 5:44 pm

I must have a bad memory, Lewis seemed good his rookie year. Only bad last year when he was hurt. I seem to remember our backup safeties being the ones getting burned.
Back to top Go down
KCJay
Pro
Pro
KCJay

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign CB Dunta Robinson   Chiefs sign CB Dunta Robinson EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 10:17 pm

Andy Reid told the media after the Smith presser "We have another defensive guy here in the building that we are courting."
-----------------

Anyone have an idea who that may be?
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign CB Dunta Robinson   Chiefs sign CB Dunta Robinson EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 2:30 pm

Sean Smith!
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign CB Dunta Robinson   Chiefs sign CB Dunta Robinson EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 11:09 pm

RustShack wrote:
I must have a bad memory, Lewis seemed good his rookie year. Only bad last year when he was hurt. I seem to remember our backup safeties being the ones getting burned.

He was very promising his rookie year. Didnt play 4 games though. Played a full 2011 season and was pretty good that year too. 2012 he just looked awful though. If I remember right he had offseason shoulder surgery before the 2012 season..I think it was preseason actually..but he reinjured it again during the season and just didnt play the same. I'd take him as our backup but I'd highly prefer Robinson starting at FS over Lewis.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign CB Dunta Robinson   Chiefs sign CB Dunta Robinson EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 11:16 pm

I don't mind Lewis starting, but Robinson might be our starter now anyways after signing Sean Smith. I would say move Robinson to the Nb then Lewis Safety in Nickle Situations, but Arenas is still a pretty good NB. We are suddenly STACKED at both CB and Saftey for sure though!
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign CB Dunta Robinson   Chiefs sign CB Dunta Robinson EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 11:29 pm

Definitely. Flowers, Smith, Robinson, Lewis, Berry, and Arenas is an impressive group. I'd say we'll still take another Safety or DB later in the draft but its not as big of a need as it was prior to the signing of Robinson/Smith. We are really gonna matchup well against Manning in Denver.

Thomas - Smith
Decker - Flowers/Robinson
Welker - Arenas/Flowers

Theres several different ways we can matchup and that really benefits us.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign CB Dunta Robinson   Chiefs sign CB Dunta Robinson EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 12:05 am

Flower
Smith
(Robinson)
Arenas
Brown
(Daniels)

Berry
(Robinson)
Lewis
Abdullah
(Daniels)
(Menzie)

Pretty stacked.... far better than what we've had. (guys who could play either)
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign CB Dunta Robinson   Chiefs sign CB Dunta Robinson EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 12:13 am

The Kansas City Chiefs made a big deal Thursday in signing Sean Smith. Smith was one of the best cornerbacks available, and it was another nice move by the Chiefs.

Both Denver and Kansas City have made strong plays in the free-agent market, while the Raiders and Chargers are looking for some bargains because of salary-cap restraints.

Great passing-game battle twice a year: The Smith signing gives the Chiefs a cornerback trio of Brandon Flowers, Dunta Robinson and Smith. Robinson, signed Friday, will likely play a lot of nickel and could play safety in some situations.

I asked Matt Williamson of Scouts Inc. if this is the best trio of cornerbacks in the NFL. This is what he had to say: “What stands out right away is just how physical these three are. Flowers certainly can mix it up versus the run or pass. Smith is gigantic and can really bang receivers around in press and through the route. Robinson is a big hitter who is quick to insert in the run game and throw his body around. I see Robinson in somewhat of a Charles Woodson cornerback/safety hybrid -- and he could do that very well. I wouldn’t say that overall this group has great speed, but it is tough to come up with another cornerback threesome that is their equal off the top of my head.”

Of course, the Chiefs finalized this group after Denver sealed what is likely the NFL’s best receiving group when it added slot star Wes Welker to its already effective duo of Demaryius Thomas and Eric Decker.

So the NFL’s best receiving trio will face perhaps the league’s best group of cornerbacks twice a season. How fun is that going to be?

Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign CB Dunta Robinson   Chiefs sign CB Dunta Robinson EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 12:14 am

Williams thinks we might have the best group of CBs in the NFL. Denver added Welker and Cromartie! This could shake out for some interesting division battles!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign CB Dunta Robinson   Chiefs sign CB Dunta Robinson Empty

Back to top Go down

Chiefs sign CB Dunta Robinson
Page 1 of 1