ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Latest images  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
Geno Smith
Eagles hire Chip Kelly Bar_left45%Eagles hire Chip Kelly Bar_right
 45% [ 15 ]
Luke Joekel
Eagles hire Chip Kelly Bar_left12%Eagles hire Chip Kelly Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Domontre Moore
Eagles hire Chip Kelly Bar_left3%Eagles hire Chip Kelly Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Jarvis Jones
Eagles hire Chip Kelly Bar_left9%Eagles hire Chip Kelly Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Manti Te'o
Eagles hire Chip Kelly Bar_left3%Eagles hire Chip Kelly Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Star Lotulelei
Eagles hire Chip Kelly Bar_left6%Eagles hire Chip Kelly Bar_right
 6% [ 2 ]
Tyler Wilson
Eagles hire Chip Kelly Bar_left12%Eagles hire Chip Kelly Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Other
Eagles hire Chip Kelly Bar_left9%Eagles hire Chip Kelly Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 33
Latest topics
» Bones Stagione 7 Ita
Eagles hire Chip Kelly EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 2:04 pm by 

» Paragon Partition Manager 12 10.1.19.15721 Personal
Eagles hire Chip Kelly EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:20 pm by 

Eagles hire Chip Kelly EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

Eagles hire Chip Kelly EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

Eagles hire Chip Kelly EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:18 pm by 

Advertisement

Eagles hire Chip Kelly

Go down 
+2
SylvesterMalone1978
BigRatt
6 posters
AuthorMessage
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

Eagles hire Chip Kelly Empty
PostSubject: Eagles hire Chip Kelly   Eagles hire Chip Kelly EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 6:30 pm

Well this came out of nowhere... After spurning the team about a week ago and announcing he would return to college, Oregon Ducks coach Chip Kelly has reportedly had a change of heart and accepted the head coaching job with the Philadelphia Eagles. The news was confirmed by the team just moments ago.

“Chip Kelly will be an outstanding head coach for the Eagles,” said Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie. “He has a brilliant football mind. He motivates his team with his actions as well as his words. He will be a great leader for us and will bring a fresh energetic approach to our team.”

So after an exhaustive search that seemed to begin with Chip Kelly as the Eagles #1 target, he ends up being the guy after all. The two sides held a much publicized 9 hour meeting in Arizona after Oregon's big victory over Kansas State in the Fiesta Bowl. Clearly a relationship was built there and set the groundwork for his eventual move to Philadelphia.

Kelly compiled a 46-7 record over 4 years as head coach of Oregon and has built the Ducks into a national powerhouse. He's never finished out of first place in the Pac-10/12 and has wins in the Rose and Fiesta bowls during that time. His teams haven't finished the season ranked out of the top 5 since 2009.

Kelly is of course known for his innovative, high tempo offense that has lit up college football and has already begun to influence the NFL with teams like the Patriots. During his time in Eugene, the Ducks have averaged an astounding 44.7 points per game. Can he adapt his schemes to the NFL? This is one of the many questions that will be answered in the coming years.

For now, the good news is that the search is over. The Eagles have their coach and after all the twists and turns in this search, they ended up getting their man.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Eagles hire Chip Kelly   Eagles hire Chip Kelly EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 6:31 pm

Can't say as I'm not a little bit jealous. Eagles went out and got a fresh innovative mind and we got the left overs! I never have liked Reid so he has some work to do to when me over! He will have to earn my respect.
Back to top Go down
SylvesterMalone1978
All-Pro
All-Pro
SylvesterMalone1978

PostSubject: Re: Eagles hire Chip Kelly   Eagles hire Chip Kelly EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 12:50 am

Will be interesting to see if it can translate. I think ND and Alabamas coaches would have a better chance in the NFL.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

PostSubject: Re: Eagles hire Chip Kelly   Eagles hire Chip Kelly EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 5:03 pm

I thought I heard on the radio that people thought Chip heard about possible sanctions and called the Eagles back up and took the job. I mean it makes sense too.

He'll be a great hire for that team though. Jackson, Vick, McCoy..all toys he has to work with his new wide open offense. Thatll be fun to watch.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

PostSubject: Re: Eagles hire Chip Kelly   Eagles hire Chip Kelly EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 5:05 pm

BigRatt wrote:
Can't say as I'm not a little bit jealous. Eagles went out and got a fresh innovative mind and we got the left overs! I never have liked Reid so he has some work to do to when me over! He will have to earn my respect.

Reid is a good coach. He's put together a solid coaching staff so far. Player changes are coming as soon as the super bowl ends.

Guys like John Fox and Tom Coughlin needed changes to become successful as well. Reid will likely be the same.

If you were for signing Bill Cowher, then you should be for Andy Reid. Honestly he's a better coach than Cowher. Cowher was a mediocre coach who made runs in the playoffs once in a while, but nothing consistantly like Reid.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Eagles hire Chip Kelly   Eagles hire Chip Kelly EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 5:58 pm

Reid is better than Cowher. Cowher is the most overrated HC ever. It wouldn't even be close it McNabb didn't choke in the Super Bowl.
Back to top Go down
http://arrowheaddrive.com
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Eagles hire Chip Kelly   Eagles hire Chip Kelly EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 7:42 pm

Touchdown Bowe wrote:
BigRatt wrote:

Reid is a good coach. He's put together a solid coaching staff so far. Player changes are coming as soon as the super bowl ends.

Guys like John Fox and Tom Coughlin needed changes to become successful as well. Reid will likely be the same.

If you were for signing Bill Cowher, then you should be for Andy Reid. Honestly he's a better coach than Cowher. Cowher was a mediocre coach who made runs in the playoffs once in a while, but nothing consistantly like Reid.

Wasn't really a big fan of Cowher either. It was clear that anything was better than what we had. I lived in Northern Virginia for 8 years and attended a lot of Redskin games. I have always had a fond hatred for Philly! Philly and Dallas have always been teams that I just couldn't freaking stand.
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Eagles hire Chip Kelly   Eagles hire Chip Kelly EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 12:44 am

RustShack wrote:
Reid is better than Cowher. Cowher is the most overrated HC ever. It wouldn't even be close it McNabb didn't choke in the Super Bowl.

Reid
Regular season- 130-93-1 (.583)
Postseason- 10-9 (.526)
5 NFC championship games

Cowher
Regular season 149-90 (.623)
Postseason 12-9 (.571)
6 AFC championship games
1 SB win
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Eagles hire Chip Kelly   Eagles hire Chip Kelly EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 3:12 am

Reid's record has been tarnished the last few years and when Banner started taking control of the team, forcing guys like Heckert out, and having more say in the players Reid coached than Reid. Banner to the Eagles starting in 09 essentially became Pioli to us. Not to mention the off the field/family problems he's had recently on top of that.

I wouldn't be surprised if Morningwig was forced upon him too. Strange he's Reid's first OC who called the plays, and Reid wanted nothing to do with him here.
Back to top Go down
http://arrowheaddrive.com
SylvesterMalone1978
All-Pro
All-Pro
SylvesterMalone1978

PostSubject: Re: Eagles hire Chip Kelly   Eagles hire Chip Kelly EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 3:18 am

I think Reid was on track to be better, Cowher didn't have a ring at this stage though. Plus the offensive coaches are the hot flavor and future currently. Not the conservative style of Cowher and other defensive guys.
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Eagles hire Chip Kelly   Eagles hire Chip Kelly EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 11:00 am

I love the Reid hire. Just pointing out that Cowher was just as good. 6 AFC championship games in 15 years is much better than most
Back to top Go down
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro
OutlawChief

PostSubject: Re: Eagles hire Chip Kelly   Eagles hire Chip Kelly EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 5:14 pm

Yeah agree with Chiefs09. Like the Reid hire but I would never call Cowher overrated
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eagles hire Chip Kelly   Eagles hire Chip Kelly Empty

Back to top Go down

Eagles hire Chip Kelly
Page 1 of 1