ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Latest images  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
Geno Smith
Chiefs Hire Adam Zimmer Bar_left45%Chiefs Hire Adam Zimmer Bar_right
 45% [ 15 ]
Luke Joekel
Chiefs Hire Adam Zimmer Bar_left12%Chiefs Hire Adam Zimmer Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Domontre Moore
Chiefs Hire Adam Zimmer Bar_left3%Chiefs Hire Adam Zimmer Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Jarvis Jones
Chiefs Hire Adam Zimmer Bar_left9%Chiefs Hire Adam Zimmer Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Manti Te'o
Chiefs Hire Adam Zimmer Bar_left3%Chiefs Hire Adam Zimmer Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Star Lotulelei
Chiefs Hire Adam Zimmer Bar_left6%Chiefs Hire Adam Zimmer Bar_right
 6% [ 2 ]
Tyler Wilson
Chiefs Hire Adam Zimmer Bar_left12%Chiefs Hire Adam Zimmer Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Other
Chiefs Hire Adam Zimmer Bar_left9%Chiefs Hire Adam Zimmer Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 33
Latest topics
» Bones Stagione 7 Ita
Chiefs Hire Adam Zimmer EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 2:04 pm by 

» Paragon Partition Manager 12 10.1.19.15721 Personal
Chiefs Hire Adam Zimmer EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:20 pm by 

Chiefs Hire Adam Zimmer EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

Chiefs Hire Adam Zimmer EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

Chiefs Hire Adam Zimmer EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:18 pm by 

Advertisement

Chiefs Hire Adam Zimmer

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

Chiefs Hire Adam Zimmer Empty
PostSubject: Chiefs Hire Adam Zimmer   Chiefs Hire Adam Zimmer EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 6:59 pm

The Kansas City Chiefs announced the hiring of Adam Zimmer as the club’s defensive assistant/assistant linebackers coach on Tuesday.

Zimmer joins Head Coach Todd Haley’s staff after serving in a similar capacity the past four seasons with New Orleans (2006-09). During his tenure with the Saints, he was part of a New Orleans coaching staff that helped guide the franchise to a victory in Super Bowl XLIV, as well as a pair of NFC Championship Game appearances. The Ogden, Utah native was a four-year letterman as a defensive back at Trinity (TX) University. He is the son of Cincinnati Bengals defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer.
Back to top Go down
http://arrowheaddrive.com
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs Hire Adam Zimmer   Chiefs Hire Adam Zimmer EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 7:03 pm

Great addition..yet another coach with super bowl experience
Back to top Go down
ccardwell67
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
ccardwell67

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs Hire Adam Zimmer   Chiefs Hire Adam Zimmer EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 7:27 pm

maybe our future D coordinator when romeo hangs it up?
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs Hire Adam Zimmer   Chiefs Hire Adam Zimmer EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 7:31 pm

Probably not. Hes not from the Parcells tree.
Back to top Go down
ccardwell67
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
ccardwell67

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs Hire Adam Zimmer   Chiefs Hire Adam Zimmer EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 7:38 pm

wasnt zimmer parcells dc in dallas for awhile?
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs Hire Adam Zimmer   Chiefs Hire Adam Zimmer EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 7:56 pm

I know his dad was with the Cowboys with Parcells.. I'm not sure if Adam was though.
Back to top Go down
ccardwell67
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
ccardwell67

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs Hire Adam Zimmer   Chiefs Hire Adam Zimmer EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 8:01 pm

probably not i just wondered since his dad coached under parcells if the six degrees of seperation would work. no biggie by the time romeo retires we will hopefully be a desired location
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs Hire Adam Zimmer   Chiefs Hire Adam Zimmer EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 8:13 pm

Well he could of been there.. Gibbs who was the Saints DC before coming over here as LB coach was with the Cowboys under Parcells too. A dark horse whos played in this scheme with multiple teams and is now our DL coach could be a candidate too
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs Hire Adam Zimmer   Chiefs Hire Adam Zimmer EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 11:54 pm

Im not worried about who's gonna replace Crennel at all..Im just looking forward to the changes he can make with this defense
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs Hire Adam Zimmer   Chiefs Hire Adam Zimmer EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 11:55 pm

Yeah hopefully we keep him and Weis both around for awhile.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs Hire Adam Zimmer   Chiefs Hire Adam Zimmer EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 1:59 am

Zimmer also has ties to our newest WR Urban...

Trinity Grad Adam Zimmer Coaching With Saints in NFC Championship

New Orleans - Trinity graduate Adam Zimmer will be on the sidelines when the New Orleans Saints host the Minnesota Vikings for the NFC Championship on Sunday, Jan. 24.

But Zimmer, a 2006 business administration graduate of Trinity, won't just cheer on the hot Saints to victory. He is in his fourth year as a defensive assistant/linebackers coach with New Orleans. Zimmer assists in preparing the linebackers in all facets of the game.

Zimmer, who played safety for the Tigers from 2002-2005, treasured his time on the Trinity football team.

"Playing at Trinity really helped me in coaching," Zimmer said. "Growing up, I pretty much knew that I wanted to follow in my dad's and grand dad's footsteps. I knew the best way to do that is play as long as I could, and Trinity gave me that ability. We had some great team, and I learned a lot about the game."

Zimmer's father, Mike, was the defensive coordinator of the Dallas Cowboys, and now holds the same position with the Cincinnati Bengals. His "grand dad" was a high school coach in Illinois for 35 years.

There were two Trinity connections in the Saints' 45-14 NFC Divisional title game over the Arizona Cardinals on Jan. 17 at the Louisiana Superdome. In addition to Zimmer, former Tiger star Jerheme Urban snagged two passes for the Cardinals. Zimmer, who entered Trinity during Urban's final season, described him as his "big brother," assigned by head coach Steve Mohr. The two former teammates had dinner the night before the playoff game.

As for the upcoming NFC title game with the Vikings, Zimmer had this to say: "Some of the best fans in the league are in New Orleans. I know that dome will be rocking from the opening kickoff, and hopefully we can keep it loud most of the day. With all this city has been through, the fans deserve a moment like this, and to see their team in its first Super Bowl."
Back to top Go down
ccardwell67
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
ccardwell67

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs Hire Adam Zimmer   Chiefs Hire Adam Zimmer EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 8:51 pm

ya im loving this coaching staff. i really hope we can keep them together for a long time
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs Hire Adam Zimmer   Chiefs Hire Adam Zimmer Empty

Back to top Go down

Chiefs Hire Adam Zimmer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ARROWHEAD DRIVE :: The Lounge-
Jump to: