ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Latest images  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
Geno Smith
In two years...  Bar_left45%In two years...  Bar_right
 45% [ 15 ]
Luke Joekel
In two years...  Bar_left12%In two years...  Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Domontre Moore
In two years...  Bar_left3%In two years...  Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Jarvis Jones
In two years...  Bar_left9%In two years...  Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Manti Te'o
In two years...  Bar_left3%In two years...  Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Star Lotulelei
In two years...  Bar_left6%In two years...  Bar_right
 6% [ 2 ]
Tyler Wilson
In two years...  Bar_left12%In two years...  Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Other
In two years...  Bar_left9%In two years...  Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 33
Latest topics
» Bones Stagione 7 Ita
In two years...  EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 2:04 pm by 

» Paragon Partition Manager 12 10.1.19.15721 Personal
In two years...  EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:20 pm by 

In two years...  EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

In two years...  EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

In two years...  EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:18 pm by 

Advertisement

In two years...

Go down 
+3
Touchdown Bowe
Chiefs09
RustShack
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

In two years...  Empty
PostSubject: In two years...    In two years...  EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 5:32 pm

Who is our GM, HC, and QB?
Back to top Go down
http://arrowheaddrive.com
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

In two years...  Empty
PostSubject: Re: In two years...    In two years...  EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 5:37 pm

GM will be the same unfortunately. QB I will say is Barkley but I hope it is Geno. Who knows about the HC. Knowing that Pioli wont let a HC do his job it will be a yes man for Pioli and nobody good.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

In two years...  Empty
PostSubject: Re: In two years...    In two years...  EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 5:42 pm

Reason I said two years is because thats after Pioli's contract expires. So only way he stays is if he puts in ego aside, drafts a first round QB, and this team shows significant progress next year.

Something has to be done with the coaching staff... but I don't think a HC has ever been fired after one year. It would be real nice if Crennel would volunteer to just go back to DC, but 99% sure that wont happen.
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

In two years...  Empty
PostSubject: Re: In two years...    In two years...  EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 8:23 pm

Kansas City Chiefs: General Manager Scott Pioli Doesn't Deserve an Extension Yet
By Farzin Vousoughian (Featured Columnist) on October 14, 2012 972 reads 9
Use your ← → (arrow) keys to browse more storiesNext
Denny Medley-US PRESSWIRE
Updated: 7:25 p.m. ET

Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports reported Sunday morning that Kansas City Chiefs general manager Scott Pioli was offered a two-year extension this week by owner Clark Hunt. The deal has yet to be signed.

What is it that Hunt sees in Pioli that made him offer an extension, if this report is true?

Just less than a year ago, Pioli fired Todd Haley, the first head coach he hired in 2009. Romeo Crennel, Pioli's second head coach, has coached the Chiefs to a 1-4 record.

The Chiefs have a 22-32 record under Pioli, including the playoff loss to the Baltimore Ravens. The Chiefs have yet to capture their first playoff victory since 1994.

Pioli traded for Matt Cassel and signed him to a six-year deal worth $63 million before the 2009 season got underway. Looking at Cassel now, he has not done much, and the 2010 Pro Bowl bid is due to the easy schedule the Chiefs had.

Pioli's draft has not been impressive either. Tyson Jackson was a big mistake with the third overall pick in 2009 and has not made much noise. Pioli has not signed nor drafted a player who made an impact for multiple seasons. His best draft pick might be the final pick in the 2009 draft, kicker Ryan Succop.

Looking back at the Chiefs' limited amount of success, there is no reason why Pioli deserves a two-year extension. But Hunt thinks otherwise.

Just last week, a fan flew a banner above Arrowhead Stadium. The sign pleaded to fire Pioli, as well as bench Cassel.

UPDATE

The Kansas City Star is reporting that Pioli was never offered an extension. The Chiefs said they do not comment on contracts of employees who are not players.

Flag
Kansas City Chiefs: Like this team?
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

In two years...  Empty
PostSubject: Re: In two years...    In two years...  EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 11:41 pm

Scott Pioli...Josh McDaniels...Matt Cassel
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

In two years...  Empty
PostSubject: Re: In two years...    In two years...  EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 12:26 am

McDaniels probably is next in line if Pioli is next. But I want to say if Pioli chooses to keep Cassel in the offseason, he wont be here.
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

In two years...  Empty
PostSubject: Re: In two years...    In two years...  EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 12:37 am

I wonder if a GM has ever gotten an extension during a 1-15 season or even a 3-13 season. They might sneak 2 more wins in somewhere.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

In two years...  Empty
PostSubject: Re: In two years...    In two years...  EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 12:40 am

I don't freaking care for USC QB's. Palmer, Cassell, Leinart all shit. I hope the pick is Geno Smith. If we lose out we will get him. The year to go 1-15 was definitely last year though.
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

In two years...  Empty
PostSubject: Re: In two years...    In two years...  EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 12:45 am

BigRatt wrote:
I don't freaking care for USC QB's. Palmer, Cassell, Leinart all shit. I hope the pick is Geno Smith. If we lose out we will get him. The year to go 1-15 was definitely last year though.

Keitzman on 810 thinks Geno Smith is better than RG3. I dont see it myself but I'd sure love the pick.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

In two years...  Empty
PostSubject: Re: In two years...    In two years...  EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 12:47 am

Pioli isnt getting any type of extension until this team starts winning games.
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

In two years...  Empty
PostSubject: Re: In two years...    In two years...  EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 12:53 am

Touchdown Bowe wrote:
Pioli isnt getting any type of extension until this team starts winning games.

If thats true then we only have 1 more year of Pioli. Makes more sense to let Pioli and Crennel go this year and have a new GM and HC start off with their QBOTF. But that wont happen because Hunt wont want to eat tat much money.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

In two years...  Empty
PostSubject: Re: In two years...    In two years...  EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 1:06 am

The only way Pioli gets an extension is if he fixes the QB position during the offseason, and we are clearly on the ups during the year. Clark might even wait for it to expire to see how the whole year unfolds.
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

In two years...  Empty
PostSubject: Re: In two years...    In two years...  EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 1:14 am

He needs to fix more than the QB positon. He will need to replace at least 1 DE spot if not both. e still need CB help in a bad way. Need another ILB bad. and they are either going to overpay Albert or look for LT. Not saying Albert is bad just that he will have some leverage in talks knowing there is absolutely no replacement for him already on the team and they have to daft a QB in 1 next year.
Back to top Go down
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro
chiefbravebull

In two years...  Empty
PostSubject: Re: In two years...    In two years...  EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 10:28 am

I would like to see someone like Eric DeCosta from the Ravens get a chance to be a GM and bring some of the Ravens personel successes to KC. Someone like Greg Roman from San Francisco or Brian Schottenheimer for HC. Someone who is more offensive minded and has some fresh blood and new ideas. The only deal would be someone who would hire a DC who would keep the 3-4 base defense. I think we will draft a QB. Smith would be great.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

In two years...  Empty
PostSubject: Re: In two years...    In two years...  EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 12:32 pm

Bill Maas on 610 expects Pioli to be fired this week...
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

In two years...  Empty
PostSubject: Re: In two years...    In two years...  EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 12:38 pm

RustShack wrote:

Yep. Been listening to 610 a little this morning myself. Hard to believe they would even consider firing a football god.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

In two years...  Empty
PostSubject: Re: In two years...    In two years...  EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 1:23 pm

In a few years it will be the same story as it is currently. Except instead of Carl/Herm, it will be most of the good players on the team were brought in by Pioli. Hopefully the next regime allows eachother to do their own jobs and gets the Wins the team has the talent to do.
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

In two years...  Empty
PostSubject: Re: In two years...    In two years...  EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 1:40 pm

In a few years his biggest acquisitions will be gone. Jackson wont be here. Cassel wont be here. Baldwin will only be here because Bowe will be gone. And they will still be hoping Poe eventually turns into something more than a combine warrior. Routt will be gone. Hillis will be gone. Houston wil be a stud. hopefully Berry will be too but even he has been horrible so far this year.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

In two years...  Empty
PostSubject: Re: In two years...    In two years...  EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 4:17 pm

RustShack wrote:

No shit! I haven't heard that.
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

In two years...  Empty
PostSubject: Re: In two years...    In two years...  EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 4:25 pm

Was all over 610 this morning
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

In two years...  Empty
PostSubject: Re: In two years...    In two years...  EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 4:29 pm

Chiefs09 wrote:
Was all over 610 this morning

I don't ever get to listen to 610 being 4 hours south. I wonder if its on the internet?
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

In two years...  Empty
PostSubject: Re: In two years...    In two years...  EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 4:33 pm

I think so. I like both morning shows. Used to listen to the 2-5 show a lot too til Wright left for Houston
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

In two years...  Empty
PostSubject: Re: In two years...    In two years...  EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 4:34 pm

Fescoe is full of himself but he is fun to listen to
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

In two years...  Empty
PostSubject: Re: In two years...    In two years...  EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 4:38 pm

At least one former Chief thinks Pioli’s days are numbered
THE KANSAS CITY STAR
More News
Are the Chiefs the worst of the NFL’s worst?
At least one former Chief thinks Pioli’s days are numbered
Source: No contract extension for Chiefs’ Pioli
Report: Pioli offered two-year contract extension
QB switch doesn’t change Chiefs’ fortunes in loss to Tampa Bay
Halftime report: Chiefs, Buccaneers
Teicher: Pregame blog post
Notes: Chiefs re-sign center Mattison
Chiefs start crafting offensive plan with Quinn at QB
Quinn steps in at QB as Cassel is hurt late in loss
Despite injury, Derrick Johnson suits up against Ravens
Former Chiefs lineman Bill Maas had strong words this morning regarding his vision for the future of the organization. A future that, as he sees it, does not include current general manager Scott Pioli.

Speaking with Bob Fescoe this morning on KCSP (610 AM), Maas said he expected Chiefs chairman Clark Hunt to part ways with Pioli during the 1-5 Chiefs’ bye week.

If that happens, who might come next? Popular names, at least among fans, include coaches-turned-broadcasters Bill Cowher and Jon Gruden … and former Chiefs coach Marty Schottenheimer.

“They can come in and take control of this team and … instantly turn this organization around,” Maas said in an on-air interview.

Maas likened the Chiefs’ current situation to 1988, when Schottenheimer was brought in and revitalized the franchise.

The Chiefs went 4-11-1 in 1988, 8-7-1 in 1989, and 11-5 in 1990, when they made the playoffs as a wild card — the beginning of a turnaround that led to sustained, regular-season success throughout the 1990s.

“It can happen that quick,” Maas said. “I expect it to.”

There is recent precedent for removal of a GM during the season. In 2008, the Detroit Lions started 0-3 and parted ways with Matt Millen on Sept. 28, the team’s bye week. The Lions went 0-16 that season.

Speculation about Pioli’s future in Kansas City reached new fervor on Sunday, when CBS Sports’ Jason La Canfora reported that an NFL source had told him the Chiefs had recently offered Pioli a two-year contract extension.

After the Chiefs lost 38-10 at Tampa Bay, a source told The Star’s Adam Teicher that the Chiefs had not even discussed a contract extension with Pioli.

Posted on Mon, Oct. 15, 2012 10:06 AM

ShareEmailPrin

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2012/10/15/3867837/at-least-one-former-chief-thinks.html#storylink=cpy
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

In two years...  Empty
PostSubject: Re: In two years...    In two years...  EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 12:47 pm

New information surfacing. Todd Haley wanted to sign Matt Hasselbeck, Pioli refused to bring in competition.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

In two years...  Empty
PostSubject: Re: In two years...    In two years...  Empty

Back to top Go down

In two years...
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next