ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Latest images  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
Geno Smith
Chiefs OL Bar_left45%Chiefs OL Bar_right
 45% [ 15 ]
Luke Joekel
Chiefs OL Bar_left12%Chiefs OL Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Domontre Moore
Chiefs OL Bar_left3%Chiefs OL Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Jarvis Jones
Chiefs OL Bar_left9%Chiefs OL Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Manti Te'o
Chiefs OL Bar_left3%Chiefs OL Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Star Lotulelei
Chiefs OL Bar_left6%Chiefs OL Bar_right
 6% [ 2 ]
Tyler Wilson
Chiefs OL Bar_left12%Chiefs OL Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Other
Chiefs OL Bar_left9%Chiefs OL Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 33
Latest topics
» Bones Stagione 7 Ita
Chiefs OL EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 2:04 pm by 

» Paragon Partition Manager 12 10.1.19.15721 Personal
Chiefs OL EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:20 pm by 

Chiefs OL EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

Chiefs OL EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

Chiefs OL EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:18 pm by 

Advertisement

Chiefs OL

Go down 
+4
chiefbravebull
Chiefs09
kcchiefs
RustShack
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

Chiefs OL Empty
PostSubject: Chiefs OL   Chiefs OL EmptyTue May 08, 2012 3:10 am

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nf...-line-rankings

4. Kansas City Chiefs

LT: Branden Albert*
LG: Ryan Lilja*
C: Rodney Hudson
RG: Jon Asamoah*
RT: Eric Winston

Top reserves: G/T Jeff Allen, OG Daryl Harris, OT Donald Stephenson, C Rob Bruggeman, OT David Mims.

Overview: The Chiefs are gearing up to run one of the NFL's most smash-mouth attacks, and they have the trench talent to execute. Tackle play is an immediate strength with Albert emerging as perhaps the league's most underrated blindside blocker, and Winston joining the mix on the strong side. Asamoah is a nasty right guard whose run blocking will only improve as a second-year starter. Groomed behind Casey Wiegmann last season, Hudson is ready for prime time at center. Lilja and rookie Allen will duke it out at left guard. Depth is a concern beyond the top six linemen here, but this unit oozes potential and will likely prove to be a top-five grouping in '12.
Back to top Go down
http://arrowheaddrive.com
kcchiefs
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
kcchiefs

Chiefs OL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chiefs OL   Chiefs OL EmptyTue May 08, 2012 3:41 pm

We might even move up a spot or two if Jeff Allen is our starter and plays to his full ability.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

Chiefs OL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chiefs OL   Chiefs OL EmptyTue May 08, 2012 3:52 pm

If Jeff Allen is good enough to beat out Lilja his rookie year we are set. He's sounding like a better pick everyday. Imagine the Chiefs09 meltdown if he ends up better than DeCastro and if Poe lives up to his talent level.
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

Chiefs OL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chiefs OL   Chiefs OL EmptyTue May 08, 2012 5:48 pm

the key word is imagine. it is fantasy. funny everyone on here was huge on decastro b4 pioli took poe. now allen is better? lol. Poe is going to go from 2nd team USA to elite NT year 1 NFL. lol. hopefully Hunt comes to his senses sooner than the fans that worship Pioli. they havent won a SB in my lifetime and if Pioli keeps drafting in the 1st like he has so far they never will. sad that many Chiefs fans are like Cubs fans in that they not only except but love mediocrity. to expect a 2nd team USA guy to instantly turn elite at the next level is stupid. cant dominate guys that couldnt make the Arena league but he's gonna dominate the worlds best now.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

Chiefs OL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chiefs OL   Chiefs OL EmptyTue May 08, 2012 6:00 pm

You realize Poe didn't play in a 3-4 right? Pretty common to not live up to your potential when you're out of place. Actually pretty common to never live up to your potential when you're in a different scheme with different coaches every year and keep getting moved around to different positions to create missmatches. Sounds like a freak athlete with a lot of potential to me.
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

Chiefs OL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chiefs OL   Chiefs OL EmptyWed May 09, 2012 6:29 pm

RustShack wrote:
You realize Poe didn't play in a 3-4 right? Pretty common to not live up to your potential when you're out of place. Actually pretty common to never live up to your potential when you're in a different scheme with different coaches every year and keep getting moved around to different positions to create missmatches. Sounds like a freak athlete with a lot of potential to me.
So what you are saying is there is no tape on him to show he will be great other than the combine. Curry was a freak athlete with potential. I liked him and he's a huge bust. Poe is another combine warrior and nothing more. with his size strength and speed it shouldnt have mattered what he played on the line against terrible talent in the USA
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

Chiefs OL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chiefs OL   Chiefs OL EmptyWed May 09, 2012 6:59 pm

Fat slobs like Shaun Rogers and Jenkins were on their way out of the NFL because they couldn't cut it in 4-3's anymore. Became great 3-4 NT's. You don't think someone with similar size who's younger and a hell of a lot more talented could do that? Do you even know what his job is here vs what it was in college? His job is to eat up blockers and collapse the pocket. He can do that with his size alone. His job was a little more compicated than that in a 4-3 defense.
Back to top Go down
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro
chiefbravebull

Chiefs OL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chiefs OL   Chiefs OL EmptyThu May 17, 2012 8:50 pm

He was misused in college. If you watch a full game they had him stunting and shit which he should of just been controlling a gap.
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

Chiefs OL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chiefs OL   Chiefs OL EmptyThu May 17, 2012 10:15 pm

But has he done abything to warrant a #11 pick other than the combine? he was misused in college so there is no tape showing he was great. there ahave been thousands of guys with size and speed to do their jobs in the NFL and bust anyway. and most of them have more than the combine coming out. it was a waste at 11 when there is zero doubt they could have traded back to Philly and still had Poe.
Back to top Go down
KCJay
Pro
Pro
KCJay

Chiefs OL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chiefs OL   Chiefs OL EmptyFri May 18, 2012 5:31 pm

They drafted on potential..The kid has a serious ceiling..He would have been gone by the time PHI picked..His athletic ability/size at such an important position was the reason we chose him..
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

Chiefs OL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chiefs OL   Chiefs OL EmptyFri May 18, 2012 7:09 pm

no way in hell he was gone by 15. probably not in top 25
Back to top Go down
SylvesterMalone1978
All-Pro
All-Pro
SylvesterMalone1978

Chiefs OL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chiefs OL   Chiefs OL EmptyFri May 18, 2012 7:50 pm

Lol Poe would have been drafted. Pioli is all about trading down in drafts, he would have traded down if he though Poe would still be there. I know you hate him, but that doesn't mean other GM's do. Any 3-4 team would be foolish not to drool over this kids potential.
Back to top Go down
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro
OutlawChief

Chiefs OL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chiefs OL   Chiefs OL EmptyFri May 18, 2012 8:42 pm

Pre-Combine Trainer Praises Dontari Poe
by WesternNEChief on May 18, 2012 8:17 AM CDT

Tweet 136 comments Email Print From the FanPosts -Joel

This isn't earth-shattering news or anything, but I thought it was interesting to read what a trainer said about Poe's work ethic in Stack Magazine.

Stack is an athletic fitness and nutrition magazine found a lot in high school weight rooms. The May issue had a combine workout feature on several players. Poe received a glowing report from his trainer from a company called Athletes Performance.

"According to his trainer, Poe was one of the most dedicated, hard-working and coachable athletes he's ever worked with in his career. 'I believe the guys that go to the Combine and extremely exceed expectations are those that have perfect attendance and attentiveness,' says [his trainer]. 'When I say this--and I'm not lying--Dontari made every single session for the eight weeks. He was here, twice a day, six days a week.'"

I figured any positive report concerning the young fella's dedication and work ethic was worth passing along. See the whole feature here.
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

Chiefs OL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chiefs OL   Chiefs OL EmptySat May 19, 2012 12:25 pm

SylvesterMalone1978 wrote:
Lol Poe would have been drafted. Pioli is all about trading down in drafts, he would have traded down if he though Poe would still be there. I know you hate him, but that doesn't mean other GM's do. Any 3-4 team would be foolish not to drool over this kids potential.

Just curious where this potential came from. there is no game film on it because he sucked because his coaches sucked and misused him. so this potential is 100% a combine thing. sounds like a bigger chance of a combine warrior
Back to top Go down
kcchiefs
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
kcchiefs

Chiefs OL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chiefs OL   Chiefs OL EmptySun May 20, 2012 3:44 pm

Chiefs09 wrote:
the key word is imagine. it is fantasy. funny everyone on here was huge on decastro b4 pioli took poe. now allen is better? lol. Poe is going to go from 2nd team USA to elite NT year 1 NFL. lol. hopefully Hunt comes to his senses sooner than the fans that worship Pioli. they havent won a SB in my lifetime and if Pioli keeps drafting in the 1st like he has so far they never will. sad that many Chiefs fans are like Cubs fans in that they not only except but love mediocrity. to expect a 2nd team USA guy to instantly turn elite at the next level is stupid. cant dominate guys that couldnt make the Arena league but he's gonna dominate the worlds best now.

I have never seen ANYONE on here say that Allen is better than Decastro... Just because he could come in and be better than Lilja doesnt mean he is better than Decastro... Get your facts straight.
Back to top Go down
kcchiefs
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
kcchiefs

Chiefs OL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chiefs OL   Chiefs OL EmptySun May 20, 2012 3:49 pm

I also liked the Poe pick a lot better when I read that Pioli had him as his number one NT in the draft LONG BEFORE the combine.. And to be completely honest with you, I think Pioli and Crennell are a LITTLE better at evaluating talent that you are.
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

Chiefs OL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chiefs OL   Chiefs OL EmptySun May 20, 2012 5:31 pm

kcchiefs wrote:
I also liked the Poe pick a lot better when I read that Pioli had him as his number one NT in the draft LONG BEFORE the combine.. And to be completely honest with you, I think Pioli and Crennell are a LITTLE better at evaluating talent that you are.

Looking at how many players we still have from his 1st draft he is great at evaluating talent. 2 bad 1st rounders in 3 years and soon to be 4 is pretty damn consistent anyway. He did have a very good FA period this year though. They will win the west without a doubt. They might even be a QB away from seriously contending for a SB. But it's Piolis bad evaluation of what he has in Cassel keeping us from that. I wont bash Crennel because I am pretty sure if he really had a voice Cassel wouldnt even be here anymore.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

Chiefs OL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chiefs OL   Chiefs OL EmptyMon May 21, 2012 7:50 pm

Chiefs09 wrote:
SylvesterMalone1978 wrote:

Just curious where this potential came from. there is no game film on it because he sucked because his coaches sucked and misused him. so this potential is 100% a combine thing. sounds like a bigger chance of a combine warrior

Its weird that theres no film on him considering he put up similar stats to any other top DL this year and in previous years.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

Chiefs OL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chiefs OL   Chiefs OL EmptyMon May 21, 2012 7:53 pm

Chiefs09 wrote:
kcchiefs wrote:

Looking at how many players we still have from his 1st draft he is great at evaluating talent. 2 bad 1st rounders in 3 years and soon to be 4 is pretty damn consistent anyway. He did have a very good FA period this year though. They will win the west without a doubt. They might even be a QB away from seriously contending for a SB. But it's Piolis bad evaluation of what he has in Cassel keeping us from that. I wont bash Crennel because I am pretty sure if he really had a voice Cassel wouldnt even be here anymore.

Still early to judge any of those picks, especially Poe and Baldwin. But I'm glad we kept Hali and DJ longer than you would like for your guys to reach their potential... we could have missed out. Actually I bet theres at least one late bloomer every year in the NFL.
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

Chiefs OL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chiefs OL   Chiefs OL EmptyTue May 22, 2012 6:04 pm

Hali has been good from almost day 1. He just turned out better at LB than end
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

Chiefs OL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chiefs OL   Chiefs OL EmptyTue May 22, 2012 8:17 pm

Hali was not much better than what Jackson is as their respective positions. Jackson looked like he was breaking out that MNF game before getting hurt, and he started building back towards that this last year. This is his make or break year and odds are he will progress rather than regress.
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

Chiefs OL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chiefs OL   Chiefs OL EmptyWed May 23, 2012 4:59 pm

Hali was much better than Jackson for 1. and 2 Hali wasnt the 3 overall pick.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

Chiefs OL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chiefs OL   Chiefs OL EmptyWed May 23, 2012 5:43 pm

We've been over this several times. There isn't a person we could have drafted who could have lived up to the draft position, so you would hate the pick no matter who it was. Let it go. Your go to argument was always Raji is better, well he was out produced by Jackson last year so there goes your only argument.
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

Chiefs OL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chiefs OL   Chiefs OL EmptyWed May 23, 2012 5:55 pm

Raji has a SB and a pro bowl under his belt. Jackson is still a bust and will be off his team much sooner than Raji.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

Chiefs OL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chiefs OL   Chiefs OL EmptyWed May 23, 2012 6:32 pm

That's an awesome argument if that's really what you're going with. Packers more than likely would have won the Super Bowl with or without Raji, and you do know the SB is a fans popularity vote right? The top teams will have a lot of Pro Bowlers no matter what, because they are good and thats who the fans hear about.

Odds are if Jackson played like he did last year, or the way he was on MNF before getting hurt.. but was on a popular team who was going to win games in the playoffs he'd be a Pro Bowler too.

But hey you said it yourself, since Raji is getting worse since he didn't make the Pro Bowl again and Jackson is obviously still improving, we got the right pick. Since he out produced Raji last year maybe this is Jacksons year for the Pro Bowl then right?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chiefs OL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chiefs OL   Chiefs OL Empty

Back to top Go down

Chiefs OL
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next