ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Latest images  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
Geno Smith
1st Round Pick Bar_left45%1st Round Pick Bar_right
 45% [ 15 ]
Luke Joekel
1st Round Pick Bar_left12%1st Round Pick Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Domontre Moore
1st Round Pick Bar_left3%1st Round Pick Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Jarvis Jones
1st Round Pick Bar_left9%1st Round Pick Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Manti Te'o
1st Round Pick Bar_left3%1st Round Pick Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Star Lotulelei
1st Round Pick Bar_left6%1st Round Pick Bar_right
 6% [ 2 ]
Tyler Wilson
1st Round Pick Bar_left12%1st Round Pick Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Other
1st Round Pick Bar_left9%1st Round Pick Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 33
Latest topics
» Bones Stagione 7 Ita
1st Round Pick EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 2:04 pm by 

» Paragon Partition Manager 12 10.1.19.15721 Personal
1st Round Pick EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:20 pm by 

1st Round Pick EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

1st Round Pick EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

1st Round Pick EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:18 pm by 

Advertisement

1st Round Pick

Go down 
+4
Chiefs09
OutlawChief
kcchiefs
Touchdown Bowe
8 posters

Who should the Chiefs go with?
David DeCastro
1st Round Pick Bar_left70%1st Round Pick Bar_right
 70% [ 7 ]
Dontari Poe
1st Round Pick Bar_left0%1st Round Pick Bar_right
 0% [ 0 ]
Luke Kuechly
1st Round Pick Bar_left20%1st Round Pick Bar_right
 20% [ 2 ]
Ryan Tannehill
1st Round Pick Bar_left0%1st Round Pick Bar_right
 0% [ 0 ]
other
1st Round Pick Bar_left10%1st Round Pick Bar_right
 10% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 10

AuthorMessage
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

1st Round Pick Empty
PostSubject: 1st Round Pick   1st Round Pick EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 2:42 am

You're Pioli. Who do you pick and why? GO!
Back to top Go down
kcchiefs
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
kcchiefs

1st Round Pick Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st Round Pick   1st Round Pick EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 1:55 pm

Right now I try my hardest to trade down from the pick we have now, IF I dont have the full belief that Tannehill is a franchise QB. Right now I just dont know if he is so the pick for me is Decastro. He would give us possible the BEST offensive line in the entire league. Cassel has shown that he can be a pro-bowl level player when he has weapons in the backfield and at reciever (which we have) when the line blocks worth a shit (Decastro would be the last piece to the puzzle) and we have a good run game (charles and Hillis looks to be a good 1 2 punch) Cassel has all the pieces around him not to mention a defense that is on the verge of greatness. I dont see how he CANT succeed!
Back to top Go down
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro
OutlawChief

1st Round Pick Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st Round Pick   1st Round Pick EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 3:23 pm

kcchiefs wrote:
Right now I try my hardest to trade down from the pick we have now, IF I dont have the full belief that Tannehill is a franchise QB. Right now I just dont know if he is so the pick for me is Decastro. He would give us possible the BEST offensive line in the entire league. Cassel has shown that he can be a pro-bowl level player when he has weapons in the backfield and at reciever (which we have) when the line blocks worth a shit (Decastro would be the last piece to the puzzle) and we have a good run game (charles and Hillis looks to be a good 1 2 punch) Cassel has all the pieces around him not to mention a defense that is on the verge of greatness. I dont see how he CANT succeed!

Agree, couldn't have said it any better myself.
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

1st Round Pick Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st Round Pick   1st Round Pick EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 5:50 pm

David DeCastro (AP)
11. Kansas City Chiefs: David DeCastro, G, Stanford
Every source we speak to tells us that the Chiefs are desperate to land DeCastro to upgrade their interior line.

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-04-17/nfl-draft-2012-mock-andre-luck-robert-griffin-giants-jets-cowboys-dolphins#ixzz1sKvt0geL

I like this pick in 1. But I would also like Kuechly just as much. Depends on where the other G's are projected I guess. I would like 1) Kuechly 2) Taamu 3) Zeitler
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

1st Round Pick Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st Round Pick   1st Round Pick EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 5:52 pm

Then I would like to trade back into 3 and get Cousins if he is there.
Back to top Go down
FatThucker
All-Pro
All-Pro

1st Round Pick Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st Round Pick   1st Round Pick EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 10:25 pm

DeCastro would be a great pick at 11, even though there are probably better values at OG in the later rounds. I'm not necessarily rooting for the Chiefs to pick Ryan Tannehill, but I think that would be a fantastic pick as well. If neither of those players are available, Fletcher Cox, Melvin Ingram, Michael Brockers and Donta Hightower would be the next best options for the Chiefs.

My favorite draft scenario would be grabbing any of those players in the 1st round, followed by Kevin Zeitler in the second (or an explosive player like CB Josh Robinson if DeCastro is the first rounder), followed by Audie Cole or Mychal Kendricks in the third. And then either NT Stanley Jean-Baptiste or Josh Chapman if they are still available in the 4th.

Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

1st Round Pick Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st Round Pick   1st Round Pick EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 3:00 am

kcchiefs wrote:

We shouldnt have to add this many pieces to the offense just to make this guy look like an average QB at best. Cassel doesnt have it physically or mentally. Charles is the only reason we made the playoffs in 2010. Cassel made the pro bowl because he replaced Brady because Brady was hurt. When Baltimore shut down Charles in the run game and forced Cassel to throw, we were screwed. We have to take a QB high in this draft. I dont care if we reach on Tannehill in the 1st, or Weeden in the 2nd. I fully believe one, if not both will have a better season than Cassel will have next year assuming they both start. The more I hear about Weeden, the more I'd be perfectly fine with taking him in round 2. Age doesnt matter. If we can get 5-7 years of solid QB play out of him and a couple playoff runs, I will be perfectly happy with that.

If we go defense, I'd rather draft Hightower than Keuchly..Keuchly is similar to DJ..good in coverage and good at racking up tackles. Hightower would be more of that run stopping down hill force we could really use. He's also a great pass rusher..pairing him with Hali, and Houston would be devastating for opponents.
Back to top Go down
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro
OutlawChief

1st Round Pick Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st Round Pick   1st Round Pick EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 8:48 pm

Even if we draft Tannehill or Weeden, Cassel will start this year. Unless they came into camp and just blew everyone away that is. But I don't see that. I believe this is make or break for Cassel. And it should be. I also think he will be on a short leash. If he struggles often and early he should be pulled. And let Quinn, Stanzi, or even a rookie step in. This team has to much talent to waste this year. I think Cassel will be fine with the talent around him. But if I am wrong like most think I am. Then new blood needs to step in and take over.
Back to top Go down
SylvesterMalone1978
All-Pro
All-Pro
SylvesterMalone1978

1st Round Pick Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st Round Pick   1st Round Pick EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 10:25 pm

Drafting Weeden is almost as bad as trading for Cassel!
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

1st Round Pick Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st Round Pick   1st Round Pick EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 4:53 pm

I'm still all about the DeCastro pick.
Back to top Go down
http://arrowheaddrive.com
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro
OutlawChief

1st Round Pick Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st Round Pick   1st Round Pick EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 6:17 pm

DeCastro or Kuechly and I am a happy Chiefs fan Thursday.
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

1st Round Pick Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st Round Pick   1st Round Pick EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 9:11 pm

I want Kuechly to be the pick bad. especially with the other good G's we can get in 2. Kuechly and Decastro will both be special players at the next level so I wouldnt be pissed at either pick. I am now hating the idea of trading back which I think is going to happen. Yes we can get good talent still if we trade back but I think we can get one of the top 5 players in this draft by selecting either one of those 2 guys. I think the top 5 are RG3 - Luck- Richardson- Kuechly- Decastro. And the last 3 might all be there when we pick at 11.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

1st Round Pick Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st Round Pick   1st Round Pick EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 9:41 pm

Chiefs09 wrote:
I want Kuechly to be the pick bad. especially with the other good G's we can get in 2. Kuechly and Decastro will both be special players at the next level so I wouldnt be pissed at either pick. I am now hating the idea of trading back which I think is going to happen. Yes we can get good talent still if we trade back but I think we can get one of the top 5 players in this draft by selecting either one of those 2 guys. I think the top 5 are RG3 - Luck- Richardson- Kuechly- Decastro. And the last 3 might all be there when we pick at 11.

Kalil needs to be in that conversation as well.
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

1st Round Pick Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st Round Pick   1st Round Pick EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 10:12 pm

Kalil would be next on my list. I'm worried about Tannehill falling to us and Cleveland moving up and we get Poe at 22.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

1st Round Pick Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st Round Pick   1st Round Pick Empty

Back to top Go down

1st Round Pick
Page 1 of 1