ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Latest images  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
Geno Smith
Zorn Interview - Page 2 Bar_left45%Zorn Interview - Page 2 Bar_right
 45% [ 15 ]
Luke Joekel
Zorn Interview - Page 2 Bar_left12%Zorn Interview - Page 2 Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Domontre Moore
Zorn Interview - Page 2 Bar_left3%Zorn Interview - Page 2 Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Jarvis Jones
Zorn Interview - Page 2 Bar_left9%Zorn Interview - Page 2 Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Manti Te'o
Zorn Interview - Page 2 Bar_left3%Zorn Interview - Page 2 Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Star Lotulelei
Zorn Interview - Page 2 Bar_left6%Zorn Interview - Page 2 Bar_right
 6% [ 2 ]
Tyler Wilson
Zorn Interview - Page 2 Bar_left12%Zorn Interview - Page 2 Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Other
Zorn Interview - Page 2 Bar_left9%Zorn Interview - Page 2 Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 33
Latest topics
» Bones Stagione 7 Ita
Zorn Interview - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 2:04 pm by 

» Paragon Partition Manager 12 10.1.19.15721 Personal
Zorn Interview - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:20 pm by 

Zorn Interview - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

Zorn Interview - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

Zorn Interview - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:18 pm by 

Advertisement

Zorn Interview

Go down 
+4
redross006
chiefbravebull
BigRatt
RustShack
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

Zorn Interview - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Zorn Interview   Zorn Interview - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 8:35 pm

First topic message reminder :

Jim Zorn On The 'Evil' Romeo Crennel

Kansas City Chiefs head coach Romeo Crennel is "evil", according to quarterbacks coach Jim Zorn.

OK, so he wasn't exactly serious but he did say that in an interview with Josh Looney of the Chiefs official website.

"I've always admired Romeo from afar when he was in Cleveland working hard, and even in New England as the d-coordinator," Zorn said. "Well, he is kind of evil being part of that defensive regime. But very, very good and solid coach. To know him personally and see the details he proceeds with and the key things he introduces even now, this offseason, so we can prepare well and not allow these things to wait until the last second."

Zorn's had kind of a strange offseason. He interviewed for the Chiefs offensive coordinator job, which he obviously didn't get. And then the KC Star's Adam Teicher reported Zorn was considering leaving KC once he didn't get the job. (This was disputed by the Chiefs.) It was also reported back in January that the Chiefs denied him a chance to interview for the Chicago Bears quarterbacks job, which wasn't a promotion so you can't really fault the Chiefs for saying no.

So now Zorn is back in KC working with Matt Cassel and Ricky Stanzi. Kyle Orton isn't under contract so we're not sure yet whether Zorn will be working with him.

On Cassel and Orton, Zorn said...

"No. 1, I liked where Matt Cassel was headed before his injury," Zorn said. "I think it was hard for him because he was fighting to do what we asked him to do. There were things that were changing based on game plans and some fo the things we were trying to do. And then he started to get into a much better position where he was disciplining himself, and then he got injured.

"And then Kyle when he came in just took over and started," Zorn continued. "It kinda created a much better foundation, or some steadiness, just because of his experience. He has a different kind of arm and he doesn't move around. You have to protect him more in the pocket and he doesn't care. He's just going to drop back and get the ball out. He can move and things like that but he really brought a stability to the pocket and he brought a stability with his demeanor. He was never up and down. Strong arm, had some accuracy, very competitive, which you gotta be if you're going to play in this league."
Back to top Go down
http://arrowheaddrive.com

AuthorMessage
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Zorn Interview   Zorn Interview - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 2:37 pm

I am all for Stanzi getting his shot. Cassel should be shipped out though. Cassel will never take us anywhere. Let Stanzi play and if he is terrible and we wind up with a top 5 pick then Barkley would be our franchise guy.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Zorn Interview   Zorn Interview - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 3:29 pm

I really feel like we would draft a QB in the first if one fell to us. But this is just one of those years where there are only two good options instead of three. Maybe next year.
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Zorn Interview   Zorn Interview - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 4:26 pm

RustShack wrote:
I really feel like we would draft a QB in the first if one fell to us. But this is just one of those years where there are only two good options instead of three. Maybe next year.

They could trade down and take one later in 1 while adding more picks. But I dont see that because there is going to be some very good talent fall to us at 11.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Zorn Interview   Zorn Interview - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 4:32 pm

Chiefs09 wrote:
RustShack wrote:

They could trade down and take one later in 1 while adding more picks. But I dont see that because there is going to be some very good talent fall to us at 11.

And the Jags are talking about trading down from #7 for a team that wants to trade up for Tannahil. Not sure who you would want to draft then, I really don't even wanna reach on Tannahill at #11.
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Zorn Interview   Zorn Interview - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 4:48 pm

RustShack wrote:
Chiefs09 wrote:
RustShack wrote:

And the Jags are talking about trading down from #7 for a team that wants to trade up for Tannahil. Not sure who you would want to draft then, I really don't even wanna reach on Tannahill at #11.

didnt realize teams were desperate enough to trade up for him. We are desperate at QB and I wouldnt take tann where we are now. I would like decastro, Richardson, or Kuechly at 11. I am also assuming we get a RT in FA. I think they have to and will.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Zorn Interview   Zorn Interview - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 8:38 pm

RustShack wrote:
Chiefs09 wrote:
RustShack wrote:

After what the Skins just paid to move up 4 spots, the hell with all of that!
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

PostSubject: Re: Zorn Interview   Zorn Interview - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 1:26 am

If Todd Haley just would have gave Stanzi a chance last season instead of Tyler freakn Palko, we'd have alot better idea where we are as far as Stanzi's potential and such..Hell Stanzi may have even pulled out a win against a team like Pittsburgh..a game we should have won but didnt because of crap QB play. Not saying he would have..but we'd have alot better idea where he is at than we do now.

Back to top Go down
SylvesterMalone1978
All-Pro
All-Pro
SylvesterMalone1978

PostSubject: Re: Zorn Interview   Zorn Interview - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 4:42 pm

Quinn has more Potential than Stanzi. Let's see what Zorn can do with him. I don't like Cassel, but his hard work might help Quinn work harder too.
Back to top Go down
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro
chiefbravebull

PostSubject: Re: Zorn Interview   Zorn Interview - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 12:21 am

Quinn will atleast push Cassel and that is what he needs.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

PostSubject: Re: Zorn Interview   Zorn Interview - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 1:48 am

Quinn has the most potential out of any QB on this roster right now. Its just his mental state thats holding him back. If he ends up getting everything down, he will be our starter. As crazy as all this sounds..
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Zorn Interview   Zorn Interview - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 2:30 am

Cassel and Quinn are perfect competition for eachother. I just hope Quinn can unseat in training camp.
Back to top Go down
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro
chiefbravebull

PostSubject: Re: Zorn Interview   Zorn Interview - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 8:17 am

I think Quinn will be comfortable and concentrated here. For most players with talent like his that means that he will be on top of his game. Watchout Cassel.
Back to top Go down
FatThucker
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Zorn Interview   Zorn Interview - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 12:42 pm

SylvesterMalone1978 wrote:
Quinn has more Potential than Stanzi. Let's see what Zorn can do with him. I don't like Cassel, but his hard work might help Quinn work harder too.

I'd say it's the other way around. Quinn's notorious for hard working, and that is gonna have Cassel shakin in his cleats and putting in extra work as well.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Zorn Interview   Zorn Interview - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 10:02 pm

If Quinn was such a hard worker there's no reason he wouldn't be good already. The talent is there. I'd give Cassel the edge on doing the small things right, he just doesn't have the talent of Quinn or most other starting QB's.
Back to top Go down
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro
chiefbravebull

PostSubject: Re: Zorn Interview   Zorn Interview - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 11:40 pm

We will have to see but I think Quinn give him hell.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

PostSubject: Re: Zorn Interview   Zorn Interview - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 12:58 am

Do you know how bad I'd feel for Cleveland fans if Romeo leads us to multiple playoff appearances and wins with Brady Quinn at the helm with Hillis in the backfield?
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Zorn Interview   Zorn Interview - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 11:17 am

I'm sure Bellichick plucked some Browns when he first went to the Patriots too. But this one would be a much bigger stab.
Back to top Go down
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro
chiefbravebull

PostSubject: Re: Zorn Interview   Zorn Interview - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 12:09 pm

It would definitely sting Cleveland a bit.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Zorn Interview   Zorn Interview - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 11:16 pm

The Browns are a bunch of douchs anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zorn Interview   Zorn Interview - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Zorn Interview
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2