ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Latest images  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
Geno Smith
Chiefs a good fit for Manning - Page 2 Bar_left45%Chiefs a good fit for Manning - Page 2 Bar_right
 45% [ 15 ]
Luke Joekel
Chiefs a good fit for Manning - Page 2 Bar_left12%Chiefs a good fit for Manning - Page 2 Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Domontre Moore
Chiefs a good fit for Manning - Page 2 Bar_left3%Chiefs a good fit for Manning - Page 2 Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Jarvis Jones
Chiefs a good fit for Manning - Page 2 Bar_left9%Chiefs a good fit for Manning - Page 2 Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Manti Te'o
Chiefs a good fit for Manning - Page 2 Bar_left3%Chiefs a good fit for Manning - Page 2 Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Star Lotulelei
Chiefs a good fit for Manning - Page 2 Bar_left6%Chiefs a good fit for Manning - Page 2 Bar_right
 6% [ 2 ]
Tyler Wilson
Chiefs a good fit for Manning - Page 2 Bar_left12%Chiefs a good fit for Manning - Page 2 Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Other
Chiefs a good fit for Manning - Page 2 Bar_left9%Chiefs a good fit for Manning - Page 2 Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 33
Latest topics
» Bones Stagione 7 Ita
Chiefs a good fit for Manning - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 2:04 pm by 

» Paragon Partition Manager 12 10.1.19.15721 Personal
Chiefs a good fit for Manning - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:20 pm by 

Chiefs a good fit for Manning - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

Chiefs a good fit for Manning - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

Chiefs a good fit for Manning - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:18 pm by 

Advertisement

Chiefs a good fit for Manning

Go down 
+7
Chiefs09
Touchdown Bowe
redross006
SylvesterMalone1978
KCJay
chiefbravebull
RustShack
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

Chiefs a good fit for Manning - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Chiefs a good fit for Manning   Chiefs a good fit for Manning - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 5:50 pm

First topic message reminder :

By Bill Williamson

The Peyton Manning saga will surely be the story of the NFL offseason. The question in the AFC West is, will the Kansas City Chiefs be the story along with the legendary Indianapolis Colts quarterback?

As of now, we have to think it is a real possibility that the Chiefs will heavily pursue Manning -- who may be cut by the Colts as soon as next week -- if he becomes a free agent. Manning, who will turn 36 on March 24, missed all of last season with a neck injury and there is no certain date when he will be 100 percent, although there have been reports he will be ready to play in 2012.

If the Chiefs end up signing Manning, it won’t be the first time the organization brought in a living legend at the end of his career after he suffered a serious injury. The Chiefs traded for San Francisco’s Joe Montana in 1993.

The Chiefs have been connected to Manning in recent weeks. A Kansas City radio station has even reported that the team has had multiple conversations with Manning’s agent about finances and that the Chiefs feel comfortable about what Manning may want. That would constitute tampering and it is highly unlikely any team would talk finances with Manning before giving him a physical and knowing more about his recovery timetable. Still, the Chiefs have a load of salary-cap room and they can easily construct a deal for Manning in addition to making other improvements.

Of course, Kansas City coach Romeo Crennel did nothing to take the scent off a potential Chiefs-Manning pairing when he said this at the NFL combine last Saturday: “With a talent like that, I would be crazy not to consider it if he’s available. I’ll leave it at that.”

The Chiefs are not necessarily looking for a new starting quarterback. At the combine, Kansas City general manager Scott Pioli wouldn’t say the job is open. He said the starter is Matt Cassel. However, there will be competition at every position. The translation is the Chiefs expect Cassel to be the starter, but if a better option comes along, they will consider it. There’s no doubt a healthy Manning would be a better option.

[+] Enlarge (Side Picture and Caption)
Kansas City's Matt CasselDak Dillon/US PRESSWIREMatt Cassel may find himself backing up Peyton Manning next season if the Chiefs make a move.
If the Chiefs do want to go deep into the Manning sweepstakes, they will have competition, likely beginning with Miami and Washington. There will surely be other teams that show interest in the player who many consider one of the greatest NFL players of all time.

In addition to their interest and financial means, here’s another reason the Chiefs could be favorites to land Manning: They may be the best team interested in him. That would surely appeal to Manning when he is making his choice. I’m not sure many of the interested teams can offer Manning a better supporting cast.

The Chiefs have a strong running game and Manning would have plenty of receiving options. No. 1 receiver Dwayne Bowe is expected to be franchised, 2011 first-round pick Jonathan Baldwin is a potential game-changing deep threat and Steve Breaston is a solid possession receiver. Tight end Tony Moeaki is expected to be healthy after missing the 2011 season with a knee injury. He was terrific as a rookie in 2010.

In addition to appealing offensive weapons, the Chiefs have the makings of a strong defense. A healthy Manning would immensely help any team. But Manning could be a difference-maker in Kansas City. Matt Williamson of Scouts Inc. said adding Manning would make the Chiefs -- who finished 7-9 in 2011 despite major injury issues -- “the clear favorite to win the AFC West” in 2012.

Putting Manning in the Heartland would make many teams in the AFC nervous.

I would think Manning would also be fine with working with Crennel and Pioli. He is close with New England quarterback Tom Brady and Brady won Super Bowls with both men. I’m sure Brady would give Manning glowing reports on both of his potential bosses. And don’t think Manning would have trouble working with a defensive-minded coach like Crennel. Remember, the man Manning won his Super Bowl ring with, Tony Dungy, was a defensive-minded coach.

Cassel is also a factor in this scenario. Because Manning will be signed before there are any guarantees he’ll be ready to play, any team that signs him must have a good fallback plan. There are fewer better fallbacks than Cassel.

If Manning is signed and he has a setback, the Chiefs can rely on Cassel, who shined as Brady’s injury replacement in 2008. While Cassel wouldn’t be thrilled with the idea of backing up Manning, I’m sure he’d understand the Chiefs taking advantage of a rare opportunity to pick up a future Hall of Fame player.

There are a lot of reasons this pairing makes sense. If it happens, the Chiefs will be at the center of the NFL universe.
Back to top Go down
http://arrowheaddrive.com

AuthorMessage
redross006
Amateur
Amateur
redross006

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs a good fit for Manning   Chiefs a good fit for Manning - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 11:53 am

chiefbravebull wrote:
The fact that Hunt came out and said we are going to go after Manning is a great sign that they are serious. We have a very real shot here. I think that at the very least Pioli and company will drive up the price to keep him out of Denver. I think that the most attractive thing to Manning is our division. The fact that he wont have to fight through Brady and the Pats and the Jets twice a year will make us attractive.

Just because Hunt said we are interested does not mean Manning would be. All the reasons that it would be logical for Manning to come to K.C. can also be said for Denver. Plus they have a better offensive line, a better owner, and the guy who's running the show in Denver just happens to be a Hall of Fame Q.B. He and Manning will get along great. And don't give me... but Mannings agents also handle Tebow and will not let Manning displace another starting Q.B. ...where Manning plays is ultimately up to Manning. If he really wants to play in Denver... no matter what his agents say or how much $$$ the Chiefs offer... he will go to Denver. And as a Chiefs fan... well that just sucks balls.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs a good fit for Manning   Chiefs a good fit for Manning - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 1:13 pm

redross006 wrote:
I keep telling y'all Manning is not coming to KC. Pioli has created an environment that is not attractive to big name free agents. Hell Bowe isn't even willing to sign long term. Hope he goes to Miami though cause if he goes to Denver we are FUCKED! I would be shocked if he even makes a visit to K.C.

Lol keep trying. You realize every single team in the NFL has had several players not agree to extensions right?
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs a good fit for Manning   Chiefs a good fit for Manning - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 1:15 pm

Chiefs | Could meet with Peyton Manning
Sat, 10 Mar 2012 05:32:02 -0800

There is a possibility free-agent QB Peyton Manning (Colts) could meet with the Kansas City Chiefs, after meeting with the Denver Broncos Friday, March 9.

0 Comments | Source: ESPN.com | Share:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Broncos | Not necessarily favorite to land Peyton Manning
Sat, 10 Mar 2012 05:23:32 -0800

Free-agent QB Peyton Manning's (Colts) visit with the Denver Broncos Friday, March 9, does not make them the favorite to land Manning. In fact, other teams are starting to be aggressive in expressing their interest. No contract negotiations were expected to occur during the visit. Manning did not work out for the Broncos, but wanted to familiarize himself with the team's facilities, organization and geography.

0 Comments | Source: ESPN.com | Share:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jets | Peyton Manning was not interested
Sat, 10 Mar 2012 05:20:59 -0800

Free-agent QB Peyton Manning (Colts) did not have any interest in signing with the New York Jets, who extended the contract of QB Mark Sanchez Friday, March 9. Manning has begun to take recruiting trips and the Jets weren't on his itinerary.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs a good fit for Manning   Chiefs a good fit for Manning - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 1:16 pm

Broncos | Peyton Manning leaves after six-hour visit
Fri, 09 Mar 2012 21:15:08 -0800

Updating a previous report, free-agent QB Peyton Manning (Colts) left Friday, March 8, after a six-hour visit at Denver Broncos headquarters
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs a good fit for Manning   Chiefs a good fit for Manning - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 1:17 pm

Redskins | Not ruling out Peyton Manning
Sat, 10 Mar 2012 06:05:57 -0800

The Washington Redskins' acquisition of the No. 2 overall pick in the NFL Draft will not change their plans in pursuing free-agent QB Peyton Manning (Colts). They still intend to talk with and try to sign Manning, even if they are considered a long shot.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs a good fit for Manning   Chiefs a good fit for Manning - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 5:45 pm

He's not coming here...despite easily being the best fit, I don't see any chance. But still, fuck the national media for dissing us this whole fucking week..
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs a good fit for Manning   Chiefs a good fit for Manning - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 9:21 pm

Touchdown Bowe wrote:
He's not coming here...despite easily being the best fit, I don't see any chance. But still, fuck the national media for dissing us this whole fucking week..

Nothing changes. They have done this shit since I have been a fan in the early 90's. It will take winning a SB before KC ever gets any kind of respect.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs a good fit for Manning   Chiefs a good fit for Manning - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 9:22 pm

redross006 wrote:
I keep telling y'all Manning is not coming to KC. Pioli has created an environment that is not attractive to big name free agents. Hell Bowe isn't even willing to sign long term. Hope he goes to Miami though cause if he goes to Denver we are FUCKED! I would be shocked if he even makes a visit to K.C.

I'm actually one of the ones here that don't think he will come here, but I sure as shit hopes he proves me wrong!
Back to top Go down
FatThucker
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs a good fit for Manning   Chiefs a good fit for Manning - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 11:48 pm

I've never thought he was coming to KC either, but I do think this would have been his best landing spot..

And it was Haley who created the hostile working environment around here. Romeo will bring an entirely different vibe to the team.
Back to top Go down
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro
chiefbravebull

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs a good fit for Manning   Chiefs a good fit for Manning - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 12:19 pm

If he doesnt pick the chiefs which is less likely now i think, he will regret it. We are the best fit because of all the weapons we have and the staff we have. If he goes to denver he will have to face our pass rush twice a year and get his ass kicked because some of the guys on our team will and should take it personal that he doesnt want to be here when we are clearly the most talented.
Back to top Go down
redross006
Amateur
Amateur
redross006

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs a good fit for Manning   Chiefs a good fit for Manning - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 1:12 pm

ESPN is reporting that it is likely down to Denver and Arizona w/ Manning leaning towards Denver. He never even considered Kansas City. Matt Cassell will continue to start for the Chiefs. I see a " I told you so " in the near future.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs a good fit for Manning   Chiefs a good fit for Manning - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 1:12 pm

Manning is in Zona today and headed back to Miami tomorrow where its reported he will make a decision on Tuesday. KC is not on the schedule right now. I have personally thought Manning wouldn't come here because he shares the same stuck up opinion that most of the media shares about KC. It's looking more and more like that might be the case.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs a good fit for Manning   Chiefs a good fit for Manning - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 1:14 pm

redross006 wrote:
ESPN is reporting that it is likely down to Denver and Arizona w/ Manning leaning towards Denver. He never even considered Kansas City. Matt Cassell will continue to start for the Chiefs. I see a " I told you so " in the near future.

If Manning doesn't sign Orton will. Your not quite entitled to strut around like a rooster yet! It has to worry you that KC is looking at legit QBs, so your theory isn't quite working out like you predicted.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs a good fit for Manning   Chiefs a good fit for Manning - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 1:25 pm

After at least 12 teams contacted Peyton Manning when he became a free agent, the former Indianapolis Colts quarterback has narrowed his options.

Manning Only three Hall of Fame quarterbacks won a Super Bowl and then finished their career with another team -- Joe Montana, Joe Namath, and Johnny Unitas. Brett Favre will soon join this list and Peyton Manning, who led the Colts to the title in 2006, will someday accompany them.

The Denver Broncos and Arizona Cardinals, the first two teams Manning visited, are considered his two likeliest landing spots, according to sources familiar with the situation.

The Seattle Seahawks continue to try to arrange a meeting with Manning, according to sources, but so far they have been unable to do so.

Manning still could wind up meeting with the Dolphins, but indications are that Miami isn't as high on his list as Denver and Arizona.

There always is the possibility another team suddenly jumps into the fray, the sources said, but it is looking increasingly likely there are only a few viable possibilities at this time.

One source who spoke with Manning prior to his visit with the Cardinals said "his gut is that Manning is leaning toward Denver."

The Broncos' advantages include Manning's relationship with executive vice president of football operations John Elway and coach John Fox and the fact that joining them would keep him in the AFC, where he has played all his professional football with the Colts.

Yet the Cardinals will make a hard push and put on what one team source said is a "Louisville-style full-court press." Manning also is close with Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt and has played golf with him.

Manning arrived at the Cardinals' facility with Whisenhunt shortly after noon ET on Sunday for his visit with the team. He stepped out of a white SUV and nodded and waved to cameramen as he walked past a security gate and into a building.

A few minutes earlier, Cardinals receiver Larry Fitzgerald arrived in his own car.

Manning will be meeting with multiple high-ranking members of the Cardinals organization, including president Michael Bidwill, who sources say is determined to sign the former Colts quarterback.

"This team missed on Montana when he went to K.C.," said another Cardinals source. "This is a different owner, just with the same last name. Michael will do what it takes.

"He is hugely aware of our fan base and how his dad is viewed. He came to work with this team to get the stadium built. It took him a long time to get that done, but he did.

"He is a driven young owner that wants to totally change this franchise's image."

And he views landing Manning as the next step in that process. Sources say that would not necessarily be a strong selling point to Manning, who is looking simply for a "comfortable football and organizational fit." Along those lines, the Broncos and Cardinals have staffs that have shown flexibility in adapting their offense to a quarterback's strengths, as the Broncos did with Tim Tebow and the Cardinals did with Kurt Warner.
Back to top Go down
redross006
Amateur
Amateur
redross006

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs a good fit for Manning   Chiefs a good fit for Manning - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 2:05 pm

BigRatt wrote:
redross006 wrote:

If Manning doesn't sign Orton will. Your not quite entitled to strut around like a rooster yet! It has to worry you that KC is looking at legit QBs, so your theory isn't quite working out like you predicted.

With what Orton did in 3 games the Chiefs could have already gotten a deal done. That has yet to happen. Henne failed in Dabbolls offense last year, so can't see that as an upgrade. Quinn...been on the bench for WAY to long to be considered legit. Clausen has yet to prove himself as legit, but the Panthers seemed to give up on him pretty quick. Flynn is Cassell 2.0. Vince Young is to unstable. Gerrard is to old. Which leaves Cambell as the only legit QB that I can think of, unless they consider trading up and drafting Ryan Tannehill( because Luck and RG3 are a lock to go 1 and 2) . And with other teams w/ needs at QB, I think he and Orton go elsewhere. Cassell gets another year to prove that he's NOT the answer at QB, but this time w/ a better back-up than Tyler Palko. Sorry but this is NOTHING to get excited over. The Chiefs go yet another year without upgrading the most important position(and the position that in my opinion is what is holding this team back) the starting QB. But at least the Chiefs can continue to be cheap and short change it's fan base.

I think its because I've been a fan for so long and don't know any better that I continue to support this team. I love my Chiefs but since Lamar passed and Pioli arrived... I am really disappointed that this team is run like a business (in that profit is the bottom line) and not like a sports franchise where winning and heart are what defines its successes. I miss having an owner who was a fan of the game and not a Goldman Sachs businessman always putting huge profits ahead of actually building ateam capable of winning a Super Bowl.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs a good fit for Manning   Chiefs a good fit for Manning - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 3:18 pm

redross006 wrote:
BigRatt wrote:
redross006 wrote:

With what Orton did in 3 games the Chiefs could have already gotten a deal done. That has yet to happen. Henne failed in Dabbolls offense last year, so can't see that as an upgrade. Quinn...been on the bench for WAY to long to be considered legit. Clausen has yet to prove himself as legit, but the Panthers seemed to give up on him pretty quick. Flynn is Cassell 2.0. Vince Young is to unstable. Gerrard is to old. Which leaves Cambell as the only legit QB that I can think of, unless they consider trading up and drafting Ryan Tannehill( because Luck and RG3 are a lock to go 1 and 2) . And with other teams w/ needs at QB, I think he and Orton go elsewhere. Cassell gets another year to prove that he's NOT the answer at QB, but this time w/ a better back-up than Tyler Palko. Sorry but this is NOTHING to get excited over. The Chiefs go yet another year without upgrading the most important position(and the position that in my opinion is what is holding this team back) the starting QB. But at least the Chiefs can continue to be cheap and short change it's fan base.

I think its because I've been a fan for so long and don't know any better that I continue to support this team. I love my Chiefs but since Lamar passed and Pioli arrived... I am really disappointed that this team is run like a business (in that profit is the bottom line) and not like a sports franchise where winning and heart are what defines its successes. I miss having an owner who was a fan of the game and not a Goldman Sachs businessman always putting huge profits ahead of actually building ateam capable of winning a Super Bowl.

I guess Manning or Orton is not an legit? Those are the only 2 that I want out of the names you mention. It's the only 2 I think the brass want as well. You cant help the fact that Manning doesn't want to come here. I have no doubt that if interest had been given by Manning that they would have done whatever possible to get the deal done. Money is not an important motivator any more for Manning in this stage of his career. Hes looking at places where he has establish relationships. Hes good friends with Elway and shoots Golf with Whisenhunt out in Zona. Just in the fact that both Crennel and Hunt both went public says they are willing to admit failures in regards to Cassell. This Manning saga his been brewing for awhile now, and I think they have been waiting on Orton to see what happens. Crennel and Zorn no doubt both like Orton and Crennel is endebted to Orton because he probably wouldn't have the job otherwise. Orton is only 29 and i think he will resigned.
Back to top Go down
redross006
Amateur
Amateur
redross006

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs a good fit for Manning   Chiefs a good fit for Manning - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 3:34 pm

I hope so but the y haven't shown me anything other than loyalty to Cassell so far. Talk is cheap... kinda like the Chiefs. Thats the general consensus around the league.
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs a good fit for Manning   Chiefs a good fit for Manning - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 4:11 pm

I've been saying that the Chiefs are cheap since Clark took over. I will say though that If they go out and get one of the FA pro bowl guards and the NT from Miami the chiefs will be in decent shape. I still say Cassel is the worst starting QB in the league and they should go with Orton but Cassel is Piolis guy and his ego is too big to admit he is terrible. I would also make a play for Jacobs.
Back to top Go down
redross006
Amateur
Amateur
redross006

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs a good fit for Manning   Chiefs a good fit for Manning - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 5:49 pm

Chiefs09 wrote:
I've been saying that the Chiefs are cheap since Clark took over. I will say though that If they go out and get one of the FA pro bowl guards and the NT from Miami the chiefs will be in decent shape. I still say Cassel is the worst starting QB in the league and they should go with Orton but Cassel is Piolis guy and his ego is too big to admit he is terrible. I would also make a play for Jacobs.

I would agree 100%. Except that as long as Cassel is Qb we are screwed. Especially if Manning goes to Denver. It is being reported that if the Broncos land Manning that their next target could be Vincent Jackson. Now that sounds like a team doing what it takes to win a championship. To bad that a team in our division is showing us how a winning franchise is run. I fucking hate Denver too.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs a good fit for Manning   Chiefs a good fit for Manning - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 10:11 pm

As Peyton Manning continues his free agency tour, a few teams have been bounced out of the tournament, whether of their own volition or not. Manning apparently had a very positive and productive visit with the Denver Broncos, according to Mike Klis of the Denver Post, and then, he wound his way down to Arizona, where he met with Cardinals officials, head coach Ken Whisenhunt, and receiver Larry Fitzgerald.

Manning is now out of Arizona, having returned to his Florida home. There's no indication whether he will meet with the Miami Dolphins, who are rumored to be ready to put on the full-court press, but Klis says in a very interesting report that Manning intends to make his decision by Tuesday -- that's the starting day of the new league year and the point where teams can officially negotiate with non-released free agents.

Klis wrote that Manning didn't being agent Tom Condon along on either visit, and that neither the Broncos not the Cardinals have made official offers. Manning apparently chose to make these visits more informal so that he could get a better sense of what each team was really like without the potentially adversarial aspect of money talk mucking things up. Manning was apparently very impressed with the Broncos organization after speaking with everyone in the front office, and the Cardinals countered Denver's more informal approach with more of a "red-carpet treatment."

What Klis knows, after speaking to several league sources, is that the Seattle Seahawks and Kansas City Chiefs are out of the running. Both teams contacted Manning and requested that he come to their facilities, but were rebuffed.

Klis also reports that the much-ballyhooed "surprise teams" in the run for Manning might be two: The Tennessee Titans and San Francisco 49ers. Titans owner Bud Adams recently went public with his preference that Manning come back to Tennessee (where he went to college), and there appears to be a school of thought that if the 49ers can't come to terms with free-agent quarterback Alex Smith, they might post a late bid of interest.

This is all speculation at this point, but one thing's for sure -- the Manning derby is about to get even more interesting and intense. Stay tuned!
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs a good fit for Manning   Chiefs a good fit for Manning - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 10:13 pm

Well thats that. I figured he would be to good to come to KC and it looks like I was right! On to Kyle Orton, get er done!
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs a good fit for Manning   Chiefs a good fit for Manning - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 10:17 pm

Mike Kils of the Denver Post reported that Kansas City and Seattle both reached out to Manning and wanted to visit with him. However, Manning declined, according to Kils.

Manning declining Kansas City's visit gives Broncos fans a huge boost of confidence. Even if Manning does not end up in Denver, fans don't need to worry about their team having to face Manning twice a year. It is likely that Manning liked his chances of reaching the playoffs with Denver than he did with Kansas City.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs a good fit for Manning   Chiefs a good fit for Manning - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 10:18 pm

I hope Hali or Houston finishes Manning's neck off if he signs with the Donks!
Back to top Go down
redross006
Amateur
Amateur
redross006

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs a good fit for Manning   Chiefs a good fit for Manning - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 10:35 pm

Soooo.... Manning says thanks but no thanks to K.C. Couldn't have anything to do w/ all the offseason publicity about the negative environment that Hunt and Pioli have created at Arrowhead could it. Face it no one wants to play for an owner who's only concern is making a profit, or a G.M. w/ an over inflated ego. Lets hope that no one else shows interest in Orton... because if ANYONE does, I am willing to bet he will pass on the Chiefs too. Hunt won't have to spend any of that cap $$$ because no legitimate FA's will have any interest in coming to K.C. unless they have no other real options. What a sad franchise the Chiefs have become since Lamar Hunt passed away. If Manning does go to Denver ( which is starting to look like the most likely scenario) the Chiefs will be fighting for 3rd place in the AFC West.

I said from the beginning that Manning to K.C. was never gonna happen. Anyone wanna go double or nothing on Orton or any other QB good enough to beat out Cassel coming to KC?
Back to top Go down
KCJay
Pro
Pro
KCJay

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs a good fit for Manning   Chiefs a good fit for Manning - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 12:45 am

So, just because Peyton Manning doesn't want to come here, we are doomed..Sure, it was a pipe dream, but at least they offered the guy a contract...You can't make the guy do what he doesn't want to do..

We still have key players coming back from injury, we still have a new coach that the players believe in, we have oodles of cap space, and the draft is right around the corner..IMO, even if the Donks actually do get Manning, we are still a better overall team going into next season, Cassell or no Cassell..

Calm yourself..and just for the record, nobody likes a boaster..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs a good fit for Manning   Chiefs a good fit for Manning - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chiefs a good fit for Manning
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next