ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Latest images  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
Geno Smith
Rams decide to deal 2nd overall pick. Bar_left45%Rams decide to deal 2nd overall pick. Bar_right
 45% [ 15 ]
Luke Joekel
Rams decide to deal 2nd overall pick. Bar_left12%Rams decide to deal 2nd overall pick. Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Domontre Moore
Rams decide to deal 2nd overall pick. Bar_left3%Rams decide to deal 2nd overall pick. Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Jarvis Jones
Rams decide to deal 2nd overall pick. Bar_left9%Rams decide to deal 2nd overall pick. Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Manti Te'o
Rams decide to deal 2nd overall pick. Bar_left3%Rams decide to deal 2nd overall pick. Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Star Lotulelei
Rams decide to deal 2nd overall pick. Bar_left6%Rams decide to deal 2nd overall pick. Bar_right
 6% [ 2 ]
Tyler Wilson
Rams decide to deal 2nd overall pick. Bar_left12%Rams decide to deal 2nd overall pick. Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Other
Rams decide to deal 2nd overall pick. Bar_left9%Rams decide to deal 2nd overall pick. Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 33
Latest topics
» Bones Stagione 7 Ita
Rams decide to deal 2nd overall pick. EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 2:04 pm by 

» Paragon Partition Manager 12 10.1.19.15721 Personal
Rams decide to deal 2nd overall pick. EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:20 pm by 

Rams decide to deal 2nd overall pick. EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

Rams decide to deal 2nd overall pick. EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

Rams decide to deal 2nd overall pick. EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:18 pm by 

Advertisement

Rams decide to deal 2nd overall pick.

Go down 
+2
RustShack
BigRatt
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

Rams decide to deal 2nd overall pick. Empty
PostSubject: Rams decide to deal 2nd overall pick.   Rams decide to deal 2nd overall pick. EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 11:24 pm

The St. Louis Rams have decided to trade the No. 2 pick, league sources said Monday.

According to sources, the Rams already have had trade discussions with the Cleveland Browns (No. 4), Washington Redskins (No. 6) and Miami Dolphins (No. 8), each of whom is scheduled to pick in the top eight in April's draft.

The Rams, who already have quarterback and 2010 top pick Sam Bradford, also have discussed a potential trade with teams outside the top 10, according to a source, but it will be challenging for one to surrender enough compensation to vault to the second overall pick.

The Rams are seeking a deal similar to what the San Diego Chargers got for the rights to 2004 top overall pick Eli Manning, sources said Monday.

Manning was selected by the Chargers with the No. 1 overall pick in 2004 and traded to the New York Giants for two first-round picks, a third-round pick and a fifth-round choice.

With those picks, the Chargers ended up adding quarterback Philip Rivers, linebacker Shawne Merriman and kicker Nate Kaeding, all of whom have made multiple Pro Bowls.

The team that trades up to No. 2 on April 26 will likely select either quarterback Andrew Luck or Robert Griffin III.

St. Louis' second overall choice became the focal point after RG3's sterling effort at the combine in Indianapolis on Sunday cemented Griffin and Luck as the likely top two overall picks on April 26.

While neither Luck nor Griffin decided to throw at the Indianapolis event, Griffin was officially clocked at 4.41 in the 40-yard dash, while Luck came in at 4.67. Luck also put his versatility on display Sunday. His broad jump (10 feet, 4 inches) was two inches short of quarterback Cam Newton 's best in 2011, and Luck's vertical jump (36 inches) was better than Newton's (35). Griffin was better than Luck in the vertical jump (39 inches) but fell short in the broad jump (10 feet).

The Indianapolis Colts, who hold the No. 1 pick, have said they will draft a successor to quarterback Peyton Manning with the top pick.

Among the teams Griffin interviewed with in Indianapolis were Miami, Washington, Minnesota and Kansas City. He said all went well, including his talk with Indianapolis executives trying to decide what to do with Manning and that top pick.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Rams decide to deal 2nd overall pick.   Rams decide to deal 2nd overall pick. EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 11:25 pm

No Chiefs in that discussion.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Rams decide to deal 2nd overall pick.   Rams decide to deal 2nd overall pick. EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 11:40 pm

Chiefs open to trading up or down in the first round

The Chiefs got a big victory during the Combine, grabbing the 11th pick in the draft after winning a coin toss against the Seahawks, who will choose 12th. It may not seem like much of a difference, but GM Scott Pioli felt the win helps the Chiefs whether they want to keep the pick or trade it. "Not only is it a better opportunity for you to get what you want, but if there is an opportunity to make a trade, you are one spot higher, and the value of that pick is going to be that much greater," the GM said.
Back to top Go down
http://arrowheaddrive.com
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Rams decide to deal 2nd overall pick.   Rams decide to deal 2nd overall pick. EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 11:40 pm

It would cost the Chiefs basically their entire draft this year AND next year to move up that far. ESPECIALLY with other teams also trying to move up. Not happening.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Rams decide to deal 2nd overall pick.   Rams decide to deal 2nd overall pick. EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 11:55 pm

RustShack wrote:
It would cost the Chiefs basically their entire draft this year AND next year to move up that far. ESPECIALLY with other teams also trying to move up. Not happening.

It was a good dream while it lasted. According to the value chart it would take 2 - 1sts, 3rd and 5th this year and a 2nd next year to = 2800 points.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Rams decide to deal 2nd overall pick.   Rams decide to deal 2nd overall pick. EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 12:08 am

Theres a pretty good chance those teams with higher picks are going to offer more.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

PostSubject: Re: Rams decide to deal 2nd overall pick.   Rams decide to deal 2nd overall pick. EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 2:09 am

I have a feeling this is going to be the biggest move up to grab a player in the draft since the Saints gave the farm for Ricky Williams. Cleveland or Washington is going to go all out for the guy.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Rams decide to deal 2nd overall pick.   Rams decide to deal 2nd overall pick. EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 2:13 am

I'm sure Shanahan wants him.. real bad.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

PostSubject: Re: Rams decide to deal 2nd overall pick.   Rams decide to deal 2nd overall pick. EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 2:18 am

I just cant see St. Louis taking the risk of moving to 6 and potentially losing out on Blackmon since in all likelyhood that is their guy. Unless they are 100% confident he will be there then its likely going to be Cleveland. If the Redskins dont land Griffin I honestly see them moving back into the 8-20 range and going with Tannehill. I have a feeling Tannehill is going to go way higher than he should in this draft.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Rams decide to deal 2nd overall pick.   Rams decide to deal 2nd overall pick. EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 2:30 am

Just like last year, teams had no problems reaching on QB's.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Rams decide to deal 2nd overall pick.   Rams decide to deal 2nd overall pick. EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 3:20 am

RustShack wrote:
Theres a pretty good chance those teams with higher picks are going to offer more.

I think your right. I found a report that says he will fetch the equivalent of 3 - 1st round draft picks. Fuck all that noise! QB is important but thats insane business. The Rams have to be grinning like a possum eating shit! Wouldn't be surprised to see it be 2 - 1sts, 2 - 2nds, and a 3rd for good measure.

"From the Miami Sun Sentinel, they take a look at what the Rams could demand for the rights to that pick. Any team that pays for Griffin will likely trade the equivalent of three first round picks. What does that mean? Think of it as a swap of first-rounders this year, a second rounder in 2012, a first and maybe a third in 2013. And all that to move up a couple of spots."

Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Rams decide to deal 2nd overall pick.   Rams decide to deal 2nd overall pick. EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 3:34 am

Touchdown Bowe wrote:
I have a feeling this is going to be the biggest move up to grab a player in the draft since the Saints gave the farm for Ricky Williams. Cleveland or Washington is going to go all out for the guy.

If he hits the way I think he will then it will be easily worth the price. I dont know that I would have the nuts to make that kind of play! Problem is, he is going to take this years entire draft and next years 1st to sounds like.
Back to top Go down
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro
OutlawChief

PostSubject: Re: Rams decide to deal 2nd overall pick.   Rams decide to deal 2nd overall pick. EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 5:45 pm

SI.com's Peter King confirms the Rams have already received a trade "feeler" for the No. 2 pick from a team "you would never expect."
Let the intrigue begin. Our initial guesses are the Chiefs, Eagles, Broncos, and perhaps the Jets. Chiefs coach Romeo Crennel and GM Scott Pioli were blown away by RGIII over the weekend. Griffin told King he "really enjoyed" his time with Andy Reid, and the Eagles have a pair of second-rounders in addition to Asante Samuel and DeSean Jackson to dangle in front of St. Louis. Regardless, the Browns and Redskins remain the heavy favorites to land RGIII.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Rams decide to deal 2nd overall pick.   Rams decide to deal 2nd overall pick. EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 6:43 pm

OutlawChief wrote:
SI.com's Peter King confirms the Rams have already received a trade "feeler" for the No. 2 pick from a team "you would never expect."
Let the intrigue begin. Our initial guesses are the Chiefs, Eagles, Broncos, and perhaps the Jets. Chiefs coach Romeo Crennel and GM Scott Pioli were blown away by RGIII over the weekend. Griffin told King he "really enjoyed" his time with Andy Reid, and the Eagles have a pair of second-rounders in addition to Asante Samuel and DeSean Jackson to dangle in front of St. Louis. Regardless, the Browns and Redskins remain the heavy favorites to land RGIII.

I think Cleveland is in the drivers seat and it will be determined from whether they are interested or not. I wouldn't be surprised for Pioli to pick up the phone and check it out. I dont think he probally liked what he heard though.
Back to top Go down
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro
OutlawChief

PostSubject: Re: Rams decide to deal 2nd overall pick.   Rams decide to deal 2nd overall pick. EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 7:33 pm

Yeah I don't think it will happen either. I am hearing Cleveland could trade 3 1st rounders, 2 this year and 1 next. That is insane just to move up 2 spots. I mean RG3 could be great, but it isn't a sure thing. I wouldn't chance it.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Rams decide to deal 2nd overall pick.   Rams decide to deal 2nd overall pick. EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 11:15 pm

I heard if Washington can't get RG3 they are prepared to draft Tannahill at six.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Rams decide to deal 2nd overall pick.   Rams decide to deal 2nd overall pick. EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 3:40 pm

QB Robert Griffin III has all the intangibles that the Browns could put to good use immediately.
There's a growing sense that the Cleveland Browns should trade up and draft Baylor quarterback Robert Griffin III. I'm here to tell you that the Browns must do it.

If they want an offensive playmaker. If they want a face for the franchise. If they eventually want to win a Super Bowl.

There are arguments against Cleveland giving up a handful of valuable picks for the Heisman Trophy winner. For each one, I will give you a convincing rebuttal on why RG3 is the Browns' only option at quarterback, from that golden arm to those priceless Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles socks.

RG3 is more athletic than most NFL quarterbacks and he's faster than most running backs. His wit is extremely quick as well. "I hope somebody falls in love with me, other than my fiancee," he said when asked about the Browns possibly trading up to No. 2 to get him.

Let the Miami Dolphins sign Matt Flynn. Let another team panic and draft Ryan Tannehill in the top 10. Griffin is different than both of those quarterbacks. He's special. He has that "it" factor that turned around the Baylor football program and figures prominently in any NFL reclamation project.

I know Flynn threw for 480 yards and six touchdowns in one game last season and Tannehill is a better fit for the West Coast offense. But RG3 brings charisma, excitement and plenty of crazy socks (yes, even Hello Kitty ones). He'll not only be the face of the franchise. He'll be the mouthpiece, too.

The drafting of RG3 would sell tickets. Actually, I think he would go out and sell tickets himself if you ask him. In yesterday's SportsNation poll, 42 percent of the nearly 8,000 voters think RG3 should be the Browns' starting quarterback in 2012.

2012 NFL Draft

Round 1: Thurs., April 26
Rounds 2-3: Fri., April 27
Rounds 4-7: Sat., April 28
Radio City Music Hall, New York City
Rd. 1 order | Draft home
The Browns have been irrelevant in the NFL for too long. That's what happens when you lose 97 games in nine seasons. RG3 brings bite back to the Dawg Pound.

"It would be fun to compete with Colt [McCoy]," Griffin said. "I played him one year in college, and he beat us. Maybe I'd have to go out there and beat him. Other than that, it would be an honor to go to Cleveland, to go anywhere. As far as the team goes, they just need that motivation, they need that inspiration. They've got the coaches in place to be successful."

Of course, moving up two spots from No. 4 to draft RG3 comes at a steep price. The St. Louis Rams, who hold the second overall pick, are seeking a deal similar to what the San Diego Chargers got for the rights to 2004 top overall pick Eli Manning, sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter. Manning was selected by the Chargers with the No. 1 overall pick in 2004 and traded to the New York Giants for two first-round picks, a third-round pick and a fifth-round choice.

That's a teeth-gnashing amount of picks to give up for the Browns, who have the fourth and 22nd overall picks in this year's first round. They are not one quarterback away from winning a championship. Cleveland needs draft choices to rebuild an offense that ranked 29th in yards and 30th in points scored.

But the Browns need someone to build around. And, if Cleveland doesn't do this, another team like the Washington Redskins gladly will. Why? Teams don't win Super Bowls without franchise quarterbacks these days. In fact, six of the past seven Super Bowl winners started quarterbacks that they selected in the first round.

Just like the Browns, the Giants were coming off a 4-12 season when they handed over those picks for Manning in the 2004 draft. Two Lombardi Trophies later and the Giants aren't second-guessing the decision.

To be honest, there really isn't a decision for the Browns when you look at the alternatives.

Cleveland could sign Flynn, a longtime backup for the Green Bay Packers, in free agency. Instead of draft picks, it would cost the Browns a $50 million contract to someone who's made two career NFL starts. Flynn doesn't have prototypical size or elite arm strength. He's a timing passer who makes decisive reads but won't be able to deliver the throw on a 25-yard comeback route.

If the Browns wanted a quarterback like that, then they should just stick with McCoy. Of course, the Flynn scenario allows the Browns to keep the fourth overall pick and presumably use it on Oklahoma State wide receiver Justin Blackmon. The problem is, Blackmon isn't on the same level as A.J. Green, the wide receiver who was selected No. 4 last year, or Julio Jones, whom the Browns passed on last year. Blackmon also doesn't possess the speed that the Cleveland wide receiver group needs.

Another direction the Browns could take is trading back a few spots from the No. 4 to select Tannehill in the top 10 and acquire more picks. Tannehill is the third-best quarterback in this draft but he comes with his own share of questions. He started only 19 games at Texas A&M because he spent his first 2 1/2 seasons there as a wide receiver. Tannehill is as big of a gamble as Flynn in terms of experience.

The other option is sticking with McCoy as the starter for another season. Supporters of McCoy say you can't judge him properly because he doesn't have a supporting cast. I just get the sense that some don't want to start over again at quarterback, which is understandable. The Browns have had 16 starting quarterbacks since rejoining the NFL in 1999, which averages out to a different quarterback every 13 games.

McCoy won't lead a team to a championship, and it wouldn't matter if his top receiver was Calvin Johnson or Larry Fitzgerald. He can't throw an accurate deep ball in a league where passing downfield is essential. McCoy is a limited quarterback, whereas RG3 offers limitless potential.

The Browns will only have themselves to blame if they lose out on RG3. Cleveland can give the Rams what no one else can — the fourth overall pick. That would allow St. Louis to address a major need, whether it's drafting Blackmon or offensive tackle Matt Kalil.

Drafting RG3 will require more work in free agency. The Browns have to spend money to improve at wide receiver (perhaps Pierre Garcon) and running back (if Cleveland makes the right call and parts ways with Peyton Hillis).

Still, the addition of RG3 provides a foundation for the offense and a hope for the future.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Rams decide to deal 2nd overall pick.   Rams decide to deal 2nd overall pick. EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 7:36 pm

I would be OK with Cleveland getting RG3, Washington Tannahill, and Miami Flynn. Who else needs a QB? The Seahawks? Seems like the Chiefs are in good shape to land Manning or at least Orton. Worst case Henne or Quinn as competition at least.
Back to top Go down
FatThucker
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Rams decide to deal 2nd overall pick.   Rams decide to deal 2nd overall pick. EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 11:14 pm

RustShack wrote:
I would be OK with Cleveland getting RG3, Washington Tannahill, and Miami Flynn. Who else needs a QB? The Seahawks? Seems like the Chiefs are in good shape to land Manning or at least Orton. Worst case Henne or Quinn as competition at least.

Worst case would truly be Clausen
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Rams decide to deal 2nd overall pick.   Rams decide to deal 2nd overall pick. EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 2:09 pm

Chiefs | Have talked about No. 2 pick in NFL Draft
Wed, 29 Feb 2012 11:05:59 -0800
The Kansas City Chiefs have held preliminary talks with the St. Louis Rams regarding the No. 2 overall pick in the NFL Draft. The Chiefs have expressed interest in Baylor QB Robert Griffin III. Head coach Romeo Crennel gushed about Griffin during the NFL Scouting Combine, saying he is the kind of player "you go up to get."
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Rams decide to deal 2nd overall pick.   Rams decide to deal 2nd overall pick. EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 11:32 pm

[quote="RustShack"]Chiefs | Have talked about No. 2 pick in NFL Draft
Wed, 29 Feb 2012 11:05:59 -0800
The Kansas City Chiefs have held preliminary talks with the St. Louis Rams regarding the No. 2 overall pick in the NFL Draft. The Chiefs have expressed interest in Baylor QB Robert Griffin III. Head coach Romeo Crennel gushed about Griffin during the NFL Scouting Combine, saying he is the kind of player "you go up to get."
[/quote

Check that shit out Dog! Apparently we must of been the team that was the team that you would never expect reported the other day. I thought Pioli might check it out until he heard the price. This would be fucking cool if he pulls it off! Might he bundle Carr and perhaps Bowe to go up to 2? At the very least he offers Carr. If we lose Bowe there are plenty of WRs in FA to replace him. Not something that I would normally consider but if they would do the trade for Bowe, Carr, our #11, and a 3rd to sweeten the pot for a franchise QB. I think I would make that trade in a heartbeat! If we keep Bowe and offer up to two 1sts, Carr, and a 3rd. I'm ok with that to.
Back to top Go down
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro
chiefbravebull

PostSubject: Re: Rams decide to deal 2nd overall pick.   Rams decide to deal 2nd overall pick. EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 8:26 am

It would be freakin awesome but will never happen.

Hope Im wrong though. I say send them Dorsey, #11 pick, first rounder next year, and our third this year. They need a DT like Dorsey and his contract will be up for us and Bailey is ready to take over.
Back to top Go down
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro
OutlawChief

PostSubject: Re: Rams decide to deal 2nd overall pick.   Rams decide to deal 2nd overall pick. EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 4:37 pm

chiefbravebull wrote:

Hope Im wrong though. I say send them Dorsey, #11 pick, first rounder next year, and our third this year. They need a DT like Dorsey and his contract will be up for us and Bailey is ready to take over.

Would prefer this trade over Bowe and Carr. Mostlikely Bowe will be tagged and Carr already signed somewhere else by draft time anyway. Unless the Rams are trying to get the sweetest deal before FA starts.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Rams decide to deal 2nd overall pick.   Rams decide to deal 2nd overall pick. EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 5:24 pm

I think they want the deal done before free agency before teams sign QB's.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Rams decide to deal 2nd overall pick.   Rams decide to deal 2nd overall pick. EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 6:21 pm

chiefbravebull wrote:

If they would give us value for Dorsey than I would do that. I doubt they credit us much over a 3rd round pick for Dorsey. If we are going to lose certain players this year or next, we may as well use them as trade bait and go up and get us a QB. I got to figure this whole thing with the Rams is Piolis smoke screen for the Draft.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rams decide to deal 2nd overall pick.   Rams decide to deal 2nd overall pick. Empty

Back to top Go down

Rams decide to deal 2nd overall pick.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next