ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Latest images  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
Geno Smith
Competition for Cassel - Page 4 Bar_left45%Competition for Cassel - Page 4 Bar_right
 45% [ 15 ]
Luke Joekel
Competition for Cassel - Page 4 Bar_left12%Competition for Cassel - Page 4 Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Domontre Moore
Competition for Cassel - Page 4 Bar_left3%Competition for Cassel - Page 4 Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Jarvis Jones
Competition for Cassel - Page 4 Bar_left9%Competition for Cassel - Page 4 Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Manti Te'o
Competition for Cassel - Page 4 Bar_left3%Competition for Cassel - Page 4 Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Star Lotulelei
Competition for Cassel - Page 4 Bar_left6%Competition for Cassel - Page 4 Bar_right
 6% [ 2 ]
Tyler Wilson
Competition for Cassel - Page 4 Bar_left12%Competition for Cassel - Page 4 Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Other
Competition for Cassel - Page 4 Bar_left9%Competition for Cassel - Page 4 Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 33
Latest topics
» Bones Stagione 7 Ita
Competition for Cassel - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 2:04 pm by 

» Paragon Partition Manager 12 10.1.19.15721 Personal
Competition for Cassel - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:20 pm by 

Competition for Cassel - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

Competition for Cassel - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

Competition for Cassel - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:18 pm by 

Advertisement

Competition for Cassel

Go down 
+5
Touchdown Bowe
chiefbravebull
OutlawChief
RustShack
kcchiefs
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
kcchiefs
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
kcchiefs

Competition for Cassel - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Competition for Cassel   Competition for Cassel - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 12:56 am

First topic message reminder :

Chiefs GM Scott Pioli and coach Romeo Crennel are now "adamant" that Matt Cassel will face competition for his starting job in 2012.
Their stance is a departure from Crennel's unqualified support for Cassel at his introductory press conference three weeks ago. "Who that [competition] is, I don't know," said Pioli. "Maybe it's Kyle (Orton), maybe it's another free agent, maybe it's a draft choice. Very few people can perform at an extremely high level without competition." Cassel will likely enter training camp atop the depth chart regardless. Source: Kansas City Star Feb 2 - 9:05 PM
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Competition for Cassel   Competition for Cassel - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 7:30 pm

I think the Chiefs would need to offer more than that as we are picking 11th.
Back to top Go down
http://arrowheaddrive.com
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Competition for Cassel   Competition for Cassel - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 11:33 pm

OutlawChief wrote:
chiefbravebull wrote:
I would love to see is get RG3 but at what cost!

The number 11 pick, a third rounder and next years first, maybe even throw a player in there like a Dorsey who we might not resign.

I still dont think I am even close to what it would cost.

Reports are coming out that the Rams are looking for two 1st rounders a 3rd and 5th. And that the Browns are now in the drivers seat to make this happen. I don't see KC coming close to matching this.

nope, my either! Cleveland should be the one to get this done as the Rams would still get Blackmon at 4.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Competition for Cassel   Competition for Cassel - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 11:34 pm

RustShack wrote:
I think the Chiefs would need to offer more than that as we are picking 11th.

Thats about what I thought it would take.
Back to top Go down
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro
OutlawChief

PostSubject: Re: Competition for Cassel   Competition for Cassel - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 10:22 pm

Quarterback not named Matt Cassel who has the best chance to be the Chiefs starter next year? Gotta be Peyton Manning. The Chiefs aren't going to trade up and select Luck and probably not RG3 either. And no other quarterback on the open market is an upgrade over Cassel (which tells you all you need to know about quarterback depth on the free agent market). Nick's been saying all week that Manning is the only player other than Cassel that has a shot to be the Chiefs quarterback next year. I think that's a good take.

Nick Wright on 610 Sports Radio
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Competition for Cassel   Competition for Cassel - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 11:21 pm

Orton also could beat Cassel out, but yes Manning is the best option and there isn't much else out there.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Competition for Cassel   Competition for Cassel - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 11:33 pm

If Orton is resigned there is no way he doesn't beat Cassell next year.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Competition for Cassel   Competition for Cassel - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 11:40 pm

I'm about 90% sure our starting QB next year is Orton or Manning. About 99% sure it wont be Cassel.

Honestly I think if Cassel is the starter, it is just because we got out bid on all of our other options. Not that I think it would Pioli being "cheap" either, it would be other teams ridiculously dumb with their money.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Competition for Cassel   Competition for Cassel - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 2:45 am

By Bill Williamson

Our blog network looked at the possibilities for where Peyton Manning can land after the legendary Indianapolis quarterback is cut.

Each divisional blogger was in charge of forecasting the chances of each team in their division signing Manning. We put Kansas City, Miami and Washington as the teams with the best chances of signing Manning.

I’m not confident the Chiefs will be the team that ends up signing Manning, but I do believe they will show interest once he is available. I put Denver as having “medium” interest in Manning. The Broncos are probably a dark horse, but I can’t see a scenario where Manning is on the market and John Elway doesn't at least consider signing a fellow legendary quarterback.

In other AFC West news:

In an Insider piece, ESPN analyst Todd McShay believes Memphis defensive tackle Dontari Poe might have put himself in position to be taken by the Chiefs with the No. 11 overall pick. Poe is emerging in a fairly strong group of defensive tackles. The Chiefs and the Broncos (who pick No. 25) are in the market for a defensive tackle early in the draft.

New Oakland offensive coordinator Greg Knapp believes quarterback Carson Palmer and running back Darren McFadden are perfect fits for his offense.
Back to top Go down
redross006
Amateur
Amateur
redross006

PostSubject: Re: Competition for Cassel   Competition for Cassel - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 8:08 pm

RustShack wrote:
I'm about 90% sure our starting QB next year is Orton or Manning. About 99% sure it wont be Cassel.

I'm 99% sure that you have no clue what you are talking about. The Chiefs have already said that Matt Cassell is their starting QB. They will bring in competition but I 'm pretty sure that if Cassell is on the roster, he WILL be the starter. I don't like it, but it's what I am 100% sure will happen .Sorry but Manning IS NOT coming to KC. Get your head out of the clouds.
Back to top Go down
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro
chiefbravebull

PostSubject: Re: Competition for Cassel   Competition for Cassel - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 12:56 am

I wouldnt say Manning wouldnt be here. It is a possibility. If he becomes available, Pioli will look into it and see what the price is. I think though that in most likely hood it will be Cassel starting for us.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

PostSubject: Re: Competition for Cassel   Competition for Cassel - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 3:03 am

Starting QB next year...

Cassel - 40%
Orton - 40%
Manning - 20%

Cassel is the only guarenteed player to be here.
Orton is a free agent but the Chiefs want him back, and its in their best interest to get him signed ASAP.
Manning could come assuming Clark is ready to shell out the big bucks and outbid other teams like the Redskins and Jets.

As far as getting to the playoffs with these guys..

Cassel - 20%
Orton - 60%
Manning - 95%

Cassel sucks..its a fact of life. No further detail needed.
Orton is 2-1 here with both victories coming against playoff teams. Offense really clicked even without Jamaal Charles. Team really rallied around him.
Manning would almost guarentee us a spot in the playoffs. Our defense was playing borderline elite WITHOUT Eric Berry last year. Give Peyton his best run game and possibly one of his best recieving cores ever and we may see a great great season unfold. Assuming his nerve heals completely.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Competition for Cassel   Competition for Cassel - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 5:39 am

redross006 wrote:
RustShack wrote:

I'm 99% sure that you have no clue what you are talking about. The Chiefs have already said that Matt Cassell is their starting QB. They will bring in competition but I 'm pretty sure that if Cassell is on the roster, he WILL be the starter. I don't like it, but it's what I am 100% sure will happen .Sorry but Manning IS NOT coming to KC. Get your head out of the clouds.

Lol when have they ever said Cassel is the starting QB? Or are you just talking about hes currently the starter over Stanzi the only other QB under contract? Because you are a total douche if you expect Stanzi to the "starting' over Cassel right now.
Back to top Go down
redross006
Amateur
Amateur
redross006

PostSubject: Re: Competition for Cassel   Competition for Cassel - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 3:35 pm

RustShack wrote:
redross006 wrote:
RustShack wrote:

Lol when have they ever said Cassel is the starting QB? Or are you just talking about hes currently the starter over Stanzi the only other QB under contract? Because you are a total douche if you expect Stanzi to the "starting' over Cassel right now.

And your a misguided if you think anyone other than Cassell is the starter next year. Although I think it would be great for Manning to come to K.C.and I think it is the BEST situation for him to come into compared to other teams showing interest, Pioli has always said that he does not want to build a 1 to 2 year winner... he wants to build a team that will be a contender for many years to come. You do not accomplish that by possibly overpaying an aging veteran who is coming off an season marred w/ 3 possibly 4 surgical procedure's that have a history of ending careers. I think he will stick w/ Cassell and bring in a young QB to "compete" w/ Cassell and take over the starting job mid season or in 2013 if Cassell plays like Cassell always plays.... like shit. Oh and kudo's on the name calling... shows how much of an adult you are... I guess you can't respond to criticism without it. By the way when did I ever say Stanzi would start over Cassell????
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Competition for Cassel   Competition for Cassel - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 5:04 pm

Henne expected to make more than $4 million-per-season
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on February 29, 2012, 4:46 PM EST

Among quarterbacks expected to change teams this offseason, there’s Peyton Manning, Matt Flynn, and everyone else.

Chad Henne is reportedly getting the most attention of everyone else.

Alex Marvez of FOXSports.com reports that Henne is drawing the strongest consideration of any of the “1A” quarterback options.

Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Competition for Cassel   Competition for Cassel - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 5:09 pm

I don't think Orton is as highly sought after as you do.

Colts, Chiefs, Browns, Dolphins, and Redskins are in the market for a QB.

Luck and RG3 will obviously take two of those spots, and there's strong rumors that the Redskins will take Tannahill if they can't get RG3.

So, two to three of those teams won't be in the market for a FA QB, leaving leaving two or three to get a free agent. Manning, Flynn, Henne, Orton. Then there's Jason Campbell too.

If my math is correct, we have a real good chance of landing a new starting QB next year. Also that is why St. Louis is trying to trade their pick now instead of waiting until draft day like what always happens, after teams sign free agents, the value of that pick decreases because it wont be as high of a demand for it.

But hey, keep on hatin on.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Competition for Cassel   Competition for Cassel - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 5:12 pm

Oh and the Seahawks might also be looking for a new QB. But points still the same. Chiefs are still the best destination because of the weapons on offense and because of the defense, for any player that wants to win that is.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Competition for Cassel   Competition for Cassel - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 11:25 pm

RustShack wrote:
I don't think Orton is as highly sought after as you do.

Colts, Chiefs, Browns, Dolphins, and Redskins are in the market for a QB.

Luck and RG3 will obviously take two of those spots, and there's strong rumors that the Redskins will take Tannahill if they can't get RG3.

So, two to three of those teams won't be in the market for a FA QB, leaving leaving two or three to get a free agent. Manning, Flynn, Henne, Orton. Then there's Jason Campbell too.

If my math is correct, we have a real good chance of landing a new starting QB next year. Also that is why St. Louis is trying to trade their pick now instead of waiting until draft day like what always happens, after teams sign free agents, the value of that pick decreases because it wont be as high of a demand for it.

But hey, keep on hatin on.

I just wonder how many teams that dont need a QB but will bench their marginal QB for a guy like Manning. Texans, Jets, 49ers, Arizona are some of the better teams that come to mind not to mention us.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Competition for Cassel   Competition for Cassel - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Competition for Cassel
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4