ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Latest images  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
Geno Smith
Competition for Cassel Bar_left45%Competition for Cassel Bar_right
 45% [ 15 ]
Luke Joekel
Competition for Cassel Bar_left12%Competition for Cassel Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Domontre Moore
Competition for Cassel Bar_left3%Competition for Cassel Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Jarvis Jones
Competition for Cassel Bar_left9%Competition for Cassel Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Manti Te'o
Competition for Cassel Bar_left3%Competition for Cassel Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Star Lotulelei
Competition for Cassel Bar_left6%Competition for Cassel Bar_right
 6% [ 2 ]
Tyler Wilson
Competition for Cassel Bar_left12%Competition for Cassel Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Other
Competition for Cassel Bar_left9%Competition for Cassel Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 33
Latest topics
» Bones Stagione 7 Ita
Competition for Cassel EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 2:04 pm by 

» Paragon Partition Manager 12 10.1.19.15721 Personal
Competition for Cassel EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:20 pm by 

Competition for Cassel EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

Competition for Cassel EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

Competition for Cassel EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:18 pm by 

Advertisement

Competition for Cassel

Go down 
+5
Touchdown Bowe
chiefbravebull
OutlawChief
RustShack
kcchiefs
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
kcchiefs
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
kcchiefs

Competition for Cassel Empty
PostSubject: Competition for Cassel   Competition for Cassel EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 12:56 am

Chiefs GM Scott Pioli and coach Romeo Crennel are now "adamant" that Matt Cassel will face competition for his starting job in 2012.
Their stance is a departure from Crennel's unqualified support for Cassel at his introductory press conference three weeks ago. "Who that [competition] is, I don't know," said Pioli. "Maybe it's Kyle (Orton), maybe it's another free agent, maybe it's a draft choice. Very few people can perform at an extremely high level without competition." Cassel will likely enter training camp atop the depth chart regardless. Source: Kansas City Star Feb 2 - 9:05 PM
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Competition for Cassel   Competition for Cassel EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 12:52 pm

Just saying it so they can shock Chiefs nation when they sign Manning!
Back to top Go down
http://arrowheaddrive.com
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro
OutlawChief

PostSubject: Re: Competition for Cassel   Competition for Cassel EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 4:18 pm

Definately what they need. Finally glad to hear it.
Back to top Go down
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro
chiefbravebull

PostSubject: Re: Competition for Cassel   Competition for Cassel EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 7:58 pm

Shock the world and get Manning, then trade Cassel to someone like Washington, Miami, Cleveland, Seattle. Probably will have to realease him because of his contract.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

PostSubject: Re: Competition for Cassel   Competition for Cassel EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 3:43 am

If its not Kyle Orton then who the fuck else could it be? Manning and Orton are the only 2 QBs that would clearly beat out Cassel. Campbell could also if he plays well. This idea of competition in my mind is signing some broke dick QB who realistically has no chance at being our starter next year. All this is gonna do is make Cassel look better and give fans hope that he is improving. No. Fuck that. Cassel will be starting in 2012. Count on it.
Back to top Go down
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro
OutlawChief

PostSubject: Re: Competition for Cassel   Competition for Cassel EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 8:56 am

Touchdown Bowe wrote:
If its not Kyle Orton then who the fuck else could it be? Manning and Orton are the only 2 QBs that would clearly beat out Cassel. Campbell could also if he plays well. This idea of competition in my mind is signing some broke dick QB who realistically has no chance at being our starter next year. All this is gonna do is make Cassel look better and give fans hope that he is improving. No. Fuck that. Cassel will be starting in 2012. Count on it.

I agree actually if its not Manning or Orton I don't see anyone else available that would be an improvement anyway.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Competition for Cassel   Competition for Cassel EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 10:55 pm

Here's the free agent QB's I can think of that Daball has worked with before...

Derek Anderson
Brady Quinn
Chad Henne
Sage Rosenfels
Back to top Go down
redross006
Amateur
Amateur
redross006

PostSubject: Re: Competition for Cassel   Competition for Cassel EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 11:36 pm

RustShack wrote:
Here's the free agent QB's I can think of that Daball has worked with before...

Derek Anderson
Brady Quinn
Chad Henne
Sage Rosenfels

They all suck.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Competition for Cassel   Competition for Cassel EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 2:26 am

You're acting like we've been in a position to get someone better than Cassel and we passed. When were we ever in a spot to upgrade? Great QB's are not as easy to find as you have tried making it sound today. Do you really think if we were in a position to upgrade Pioli would pass? Yeah that's not a star studded list I just posted, but they are still players than can make a little bit of a competition which makes players better. Can't help the cards you are dealt, you have to do what you can to get by until a franchise QB comes around... which is pretty rare.
Back to top Go down
redross006
Amateur
Amateur
redross006

PostSubject: Re: Competition for Cassel   Competition for Cassel EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 2:56 am

RustShack wrote:
You're acting like we've been in a position to get someone better than Cassel and we passed. When were we ever in a spot to upgrade? Great QB's are not as easy to find as you have tried making it sound today. Do you really think if we were in a position to upgrade Pioli would pass? Yeah that's not a star studded list I just posted, but they are still players than can make a little bit of a competition which makes players better. Can't help the cards you are dealt, you have to do what you can to get by until a franchise QB comes around... which is pretty rare.

Orton is CLEARLY better and I'm willing to bet that the Chiefs make NO effort whatsoever to resign him.
Back to top Go down
SylvesterMalone1978
All-Pro
All-Pro
SylvesterMalone1978

PostSubject: Re: Competition for Cassel   Competition for Cassel EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 2:07 pm

Wow sadly he's right in hindsight. No one we've passed on and hated Pioli for ended up being better than Cassel... Hard to say what Pioli will do with Orton since we haven't been in this situation. But him saying we need competition sounds like it could happen. Even interviews so far sound like he's not against upgrading at QB at all unlike previous years when he said he was confident in Cassel.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Competition for Cassel   Competition for Cassel EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 3:53 pm

redross006 wrote:
RustShack wrote:

Orton is CLEARLY better and I'm willing to bet that the Chiefs make NO effort whatsoever to resign him.

I'm an Orton fan and hes the only one I want in FA other than Manning! If it was up to me, Cassell would be traded the 1st day of FA for whatever I could take from some poor sucker of a team.
Back to top Go down
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro
OutlawChief

PostSubject: Re: Competition for Cassel   Competition for Cassel EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 4:54 pm

I think we keep Cassel for competition purposes. Hell unless we get many or Orton still a good chance he is our starter again next season. And even if we get Orton not positive he beats out Cassel. I know alot of you guys think Orton is better. But I think they a very similar OB.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Competition for Cassel   Competition for Cassel EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 7:39 pm

I completely agree Ratt, Orton is who I want if we don't land Manning. IMO hes a pussy if he thinks he can't come back and beat out Cassel. The players really rallied behind Orton almost as much as they did behind Crennel and thats a big reason why he got the job back. Crennel openly said he only got the job because of Orton, and that he deserves a chance next year. After that, players openly said we need better QB play.

If Pioli was as involved as people think on who plays, there's a pretty good chance his guy Stanzi would have been starting over Haley's guy Palko. If you want to say Palko was Pioli's guy, he wouldn't have let Crennel bench him for Orton. Pioli wouldn't have even signed Orton to begin this controversy in the first place if hes so set on Cassel still. I bet Pioli would have rather the guy he signed(Gaither) play over someone Herm/Carl drafted. The HC has a little bit more pull that you guys want to believe.

But back to the topic. #1 Manning or #2 Orton. If both get away maybe RG3 does fall, one of the two QB's who's supposed to go 1-2 falls about every year so maybe we get lucky. If not, I say sign Sage Roesnfells or Brady Quin to give Cassel at least a little competition and another veteran backup to help groom Stanzi. Quinn actually played in this scheme in college, Cleveland, AND Denver... so it makes a lot of sense.
Back to top Go down
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro
chiefbravebull

PostSubject: Re: Competition for Cassel   Competition for Cassel EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 8:27 pm

I would agree with that order for sure. I doubt RGIII slips enough for us to get him. It would be great if he did.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

PostSubject: Re: Competition for Cassel   Competition for Cassel EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 11:36 pm

I will shit a brick of Orton resigns with us. He tried to make it clear that he didnt want to come here before he was claimed off waivers. I honestly dont even think Orton is that bad of a QB and he would greatly benefit from what weapons we have on offense. The guy gets the ball down the field and led us to a 2-1 record at the end of the season..and the 2 teams we beat just happened to be playoff teams..and hell we should have beat Oakland as well. Cassel needs to get the hell out ASAP. That man is nothing but a cancer to this team. Not in the locker room but on the field. I tried to support the guy for the longest time, but after watching Orton come in and just get this offense clicking and firing with the minimal run game we had..its crazy.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Competition for Cassel   Competition for Cassel EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 11:58 pm

Orton wanted to go to Chicago plain and simple. But he wont be going there now that Cutler will be back and healthy. Orton probably didn't expect us to be as "good" as we were either.
Back to top Go down
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro
chiefbravebull

PostSubject: Re: Competition for Cassel   Competition for Cassel EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 12:15 am

The only thing that will keep Orton from us is Washington or Miami or Seattle. Those three will be getting ahold of him.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Competition for Cassel   Competition for Cassel EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 1:19 am

RustShack wrote:
I completely agree Ratt, Orton is who I want if we don't land Manning. IMO hes a pussy if he thinks he can't come back and beat out Cassel. The players really rallied behind Orton almost as much as they did behind Crennel and thats a big reason why he got the job back. Crennel openly said he only got the job because of Orton, and that he deserves a chance next year. After that, players openly said we need better QB play.

If Pioli was as involved as people think on who plays, there's a pretty good chance his guy Stanzi would have been starting over Haley's guy Palko. If you want to say Palko was Pioli's guy, he wouldn't have let Crennel bench him for Orton. Pioli wouldn't have even signed Orton to begin this controversy in the first place if hes so set on Cassel still. I bet Pioli would have rather the guy he signed(Gaither) play over someone Herm/Carl drafted. The HC has a little bit more pull that you guys want to believe.

But back to the topic. #1 Manning or #2 Orton. If both get away maybe RG3 does fall, one of the two QB's who's supposed to go 1-2 falls about every year so maybe we get lucky. If not, I say sign Sage Roesnfells or Brady Quin to give Cassel at least a little competition and another veteran backup to help groom Stanzi. Quinn actually played in this scheme in college, Cleveland, AND Denver... so it makes a lot of sense.

I hope your right about RG3! I would lick my own ball sack if it happened. I have heard some talk that Indy likes RG3 about as much as Luck. Some even say there is a chance that Indy might go RG3 over Luck, thats a little hard to believe but its out there. Colts owner was even saying he likes RG3, it may be a smoke screen and it may not.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Competition for Cassel   Competition for Cassel EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 2:38 am

Flynn is likely heading to Miami. I think Josh Johnson is a QB Shanny would be interested in if he can't talk Snyder into trading up for RG3. Manning, Campbell, and Henne are a few other QB's teams might be interested in. But there's no way Miami, Seattle, or Washington is a better situation for Orton. We have a top notch defense and a lot of weapons. We also run the only scheme Orton has had success in. He would be a fool to walk unless we don't attempt to bring him back because we get Manning.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Competition for Cassel   Competition for Cassel EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 2:50 am

Another thing that might make Pioli more interested in Manning... he is willing to not have high contract guaranteed, but instead make it totally incentive laden so its based on his performance.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Competition for Cassel   Competition for Cassel EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 2:49 pm

What Daboll looks for in a QB-

Quote :
On characteristics he looks at in a quarterback: “Accuracy, I would say, pocket presence and I would say his ability to lead the troops under pressure. He is going to have to be good on third down in terms of handling pressure looks that he is going to get and beating man-to-man coverage. He is going to have to be accurate with the football.”

Sounds like he wont be a fan of Cassel.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Competition for Cassel   Competition for Cassel EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 5:13 pm

RustShack wrote:
What Daboll looks for in a QB-

Quote :
On characteristics he looks at in a quarterback: “Accuracy, I would say, pocket presence and I would say his ability to lead the troops under pressure. He is going to have to be good on third down in terms of handling pressure looks that he is going to get and beating man-to-man coverage. He is going to have to be accurate with the football.”

Sounds like he wont be a fan of Cassel.

If that is truly the standard he will stick to and not just chatter, Cassell wont even be 2nd string!
Back to top Go down
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro
OutlawChief

PostSubject: Re: Competition for Cassel   Competition for Cassel EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 5:21 pm

Matt Cassel isn’t going anywhere
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on February 7, 2012, 1:11 PM EST

APWhen the 2011 season ended, it was worth wondering if Matt Cassel was a lock to return to the Chiefs. It’s not worth wondering anymore.

Romeo Crennel seems to want a competition at quarterback, but his statements have indicated that Cassel will be part of that competition. New offensive coordinator Brian Daboll supported that notion Tuesday.

“A have a lot of confidence in Matt Cassel. I’ve watched him on tape and I know the player,” Daboll said via Josh Looney of KCChiefs.com.

Keeping Cassel makes sense. With Crennel in charge, the Chiefs are hoping to maintain as much continuity as possible. Cassel is “only” due $5.25 million this year after costing much more in previous years.

We wouldn’t be surprised to see the Chiefs bring back Kyle Orton or bring in a quality rookie to compete with Cassel. But Cassel remains the heavy favorite to be the Week 1 starter.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Competition for Cassel   Competition for Cassel EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 5:38 pm

Yes, Cassel is obviously the favorite to win the job currently as him and Stanzi are the only two under contract. It is probably good for Daboll to not talk down on his current best option, so what else is he supposed to say? But hey he did make Matt Moore look pretty decent, maybe he can do the same for a more talented Cassel. But I still think Orton will also be his favorite of the most realistic options.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Competition for Cassel   Competition for Cassel Empty

Back to top Go down

Competition for Cassel
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next