ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Latest images  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
Geno Smith
Competition for Cassel - Page 3 Bar_left45%Competition for Cassel - Page 3 Bar_right
 45% [ 15 ]
Luke Joekel
Competition for Cassel - Page 3 Bar_left12%Competition for Cassel - Page 3 Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Domontre Moore
Competition for Cassel - Page 3 Bar_left3%Competition for Cassel - Page 3 Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Jarvis Jones
Competition for Cassel - Page 3 Bar_left9%Competition for Cassel - Page 3 Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Manti Te'o
Competition for Cassel - Page 3 Bar_left3%Competition for Cassel - Page 3 Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Star Lotulelei
Competition for Cassel - Page 3 Bar_left6%Competition for Cassel - Page 3 Bar_right
 6% [ 2 ]
Tyler Wilson
Competition for Cassel - Page 3 Bar_left12%Competition for Cassel - Page 3 Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Other
Competition for Cassel - Page 3 Bar_left9%Competition for Cassel - Page 3 Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 33
Latest topics
» Bones Stagione 7 Ita
Competition for Cassel - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 2:04 pm by 

» Paragon Partition Manager 12 10.1.19.15721 Personal
Competition for Cassel - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:20 pm by 

Competition for Cassel - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

Competition for Cassel - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

Competition for Cassel - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:18 pm by 

Advertisement

Competition for Cassel

Go down 
+5
Touchdown Bowe
chiefbravebull
OutlawChief
RustShack
kcchiefs
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
kcchiefs
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
kcchiefs

Competition for Cassel - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Competition for Cassel   Competition for Cassel - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 12:56 am

First topic message reminder :

Chiefs GM Scott Pioli and coach Romeo Crennel are now "adamant" that Matt Cassel will face competition for his starting job in 2012.
Their stance is a departure from Crennel's unqualified support for Cassel at his introductory press conference three weeks ago. "Who that [competition] is, I don't know," said Pioli. "Maybe it's Kyle (Orton), maybe it's another free agent, maybe it's a draft choice. Very few people can perform at an extremely high level without competition." Cassel will likely enter training camp atop the depth chart regardless. Source: Kansas City Star Feb 2 - 9:05 PM
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Competition for Cassel   Competition for Cassel - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 2:18 am

Yeah Daboll didn't seem to confident in Henne and pushed for the Dolphins to trade for Orton... thankfully Denver wanted too much for him.
Back to top Go down
http://arrowheaddrive.com
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro
OutlawChief

PostSubject: Re: Competition for Cassel   Competition for Cassel - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 7:23 pm

ESPN.com's Bill Williamson believes free agent QB Chad Henne "has to be considered one of the possibilities" to compete against Matt Cassel in Kansas City.
The obvious connection is to new coordinator Brian Daboll, who ran the offense when Henne opened the 2011 season as the starter in Miami. Now that Daboll is bringing his offense to Kansas City, Henne makes more sense than fellow free agent Kyle Orton as a backup to or competition for Cassel.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Competition for Cassel   Competition for Cassel - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 7:42 pm

He probably has no idea that the Dolphins tried trading for Kyle Orton before the season started... Or that Kyle Orton runs this scheme very well.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

PostSubject: Re: Competition for Cassel   Competition for Cassel - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 1:08 am

Daboll does run essentially the same offense Muir/Haley ran..right?
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Competition for Cassel   Competition for Cassel - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 1:34 am

Well he knows it well since he was with the Patriots for a good amount of years.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

PostSubject: Re: Competition for Cassel   Competition for Cassel - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 1:45 am

Id rather bring back Orton than bring in Henne. Hell I'd be for Clausen over Henne.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Competition for Cassel   Competition for Cassel - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 1:51 am

I'm completely for Clausen assuming we have no shot at Luck and RG3.
Back to top Go down
FatThucker
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Competition for Cassel   Competition for Cassel - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 5:11 pm

RustShack wrote:
I'm completely for Clausen assuming we have no shot at Luck and RG3.

I gotta say, I'm not at all surprised to find out you're still jackin' it to Clausen. The guy's gonna be suckin dick for coke in back alleys within 3 years. I suggest you start saving up your coke.

The only suitable free agent QBs would be a healthy Peyton Manning, Kyle Orton, Matt Flynn and possibly Jason Campbell. Otherwise Cassel's only competition will come from the incompetent Ricky Stanzi and a new QB taken in the draft.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Competition for Cassel   Competition for Cassel - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 7:41 pm

Lol Matt Flynn? You want this years version of Matt Cassel to compete with Matt Cassel? Manning and Orton are the only of those two I'd be interested in. Then it would be Clausen. Then Henne and Quinn, who would at least be competition I guess. Clausen is the young wildcard with all the tools to be successful. Last year was the first time in his life shit wasn't just handed and catered too him, I would hope that straightens him out a little and he knows he has to work now.
Back to top Go down
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro
chiefbravebull

PostSubject: Re: Competition for Cassel   Competition for Cassel - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 8:41 pm

If we dont draft somebody or get Manning, Clausen is a great option. I still think Daboll might push for Henne.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Competition for Cassel   Competition for Cassel - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 9:08 pm

I honestly think one of either QB, Manning or Orton will be the starter next year.
Back to top Go down
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro
OutlawChief

PostSubject: Re: Competition for Cassel   Competition for Cassel - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 9:23 pm

Speaking at the Scouting Combine, Chiefs GM Scott Pioli expressed some interest in re-signing free agent Kyle Orton.
Re-signing Orton wouldn't be aiming high, but it at least would give Matt Cassel legitimate veteran competition. "We’ve talked to Kyle’s people," Pioli said. "It sounds like Kyle would like to be with us. We’ve told Kyle we’d like to continue to work with him. ... Things have to work out (contractually)."
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Competition for Cassel   Competition for Cassel - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 9:29 pm

OutlawChief wrote:
Speaking at the Scouting Combine, Chiefs GM Scott Pioli expressed some interest in re-signing free agent Kyle Orton.
Re-signing Orton wouldn't be aiming high, but it at least would give Matt Cassel legitimate veteran competition. "We’ve talked to Kyle’s people," Pioli said. "It sounds like Kyle would like to be with us. We’ve told Kyle we’d like to continue to work with him. ... Things have to work out (contractually)."

I like it!

Last edited by BigRatt on Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro
chiefbravebull

PostSubject: Re: Competition for Cassel   Competition for Cassel - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 10:50 pm

Would love to see Orton kick Cassel out of here.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Competition for Cassel   Competition for Cassel - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 12:55 am

chiefbravebull wrote:
Would love to see Orton kick Cassel out of here.

Pioli would have to be one blind som bitch to not want Orton back after what he saw of Orton with the offense. Of course thats only if Manning cant be had.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Competition for Cassel   Competition for Cassel - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 4:52 pm

Crennel: Chiefs “would be crazy not to consider” Manning if available

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on February 25, 2012, 3:26 PM EST

Chiefs G.M. Scott Pioli wouldn’t discuss the possibility of adding Peyton Manning when Pioli was asked at the Combine. Chiefs coach Romeo Crennel was a little more revealing.

Crennel first gave the requisite tampering disclaimer: “We can’t talk about players under contract with other teams.”

And then he said how he really felt.

“With a talent like that, I would be crazy not to consider it if he’s available. I’ll leave it at that,” Crennel said.

The Chiefs have a lot to consider at quarterback. Crennel said he was interested in bringing Kyle Orton back. If Orton returned, there would be an open competition at quarterback with Matt Cassel.

“I probably wouldn’t be standing here if not for Kyle,” Crennel said.

The Chiefs could also invest a draft pick at the quarterback position. Perhaps they could be a dark horse to trade up in the Robert Griffin sweepstakes. (Yes, it would be difficult for the Chiefs to pull off. But they could be sleepers.)

Crennel came away “very impressed” with Griffin after speaking with him Friday night. He said he could have talked to Griffin for an hour because he was so engaging and thoughtful.

Add up all these comments and it’s clear Matt Cassel has been put on notice. He’s going to face competition at the very least. Perhaps the Chiefs will even bring in a “franchise quarterback” that will make Cassel expendable.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Competition for Cassel   Competition for Cassel - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 7:15 pm

Trade up for RG3 and resign Orton to tutor him on a 2 year deal. In the meantime we can get RG3 in the game in some nice sub packages. Trade Cassell the fuck out of here! That is what I would do.
Back to top Go down
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro
chiefbravebull

PostSubject: Re: Competition for Cassel   Competition for Cassel - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 7:30 pm

I would love to see is get RG3 but at what cost!

The number 11 pick, a third rounder and next years first, maybe even throw a player in there like a Dorsey who we might not resign.

I still dont think I am even close to what it would cost.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Competition for Cassel   Competition for Cassel - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 7:41 pm

Yeah we aren't also trading next years first round pick.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Competition for Cassel   Competition for Cassel - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 8:21 pm

RustShack wrote:
Yeah we aren't also trading next years first round pick.

I would, but I doubt Pioli will. Cant forget that Carr could play into this. He is worth a 1st round pick so its possible that the 11th, Carr, this years 3rd or next years 2nd could get the job done! The Rams dont have much of anything at CB and Carr would be one of the best available this year. Since we only have a 5th in Carr, I would be so happy with this trade! However, Cleveland is sitting in the drivers seat. It will depend on whether or not they want to go up for RG3. They are at 4 and would be the logical spot to trade with the Rams as the Rams most likely would still get Blackmon at 4. If for some strange reason Cleveland is not interested then the Skins at 6 will be.
Back to top Go down
FatThucker
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Competition for Cassel   Competition for Cassel - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 11:17 pm

chiefbravebull wrote:

The number 11 pick, a third rounder and next years first, maybe even throw a player in there like a Dorsey who we might not resign.

How about DBowe and the #11? The Rams would get a Pro Bowl receiver and still hold a high 1st rounder instead of adding later and/or future picks and drafting more of a lottery ticket with Justin Blackmon.

Back to top Go down
FatThucker
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Competition for Cassel   Competition for Cassel - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 11:18 pm

And the money they saved by trading Bowe could be used to resign Brandon Carr
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Competition for Cassel   Competition for Cassel - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 12:33 am

[quote="FatThucker"]
chiefbravebull wrote:

How about DBowe and the #11? The Rams would get a Pro Bowl receiver and still hold a high 1st rounder instead of adding later and/or future picks and drafting more of a lottery ticket with Justin Blackmon.

Actually I just posted a tweet that Canfora let loose. Crennel and Pioli acknowledged that the league is changing and they want 3 outstanding CBs. Could them tagging Bowe next week be so that they can trade him? Unless it's a complete smoke screen it sounds like they will sign Carr and tag Bowe to trade. Could a D. Bowe and #11 pairing be coming to move up with the Rams? It actually makes alot of sense from both sides. Rams get a good WR and could take one of the best O lineman available at 11 like Martin or Decastro, a CB like Kirkpatrick, or another WR like Floyd. We finally get our franchise QB that has alluded us for so long! With Bowes crucial drops in important situations it wouldn't hurt my feelings a whole lot. We could then go out in FA and get us another WR.
Back to top Go down
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro
chiefbravebull

PostSubject: Re: Competition for Cassel   Competition for Cassel - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 11:49 pm

Allot of shit is gonna go down once FA starts, its gonna be crazy and exciting to see what happens. I just hope Pioli and Hunt dont sit back to much and try to ride it out, and see allot of missed opportunities.
Back to top Go down
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro
OutlawChief

PostSubject: Re: Competition for Cassel   Competition for Cassel - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 7:12 pm

chiefbravebull wrote:

Reports are coming out that the Rams are looking for two 1st rounders a 3rd and 5th. And that the Browns are now in the drivers seat to make this happen. I don't see KC coming close to matching this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Competition for Cassel   Competition for Cassel - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Competition for Cassel
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next