ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Latest images  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
Geno Smith
Chiefs Extend Greenwood  Bar_left45%Chiefs Extend Greenwood  Bar_right
 45% [ 15 ]
Luke Joekel
Chiefs Extend Greenwood  Bar_left12%Chiefs Extend Greenwood  Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Domontre Moore
Chiefs Extend Greenwood  Bar_left3%Chiefs Extend Greenwood  Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Jarvis Jones
Chiefs Extend Greenwood  Bar_left9%Chiefs Extend Greenwood  Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Manti Te'o
Chiefs Extend Greenwood  Bar_left3%Chiefs Extend Greenwood  Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Star Lotulelei
Chiefs Extend Greenwood  Bar_left6%Chiefs Extend Greenwood  Bar_right
 6% [ 2 ]
Tyler Wilson
Chiefs Extend Greenwood  Bar_left12%Chiefs Extend Greenwood  Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Other
Chiefs Extend Greenwood  Bar_left9%Chiefs Extend Greenwood  Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 33
Latest topics
» Bones Stagione 7 Ita
Chiefs Extend Greenwood  EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 2:04 pm by 

» Paragon Partition Manager 12 10.1.19.15721 Personal
Chiefs Extend Greenwood  EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:20 pm by 

Chiefs Extend Greenwood  EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

Chiefs Extend Greenwood  EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

Chiefs Extend Greenwood  EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:18 pm by 

Advertisement

Chiefs Extend Greenwood

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

Chiefs Extend Greenwood  Empty
PostSubject: Chiefs Extend Greenwood    Chiefs Extend Greenwood  EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 8:15 pm

The Chiefs have reportedly agreed to a four-year, $2.75 million extension with LB Cory Greenwood.
Scheduled to be an exclusive rights free agent, Greenwood led Chiefs special teamers with 12 tackles in 2011. Undrafted out of Concordia University in Canada, Greenwood has been a core special teamer since signing in Kansas City two years ago.
Back to top Go down
http://arrowheaddrive.com
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro
OutlawChief

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs Extend Greenwood    Chiefs Extend Greenwood  EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 9:39 pm

Need to Resign Bowe, Carr, and McClain. But Greenwood is a good special teamer. We just have bigger things to take care of.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs Extend Greenwood    Chiefs Extend Greenwood  EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 12:01 am

chiefs have already resigned alot of these types of players
Back to top Go down
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro
chiefbravebull

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs Extend Greenwood    Chiefs Extend Greenwood  EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 12:27 am

Just to keep the roster rounded out with good ST players
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs Extend Greenwood    Chiefs Extend Greenwood  EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 2:41 am

OutlawChief wrote:
Need to Resign Bowe, Carr, and McClain. But Greenwood is a good special teamer. We just have bigger things to take care of.

Yeah lock up those three and everything else is just gravy.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs Extend Greenwood    Chiefs Extend Greenwood  EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 10:43 am

RustShack wrote:
OutlawChief wrote:

Yeah lock up those three and everything else is just gravy.

dont forget Orton!
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs Extend Greenwood    Chiefs Extend Greenwood  EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 1:39 pm

Yeah definitely get him back too.
Back to top Go down
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro
chiefbravebull

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs Extend Greenwood    Chiefs Extend Greenwood  EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 11:43 am

Having Orton back might even make Cassel better
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs Extend Greenwood    Chiefs Extend Greenwood  EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 1:11 pm

Yeah I don't think Cassel has been in a QB competition since college, and he lost it.
Back to top Go down
KCJay
Pro
Pro
KCJay

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs Extend Greenwood    Chiefs Extend Greenwood  EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 12:07 am

Good signing..We made a mistake letting Gary Stills go a few years ago..Great blocker and special teamer..Greenwood reminds me of him..

Back to top Go down
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro
OutlawChief

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs Extend Greenwood    Chiefs Extend Greenwood  EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 6:26 pm

If Orton comes back, not sure Cassel will be here
Back to top Go down
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro
chiefbravebull

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs Extend Greenwood    Chiefs Extend Greenwood  EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 6:37 pm

I dont think Orton will be back next year. Cassel will start because of money reasons probably which is sad.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs Extend Greenwood    Chiefs Extend Greenwood  EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 7:16 pm

Crennel has openly stated Orton deserves a shot next year. Players have openly said since the Haley firing that the QB situation needs fixed. Pioli listened to the locker room in hiring Crennel, he should do the same and at the very least allow a QB competition between Cassel and Orton.

Everything about this team has seemed completely different since Haley got fired. A lot of rumors were that Haley was the one who wanted Cassel to be the QB and Weis didn't. Obviously Pioli is somewhere in there, but coaches and players have been more vocal the last three weeks than Haleys years here combined. Maybe he had more pull around KC that people thought and it wasn't all Pioli.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs Extend Greenwood    Chiefs Extend Greenwood  EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 7:46 pm

Here's a Q&A of all the quarterback talk from Crennel today:

Who will the quarterback be next year? "We have Matt and Stanzi under contract. Kyle is an unrestricted free agent. We have to go through that process of evaluating our team, our team needs and then go through the free agency process and see what happens there. The thing about free agency is, those unrestricted free agents, they have a choice. They can decide if they want to return or whether they want to go elsewhere. We can have a desire to potentially get a guy back but if that guy decides to go someplace else, there's nothing we can do about that. Right now we have Matt and Stanzi on the squad and we'll see what happens after this free agency."

Will Kyle Orton be back in 2012? "Kyle did a tremendous job for us and I'm probably not sitting here if Kyle hadn't done the job that he did. I'm very appreciative of that. I'm also appreciative of the fact that he is an unrestricted free agent and we have to go through the process. I would be unfair to him not to say that I appreciated what he did for me. I'm not going to say I didn't appreciate it but the situation is the situation. We have two quarterbacks under contract. He's not under contract. So we'll play it out and see what happens.

Can Matt Cassel win in Kansas City? "Matt Cassel has won here. We've been to a playoff with Matt Cassel. I don't think that Matt Cassel has fallen off the wagon overnight. I think he's a good talent. He's a good quarterback and he's taken us to a playoff. So I anticipate that he can do it again."

Can Cassel and Orton be on the same team? "That still has to be determined and a lot of that has to do with how Kyle feels because he's unrestricted. If he were under contract and we had both of them here I think it would be more of a dilemma for me than it is now. But he's unrestricted and he's not under contract so we'll have to see how the free agency thing pans out."
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs Extend Greenwood    Chiefs Extend Greenwood  EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 7:47 pm

"Kyle did a tremendous job for us and I'm probably not sitting here if Kyle hadn't done the job that he did. I'm very appreciative of that."

Translation. Kyle Orton is his QB! Thats one of the first things that came from his mouth and to me is a very telling tidbit. If I'm Crennel, I go to Orton and tell him hes my guy!
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs Extend Greenwood    Chiefs Extend Greenwood  EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 7:49 pm

I hope the only reason hes talking like that is because hes not under contract. It would be a real bad deal if he were to talk up Orton over Cassel and then Orton end up not even being here.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs Extend Greenwood    Chiefs Extend Greenwood  EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 7:52 pm

RustShack wrote:
I hope the only reason hes talking like that is because hes not under contract. It would be a real bad deal if he were to talk up Orton over Cassel and then Orton end up not even being here.

Fuck Cassell! I would rather go into the season with Stanzi over Cassell at this point. I think Orton will be back. He has to be intrigued in a HC who wants him to be here, not to mention all the weapons that will be here next year!
Back to top Go down
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro
chiefbravebull

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs Extend Greenwood    Chiefs Extend Greenwood  EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 8:57 pm

Orton wont be here because there are a few teams looking for starting QBs that will pay more money than we will for him. Cassel is the QB just face it. I think we should bring in a lower priced vet to back him up though for sure.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs Extend Greenwood    Chiefs Extend Greenwood  EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 12:07 am

chiefbravebull wrote:
Orton wont be here because there are a few teams looking for starting QBs that will pay more money than we will for him. Cassel is the QB just face it. I think we should bring in a lower priced vet to back him up though for sure.

We will free up about 6 million from the cap when Cassell gets traded. I will not face it that Cassell is the starter next year!
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs Extend Greenwood    Chiefs Extend Greenwood  EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 5:31 am

I really can't see a scenario where Orton isn't back next year.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs Extend Greenwood    Chiefs Extend Greenwood  EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 2:05 pm

RustShack wrote:
I really can't see a scenario where Orton isn't back next year.

I hope!
Back to top Go down
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro
OutlawChief

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs Extend Greenwood    Chiefs Extend Greenwood  EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 5:09 pm

I hope your right guys, but I almost agree with Chiefbravebull. I just have a feeling Cassel will be our QB next year. I am not sold Pioli has given up on him just yet. And if he is we do need to bring someone in to push him. Other than Palko. Not sure if Stanzi can do that. We haven't seen this kid yet.
Back to top Go down
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro
OutlawChief

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs Extend Greenwood    Chiefs Extend Greenwood  EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 6:27 pm

SI's Peter King expects Matt Cassel to return to the Chiefs in 2012.
Cassel is owed $5.25 million in base salary in 2012. Before landing on injured reserve with a hand injury following Week 10, he was a below-average NFL quarterback. Cassel posted a 10:9 TD-to-INT ratio and averaged just 190.3 passing yards per game. After new coach Romeo Crennel finds an offensive coordinator, he should turn his attention to finding competition for Cassel.
Back to top Go down
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro
chiefbravebull

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs Extend Greenwood    Chiefs Extend Greenwood  EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 9:00 pm

I dont think Pioli will be bringing in Orton. I think we would draft a QB like Foles in the second tound to push him. I am a huge Iowa fan and I doubt Stanzi has what it takes. I have been wrong before. Best case scenario for Stanzi is that he could be like an Orton and not be flashy and just manage a game and make good decisions.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs Extend Greenwood    Chiefs Extend Greenwood  EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 4:04 am

I really hope you are completely wrong.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs Extend Greenwood    Chiefs Extend Greenwood  Empty

Back to top Go down

Chiefs Extend Greenwood
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next