ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Latest images  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
Geno Smith
With the 5th pick the Chiefs select...from Tennessee Bar_left45%With the 5th pick the Chiefs select...from Tennessee Bar_right
 45% [ 15 ]
Luke Joekel
With the 5th pick the Chiefs select...from Tennessee Bar_left12%With the 5th pick the Chiefs select...from Tennessee Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Domontre Moore
With the 5th pick the Chiefs select...from Tennessee Bar_left3%With the 5th pick the Chiefs select...from Tennessee Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Jarvis Jones
With the 5th pick the Chiefs select...from Tennessee Bar_left9%With the 5th pick the Chiefs select...from Tennessee Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Manti Te'o
With the 5th pick the Chiefs select...from Tennessee Bar_left3%With the 5th pick the Chiefs select...from Tennessee Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Star Lotulelei
With the 5th pick the Chiefs select...from Tennessee Bar_left6%With the 5th pick the Chiefs select...from Tennessee Bar_right
 6% [ 2 ]
Tyler Wilson
With the 5th pick the Chiefs select...from Tennessee Bar_left12%With the 5th pick the Chiefs select...from Tennessee Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Other
With the 5th pick the Chiefs select...from Tennessee Bar_left9%With the 5th pick the Chiefs select...from Tennessee Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 33
Latest topics
» Bones Stagione 7 Ita
With the 5th pick the Chiefs select...from Tennessee EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 2:04 pm by 

» Paragon Partition Manager 12 10.1.19.15721 Personal
With the 5th pick the Chiefs select...from Tennessee EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:20 pm by 

With the 5th pick the Chiefs select...from Tennessee EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

With the 5th pick the Chiefs select...from Tennessee EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

With the 5th pick the Chiefs select...from Tennessee EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:18 pm by 

Advertisement

With the 5th pick the Chiefs select...from Tennessee

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
FatThucker
All-Pro
All-Pro

With the 5th pick the Chiefs select...from Tennessee Empty
PostSubject: With the 5th pick the Chiefs select...from Tennessee   With the 5th pick the Chiefs select...from Tennessee EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 10:15 pm

Nose Tackle Dan Williams! It seems plenty of you out there would be thrilled to land Eric Berry or a left tackle, but I agree with the assessment that Albert doesn't fit the mold for a right tackle and there is no point in playing him at guard with the free agent signings. I also agree that you can't trust a safety to be there for you week in and week out. He is dynamic and would be a huge boost to the secondary. I just think there will be better values in the later rounds. As for linebackers and receivers, Pioli doesn't have much of a history picking these positions early in the draft there will still be plenty of talent in the second and third rounds.

That leaves the most critical position in the 3-4 defense. Why leave that to chance on a later round. If Pioli believes that Dan Williams has as much potential as the 'draft experts' claim, nose tackle would be the ideal position to fill. Ideally, Pioli would trade back a few picks from #5 in hopes that he falls that far. If not, simply take the best player available.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

PostSubject: Re: With the 5th pick the Chiefs select...from Tennessee   With the 5th pick the Chiefs select...from Tennessee EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 10:32 pm

Sadly, I wont be shocked if Pioli did something this dumb. Theres several NTs in rounds 2-5 who have pretty good potential..Cody, Thomas, Troup just to name a few..KC needs a playmaker whether its Jimmy Clausen, Eric Berry, Rolando McClain, or even Dez Bryant..But with Pioli's past of putting the DL ahead of everything else, this wouldnt shock me one bit..
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: With the 5th pick the Chiefs select...from Tennessee   With the 5th pick the Chiefs select...from Tennessee EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 11:28 pm

I honestly can't see him selecting Williams at all.
Back to top Go down
http://arrowheaddrive.com
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

PostSubject: Re: With the 5th pick the Chiefs select...from Tennessee   With the 5th pick the Chiefs select...from Tennessee EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 2:55 pm

It just wouldnt make any sense to take a NT that high when theres several NTs with starting potential later in the draft.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: With the 5th pick the Chiefs select...from Tennessee   With the 5th pick the Chiefs select...from Tennessee EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 3:03 pm

And besides that point, he doesn't even fit our defense as well as Terrance Cody does.
Back to top Go down
ccardwell67
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
ccardwell67

PostSubject: Re: With the 5th pick the Chiefs select...from Tennessee   With the 5th pick the Chiefs select...from Tennessee EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 5:02 pm

ya if were going that high on one the only one im remotely ok with is cody cause he fits our scheme perfectly
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

PostSubject: Re: With the 5th pick the Chiefs select...from Tennessee   With the 5th pick the Chiefs select...from Tennessee EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 6:38 pm

I heard on NFL Network somewhere that several NFL scouts think Cody is gonna get back up to 370 at some point this year
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: With the 5th pick the Chiefs select...from Tennessee   With the 5th pick the Chiefs select...from Tennessee EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 6:41 pm

I don't really care. Ted Washington was the same way and thats what we want.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

PostSubject: Re: With the 5th pick the Chiefs select...from Tennessee   With the 5th pick the Chiefs select...from Tennessee EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 6:47 pm

I dont either..im just hoping it scares away any teams that were thinking about taking him in the 1st round
Back to top Go down
FatThucker
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: With the 5th pick the Chiefs select...from Tennessee   With the 5th pick the Chiefs select...from Tennessee EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 7:41 pm

I do not understand why everyone has this big hard-on for Cody. Just because he has eaten himself into the Super Obese category doesn't make him a quality nose tackle. It just makes him a fat ass who's about to sign for a whole lot of Super Sized Extra Value Meal money.

The name we've always heard that Tyson Jackson compared to was Richard Seymour. The name I've heard several times that Dan Williams compares to is Vince Wilfork. Romeo Crennel falls from the same Belichick Tree as Pioli. So unless Clark Hunt is lusting after Mt. Cody as much as everyone else, he won't be with the Chiefs unless he makes it to the third round.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: With the 5th pick the Chiefs select...from Tennessee   With the 5th pick the Chiefs select...from Tennessee EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 7:46 pm

I have never heard anyone ever compare Williams to Wilfork. Strangely enough, I have heard Pioli himself compare Cody to Wilfork. Others have compared him to Washington, who is actually the one who started over Wilfork his rookie year and was the Patriots starting NT before Wilfork. Being a fat fuck is what our system wants out of the NT. Williams, would be a NT more suited for the style of 3-4 that the Steelers run.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: With the 5th pick the Chiefs select...from Tennessee   With the 5th pick the Chiefs select...from Tennessee EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 8:02 pm

Cody is also a true NT. Besides his size and strengths, hes already got experience in a 3-4. He was coached by someone that Pioli likes to get his players from, someone who ironically is the one that recruited Tyson Jackson. Jackson, like Cody, is a perfect fit for our 2 gap scheme.. but neither would be great fits for other 3-4 teams. We want our NT to first, take up multiple blockers. That is something Cody can do very well. The next thing would want is to stop the run and to collapse the pocket, those two bonuses are also things Cody can do for us. Don't get me wrong, Williams is a better prospect and would fit most teams better including 4-3 teams, but for OUR scheme.. Cody is by far the better fit.
Back to top Go down
ccardwell67
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
ccardwell67

PostSubject: Re: With the 5th pick the Chiefs select...from Tennessee   With the 5th pick the Chiefs select...from Tennessee EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 8:25 pm

couldnt have explained it more perfect rust
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

PostSubject: Re: With the 5th pick the Chiefs select...from Tennessee   With the 5th pick the Chiefs select...from Tennessee EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 8:34 pm

Ive never heard Williams being compared to Wilfork either..I've heard Cody is the best 3-4 NT to come out in years though..and the last great one to come out was Wilfork..
Back to top Go down
ccardwell67
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
ccardwell67

PostSubject: Re: With the 5th pick the Chiefs select...from Tennessee   With the 5th pick the Chiefs select...from Tennessee EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 8:36 pm

all i have heard is how williams will be a awesome 4-3 dt
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: With the 5th pick the Chiefs select...from Tennessee   With the 5th pick the Chiefs select...from Tennessee EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 8:48 pm

I think Williams is a great 4-3 NT who could be a good 3-4 NT.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: With the 5th pick the Chiefs select...from Tennessee   With the 5th pick the Chiefs select...from Tennessee Empty

Back to top Go down

With the 5th pick the Chiefs select...from Tennessee
Page 1 of 1