ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Latest images  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
Geno Smith
Alex Smith to the Chiefs? - Page 2 Bar_left45%Alex Smith to the Chiefs? - Page 2 Bar_right
 45% [ 15 ]
Luke Joekel
Alex Smith to the Chiefs? - Page 2 Bar_left12%Alex Smith to the Chiefs? - Page 2 Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Domontre Moore
Alex Smith to the Chiefs? - Page 2 Bar_left3%Alex Smith to the Chiefs? - Page 2 Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Jarvis Jones
Alex Smith to the Chiefs? - Page 2 Bar_left9%Alex Smith to the Chiefs? - Page 2 Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Manti Te'o
Alex Smith to the Chiefs? - Page 2 Bar_left3%Alex Smith to the Chiefs? - Page 2 Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Star Lotulelei
Alex Smith to the Chiefs? - Page 2 Bar_left6%Alex Smith to the Chiefs? - Page 2 Bar_right
 6% [ 2 ]
Tyler Wilson
Alex Smith to the Chiefs? - Page 2 Bar_left12%Alex Smith to the Chiefs? - Page 2 Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Other
Alex Smith to the Chiefs? - Page 2 Bar_left9%Alex Smith to the Chiefs? - Page 2 Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 33
Latest topics
» Bones Stagione 7 Ita
Alex Smith to the Chiefs? - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 2:04 pm by 

» Paragon Partition Manager 12 10.1.19.15721 Personal
Alex Smith to the Chiefs? - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:20 pm by 

Alex Smith to the Chiefs? - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

Alex Smith to the Chiefs? - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

Alex Smith to the Chiefs? - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:18 pm by 

Advertisement

Alex Smith to the Chiefs?

Go down 
+5
kcchiefs
Chiefs09
OutlawChief
SylvesterMalone1978
chiefbravebull
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro
chiefbravebull

Alex Smith to the Chiefs? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Alex Smith to the Chiefs?   Alex Smith to the Chiefs? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 1:28 pm

First topic message reminder :

Reports are saying Alex Smith will be our new QB. I hope the compensation isn't too high but, they are saying a pick this year and one next year. What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith to the Chiefs?   Alex Smith to the Chiefs? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 7:05 pm

Fuck it. We are a good team who needs a QB. Get both the Smiths. QB's win championships. We have a good young line, bring back Albert and let the. Continue to build their chemistry and get better. Bring back Bowe. Draft and sign a few other guys and we are a good team. We are a QB away from being a Playoff team.
Back to top Go down
http://arrowheaddrive.com
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith to the Chiefs?   Alex Smith to the Chiefs? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 1:08 am

RustShack wrote:
Fuck it. We are a good team who needs a QB. Get both the Smiths. QB's win championships. We have a good young line, bring back Albert and let the. Continue to build their chemistry and get better. Bring back Bowe. Draft and sign a few other guys and we are a good team. We are a QB away from being a Playoff team.

I definitely would if it was me. I think they are paying San Fran way to much value for Smith to even think about being a backup in 2 years. It's obvious this is Reid's guy and he really likes him for whatever reason. He must know something about Smith the rest of us don't to be paying that much is all I can say. It's just a damn shame!
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith to the Chiefs?   Alex Smith to the Chiefs? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 1:18 am

Yeah It's hard to question Reid when it comes to QB's. They all have their career years under him... And are usually questionable pickups at first.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith to the Chiefs?   Alex Smith to the Chiefs? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 4:08 pm

Rumor- Vikings and Cardinals want Cassel
Rumor- Chiefs want Tebow... Really really really hope it's not true!
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith to the Chiefs?   Alex Smith to the Chiefs? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 4:09 pm

Oh and a good rule of thumb... Don't believe anything after the combine. 90% smokescreens.
Back to top Go down
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro
OutlawChief

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith to the Chiefs?   Alex Smith to the Chiefs? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 6:29 pm

OK I like Smith. But if we trade for Tebow I will be pissed as hell.
Back to top Go down
SylvesterMalone1978
All-Pro
All-Pro
SylvesterMalone1978

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith to the Chiefs?   Alex Smith to the Chiefs? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 10:36 pm

Chiefs are asking Smith to restructure his contract.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith to the Chiefs?   Alex Smith to the Chiefs? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 1:18 am

SylvesterMalone1978 wrote:
Chiefs are asking Smith to restructure his contract.

He needs to restructure his contract down to about 5 million per cause that is what he's worth!
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith to the Chiefs?   Alex Smith to the Chiefs? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 3:59 am

Smith must have some skill to have been drafted #1. I think Reid will make him look pretty good. Some guys are just better for different schemes. Reid must really think Smith is great for a West Coast offense.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith to the Chiefs?   Alex Smith to the Chiefs? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 10:13 pm

RustShack wrote:
Smith must have some skill to have been drafted #1. I think Reid will make him look pretty good. Some guys are just better for different schemes. Reid must really think Smith is great for a West Coast offense.

Matt Cassell has some skill to but we see how that worked out. They all have skill or they wouldn't be in the NFL. Just because they have skill doesn't mean they got the skill needed to be good at the NFL level.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith to the Chiefs?   Alex Smith to the Chiefs? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 10:52 pm

Rumor is Cassel signed a 1 year four million contract with the Vikings.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith to the Chiefs?   Alex Smith to the Chiefs? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 10:55 pm

Smith is better than Cassel. He's not Manning, Brees, or Brady... But he's emerged as a top 15, which is better than Cassel who wasn't even top 30. Smith might look even better in a West Coast.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith to the Chiefs?   Alex Smith to the Chiefs? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 11:12 pm

Alex Smith completed 70% of his passes and had a 8.1ypa. He also threw a touchdown pass every 16.8 throws and an interception every 43.6 passes.

Andy Reid's quarterbacks threw the ball 616 times last season.

So Alex Smith's numbers at 616 attempts would equate to this:

432/616
4928 yards
37td passes
14 interceptions

Obviously wouldn't be exactly like that, but interesting to look at either way.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith to the Chiefs?   Alex Smith to the Chiefs? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 11:22 pm

RustShack wrote:
Smith is better than Cassel. He's not Manning, Brees, or Brady... But he's emerged as a top 15, which is better than Cassel who wasn't even top 30. Smith might look even better in a West Coast.

Honestly Smith is marginally better than Cassel. He's more mobile, has a slightly stronger arm (which isnt saying much), and I like his mechanics better than Cassel but realistically he's not a top 15 QB at all. When it comes down to it he has alot of the same tendencies Cassel had. Not great pocket awareness, alot of short dumpoffs/checkdowns and a lack of a deep ball.

Now im sure we'll once again have a top 5 rushing attack even with Reid and more than likely a top 15 possibly top 10 defense with our new coaches and secondary which is going to greatly benefit Alex. He may get us a wildcard spot but when it comes down to it he isnt much better than Cassel. 3300 yards and 22 TDs is probably the absolute best we can get out of him. He's never thrown for 20+ TDs though so we'll see.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith to the Chiefs?   Alex Smith to the Chiefs? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 11:56 pm

Touchdown Bowe wrote:
RustShack wrote:

Honestly Smith is marginally better than Cassel. He's more mobile, has a slightly stronger arm (which isnt saying much), and I like his mechanics better than Cassel but realistically he's not a top 15 QB at all. When it comes down to it he has alot of the same tendencies Cassel had. Not great pocket awareness, alot of short dumpoffs/checkdowns and a lack of a deep ball.

Now im sure we'll once again have a top 5 rushing attack even with Reid and more than likely a top 15 possibly top 10 defense with our new coaches and secondary which is going to greatly benefit Alex. He may get us a wildcard spot but when it comes down to it he isnt much better than Cassel. 3300 yards and 22 TDs is probably the absolute best we can get out of him. He's never thrown for 20+ TDs though so we'll see.

I honestly would shit all over myself if Alex even comes close to this with a decent Comp %.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith to the Chiefs?   Alex Smith to the Chiefs? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 12:12 am

Hes seen steady improvement the last three years. Thats pretty positive. Obviously you prefer a young guy who improves.. but you can't complain when you find those late bloomers like Green, Gannon, Warner, and so on.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith to the Chiefs?   Alex Smith to the Chiefs? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 12:18 am

RustShack wrote:
Hes seen steady improvement the last three years. Thats pretty positive. Obviously you prefer a young guy who improves.. but you can't complain when you find those late bloomers like Green, Gannon, Warner, and so on.

I'm crossing my fingers he doesn't regress without Harbaugh.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith to the Chiefs?   Alex Smith to the Chiefs? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 12:27 am

BigRatt wrote:
RustShack wrote:

I'm crossing my fingers he doesn't regress without Harbaugh.

Something I never noticed before, he got A LOT better after they fired their OC midway through the year before they got Harbaugh. I'd be very worried if almost anyone else but Andy Reid was our HC, but hes one of the few that can make any QB's look good. Its kind of encouraging that he wanted to trade for Smith while in Philly, he must really think he has the skillset to be great in his WCO.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith to the Chiefs?   Alex Smith to the Chiefs? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 2:41 pm

And because Reid is our coach thats why im holding out hope that he doesnt regress and continues to improve. The difference between Alex Smith and Green, Gannon, and Warner though is that Alex was the first overall pick..these other guys were late round picks or undrafted. They didnt get the chance to shine until injury or whatever. Alex was given the keys from day 1. We've watched him for several years now and he played horrible until Harbaugh arrived in San Fran.

Like Cassel, im hopeful that Alex can have some solid play for us, but im still skeptical.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith to the Chiefs?   Alex Smith to the Chiefs? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 2:09 am

Eli Manning is regarded as a great QB now after several years of meritocracy. Same with Flacco.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith to the Chiefs?   Alex Smith to the Chiefs? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 2:09 am

Although I think Flacco is overrated and will flop.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith to the Chiefs?   Alex Smith to the Chiefs? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 12:32 am

RustShack wrote:
Eli Manning is regarded as a great QB now after several years of meritocracy. Same with Flacco.

I think Eli is more clutch than he is great. He plays completely mediocre during the regular season then kicks it up if/when the playoffs come around.

Flacco simply benefited off the energy that Ray Lewis' retirement announcement brought to the team. They played those games for him. Flacco really didnt do a whole lot of impressing. His arm really saved them against the Broncos though. I think without Boldin and a solid defense to back him up he's gonna regress..alot.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith to the Chiefs?   Alex Smith to the Chiefs? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 12:36 am

I think this team is going to pick up where last years teams should have. We will be a playoff team. Smith will by no means out the team on his back, but he will be a poor mans Trent Green with a better defense.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith to the Chiefs?   Alex Smith to the Chiefs? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 6:30 pm

He wont come close to Trent Greens numbers. Trent Green was a 4000 yard passer back when the passing game wasnt what it is today.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith to the Chiefs?   Alex Smith to the Chiefs? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 7:24 pm

Touchdown Bowe wrote:
He wont come close to Trent Greens numbers. Trent Green was a 4000 yard passer back when the passing game wasnt what it is today.

I agree! I will be happy if he hits 3000 yards. Considering he has only done that once in his career it looks like 2500 to 2900 is more like it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith to the Chiefs?   Alex Smith to the Chiefs? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Alex Smith to the Chiefs?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next