ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Latest images  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
Geno Smith
Chiefs sign QB Brady Quinn Bar_left45%Chiefs sign QB Brady Quinn Bar_right
 45% [ 15 ]
Luke Joekel
Chiefs sign QB Brady Quinn Bar_left12%Chiefs sign QB Brady Quinn Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Domontre Moore
Chiefs sign QB Brady Quinn Bar_left3%Chiefs sign QB Brady Quinn Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Jarvis Jones
Chiefs sign QB Brady Quinn Bar_left9%Chiefs sign QB Brady Quinn Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Manti Te'o
Chiefs sign QB Brady Quinn Bar_left3%Chiefs sign QB Brady Quinn Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Star Lotulelei
Chiefs sign QB Brady Quinn Bar_left6%Chiefs sign QB Brady Quinn Bar_right
 6% [ 2 ]
Tyler Wilson
Chiefs sign QB Brady Quinn Bar_left12%Chiefs sign QB Brady Quinn Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Other
Chiefs sign QB Brady Quinn Bar_left9%Chiefs sign QB Brady Quinn Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 33
Latest topics
» Bones Stagione 7 Ita
Chiefs sign QB Brady Quinn EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 2:04 pm by 

» Paragon Partition Manager 12 10.1.19.15721 Personal
Chiefs sign QB Brady Quinn EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:20 pm by 

Chiefs sign QB Brady Quinn EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

Chiefs sign QB Brady Quinn EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

Chiefs sign QB Brady Quinn EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:18 pm by 

Advertisement

Chiefs sign QB Brady Quinn

Go down 
+5
RustShack
SylvesterMalone1978
chiefbravebull
BigRatt
Touchdown Bowe
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

Chiefs sign QB Brady Quinn Empty
PostSubject: Chiefs sign QB Brady Quinn   Chiefs sign QB Brady Quinn EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 8:13 pm

Chiefs sign QB Brady Quinn Interdasting_RE_story_of_my_life-s685x567-247518

Last edited by Touchdown Bowe on Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign QB Brady Quinn   Chiefs sign QB Brady Quinn EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 10:27 pm

You all got your wish. I hope maybe a loaded team will finally help Quinn get on track.
Back to top Go down
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro
chiefbravebull

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign QB Brady Quinn   Chiefs sign QB Brady Quinn EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 12:52 am

Quinn will have the weapons. I think he has a real chance to beat out Cassel.
Back to top Go down
SylvesterMalone1978
All-Pro
All-Pro
SylvesterMalone1978

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign QB Brady Quinn   Chiefs sign QB Brady Quinn EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 4:25 pm

He's still young enough to become a franchise QB. Hope Cassel is benched sooner rather than later during the season.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign QB Brady Quinn   Chiefs sign QB Brady Quinn EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 1:54 am

If Brady Quinn struggles here and fails to beat out Cassel..I will officially give up on the guy.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign QB Brady Quinn   Chiefs sign QB Brady Quinn EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 2:31 am

Quinn has no excuses to not reach his potential here. I'm sure he has a big chip on his shoulder now too.
Back to top Go down
http://arrowheaddrive.com
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro
chiefbravebull

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign QB Brady Quinn   Chiefs sign QB Brady Quinn EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 8:17 am

This is a great situation for Quinn.
Back to top Go down
FatThucker
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign QB Brady Quinn   Chiefs sign QB Brady Quinn EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 12:21 pm

I'm a little on the fence about this one. Quinn no doubt has the tools to be a great passer, I just don't see leadership ability in him. He's a follower, not a leader. He doesn't have the swagger or really command respect from his teammates. That's always been a bigger problem for him than the level of talent he has around him.
Back to top Go down
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro
chiefbravebull

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign QB Brady Quinn   Chiefs sign QB Brady Quinn EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 1:07 pm

Ya but being in the league and being humbled like he was the past couple years, can do wonders for a guy.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign QB Brady Quinn   Chiefs sign QB Brady Quinn EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 1:29 pm

Brady Quinn Reportedly Took Less Money With Chiefs

So, Brady Quinn apparently wanted out of Denver. At least that's the way I take this latest bit of news from Peter King of SI.com:

How much did Brady Quinn want out of the Denver quarterback-go-round? So much, I hear, that he turned down an offer of $2 million from the Broncos and accepted a one-year, $1.5 million deal in Kansas City.

Quinn was scheduled to visit the New York Jets before they signed Drew Stanton in free agency. He also reportedly visited the St. Louis Rams.

Quinn probably knew the Broncos quarterback situation would turn into a three-ring circus, even if Peyton Manning didn't come to Denver. The presence of Tim Tebow and all that comes along with that is probably difficult for those in his shadow to handle.

The Broncos are also seemingly trying to replace Tebow. With the pursuit of Manning, and rumors they looked at Matt Flynn in free agency, it seems to me that Denver wants to upgrade at quarterback. And this comes after Quinn was on the roster and never got a chance to start over Tebow, which tells you all you need to know about what his future would've been in Denver.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign QB Brady Quinn   Chiefs sign QB Brady Quinn EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 1:30 pm

He definately wasn't play behind Manning unless Manning gets broken. For a backup QB, Quinn is a cheap option. Oops! Did i really just use the word "cheap"
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign QB Brady Quinn   Chiefs sign QB Brady Quinn EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 4:09 pm

BigRatt wrote:

So, Brady Quinn apparently wanted out of Denver. At least that's the way I take this latest bit of news from Peter King of SI.com:

How much did Brady Quinn want out of the Denver quarterback-go-round? So much, I hear, that he turned down an offer of $2 million from the Broncos and accepted a one-year, $1.5 million deal in Kansas City.

Quinn was scheduled to visit the New York Jets before they signed Drew Stanton in free agency. He also reportedly visited the St. Louis Rams.

Quinn probably knew the Broncos quarterback situation would turn into a three-ring circus, even if Peyton Manning didn't come to Denver. The presence of Tim Tebow and all that comes along with that is probably difficult for those in his shadow to handle.

The Broncos are also seemingly trying to replace Tebow. With the pursuit of Manning, and rumors they looked at Matt Flynn in free agency, it seems to me that Denver wants to upgrade at quarterback. And this comes after Quinn was on the roster and never got a chance to start over Tebow, which tells you all you need to know about what his future would've been in Denver.

This tells me he's not content as a backup and is ready to compete for a starting gig. He can certainly win the job here.
Back to top Go down
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro
OutlawChief

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign QB Brady Quinn   Chiefs sign QB Brady Quinn EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 6:20 pm

Posted by Mike Florio on March 19, 2012, 4:58 PM EDT

Getty ImagesIn signing with the Chiefs, quarterback Brady Quinn apparently didn’t take the best financial offer he could find. Instead, he went with the best fit. (Peyton Manning would have said, “Get both.”)

Quinn will now be reunited with coach Romeo Crennel and new offensive coordinator Brian Daboll, both of whom worked with Quinn in Cleveland. It actually gives Quinn a bit of an edge over incumbent starter Matt Cassel.

“You can’t make every decision in life based on money,” Quinn told the Kansas City Star, via NFL.com. ”For me, personally, I had to make the best decision I felt like for me. And Kansas City was the right choice.”

Quinn would have been wise to take that advice five years ago, after he was drafted by the Browns following a gum-chewing, tie-askewing free-fall in round one. Quinn held out of training camp in order to obtain guarantees that he’d be paid like he’d been drafted much higher than the 20s, if/when he became the starter. But the holdout put him behind Derek Anderson, who played after the one-and-done Charlie Frye experiment in 2007 with the calm of a guy who knew he was eventually going to be benched.

As a result, Anderson played well, the Browns failed to realize why Anderson played well, and then in 2008 when Anderson was the No. 1 guy and Quinn was No. 2, Anderson looked over his shoulder just enough to not play as well as he needed to play.

Quinn didn’t either, once he got an opportunity, and the Browns gave up on him, trading him to Denver for new teammate Peyton Hillis, among other things.

In the end, Quinn never unlocked the starter money he held out to get. And so, by losing millions, he has learned an extremely valuable lesson.
Back to top Go down
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro
chiefbravebull

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign QB Brady Quinn   Chiefs sign QB Brady Quinn EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 7:48 pm

If Quinn realizes his potential he could be a great QB.
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign QB Brady Quinn   Chiefs sign QB Brady Quinn EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 8:52 pm

chiefbravebull wrote:
If Quinn realizes his potential he could be a great QB.

That is a stretch. better than cassel for sure though. but I guess anyone that is drafted in this league can be great if they realize their potential.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign QB Brady Quinn   Chiefs sign QB Brady Quinn EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 9:48 pm

Touchdown Bowe wrote:
BigRatt wrote:

This tells me he's not content as a backup and is ready to compete for a starting gig. He can certainly win the job here.

Hes more than welcome to it in by book! I hope his lateblooming ass takes it. Shit or get off the pot Quinn! This is your best chance to make a starter in this league.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign QB Brady Quinn   Chiefs sign QB Brady Quinn EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 10:19 pm

Someone was comparing Quinn to Len Dawson the other day I was talking too... freakishly.. very freakishly similar.

More similar than the Stanzi/Brady comparisons haha
Back to top Go down
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro
chiefbravebull

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign QB Brady Quinn   Chiefs sign QB Brady Quinn EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 11:30 pm

Who was comparing Brady and Stanzi?!
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign QB Brady Quinn   Chiefs sign QB Brady Quinn EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 11:15 am

There was some pre draft comparisons last year.. they are around here somewhere I'm sure you seen it.
Back to top Go down
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro
chiefbravebull

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign QB Brady Quinn   Chiefs sign QB Brady Quinn EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 12:08 pm

I might have I just dont remember it. That is crazy.
Back to top Go down
FatThucker
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign QB Brady Quinn   Chiefs sign QB Brady Quinn EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 3:59 pm

chiefbravebull wrote:
Who was comparing Brady and Stanzi?!

They were both 6'4" 220 lb multi-year starters in the Big Ten with good records as starting QBs, subsequently being drafted in the later rounds.

Yeah....it was a pretty fucking big stretch.
Back to top Go down
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro
chiefbravebull

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign QB Brady Quinn   Chiefs sign QB Brady Quinn EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 10:32 pm

I mean I will admit Im wrong if Stanzi is given an opportunity and totally lights it up. Allot of there intangibles are the same so I guess a small comparison could be made.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign QB Brady Quinn   Chiefs sign QB Brady Quinn EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 11:15 pm

chiefbravebull wrote:
I mean I will admit Im wrong if Stanzi is given an opportunity and totally lights it up. Allot of there intangibles are the same so I guess a small comparison could be made.

Stanzi is pretty good in Madden 12! He's rated real good in the short to medium range passes.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign QB Brady Quinn   Chiefs sign QB Brady Quinn EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 12:08 am

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/814505-ricky-stanzi-the-next-tom-brady-or-the-next-curtin-painter

Stats are fairly similar
Back to top Go down
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro
chiefbravebull

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign QB Brady Quinn   Chiefs sign QB Brady Quinn EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 12:14 am

Huh... I have always said that Stanzi could maybe be an Orton at best. Maybe he could be more. Im an Iowa fan and I just dont see it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign QB Brady Quinn   Chiefs sign QB Brady Quinn Empty

Back to top Go down

Chiefs sign QB Brady Quinn
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next