ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Latest images  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
Geno Smith
Pioli Interview Bar_left45%Pioli Interview Bar_right
 45% [ 15 ]
Luke Joekel
Pioli Interview Bar_left12%Pioli Interview Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Domontre Moore
Pioli Interview Bar_left3%Pioli Interview Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Jarvis Jones
Pioli Interview Bar_left9%Pioli Interview Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Manti Te'o
Pioli Interview Bar_left3%Pioli Interview Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Star Lotulelei
Pioli Interview Bar_left6%Pioli Interview Bar_right
 6% [ 2 ]
Tyler Wilson
Pioli Interview Bar_left12%Pioli Interview Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Other
Pioli Interview Bar_left9%Pioli Interview Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 33
Latest topics
» Bones Stagione 7 Ita
Pioli Interview EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 2:04 pm by 

» Paragon Partition Manager 12 10.1.19.15721 Personal
Pioli Interview EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:20 pm by 

Pioli Interview EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

Pioli Interview EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

Pioli Interview EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:18 pm by 

Advertisement

Pioli Interview

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

Pioli Interview Empty
PostSubject: Pioli Interview   Pioli Interview EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 8:32 pm

Harry: the perception around town is that you are married to Matt Cassel. is that the case.

Pioli: absolutely not. I do think he is a good QB though but I am not tied to any player and am constantly evaluating other options and how they compare to what we have.

Harry: Would you consider trading up in the draft for a QB.

Pioli: Depends on the cost.

Harry: What about multiple 1st round picks

Pioli: I can't envision myself doing that

Harry: What about offensive coordinator

Pioli: I will contribute to the thought process but it will be Romeos decision on who he wants to hire for his coaching staff

Pioli added I know it's not easy but if fans will just have patience with us I think they will be very happy. I'm here for the long haul and not looking for any quick fixes.

Jack Harry did an interview with Scott Pioli
Back to top Go down
http://arrowheaddrive.com
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro
chiefbravebull

Pioli Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pioli Interview   Pioli Interview EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 9:25 pm

I like what Pioli is doing for sure. I just hope that if Manning is available after being waived which is a possibility he would consider bringing him in to groom a young QB and have a chance at a Super Bowl with our great defense and weapons on offense. After fixing the RT spot too of course.
Back to top Go down
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro
OutlawChief

Pioli Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pioli Interview   Pioli Interview EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 9:40 pm

Manning won't just be waived. If he leaves the Colts it will be by trade and an agreement to restucture his contract. And I don't see Pioli paying the asking price.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

Pioli Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pioli Interview   Pioli Interview EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 9:55 pm

OutlawChief wrote:
Manning won't just be waived. If he leaves the Colts it will be by trade and an agreement to restucture his contract. And I don't see Pioli paying the asking price.

True Statement! If he goes anywhere, its via a trade. Who knows, it may go down on draft day.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

Pioli Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pioli Interview   Pioli Interview EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 12:18 am

Caldwell getting fired and trading Manning would be best case scenario. I don't give the slightest fuck what the asking price is. We win at minimum one SB and probably more if you add Manning to these Wr's, RB's, TE's, and DEFENSE.
Back to top Go down
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro
chiefbravebull

Pioli Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pioli Interview   Pioli Interview EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 9:03 pm

He could actually be released if teams dont want to give up too much for womeone who could be injury prone. And nobody will want his loaded contract. Before he gets the big bonus it could happen or else they have to pay it and they might not want to do that.
Back to top Go down
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro
OutlawChief

Pioli Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pioli Interview   Pioli Interview EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 5:01 pm

He won't get released. He is not walking away from the Colts unless they get something out of him. Hell if there new GM just releases him and gets nothing out of him. Well he should be fired before he gets started. Manning is a future HOF QB. He isn't just walking away from a team unless he retires.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

Pioli Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pioli Interview   Pioli Interview EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 5:09 pm

OutlawChief wrote:
He won't get released. He is not walking away from the Colts unless they get something out of him. Hell if there new GM just releases him and gets nothing out of him. Well he should be fired before he gets started. Manning is a future HOF QB. He isn't just walking away from a team unless he retires.

thats how I feel if Pioli releases Bowe or Carr. Carr mainly!
Back to top Go down
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro
OutlawChief

Pioli Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pioli Interview   Pioli Interview EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 6:18 pm

Yeah Bowe and Carr have to be resigned. It would be a step back if they are not. I think Carr would be harder to replace than Bowe. But we need them both back.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

Pioli Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pioli Interview   Pioli Interview EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 7:15 pm

OutlawChief wrote:
Yeah Bowe and Carr have to be resigned. It would be a step back if they are not. I think Carr would be harder to replace than Bowe. But we need them both back.

I almost would like to see Bowe traded somewhere for a premium pick myself. He always seems to drop a pass when its crunch time. Its starting to piss me off! That TD drop in the Oakland game is a haunting memory! He was wide the fuck open, and dropped the ball. Tons of yards but chokes when its on the line. I wonder if it weighs on his mind that he kept the Chiefs out of the playoffs this year? With the way we were playing, I wouldn't have been surprised to see the Chiefs do some damage in the playoffs.
Back to top Go down
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro
OutlawChief

Pioli Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pioli Interview   Pioli Interview EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 8:47 pm

I know I have mixed feelings about Bowe at times. But he is our #1 guy. I would be afraid of letting him go and just not getting someone back that feels his shoes. He does have tons of talent. But the drops kill us. If the price is right for both of them we should bring him back.
Back to top Go down
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro
OutlawChief

Pioli Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pioli Interview   Pioli Interview EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 8:55 pm

The topic of free agency with the Kansas City Chiefs this year will center around two names -- CB Brandon Carr and WR Dwayne Bowe. Both are impending free agents and both can command some serious coin in the open market.

And one of those guys wants to stay in Kansas City if everything gets worked out. Carr talked to Nick Wright of 610 Sports on Thursday afternoon and said that, while he didn't want to talk much about the contract, he'd be willing to come back to KC if everything works out.

"If everything works out the way, you know, that it should I will be in a Kansas City Chiefs uniform but at the end of the day it's going to be my decision to make," Carr said. "It's going to be a hard one. It's not going to be easy. I've been out here four years and I have a lot of things established here and a lot of friendships and on the field getting a lot of things done."

Indeed, it will be a hard decision. This is where Carr grew up as a professional football player. He's ingrained into the community. He's friends with players on the team. The fans (and the team) want him back.

I hope it all works out and Carr is indeed in Chiefs red next year.
Back to top Go down
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro
OutlawChief

Pioli Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pioli Interview   Pioli Interview EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 9:09 pm

Chiefbravebull maybe you actually have something on Manning being released. And if he does I will definately eat crow.

Over the last few months the fan bases for the majority of NFL teams have, at some point, asked themselves: Could my team get Peyton Manning? And the fans who aren't asking that are asking whether they could trade up for Andrew Luck instead.

Manning may or may not be back with the Indianapolis Colts next season. Without getting into too much detail (because everyone knows this), Manning is recovering from a neck injury and there aren't many details available about his future health and ability to play football. He has a big option due shortly before the league year starts in March. So do the Colts pay him the big money and keep him for 2012 or allow him to walk?

The Voice of the Chiefs Mitch Holthus thinks GM Scott Pioli and whoever else is involved in a decision like that will at least explore the Manning question.

"I'll be shocked if they don't explore that," Holthus told Kevin Kietzmann on 810 WHB's Between The Lines this week. "When I say explore...to be somewhat serious about, you know, what are you thinking. I think there are going to be a lot of teams doing that. I don't think the Chiefs would completely shut the door on that."

One big Manning trade note: ESPN's Chris Mortensen has reported that Colts owner Jim Irsay will not trade Manning. There are logistical issues with a trade, anyway. In my view, the Colts appear to be greasing the skids for a potential release by getting it out there that allowing Manning to walk would be a medical decision (in other words it would be out of the team's control so don't blame them).

"I think there will be at least a discussion, sublime or directly, of thinking, 'What would it take?', Holthus continued. "Let's just say in a hypothetical situation. I don't want fans to take that the wrong way and think that's what they're going to do. I think they're looking at any and all scenarios right now of moving this thing forward."

Another note in all of this: Almost every fan base is having the same discussion right now. Everyone would want Manning if he became available. So, while it's interesting to talk about, let's remember that we're not that unique.
Back to top Go down
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro
chiefbravebull

Pioli Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pioli Interview   Pioli Interview EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 11:56 pm

I hope they do explore it. The only other time you can really talk about a future hall of famer moving on is when Montana was traded in favor of Young. I would think that they would atleast try to trade him. Im just telling you what I have read on other reports.

I agree first things first Bowe, Carr, and McClain need to be takin care of.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

Pioli Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pioli Interview   Pioli Interview EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 12:16 am

I'll trade for him I don't care. Playing with a good defense, RB, and WR's have to be very appealing to Manning.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

Pioli Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pioli Interview   Pioli Interview EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 12:40 am

RustShack wrote:
I'll trade for him I don't care. Playing with a good defense, RB, and WR's have to be very appealing to Manning.

I would love to have him. Hes one of the Greats! What do you think he would command money wise? We have to sign Bowe, Carr, McClain. It would be nice to go out and grab Paul Solai or Ben Grubbs if they dont go with Decastro. I dont think it puts us in a very cap friendly situation as much as I like Manning.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

Pioli Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pioli Interview   Pioli Interview EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 4:11 am

It dosen't matter what he commands... we have more cap space than over most of the league. Off of the top of my head, I can't think of a team with a better situation and as much cap space.
Back to top Go down
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro
chiefbravebull

Pioli Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pioli Interview   Pioli Interview EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 9:34 am

Rust is right. If Manning is going anywhere else, we have got to be a possible destination. If we do get him we will have to dump Cassel somehow though and I say draft a young big arm QB in the draft and let them develop unless they like Stanzi that much, even then it would create competition behind Manning. Osweiler from ASU could be a great QB with some grooming.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

Pioli Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pioli Interview   Pioli Interview EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 3:36 pm

RustShack wrote:
It dosen't matter what he commands... we have more cap space than over most of the league. Off of the top of my head, I can't think of a team with a better situation and as much cap space.

I could get down with 10 to 15 million a year. If he wants 25 mill a year like he just got for setting on his ass, I think we are better off to go another direction. Shits of it is, he is due another 28 million in March. If he is not healthy, I can see the Colts giving him his walking papers. If they do keep him, I read he will make almost 55 million in 2011 and 2012. Lucky Fucker! He makes more money in 2 or 3 games than I will in my lifetime.
Back to top Go down
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro
chiefbravebull

Pioli Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pioli Interview   Pioli Interview EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 11:34 pm

That contract is why if they want to get his contract off the books to help in the rebuilding they will probably have to cut him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pioli Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pioli Interview   Pioli Interview Empty

Back to top Go down

Pioli Interview
Page 1 of 1