ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Latest images  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
Geno Smith
Free Agents Bar_left45%Free Agents Bar_right
 45% [ 15 ]
Luke Joekel
Free Agents Bar_left12%Free Agents Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Domontre Moore
Free Agents Bar_left3%Free Agents Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Jarvis Jones
Free Agents Bar_left9%Free Agents Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Manti Te'o
Free Agents Bar_left3%Free Agents Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Star Lotulelei
Free Agents Bar_left6%Free Agents Bar_right
 6% [ 2 ]
Tyler Wilson
Free Agents Bar_left12%Free Agents Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Other
Free Agents Bar_left9%Free Agents Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 33
Latest topics
» Bones Stagione 7 Ita
Free Agents EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 2:04 pm by 

» Paragon Partition Manager 12 10.1.19.15721 Personal
Free Agents EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:20 pm by 

Free Agents EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

Free Agents EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

Free Agents EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:18 pm by 

Advertisement

Free Agents

Go down 
+4
kcchiefs
KCJay
BigRatt
RustShack
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

Free Agents Empty
PostSubject: Free Agents   Free Agents EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 1:55 am

Who do you want to see the Chiefs sign with all this cap space?
Back to top Go down
http://arrowheaddrive.com
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

Free Agents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Agents   Free Agents EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 2:54 am

RustShack wrote:
Who do you want to see the Chiefs sign with all this cap space?

Bowe and Carr for starters! C Nick Hardwick and NT Antoino Gray would be nice upgrades!
Back to top Go down
KCJay
Pro
Pro
KCJay

Free Agents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Agents   Free Agents EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 5:27 am

DT Paul Soliai

ILB Stephen Tulloch
---------------------------

Those are the "realistic" choices, but there are guys like Brees and Mario Williams..

Houston was using Williams at the OLB position before he got injured..Imagine him and Hali? It would be Thomas and Smith all over again..lol
Back to top Go down
kcchiefs
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
kcchiefs

Free Agents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Agents   Free Agents EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 2:22 pm

Bowe, Carr, Orton, McClain just to name a few.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

Free Agents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Agents   Free Agents EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 9:55 pm

kcchiefs wrote:
Bowe, Carr, Orton, McClain just to name a few.

Forgot about McClain, and Orton. Yes they need to get doen along with Carr and Bowe before anything else gets done!
Back to top Go down
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro
chiefbravebull

Free Agents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Agents   Free Agents EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 10:07 pm

Bowe of course has to be retained. If we cant keep Carr, Terrell Thomas from NYG would be a great physical replacemant. McClain also needs to be back as well.

We need a Tackle most all if you ask me but the FA class for that position is weak so we should draft for it. Mario Williams would of course be nice but its unrealistic. An ILB like Tulloch or even Ruud who was having a great season before the groin injury would be great. If the rumors are true that Manning might be available through trade I dont hink Pioli would have the grapes to give up our number one and much more for him. So bring back Orton to compete with Cassel at the QB. Draft or sign a recieving TE to pair with Moeaki, someone like Greg Olsen who is a great recieving TE. A NT upgrade is much needed also, Paul Soliai would be a great pick up.
Back to top Go down
kcchiefs
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
kcchiefs

Free Agents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Agents   Free Agents EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 2:30 pm

We HAVE to keep Brandon Carr. He is number one priority on my list. There isnt anyone in free agency that could replace him. I think we will be able to keep everyone we want though, so Im not that worried about it.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

Free Agents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Agents   Free Agents EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 4:12 pm

2012 NFL Free Agent Offensive Linemen
By: Roshan Bhagat

Demetrius Bell (BUF) - OT - Bell is another under-the-radar player capable of protecting the blindside and is a vital piece to the Bills' offense with an expiring contract. Though he's an above average pass protector, he's an even better run blocker for the left side. The Bills have some work to be done to keep all of the pieces together, which could allow Bell to slip through the cracks into free agency.

Carl Nicks (NO) - OG - Nicks is one of the premier guards in the league and after watching Jahri Evans strike a rich deal not too long ago, the Saints may be hard pressed to offer a second guard that type of money, though Nicks arguably had a better season a year ago. If Nicks doesn't put a hometown discount on the table, there's a good chance the market shows him more love than the Saints can afford to show him.

Ben Grubbs (BAL) - OG - Grubbs has been one of the top offensive linemen on one of the better units in the league over the past few years. Despite having some moving pieces next to him at left tackle, Grubbs has continued to excel. The team's run game is at its best with him blocking on the move. With some instability along the offensive line over the past few years, it wouldn't be surprising to see the Ravens address Grubbs' contract immediately.

Chris Myers (HOU) - OC - Myers has found himself in one of the best possible situations in the league with the Texans. After years of searching, the Texans have been able to replicate some of the success Head Coach Gary Kubiak had in Denver. Meyers is an outstanding system fit and will probably stay in Houston.

Jeff Saturday (IND) - OC - Though the Colts have bigger priorities, Saturday has been a Colt for a long time. With his career on winding down, he may want to stay put for a shot at another ring with Manning likely to return at full health next year.

Nick Hardwick (SD) - OC - Hardwick isn't nearly at his Pro Bowl level from several years back, but he's a solid center with good size, strength, and football IQ. The Chargers have some other contracts to address before they get to Hardwick, which would allow a team desperate in the middle to steal him from San Diego while searching for his Pro Bowl years yet again.

Scott Wells (GB) - OC - Like Meyers, Wells is an ideal system fit. The Packers have sought to get bigger and stronger at the position over the Thompson's tenure, but there's no doubt that Wells has consistently outperformed all others. He's a heady center with no flash that could play well into his 30s. Though the Packers won't offer a lucrative deal, he's also unlikely to find that elsewhere as an undersized center.

Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

Free Agents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Agents   Free Agents EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 4:15 pm

Who do you guys think could be more easily had in FA? C Nick Hardwick, C Chris Meyers, C Scott Wells? I wanted Carl Nicks to be the pick starting in about the 4rd round that year, now he is one of the best Gs in the game and a Super Bowl Champ, Pro Bowler! He is 26 and has his best years ahead of him. Now, he is available. Pioli needs to chase this guy with all his worth! If we are ever to match up with Oakland and SD, he need to get bigger and more physical up front.

Our Line could be awesome with - Albert/Nicks/Hudson/Aso/Jonathan Martin

I could live with - Albert/Hudson/Meyers or Hardwick/Aso/Jon Martin

As long as Lilja and Richardson get the hell out of the starting line up I will be happy!
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

Free Agents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Agents   Free Agents EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 7:47 pm

QB- No way Brees gets away from NO, but if he does we have to splurge all over him! Wonder if Crennel will want to sign Brady Quinn? I'd much prefer Orton back next year over Cassel though .

RB- We have to bring back McClain. Along with him, we are pretty set with him, Charles, Battle, and McCluster. Probably draft a RB that has a mix of good size and speed in the middle of the draft.

WR- Bowe has to be a huge priority. Theres actually a shit ton of quality names I'm seeing... but I'm pretty content with Bowe, Baldwin, and Breaston being the top three. Def wouldn't be opposed to adding another quality player there though.

TE- Gonzalez is a free agent, bring him back? Free Agents 420295

OL- I like Carl Nicks a lot coming out of the draft, he'd be a nice pickup. Richardson is a free agent and I still get the feeling he will be back next year, maybe not at starting RT though. Adding a quality RT would be great, still pissed we waived Gaither who is also a FA this year, but likely being resigned by the Chargers who got a major steal.

DL- Garay would be a nice pickup at NT, but like Gaither, probably not getting away from the Chargers. Franklin is another NT free agent, but like last year.. I'll pass. Wallace Gillberry should be resigned and I'd like to bring in Shaun Rogers.

LB- Lofton would be nice if he gets away from the Falcons, but probably not happening. Andrea Davis could be a name to look for, but I wouldn't mind seeing Siller start either assuming hes back and healthy.

DB- BRANDON CARR. Then a better safety or two to go with Berry and Lewis if we lose one.

Back to top Go down
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro
chiefbravebull

Free Agents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Agents   Free Agents EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 10:05 am

I love Gonzalez idea. I never thought of that, him and moeaki in a two TE set would be great.

NT would be great to have a Shaun Rogers but I doubt Pioli will spend the money it would take on him. Kelly Greg will be brought back I bet to hold things down for another year.

RB just bring back McClain and another young RB in the draft.

CB I think Carr will be gone, I dont want him to be but I think he will get a bigger contract somewhere else and we will have to fill his shoes.

OL We are idiots for waiving Gaither. Use our 1st rounder on CB to replace Carr, maybe. I think we will draft a Tackle like Martin. I think we should bring in a FA center or Guard. I see Nicks as a real possibility. Albert/Nicks/Hudson/Asamoah/Martin, thats a great OL or Albert/Nicks/Asamoah/Lilja/ Martin. I always wonder if Lilja could play center, he has the intelligence and the leadership.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

Free Agents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Agents   Free Agents EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 2:33 pm

There is no excuse at all for us to lose Carr with this cap space.
Back to top Go down
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro
chiefbravebull

Free Agents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Agents   Free Agents EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 3:30 pm

I just have a feeling he will be highly sought after and end up somewhere else. I would love it if he didnt dont get me wrong. I think we need to make sure Bowe is here long term.
Back to top Go down
kcchiefs
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
kcchiefs

Free Agents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Agents   Free Agents EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 4:38 pm

I think Carr will want to stay here.. If we can see it, the players sure as hell can see it. This team is on the verge of being a great team!
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

Free Agents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Agents   Free Agents EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 5:31 pm

chiefbravebull wrote:
I just have a feeling he will be highly sought after and end up somewhere else. I would love it if he didnt dont get me wrong. I think we need to make sure Bowe is here long term.

I have about had it with Bowe! Hes no longer a must have for me. That TD he dropped in the inzone against Oakland was probally the easiest catch there is. He always seems to choke when it counts! If he wants Fitzgerald money, he can walk in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

Free Agents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Agents   Free Agents EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 5:32 pm

A few weeks ago I was on 610 Sports with Danny Parkins and he asked me which quarterback I thought the Kansas City Chiefs should bring back next year -- Matt Cassel or Kyle Orton. My answer was both of them. Why not stack the most important position in sports with as much talent as possible?

As it turns out, an Orton vs. Cassel training camp battle is indeed possible next year. Michael Lombardi of NFL.com reports that the Chiefs "will make an effort to sign [Orton] this offseason" and have him compete with Cassel next year.

Chiefs interim coach Romeo Crennel certainly sounded open to the possibility when asked a couple weeks ago about Orton's chances of sticking with the Chiefs beyond this season.

The question is whether Orton wants to return to KC. Reasons not to come back would be A.) more money elsewhere and/or B.) better opportunity elsewhere.

The Chiefs have the capability, as far as the salary cap is concerned, to throw a competitive offer at him. And it'll be interesting to see what kind of offers Orton has this offseason, and whether beating out Cassel in KC may be his best shot at a starting job.

So this tells us that this Week 17 game has a lot of importance. Orton will only play in three games for the Chiefs this year so every game on which you can evaluate him is an important one.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

Free Agents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Agents   Free Agents EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 5:35 pm

Why the hell does that sound like Cassell is still the starter? There is nothing to compete with. Orton is a hands down better QB. Instead of give Orton the job and trade Cassell, Orton will probally leave now for a team that wants him as their starter from the get go. Pioli is a fucking Idiot who needs to go if this happens!
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

Free Agents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Agents   Free Agents EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 11:49 pm

Impressive for a Mr. Irrelevant....

Kansas City Chiefs kicker Ryan Succop just secured a five-year, $14 million extension, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter. The deal includes a $2 million signing bonus and $2 million guaranteed salary in 2012.

Succop struggled mightily early this season but rebounded to nearly break a franchise record for consecutive field goals made (21). Unfortunately, Succop had two attempts blocked last week pushing the Chiefs out of the playoffs.

These late season extensions come every once in a while. Teams can treat any increase in 2011 money as a signing bonus and prorated throughout the life of the deal (five years in this case). Without getting too nerdy, let's just say there are cap reasons to extend a player in the final week of the season.

Succop becomes the first (and perhaps only) player from the Chiefs 2009 draft class to receive an extension.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

Free Agents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Agents   Free Agents EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 4:56 pm

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- The Kansas City Chiefs signed linebacker Brandon Siler to a one-year contract extension after he missed all of this season because of a torn Achilles tendon.

Siler's agent, David Canter, confirmed the deal Saturday in a text to The Associated Press.

Siler was expected to compete for time at middle linebacker alongside Pro Bowl selection Derrick Johnson after spending last season with the San Diego Chargers. He had a good start to training camp but was hurt in late August, and had surgery to repair his Achilles a few days later.

Canter said that "rehab's going well" and Siler is looking forward to August.

The former Florida linebacker made 12 starts in 58 games over five seasons with San Diego. He had 38 tackles, a sack, an interception and a forced safety during the 2010 season.

The deal came one day after news broke that the Chiefs had signed kicker Ryan Succop to a five-year extension worth $14 million. Succop's deal includes a $2 million signing bonus.

General manager Scott Pioli still has several decisions to make in the coming weeks.

Cornerback Brandon Carr, who has been a stalwart opposite Brandon Flowers in a talented Chiefs defensive backfield, will become a free agent after this season. So will Dwayne Bowe, who made the Pro Bowl last season and has quietly put together another outstanding year despite a carousel of starting quarterbacks. Bowe has 75 catches for 1,066 yards and five touchdowns.

Pioli may also try to re-sign Kyle Orton, who will start his third straight game Sunday at Denver. The veteran quarterback, who will also be a free agent, was claimed off waivers when Matt Cassel went down with a season-ending injury to his throwing hand.

The Chiefs also will need to address their offensive and defensive lines.

Longtime center Casey Wiegmann is considering retirement after a season in which he acknowledged spending more time in the training room. Offensive tackle Barry Richardson has struggled much of the year, and veteran defensive tackle Kelly Gregg has been playing on a one-year deal.

Siler's signing solidifies the linebacker unit.

Johnson was chosen to his first Pro Bowl after setting a single-season franchise record with 172 tackles heading into Sunday's game at Denver. He'll be joined in Hawaii by outside linebacker Tamba Hali, who has racked up 12 sacks despite facing repeated double teams.
Back to top Go down
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro
chiefbravebull

Free Agents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Agents   Free Agents EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 6:55 pm

What if the Colts cut Manning to avoid paying him big time money. Should we be interested. I think he would be intrigued by our arsenal as long as Bowe was back. What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

Free Agents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Agents   Free Agents EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 7:38 pm

In the perfect world, I would be completely for signing or even trading for Manning... especially if we can get Caldwell to be our OC.
Back to top Go down
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro
OutlawChief

Free Agents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Agents   Free Agents EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 9:42 pm

I keep hearing that Cassel will be our QB next season. But who knows for sure. I read somewhere that Cassel and Orton are good friends and Orton thinks Cassel is a good Qb and the Chiefs are his team. And wouldn't compete against him.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

Free Agents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Agents   Free Agents EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 6:56 pm

I'm not sure that I believe that, at all.
Back to top Go down
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro
OutlawChief

Free Agents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Agents   Free Agents EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 7:59 pm

Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Kyle Orton uttered some chilling words when he was asked if he'd be back in a K.C. uniform in 2012.

“I don’t know. I’m going to step away. I know they’ve got a great quarterback in Matt Cassel. Matt’s a good friend, he’s a great teammate, and he’s a great quarterback. As I look at it, it’s his team. We’ll see what happens.”
Back to top Go down
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro
chiefbravebull

Free Agents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Agents   Free Agents EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 6:42 pm

Cassel is the QB im telling ya guys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Free Agents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Agents   Free Agents Empty