ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Latest images  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
Geno Smith
Meat and Potatoes Offense Bar_left45%Meat and Potatoes Offense Bar_right
 45% [ 15 ]
Luke Joekel
Meat and Potatoes Offense Bar_left12%Meat and Potatoes Offense Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Domontre Moore
Meat and Potatoes Offense Bar_left3%Meat and Potatoes Offense Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Jarvis Jones
Meat and Potatoes Offense Bar_left9%Meat and Potatoes Offense Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Manti Te'o
Meat and Potatoes Offense Bar_left3%Meat and Potatoes Offense Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Star Lotulelei
Meat and Potatoes Offense Bar_left6%Meat and Potatoes Offense Bar_right
 6% [ 2 ]
Tyler Wilson
Meat and Potatoes Offense Bar_left12%Meat and Potatoes Offense Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Other
Meat and Potatoes Offense Bar_left9%Meat and Potatoes Offense Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 33
Latest topics
» Bones Stagione 7 Ita
Meat and Potatoes Offense EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 2:04 pm by 

» Paragon Partition Manager 12 10.1.19.15721 Personal
Meat and Potatoes Offense EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:20 pm by 

Meat and Potatoes Offense EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

Meat and Potatoes Offense EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

Meat and Potatoes Offense EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:18 pm by 

Advertisement

Meat and Potatoes Offense

Go down 
+2
FatThucker
RustShack
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

Meat and Potatoes Offense Empty
PostSubject: Meat and Potatoes Offense   Meat and Potatoes Offense EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 4:36 pm

Chiefs HC Todd Haley wants to run "a meat and potatoes offense" in 2011.
That's good news for Jamaal Charles' fantasy stock, and bad news for Matt Cassel's. Former OC Charlie Weis reportedly left because he wanted "to use a lot of shotgun and spread formations while jazzing up the offense," while Haley wanted to remain conservative. After it became public that Weis was leaving last season, Cassel posted a 0:5 TD-to-INT ratio in two games.
Related: Jamaal Charles
Source: National Football Post
Feb 13, 9:48:00 AM
Back to top Go down
http://arrowheaddrive.com
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Meat and Potatoes Offense   Meat and Potatoes Offense EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 4:37 pm

That just seems completely backwards to me.
Back to top Go down
FatThucker
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Meat and Potatoes Offense   Meat and Potatoes Offense EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 6:59 pm

Highly doubt Haley was the conservative one.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Meat and Potatoes Offense   Meat and Potatoes Offense EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 7:10 pm

Muir also seems like a conservative hire, and so far it appears the Chiefs are really focusing on the OL for the draft this year. Maybe Haley wants to be aggressive, he just doesn't have the faith in our QB that our GM has.
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Meat and Potatoes Offense   Meat and Potatoes Offense EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 10:05 pm

If Haley doesnt have faith in Cassel, I change my mind on Haley calling plays. Cassel is a dam joke and maybe Haley sees that.
Back to top Go down
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro
chiefbravebull

PostSubject: Re: Meat and Potatoes Offense   Meat and Potatoes Offense EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 9:50 am

Man you guys hate Cassel! I like him. Now that Zorn is here we have the coaching staff on offense to really do some damage. Muir will call the running plays and Haley and Zorn will call the passing plays. Like Muir did in Tampa. We have to run the ball to be effective in the passing game because Cassel is a play action type QB. Cant throw the ball unless you run the ball Haley knows that. If he doesnt than he should not be a coach.
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Meat and Potatoes Offense   Meat and Potatoes Offense EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 12:12 pm

NO, Indy, and GB seem to do okay without run game.
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Meat and Potatoes Offense   Meat and Potatoes Offense EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 12:13 pm

Cassel is okay if you have the waekest schedule in history. When playing a real D he folds like a cheap tent.
Back to top Go down
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro
chiefbravebull

PostSubject: Re: Meat and Potatoes Offense   Meat and Potatoes Offense EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 5:55 pm

Wow he lost to the Ravens D. Im sure he was the one not blocking too. Our whole fuckin team looked like shit. It was embarrasing. Those teams all have different personel than we do. They 3 potential all star wideouts. We dont so we need to be a smashmouth team, thats just logic. Pittsburgh has Ward and Wallace who is only good if the ball is thrown to him past 40 yards and they seem to do just fine. Its all in who you have, we cant be NO, Indy or GB. We dont have the recievers Brees or Rogers have and we sure as hell dont have Peyton Manning who makes recievers look better than they really are even though he has arguably the best reciever in the league on his team in Wayne, look at the numbers the guy catches everything.
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Meat and Potatoes Offense   Meat and Potatoes Offense EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 6:21 pm

Balt has 1 good WO. NO has a bunch of WR drafted late. Maybe Brees makes them good. GB has Jennings. Our receivers dont look as good as the ones Brees and Rogers throw to because our QB isnt as good as Brees or Rogers. But I wont argue against Cassel too much. He will prove me right next year when he faces real D's. About halfway through next year you guys will be on the "Andrew Luck to KC" bandwagon with me. I'll save your seats.
Back to top Go down
FatThucker
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Meat and Potatoes Offense   Meat and Potatoes Offense EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 7:35 pm

Chiefs09 wrote:
Balt has 1 good WO. NO has a bunch of WR drafted late. Maybe Brees makes them good. GB has Jennings. Our receivers dont look as good as the ones Brees and Rogers throw to because our QB isnt as good as Brees or Rogers. But I wont argue against Cassel too much. He will prove me right next year when he faces real D's. About halfway through next year you guys will be on the "Andrew Luck to KC" bandwagon with me. I'll save your seats.

We all understand that having an elite QB makes you a better football team. It's common sense. But do you understand what 'elite' means? It means that there's not a fucking lot of them.

You can save the seat next to you on the "Andrew Luck to KC" bandwagon for your jizz bucket. (I think I remember you needing one of those for Jimmy Clausen last year. How did that work out for you?) I agree with you though that Andrew Luck is probably the best QB prospect since Peyton Manning. But there's no way we're gonna have the #1 overall pick next year.
Back to top Go down
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro
chiefbravebull

PostSubject: Re: Meat and Potatoes Offense   Meat and Potatoes Offense EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 7:47 pm

Andrew Luck will not be in KC we wont be that bad. You think we will be the worst team in the NFL next season. Even if our schedule is tough no way.

Brees has am excelent cast to throw too, he want that great in SD. Just because they are late round picks does not mean they suck. Brady was a sixth round pick and he is pretty damn good. I would take Colston, Henderson or Meachem in a heartbeat. He also has Shockey and Jimmy Graham at TE. Lance Moore is a great Slot WR. Colston, Shockey, Graham, are all great options, Meachem was a first rounder and it just now starting to contribute. Bush out of the backfield. He has it easy.

Flacco has Boldin, Mason and Houshmanzadeh and Heap. Stallworth isnt horrible either.

Rodgers has Jennings, Driver, Jones, Nelson, Lee, Finley. That is way better than what Cassel has.

Cassel has Bowe the only one that is a scare to other teams. Moeaki, Chambers, Tucker, McCluster, Pope. Chambers sucks Pope has never been good as a reciever and the rest are unproven. Its not because of him that they arent any good. McCluster is learning allot new things and Chambers runs shitty routes, not Cassels fault. Moeaki is the only one of those guys that was an actual threat this year.
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Meat and Potatoes Offense   Meat and Potatoes Offense EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 8:22 pm

I wasnt on the Clausen bandwagon. I do think he is better than what we have now, but he is no Andrew Luck. Cassel will prove he is worthless next year when he isnt playing against the worst competition in the NFL. Now that does mean that Charles will be my keeper in my FFL next year. Cause after Cassel throws about his 15th pick in game 8 or nine Charles carries the ball all day.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Meat and Potatoes Offense   Meat and Potatoes Offense EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 9:40 pm

Chiefs09 wrote:
NO, Indy, and GB seem to do okay without run game.

They also have some of the best QB's in the NFL... Cassel isn't up there. He would be like a Hasselback type, and I hope Zorn can make him look that good(the Hasselback that played under Zorn).
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Meat and Potatoes Offense   Meat and Potatoes Offense EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 9:44 pm

But It is true Cassel doesn't have the weapons. Its pretty bad when our #2 receiver in the playoff game was a guy signed off the street that no one wanted, and he was automatically put above everyone else... McCluster still has the ability to be a great slot receiver... but he just needs more time and another receiver to help open things up... He might have been better if we didn't try using him so many ways his first year.
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Meat and Potatoes Offense   Meat and Potatoes Offense EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 10:32 pm

I agree on Mccluster. he could be a great slot. but just keep him there. they are going to just keep getting him beat up if they dont
Back to top Go down
GOHARDorGOHOME
n00b cake
n00b cake
GOHARDorGOHOME

PostSubject: Re: Meat and Potatoes Offense   Meat and Potatoes Offense EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 9:41 am

Chiefs09 wrote:
I wasnt on the Clausen bandwagon. I do think he is better than what we have now, but he is no Andrew Luck. Cassel will prove he is worthless next year when he isnt playing against the worst competition in the NFL. Now that does mean that Charles will be my keeper in my FFL next year. Cause after Cassel throws about his 15th pick in game 8 or nine Charles carries the ball all day.

I disagree. I believe we will really work on our short game w/ our Te's. Moeki has great hands and JC needs to get better out the backfield w/ swings and dump offs. Cassel throws a pretty accurate deep ball, its when he forces it into coverage that he gets picked, but a lot of the time the WR is running a real shitty route.

How many has been and no name wr's have been on our team in the last 2 years? Too frickin many! One thing about elite Qb's..........they have enough time to develop continuity with their wr's. Even Steve Wonder saw that be an issue with Peyton this year.

WE NEED A LEGIT WR ACROSS FROM BOWE THAT CAN TURN & BURN.

Simon Rice?
Santa Moss anyone?
Braylon Edwards?
James Jones?
T.O. (my fav pick & hell yes I said it) cheap$$$$$$

Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Meat and Potatoes Offense   Meat and Potatoes Offense EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 11:19 am

I wouldnt take Jones if he payed us to play here. he drops more big passes than Bowe and Edwards combined.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Meat and Potatoes Offense   Meat and Potatoes Offense EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 2:21 pm

Rice would be a great get. I wouldn't mind Edwards either because the talent is there for sure... but I'm all about giving Haley talented WR's to fix.
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Meat and Potatoes Offense   Meat and Potatoes Offense EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 4:15 pm

Rice would be a great pick up but he is a RFA, which means we would lose draft picks if we got him. Andif a new CBA isnt reached before the draft all rights revert back to Minnesota. So I think Edwards is more probable. I doubt an agreement is in place by the end of April.
Back to top Go down
FatThucker
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Meat and Potatoes Offense   Meat and Potatoes Offense EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 7:45 pm

Steve Breaston is our best option
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Meat and Potatoes Offense   Meat and Potatoes Offense EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 9:49 pm

Breaston is also a restricted free agent.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Meat and Potatoes Offense   Meat and Potatoes Offense EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 9:50 pm

Theres are the URF WR's-

Wide Receivers:
Brian Finneran – ATL
Donte’ Stallworth – BAL
T.J. Houshmanzadeh – BAL
Rashied Davis – CHI
Terrell Owens – CIN
Andre Davis – HOU
Braylon Edwards – NYJ
Derek Hagan – NYG
Randy Moss – TEN
Mark Clayton – STL
Santana Moss – WAS
Antonio Bryant
Dwayne Jarrett
Plaxico Burress
Keenan Burton
Brandon Stokley
Dennis Northcut
Troy Williamson
Torry Holt
Laveranues Coles
Back to top Go down
FatThucker
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Meat and Potatoes Offense   Meat and Potatoes Offense EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 12:42 pm

There's not a name on that list that would improve our practice squad
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Meat and Potatoes Offense   Meat and Potatoes Offense EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 10:07 pm

I'd take Edwards or Burress in a heartbeat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meat and Potatoes Offense   Meat and Potatoes Offense Empty

Back to top Go down

Meat and Potatoes Offense
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next