ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Latest images  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
Geno Smith
OTA's and Training Camp Bar_left45%OTA's and Training Camp Bar_right
 45% [ 15 ]
Luke Joekel
OTA's and Training Camp Bar_left12%OTA's and Training Camp Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Domontre Moore
OTA's and Training Camp Bar_left3%OTA's and Training Camp Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Jarvis Jones
OTA's and Training Camp Bar_left9%OTA's and Training Camp Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Manti Te'o
OTA's and Training Camp Bar_left3%OTA's and Training Camp Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Star Lotulelei
OTA's and Training Camp Bar_left6%OTA's and Training Camp Bar_right
 6% [ 2 ]
Tyler Wilson
OTA's and Training Camp Bar_left12%OTA's and Training Camp Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Other
OTA's and Training Camp Bar_left9%OTA's and Training Camp Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 33
Latest topics
» Bones Stagione 7 Ita
OTA's and Training Camp EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 2:04 pm by 

» Paragon Partition Manager 12 10.1.19.15721 Personal
OTA's and Training Camp EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:20 pm by 

OTA's and Training Camp EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

OTA's and Training Camp EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

OTA's and Training Camp EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:18 pm by 

Advertisement

OTA's and Training Camp

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

OTA's and Training Camp Empty
PostSubject: OTA's and Training Camp   OTA's and Training Camp EmptyFri May 31, 2013 8:20 pm

Former hoopster catches Reid's eye

By Bill Williamson | ESPN.com

Demetrius Harris is far from a small-dunk to make the Kansas City Chiefs’ roster, but the undrafted rookie has impressed head coach Andy Reid.

Asked if any young players were standing out in organized team activities and Reid named Harris to reporters Friday.

“Harris has done a nice job,” Reid said. “He came in as a basketball player and has just gotten better and better every day. You see him out here making plays. I’m sure you guys noticed that. I’m proud of him for the way he’s worked, that’s not an easy transition.”

That is encouraging for Harris and the Chiefs. Kansas City signed the former University Milwaukee-Wisconsin basketball player after the draft as a project. Several teams looked at Harris, but he signed with the Chiefs partly because general manager John Dorsey showed early interest in him. Harris had a chance to play football at Arkansas State and he was standout in high school.

It will be a long road for the 6-foot-7, 230-pound Harris to make the transition from college hoopster to NFL tight end, but has been done before. Reid just wants to see the youngster continue to work.

“To learn, just learn,” Reid said when asked what Harris needs to do moving forward. “We saw the athleticism. John Dorsey, that was his guy and he saw the ability there. He had been a real good high school receiver so you bring him in and give him a shot. That’s what those are all about -- those tryout positions. He came in and stayed in and made the most of it so far.”

Unless he completely falls off, I bet Harris is going to be earmarked for the practice squad where he can continue to grow in the Kansas City program. He will definitely be a player to monitor during training camp.

Last edited by BigRatt on Fri May 31, 2013 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: OTA's and Training Camp   OTA's and Training Camp EmptyFri May 31, 2013 8:25 pm

I'm kind of wondering if Harris doesn't make the roster as a 4th TE. It would seem a lot of teams would love to pluck a former 6'7 B-Ball player turned TE that has the kind of athleticism he has been reported to have shown lately. Sounds like Harris has been catching everything in site. Run blocking is probably going to be the area that he struggles with if I had a guess. I really don't see how Moeaki makes it past this season. If he stays hurt and is not ready for training camp then I think Mo might get the ax this year especially if Kelce shows he's ready to go.
Back to top Go down
SylvesterMalone1978
All-Pro
All-Pro
SylvesterMalone1978

PostSubject: Re: OTA's and Training Camp   OTA's and Training Camp EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 3:28 am

Harris sounds like a big time steal. Gates 2.0?
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: OTA's and Training Camp   OTA's and Training Camp EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 5:27 am

SylvesterMalone1978 wrote:
Harris sounds like a big time steal. Gates 2.0?

Sure sounds that way! Then again the pads haven't went on and he hasn't survived any bone crushing hits yet either. Sounds like a lot of potential there though. Reid seems to be pretty happy about what he's seeing.
Back to top Go down
SylvesterMalone1978
All-Pro
All-Pro
SylvesterMalone1978

PostSubject: Re: OTA's and Training Camp   OTA's and Training Camp EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 3:57 am

Can't wait to see this team in pads. Can't wait to see this defense either! It's too bad Dorsey left, he could have actually thrived in an attacking defense. I think they need to find a way to have Powe and Poe out there together the way it sounds so far.. Along with Jackson also.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: OTA's and Training Camp   OTA's and Training Camp EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 1:18 pm

If Harris is still flashing a lot of potential in pads they have to keep him of the roster or he's getting scooped up. So either we keep four TE's or a good TE is getting cut.
Back to top Go down
http://arrowheaddrive.com
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: OTA's and Training Camp   OTA's and Training Camp EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 1:21 pm

I really like that Dorsey is running the show, and Reid has a lot more time to just coach. This is gonna be a good team. Alex Smith seems to be picking up the offense quickly and the players have never seemed so happy to be in KC.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: OTA's and Training Camp   OTA's and Training Camp EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 7:51 pm

I was listening to Art's local show here in Springfield and Mitch Holtus was on today giving a run down of the Chiefs. Mitch said he was most impressed with this Defense so far. He said the Defense looks a lot like the one Jim Johnson used in Philly from 1999-2004. He said he's been impressed with their ability to give you a look and bring something else. Mitch talked about the ability to change assignments within a particular look from week to week. He said he really expects this Defense to give QB's and O line's nightmares this year. Mitch also said they are going to bring heat from every angle of the field. He talked about the CB's constantly rotating different positions. He said they are going to rotate Smith, Flowers, and Robinson all the time and you are never know what they are going to be doing. Mitch said he expects the Chiefs to keep 4 CB's and 5 S's and that this group is quite possibly the deepest group in the league. He said Jalil Brown has been lining up as the 4th CB. He said the 3 players he has been really impressed by so far on the Defense are Sean Smith, Tyson Jackson, and Dontarie Poe. Mitch said Jackson is in the best shape he has seen him as a Chief and has been tearing it up. He said he expects both Poe and Jackson to have break out years. Mitch talked about those 2 getting to the QB when they 1 gap which is great news. Poe 1 gapped at Memphis so this is a great fit. He said to expect some 2 gap at times but he expects big things from this D line this year. Holtus raved about Sean Smith and said he's a big physical guy that does it all.

Offensively he talked about Reid's ability to get match ups for big chunk plays. He said what they have been doing so far with Charles and Knile Davis has been looking really good. Mitch was really big on Kelce and what he's been doing so far. He said, "I don't want to say his name is Gronkowski but he's certainly looking like the same kind of player." Mitch said their is nothing Kelce cant do. He has been blocking really well, running every route that WR's run, coming in motion, etc. He said Kelce is the definition of a moving TE but can flat out block! That was about all he said on the Offense but good stuff none the less. I can't wait for the season!
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: OTA's and Training Camp   OTA's and Training Camp EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:48 pm

Jackson has had games where he's shown flashes of greatness, but kept getting slowed down for various reasons.  Everyone knew the talent was on this team going into last year... But in their freak out panic after the team gave up acted like there was no talent.  The talent is still there, and actually there is a lot more now too.. Plus massive coaching upgrades and the drive to be great again.

I'm very excited.  Alex Smith was in a similar situation two years ago when his super talented team was projected by most to make the playoffs.  Team flopped, coach fired, then that very year they are in the NFC Championship.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: OTA's and Training Camp   OTA's and Training Camp EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 9:58 pm

RustShack wrote:
Jackson has had games where he's shown flashes of greatness, but kept getting slowed down for various reasons.  Everyone knew the talent was on this team going into last year... But in their freak out panic after the team gave up acted like there was no talent.  The talent is still there, and actually there is a lot more now too.. Plus massive coaching upgrades and the drive to be great again.

I'm very excited.  Alex Smith was in a similar situation two years ago when his super talented team was projected by most to make the playoffs.  Team flopped, coach fired, then that very year they are in the NFC Championship.

I agree! I believe that scheme may be the biggest thing that has held back Jackson. I'm interested to see him 1 gapping. Jackson is physically a very strong dude! He has shown when he bull rushes that he can truck about any O lineman on the field deep in the backfield. Poe shooting the gap is going to be interesting as well. He's another big strong dude who has one hell of a set of wheels for a guy his size.
Back to top Go down
KCJay
Pro
Pro
KCJay

PostSubject: Re: OTA's and Training Camp   OTA's and Training Camp EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 7:21 pm

Don't know if anyone posted this, yet, but ILB Desmond Bishop is visiting the Chiefs..

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/6/18/4441976/chiefs-desmond-bishop-visit
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: OTA's and Training Camp   OTA's and Training Camp EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 8:22 am

KCJay wrote:
Don't know if anyone posted this, yet, but ILB Desmond Bishop is visiting the Chiefs..

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/6/18/4441976/chiefs-desmond-bishop-visit

I don't know how they would sign him even if they were interested. I read he wants 5 to 6 mill per season. Bill Williamson reported this morning that KC has 3.5 million in cap and they have yet to sign Fisher. Not to mention Albert, McCluster, T. Jackson, Aso, K. Lewis, and Moeaki are all FA's next year. I just dont see it! 
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: OTA's and Training Camp   OTA's and Training Camp EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 12:04 pm

Bishop and Leach would both be awesome additions.
Back to top Go down
KCJay
Pro
Pro
KCJay

PostSubject: Re: OTA's and Training Camp   OTA's and Training Camp EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 4:26 pm

Bishop is a huge upgrade...It would keep KC from going into a dime package because he is such a well rounded LBer...He has also played in a 3-4 base D for a number of years..

He CANNOT leave KC without a contract..

..and I agree 100%, Rust..
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: OTA's and Training Camp   OTA's and Training Camp EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 9:10 pm

We need Bishop, and Leach would be a tremendous luxury that we almost need.  But if we can only get one, it has to be Bishop.  He'd really help get Nico ready to take over too.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: OTA's and Training Camp   OTA's and Training Camp EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 10:57 am

Down goes Sanders Comings with a broken collar bone on the 1st freaking day. They are saying he's out 6 to 12 weeks.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: OTA's and Training Camp   OTA's and Training Camp EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 9:17 pm

Fisher signs. Good deal! Now bring on the preseason games. I need to see something from these Chiefs!
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: OTA's and Training Camp   OTA's and Training Camp EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 4:38 pm

Bray and the TE we drafted are looking like major steals.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: OTA's and Training Camp   OTA's and Training Camp EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 4:38 pm

They are also saying camp is a lot more intense and fast paced under Reid... No wasted time. We got a coach who knows what he's doing.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: OTA's and Training Camp   OTA's and Training Camp EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 11:41 pm

RustShack wrote:
Bray and the TE we drafted are looking like major steals.  

I agree!
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: OTA's and Training Camp   OTA's and Training Camp EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 11:43 pm

RustShack wrote:
They are also saying camp is a lot more intense and fast paced under Reid... No wasted time.   We got a coach who knows what he's doing.

Reid got the pads in a hurry! I hope we don't loose anyone for the season. Fisher has been getting raped by Hali and Houston. That is kind of concerning. Lets hope he starts to catch up here this preseason.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: OTA's and Training Camp   OTA's and Training Camp EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 11:52 pm

by Bill Williamson

"Quote of the day: Kansas City coach Andy Reid on the effort of 350-pound defensive tackle Dontari Poe: “You’ve got D-Poe, just a big fella, and he’s chasing the ball down the field 50 yards. That’s impressive stuff.” "I expect Poe, the No. 11 overall draft choice in 2012, to make big strides this season. The new regime loves him."

I hope your right Bill.
Back to top Go down
SylvesterMalone1978
All-Pro
All-Pro
SylvesterMalone1978

PostSubject: Re: OTA's and Training Camp   OTA's and Training Camp EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 12:29 am

Sounds like they expect a break out hear from Houston, which is scary to think about!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OTA's and Training Camp   OTA's and Training Camp Empty

Back to top Go down

OTA's and Training Camp
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ARROWHEAD DRIVE :: The Lounge-
Jump to: