ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Latest images  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
Geno Smith
Official Branden Albert Trade News Bar_left45%Official Branden Albert Trade News Bar_right
 45% [ 15 ]
Luke Joekel
Official Branden Albert Trade News Bar_left12%Official Branden Albert Trade News Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Domontre Moore
Official Branden Albert Trade News Bar_left3%Official Branden Albert Trade News Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Jarvis Jones
Official Branden Albert Trade News Bar_left9%Official Branden Albert Trade News Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Manti Te'o
Official Branden Albert Trade News Bar_left3%Official Branden Albert Trade News Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Star Lotulelei
Official Branden Albert Trade News Bar_left6%Official Branden Albert Trade News Bar_right
 6% [ 2 ]
Tyler Wilson
Official Branden Albert Trade News Bar_left12%Official Branden Albert Trade News Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Other
Official Branden Albert Trade News Bar_left9%Official Branden Albert Trade News Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 33
Latest topics
» Bones Stagione 7 Ita
Official Branden Albert Trade News EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 2:04 pm by 

» Paragon Partition Manager 12 10.1.19.15721 Personal
Official Branden Albert Trade News EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:20 pm by 

Official Branden Albert Trade News EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

Official Branden Albert Trade News EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

Official Branden Albert Trade News EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:18 pm by 

Advertisement

Official Branden Albert Trade News

Go down 
+5
redross006
Touchdown Bowe
BigRatt
RustShack
KCJay
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
KCJay
Pro
Pro
KCJay

Official Branden Albert Trade News Empty
PostSubject: Official Branden Albert Trade News   Official Branden Albert Trade News EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 11:51 am

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 24m

Chiefs are seeking a second-round pick in this year's draft as well as another pick in 2014 in a trade for franchise OT Branden Albert.
--------------------

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/3/22/4135538/chiefs-trade-rumors-branden-albert-draft-picks

When the Branden Albert trade rumors popped its head back up on Thursday, I predicted that a deal would go down. That prediction is looking better after this report from ESPN's Adam Schefter about the Kansas City Chiefs left tackle:

Chiefs are seeking a second-round pick in this year's draft as well as another pick in 2014 in a trade for franchise OT Branden Albert.
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 22, 2013

Folks, an Albert trade is going down. Messages like this don't slip out unless there's some meaning behind them. I don't have any insider knowledge of this deal but, as I said yesterday, we know how this game ends. Albert will be traded, and Chiefs will draft Joeckel. I am even more sure of that after reading the latest from Schefter.

More: Everything we know about the Albert trade rumors

The Chiefs lost a second round pick in the Alex Smith trade, and they want to recoup that. They hold the No. 1 pick in the draft and the pick could be Luke Joeckel, who would replace Albert. The Miami Dolphins were linked to the Chiefs in an earlier trade rumor from ESPN's John Clayton, so keep an eye on that.

So it appears the Chiefs very well could be going from Branden Albert and Eric Winston as book-end tackles to a rookie and possibly Donald Stephenson at right tackle. All in the span of a few months. Change is in the air.

Coincidentally, the Chiefs are working out Luke Joeckel down in Texas today. From there, according to Adam Caplan, they will travel to Oklahoma to work out Lane Johnson.

Albert signed his franchise tender earlier this week, which meant he was under contract and that he could be traded.
Back to top Go down
KCJay
Pro
Pro
KCJay

PostSubject: Re: Official Branden Albert Trade News   Official Branden Albert Trade News EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 12:17 pm

Trade Albert for a 2nd and another pick in the 2014 draft..

Draft Joeckel 1st overall and draft Ryan Nassib with the 2nd round pick..

We would basically move out Albert and gain Alex Smith and Ryan Nassib..
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Official Branden Albert Trade News   Official Branden Albert Trade News EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 12:39 pm

I hope it's a high second at least... And I higher pick next year too. He's worth a first. Still young for OL, and he's Top Ten... Getting better every year too.
Back to top Go down
http://arrowheaddrive.com
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Official Branden Albert Trade News   Official Branden Albert Trade News EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 2:17 pm

KCJay wrote:
Trade Albert for a 2nd and another pick in the 2014 draft..

Draft Joeckel 1st overall and draft Ryan Nassib with the 2nd round pick..

We would basically move out Albert and gain Alex Smith and Ryan Nassib..

I'd about rather have Albert. We know what we are getting with Smith and Nassib is a puker at best!
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Official Branden Albert Trade News   Official Branden Albert Trade News EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 2:19 pm

I seriously hope the rumor to trade Albert is just a way to drum up interest in the number 1 pick for a trade down. If people think we are taking Joeckel then their thinking is someone will probably try to trade up and get him.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

PostSubject: Re: Official Branden Albert Trade News   Official Branden Albert Trade News EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 7:25 pm

BigRatt wrote:
I seriously hope the rumor to trade Albert is just a way to drum up interest in the number 1 pick for a trade down. If people think we are taking Joeckel then their thinking is someone will probably try to trade up and get him.

I just cant see this being the case though. Theres 3 LTs that could potentially go in the top 10-15 of this draft. A team wouldnt give us shit just to get Joeckel when they could give less to get Fisher or Johnson who alot of people, including myself, believe will end up being better than Joeckel.

The fact that Albert just signed his tender this quickly, and the immediate rumor that were looking for at least a 2nd isnt no coincidence. Were seriously shopping Albert. Complete idiocy if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Official Branden Albert Trade News   Official Branden Albert Trade News EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 12:39 pm

They say don't believe 90% of rumors after the combine.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

PostSubject: Re: Official Branden Albert Trade News   Official Branden Albert Trade News EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 7:44 pm

Its probably gonna end up being a draft day trade.
Back to top Go down
redross006
Amateur
Amateur
redross006

PostSubject: Re: Official Branden Albert Trade News   Official Branden Albert Trade News EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 12:05 pm

Interesting article I thought I would share....

The future? It’s here. It’s now.

There’s no indication that the Kansas City Chiefs new handlers are building to succeed for the future, instead, they expect to win pronto. Every step John Dorsey and Andy Reid have taken from the time of their hire, has been aimed towards the idea of winning and winning now.

They are already winning the off season.

While the team started out this off season with many questions on many sides of the ball, the main questions now appear to only be related to the Chiefs offensive line. Sure, a middle linebacker is a must and depth is needed at other positions but, the focus clearly appears to have narrowed down to the offensive line.

Even on the offensive line front: the stars are aligning.

The Chiefs have taken care of… their Pro Bowl punter… their top 5 WR… and shored up their defensive secondary. As far as the first pick in the draft goes, there’s been a debate about who needs the help more, the defensive or offensive line but, the choice which appears to be emerging is, an offensive tackle.

Since the 3-4 defense is staying, and the 4-3 is only going to be utilized occasionally, the current personnel on defense won’t need as much tweaking. Andy Reid offenses are typically endowed with huge offensive linemen and so this helps narrow the focus of concern on the parts of Reid and Dorsey.

Fans should probably view the change needed along the offensive line that’s taking place by going from Romeo Crennel to Andy Reid, just as significant a change as the defensive line underwent by changing from the 4-3 to the 3-4, four seasons ago.

However, only one part of that transition has taken place so far: Eric Winston out and Geoff Schwartz in.

New OL acquisition Geoff Schwartz (6-6, 340) fits right into the power OL mold and should be considered the only lineman who we know for sure is exactly what Reid wants. Sam Monsoon of ProFootBallFocus.com says Schwartz could be a future Pro Bowler,

“Each year some of the best moves of free agency occur at the bargain end of the spectrum. I thought Schwartz moving to the Vikings last year had the potential to be one of those, but an injury derailed his chance to start at right guard, and he had to make do with being rotated in during the season for the underperforming Brandon Fusco. Despite clearly outplaying the starter the Vikings never made the switch and Schwartz moved on in free agency to Kansas City.

This might sound familiar, in that it is a story remarkably similar to that of Evan Mathis, an underrated player who split time but couldn’t buy the starting gig until he moved to a new team. The Chiefs have signed a player with legitimate Pro-Bowl potential if he can get a fair chance to earn the job on merit, and they have done so for peanuts.”

Considering that coach Reid is proclaiming LT Branden Albert a Pro Bowl talent while simultaneously dangling him as trade bait, you get the idea that if Albert were exactly the kind of offensive lineman he wanted, he’d never be shopped or shipped.

Although, Albert’s fate may have more to do with his value being tied to a large one-year franchise tag contract. If he was truly a proto-type-Andy-dandy-OL-monster, Reid would be making public address announcements about keeping Albert.

Instead, Reid is hyping Albert’s value for one purpose and one purpose only: to trade him. Coaches usually stay away from hyping the value of a player, especially in that player’s contract year because a player can always come back at negotiation time and use the coaches own words to leverage what he expects to sign for. This is the main reason you should see Reid’s public praise of Albert’s talents… as a sign that he wants to trade him… and for that purpose only.

While Albert has stated that he’s publicly been unwilling to move to another position, trading Albert gives Reid the flexibility he wants without making his players unhappy. Reid appears true to his word when he says he wants to put the 5 best OL on the field. While on one hand it’s refreshing for fans to hear players like Albert speaking out… like most other GMs and coaches, Dorsey & Reid don’t want players dictating to them what they can or can’t do with a player in terms of where they want to play that player on the field.

What does this say about the other offensive linemen on the Chiefs roster? Probably that no one is safe, except for Mr. Geoff May The Schwartz Be With You.

Some have questioned how the Chiefs can give up possibly two second rounders for a QB and then place him behind a line made up of mostly unproven talent… and expect to win? You can count on Dorsey and Reid to have a strategy in play but, that strategy won’t have the offensive line looking anything like last year’s line.

Like many other K.C. fans, I’m amazed at the all-inclusive, real and meaningful, reconstruction that’s taken place since January. So many position groups have been approached, and then altered, in fundamentally different ways: adding two DBs to make that group solid and deep, adding two WRs (Bowe & Avery) to make that position group disparate and tenable, and adding two QBs to make the once weakest link, a strong and stable position.

So, when Andy Reid and John Dorsey say they have a plan… now… I believe them. However, when it comes to the offensive line, it may be the one spot where their final design is less evident than at any other position group on the team.

If you’re paying attention though, you have to believe they have a set of contingency plans for the offensive line too. And, if all of their other moves so far, are any indication of what they have in store for building a collection of big and powerful offensive linemen, then it should look dramatically different by late July when training camp commences.

In fact, by then, the offensive line could be considered… the “stars” of camp.

Consider the following scenarios.

If Branden Albert is traded, the Chiefs will end up with a 2nd round pick this year (and maybe more) as a result. No, a second round pick may not net a “star” offensive lineman but, the freed up cap space should allow the Chiefs to bring someone in who fits the Reid mold and helps make financial room for other players. Plus, that 2nd rounder could help the Chiefs nab a very good ILB.

6′-8″, 320lb, ex-New England Patriot OT, and free agent, Sebastian Vollmer has been mentioned in blog circles as a possible signing. However, the Chiefs can’t really afford Vollmer right now unless they move Albert first.

If the Chiefs did, A) trade Albert, B) sign Vollmer and C) draft an OT high in the draft… Andy Reid would have three-fifths of the stars in place that would be personally hand picked for his scheme: Vollmer, LT draft pick and Schwartz.

Is this scenario even possible? Sure. Could it be part of the off season OL blueprint that Dorsey and Reid have set forth privately? No one knows for certain but, considering all they have been working towards so far, it’s seems like a good possibility.

How does Geno Smith factor into any of this?

Whether you believe Geno Smith is worthy of the number one pick in the draft or not, he is the top QB prospect that multiple teams not only want but, need. So, the Geno Smith scenarios left for the Chiefs are;

A) bypass him and pick the OT of their choice or,

B) pick Geno Smith with the idea of trading him — likely a draft day trade or,

C) bypass him by trading down, gaining extra picks, and draft a top notch OT or,

D) draft, keep and develop Geno Smith.

Given the goals that Dorsey and Reid have set to make this team better, I have to admit that (option D) drafting, keeping and developing Geno Smith, appears to be the least likely avenue for improving the team in the short run. I say, “the short run” because I believe Geno Smith will one day be an excellent NFL QB, and if he’s not in a Chiefs uniform when that happens, no one will ever forget how passionate a high percentage of Chiefs fans were about having the Chiefs selecting him at #1 in the draft.

I’m not sure that Donald Stephenson or Jeff Allen or Rodney Hudson should feel safe or like they will be counted into the future plans (beyond this season) any more than Ricky Stanzi should be counted into the Chiefs future plans. We know very little about how they (Stephenson, Allen and Hudson) will develop and we can’t except Dorsey or Reid to know much more than that either.

If Reid and Dorsey (R&D) can pull off the “Albert Trade + a 1st Round Trade Down” Doppelganger… I wouldn’t be surprised to see both Sebastian Vollmer and a top Guard like Chance Warmack or Tackle D.J. Fluker (who many think could be moved to Guard) in red and gold by the end of spring. However, that would require the Chiefs trading their first pick and reaping two high picks in this year’s draft.

Possible trade partners include: St. Louis and Minnesota have two first round picks each but, neither seems like a likely trade partner. Jacksonville has picks #2 and #33. Philly has #4 and #35. Arizona has #7 and #38. Desperate Buffalo sits at #8 and #41. The equally desperate N.Y. Jets sit at #9 and #39. Don’t forget the San Francisco 49ers have 200 picks in this draft and could move up to take any player they want.

If the Chiefs can make a first round trade happen, we could see 4 new stars lining up on the offensive line for the Chiefs next year.

While I have always thought Rodney Hudson had some of the quickest feet I’ve ever seen for an OL at the combine, he appears to be too small for Reid’s system. Some have suggested Jon Asamoah could move over to Center and his size may be just what Dr. Reid prescribes.

I’m not saying this is how it will all play out. However, it’s now clear that Andy Reid and John Dorsey are masterminding something entirely different for the offensive line and it doesn’t appear to have much to do with the players that were on the roster at the end of the 2012 season. Need proof? Just go ask Mr. Eric Smoked Winston and Mr. Branden Prince Albert, who were previously thought to be the Chiefs two best offensive linemen but, who both have apparently taken their last hit from an Arrowhead peace pipe.

Of course, it could be Schwartz at RT and Luke Joeckel or Eric Fisher at LT. After all Schwartz is listed at KCChiefs.com as a Tackle and these two tackle prospects are listed by most publications as the top values in this draft. In any event, the make-up of the 2013 Kansas City Chiefs offensive line will be markedly different — and it sounds like — better.

If things work out for the R&D railroaders… the stars may be aligning across the Chiefs offensive front this next season. And what has already been a memorable off season, just gets interesting-er and interesting-er.

What do you think Addicts? Is there anyone you’d like to see protecting Alex Smith or blowing holes wide open for Jamaal Charles next season?
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Official Branden Albert Trade News   Official Branden Albert Trade News EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 1:26 pm

Patriots | Sebastian Vollmer agrees to terms
Sun, 24 Mar 2013 10:05:07 -0700

The New England Patriots have agreed to terms with free-agent OT Sebastian Vollmer (Patriots) on a four-year deal. Financial terms were not disclosed.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz2OTll3jAK
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Official Branden Albert Trade News   Official Branden Albert Trade News EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 5:13 pm

Don't you just love people like the one who wrote the article Reddross posted? He actually thinks that Joeckel is a power OT! LOL!! Are you fucking kidding me? Joeckel will not touch Albert in the run game early in his career. He might eventually make it but not without some serious lifting. I didn't realize that Reid was transitioning to the power scheme! I thought I read somewhere that they were keeping the zone scheme. Anybody heard anything about this?
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Official Branden Albert Trade News   Official Branden Albert Trade News EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 1:55 am

I also remember reading Reid saying we were keeping the zone blocking and 3-4 defense.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Official Branden Albert Trade News   Official Branden Albert Trade News EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 7:23 pm

RustShack wrote:
I also remember reading Reid saying we were keeping the zone blocking and 3-4 defense.

I thought so. I think they are assuming we are transitioning to the power scheme because Swarchtz is 6'6, 340 pounds. Looking at his pictures he doesn't look like 340. http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://beyondthecombine.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/20120703__120704Schwartz_300.jpg&imgrefurl=http://beyondthecombine.com/pro-spotlight-geoff-schwartz/&h=421&w=300&sz=46&tbnid=tNnjkWzoooCYIM:&tbnh=98&tbnw=70&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dgeoff%2Bswarchz%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=geoff+swarchz&usg=__zK2kHjIkCvQIKSSz0tGa4G6c8uw=&docid=0SZOUfdtdlsfQM&hl=en&sa=X&ei=-9tQUcCwIeqQ2AW38oCwDQ&ved=0CFAQ9QEwBg&dur=1125
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

PostSubject: Re: Official Branden Albert Trade News   Official Branden Albert Trade News EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 3:37 pm

So far it just appears Alberts agent is talking to Miami. Lot of people feel its only a matter of time. If he ever goes down and takes a physical with them I'd assume compensation has been agreed upon and the trade would be official soon after if he checks out.

I hate the way this has been handled. Albert is a solid guy. Were creating a hole and were gonna fill that hole with the first overall pick. Who does that? Trying to be on more of a positive note though, at least we didnt just let him walk in free agency. We'll be getting a 2nd and hopefully a late pick or 2. Least the draft will be a little more exciting.
Back to top Go down
SylvesterMalone1978
All-Pro
All-Pro
SylvesterMalone1978

PostSubject: Re: Official Branden Albert Trade News   Official Branden Albert Trade News EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 4:26 pm

Says something about how bad the top end talent is. Dorsey must view it as a major reach if he feels like we have to take a LT #1. I've read reports that the Chiefs are practically begging to trade out of the top pick. So since the pick isn't being traded, they must view it as Albert has to go then... One or the other. Not both, and not neither.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

PostSubject: Re: Official Branden Albert Trade News   Official Branden Albert Trade News EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 11:08 pm

I hate to see Albert go..but at the same time im just glad were getting some value out of him and not just letting him walk like Brandon Carr.

If we take Fisher or Joeckel..ill hope for the best. I feel safter and better about taking Fisher than I do Joeckel..but whatever. Its just kind of annoying that we have the first overall pick and were going to make a hole and fill the hole with that pick.

Theres ALWAYS 1-3 first round LTs in the first round every year. Just kind of frustrating. Im hoping we take Fisher and im hoping for the best, but im not holding my breath on anything.
Back to top Go down
Canada Chiefs
n00b cake
n00b cake

PostSubject: Re: Official Branden Albert Trade News   Official Branden Albert Trade News EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 12:44 pm

Looks like Dolphins are hesitant in signing him due to his contract demands. I wonder if this might work out quite well with Albert possibly returning and realizing his real worth. Signing him long term at a reasonable rate would be an ideal situation.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Official Branden Albert Trade News   Official Branden Albert Trade News EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 5:24 pm

If it happens it's happening draft day. The Chiefs are trying to get maximum value for Albert or the top pick. They aren't making a move if its not worth it.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Official Branden Albert Trade News   Official Branden Albert Trade News EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 5:25 pm

It will also be Fisher if we do go the LT route.
Back to top Go down
Canada Chiefs
n00b cake
n00b cake

PostSubject: Re: Official Branden Albert Trade News   Official Branden Albert Trade News EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 6:43 pm

It's the old performance vs. potential debate. No way of knowing which will be better until they've both played a couple of years but I'd be surprised at this point if they did not take Joekel.
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Official Branden Albert Trade News   Official Branden Albert Trade News EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 9:14 pm

Miami is willing to meet Alberts contract demands and are waiting to hear back from the Chiefs
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Official Branden Albert Trade News   Official Branden Albert Trade News EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 9:15 pm

Dolphins | Willing to meet Branden Albert's contract demands
Mon, 22 Apr 2013 17:05:15 -0700

The Miami Dolphins are willing to meet Kansas City Chiefs OT Branden Albert's contract demands, and are waiting to hear back from Kansas City. Albert is looking for money similar to Houston Texans OL Duane Brown.

Read more: http://kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz2RFF8Yewe
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Official Branden Albert Trade News   Official Branden Albert Trade News EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 12:06 am

Cardinals and Chargers are also rumored to be in the mix. If true we might be able to drive up the price a little and someone will cave draft day, or not have a LT.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

PostSubject: Re: Official Branden Albert Trade News   Official Branden Albert Trade News EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 7:20 pm

Dolphins will crumble on draft day. We'll land one of their 2nds for sure. I mean these are the same dipshits that gave up 2 2nds for headcase Brandon Marshall.
Back to top Go down
Canada Chiefs
n00b cake
n00b cake

PostSubject: Re: Official Branden Albert Trade News   Official Branden Albert Trade News EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 10:30 am

It surprises me that Miami is willing to pay Albert that much more than they were willing to pay Long and give up a high draft pick to get him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Branden Albert Trade News   Official Branden Albert Trade News Empty

Back to top Go down

Official Branden Albert Trade News
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next