ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Latest images  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
Geno Smith
Expect Albert to walk, Joeckel to be drafted Bar_left45%Expect Albert to walk, Joeckel to be drafted Bar_right
 45% [ 15 ]
Luke Joekel
Expect Albert to walk, Joeckel to be drafted Bar_left12%Expect Albert to walk, Joeckel to be drafted Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Domontre Moore
Expect Albert to walk, Joeckel to be drafted Bar_left3%Expect Albert to walk, Joeckel to be drafted Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Jarvis Jones
Expect Albert to walk, Joeckel to be drafted Bar_left9%Expect Albert to walk, Joeckel to be drafted Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Manti Te'o
Expect Albert to walk, Joeckel to be drafted Bar_left3%Expect Albert to walk, Joeckel to be drafted Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Star Lotulelei
Expect Albert to walk, Joeckel to be drafted Bar_left6%Expect Albert to walk, Joeckel to be drafted Bar_right
 6% [ 2 ]
Tyler Wilson
Expect Albert to walk, Joeckel to be drafted Bar_left12%Expect Albert to walk, Joeckel to be drafted Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Other
Expect Albert to walk, Joeckel to be drafted Bar_left9%Expect Albert to walk, Joeckel to be drafted Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 33
Latest topics
» Bones Stagione 7 Ita
Expect Albert to walk, Joeckel to be drafted EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 2:04 pm by 

» Paragon Partition Manager 12 10.1.19.15721 Personal
Expect Albert to walk, Joeckel to be drafted EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:20 pm by 

Expect Albert to walk, Joeckel to be drafted EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

Expect Albert to walk, Joeckel to be drafted EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

Expect Albert to walk, Joeckel to be drafted EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:18 pm by 

Advertisement

Expect Albert to walk, Joeckel to be drafted

Go down 
+5
SylvesterMalone1978
OutlawChief
BigRatt
Chiefs09
Touchdown Bowe
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

Expect Albert to walk, Joeckel to be drafted Empty
PostSubject: Expect Albert to walk, Joeckel to be drafted   Expect Albert to walk, Joeckel to be drafted EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 4:34 pm

We wont be going QB. We probably arent going with Star Loututleli.

Rumors out of Indy were that we loved Joeckel. Rumors out of Indy also said the Chiefs were going to grab Alex Smtih.

Indy rumors are 1 for 1 going on 2 for 2. Were about to waste the first pick to replace an already efficient Left Tackle.

I see Albert going to Chicago.
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Expect Albert to walk, Joeckel to be drafted   Expect Albert to walk, Joeckel to be drafted EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 5:04 pm

At least we will know we wont have a Gaither making 10 mil per missing games every year with back problems. that being said I still think there is a chance they resign him. they could tag him and trade for a 1.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

PostSubject: Re: Expect Albert to walk, Joeckel to be drafted   Expect Albert to walk, Joeckel to be drafted EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 5:06 pm

Chiefs09 wrote:
At least we will know we wont have a Gaither making 10 mil per missing games every year with back problems. that being said I still think there is a chance they resign him. they could tag him and trade for a 1.

Dont be silly. We said they should do the same with Carr last year. It wont happen.

Free agency and the draft is filled with several good available LTs. Any team that gives a 1st for Albert instead of drafting a guy like Eric Fisher is ludacris.

Welcome Joeckel.
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Expect Albert to walk, Joeckel to be drafted   Expect Albert to walk, Joeckel to be drafted EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 5:11 pm

Fisher will be gone top 10 along with Joekel. I'm talking like the teens. or low 20s. I dont think a 1st rnd QB is still out of the question just not #1. and if they resign Albert it will mean they want to trade him or they will try like hell to move out of #1.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

PostSubject: Re: Expect Albert to walk, Joeckel to be drafted   Expect Albert to walk, Joeckel to be drafted EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 5:28 pm

The Giants just resigned their LT for just shy of 8 mil per year today. Sources say Albert and Long will want more than that. Im very optimistic that KC resigns him for that price.
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Expect Albert to walk, Joeckel to be drafted   Expect Albert to walk, Joeckel to be drafted EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 6:09 pm

Where do you think they go if they do resign albert? Could go CB but I think they make a move in FA there. Maybe that G from Bama I guess.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Expect Albert to walk, Joeckel to be drafted   Expect Albert to walk, Joeckel to be drafted EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 9:06 pm

Chiefs09 wrote:
Where do you think they go if they do resign albert? Could go CB but I think they make a move in FA there. Maybe that G from Bama I guess.

No. Fuck Albert, Fuck Bowe, Fuck Colquit! Release them all and draft the best punter in the draft number 1. I really don't give a shit anymore, and I highly doubt I watch many games next year! I will spend more Sunday afternoons in my tree stand bow hunting whitetails.
Back to top Go down
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro
OutlawChief

PostSubject: Re: Expect Albert to walk, Joeckel to be drafted   Expect Albert to walk, Joeckel to be drafted EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 9:27 pm

Hopefully tag or resign Bowed. Resign Albert. Sign Sean Smith in FA. Then try like hell to trade back and get more pick. Maybe back to 8 with the Bills who love Geno. Raiders are actually helping saying they want Geno at 3.
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Expect Albert to walk, Joeckel to be drafted   Expect Albert to walk, Joeckel to be drafted EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 9:41 pm

BigRatt wrote:
Chiefs09 wrote:

No. Fuck Albert, Fuck Bowe, Fuck Colquit! Release them all and draft the best punter in the draft number 1. I really don't give a shit anymore, and I highly doubt I watch many games next year! I will spend more Sunday afternoons in my tree stand bow hunting whitetails.

If Pioli was still here I could see punter going #1 overall.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

PostSubject: Re: Expect Albert to walk, Joeckel to be drafted   Expect Albert to walk, Joeckel to be drafted EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 1:00 am

OutlawChief wrote:
Hopefully tag or resign Bowed. Resign Albert. Sign Sean Smith in FA. Then try like hell to trade back and get more pick. Maybe back to 8 with the Bills who love Geno. Raiders are actually helping saying they want Geno at 3.

Thats another ironic thing. People brought up Geno to KC before today and it was considered a "reach" or "not worth the #1 pick"..and here today reports come out that Oakland could take Geno at 3 and so on and the media thinks its a good fit. Fuck them.
Back to top Go down
SylvesterMalone1978
All-Pro
All-Pro
SylvesterMalone1978

PostSubject: Re: Expect Albert to walk, Joeckel to be drafted   Expect Albert to walk, Joeckel to be drafted EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 1:32 am

Draft a QB, DL, CB, or passrusher. Resign our LT!
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

PostSubject: Re: Expect Albert to walk, Joeckel to be drafted   Expect Albert to walk, Joeckel to be drafted EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 3:29 am

The one guy the smart fans didnt want..We traded for.

The one guy we dont want to draft..we will draft.

Franchise is an utter joke from top to bottom.
Back to top Go down
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro
chiefbravebull

PostSubject: Re: Expect Albert to walk, Joeckel to be drafted   Expect Albert to walk, Joeckel to be drafted EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 10:12 am

Why pay Albert all that money when we can draft a LT who is probably going to be better. If we resign Albert which I'm not against I do like the guy Milliner should be the pick. I don't like that many of the FA corners this year and Dee Milliner is probably better than all of the FAs.
Back to top Go down
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro
chiefbravebull

PostSubject: Re: Expect Albert to walk, Joeckel to be drafted   Expect Albert to walk, Joeckel to be drafted EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 10:17 am

I think Alex Smith may be perfect for the type of offense we are going to run here. After reading up on him I like it more and more. I hate the price we paid for him though. If we keep Bowe let A Albert walk out with his bad bsck , draft Joeckel, sign a FA corner, and either draft someone like Ogeltree or sign s FA ilb we could be a very dangerous team. I am starting to like what Dorsey and Reid are doing.
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Expect Albert to walk, Joeckel to be drafted   Expect Albert to walk, Joeckel to be drafted EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 10:56 am

Touchdown Bowe wrote:

You mean the smart fans that thought everything Pioli did was great?
Back to top Go down
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro
chiefbravebull

PostSubject: Re: Expect Albert to walk, Joeckel to be drafted   Expect Albert to walk, Joeckel to be drafted EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 11:27 am

Chiefs09 wrote:
Touchdown Bowe wrote:

You mean the smart fans that thought everything Pioli did was great?

BURN!
I didn't hate all the moves Pioli made but his dumbass did nothing with the most important position because his ego was too strong. If he would have admitted his fuck up with Cassel we might still be having pioli as gm.
Back to top Go down
Canada Chiefs
n00b cake
n00b cake

PostSubject: Re: Expect Albert to walk, Joeckel to be drafted   Expect Albert to walk, Joeckel to be drafted EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 2:17 pm

Best player available would mean the only positions possible at #1 are OT, DE, OLB or a CB (I would through Warmack as a G into the conversation as well). My preference, as with most people I'm hearing, is to trade down however if a trade partner does not exist these are the options as I see it.

Good Options
DE - may become a huge need possibly even needing 2 starters
CB - Milliner would be a great upgrade
G - a bit of a stretch but possible with the rookie salary system and a clear upgrade

Poor Options
OT - prefer to keep Albert and provide a clear upgrade somewhere else
OLB - we could use 1 more of these but too high of a pick for a rotational guy
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Expect Albert to walk, Joeckel to be drafted   Expect Albert to walk, Joeckel to be drafted EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 5:29 pm

I don't see the point in letting a better LT walk just to draft a cheaper one #1 overall. Trade down and draft Geno still.
Back to top Go down
http://arrowheaddrive.com
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Expect Albert to walk, Joeckel to be drafted   Expect Albert to walk, Joeckel to be drafted EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 5:29 pm

Or Millner.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Expect Albert to walk, Joeckel to be drafted   Expect Albert to walk, Joeckel to be drafted EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 6:04 pm

You wont find a bigger O line homer than me. I think Joeckel is going to have some issues his 1st year. You can see it in his film. When he comes out high in his stance, defenders get under his pad level and get off him balance. I seen many times where he was pushed all the way back into the QBs feet. I think he is going to struggle in the run game. I watched the Texas game and you can see him taking players wide with his athleticism at the line of scrimmage. However, he struggles when he has to line up and go up the field. He will be a player that has to have help early. The best thing he can do is get his ass into the weight room and put on some bulk and strength. He's only 22 though so he has some time to mature. If Joeckel is the pick we will miss Albert's run blocking ability!
Back to top Go down
kcchiefs
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
kcchiefs

PostSubject: Re: Expect Albert to walk, Joeckel to be drafted   Expect Albert to walk, Joeckel to be drafted EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 6:10 pm

If we end up drafting Joekel and letting Albert walk this offseason will be a loss in my eyes. You give up your second round pick, let a proven LT go and have to spend your first overall pick to replace him. That makes absolutely no sense to me!
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Expect Albert to walk, Joeckel to be drafted   Expect Albert to walk, Joeckel to be drafted EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 6:10 pm

He gets pushed back more than be should for being a top LT.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Expect Albert to walk, Joeckel to be drafted   Expect Albert to walk, Joeckel to be drafted EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 6:12 pm

You simply just don't let a LT walk to draft one. Have the Chiefs not learned the lesson that LT isn't the key to he Super Bowl? Do we want to be the Dolphins and draft Long instead of Ryan? Actually that isn't a good comparison, because Joekel doesn't compare to Long.
Back to top Go down
kcchiefs
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
kcchiefs

PostSubject: Re: Expect Albert to walk, Joeckel to be drafted   Expect Albert to walk, Joeckel to be drafted EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 6:18 pm

Even if he does, Look at Jake Long now. He has been horrible the past 2 seasons and Albert has only gotten better and strives to be the best. I would pay Albert his money and call it a day.
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Expect Albert to walk, Joeckel to be drafted   Expect Albert to walk, Joeckel to be drafted EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 7:28 pm

RustShack wrote:
You simply just don't let a LT walk to draft one. Have the Chiefs not learned the lesson that LT isn't the key to he Super Bowl? Do we want to be the Dolphins and draft Long instead of Ryan? Actually that isn't a good comparison, because Joekel doesn't compare to Long.
But if you give a LT 10 mil+ and he misses games evewry year because of his back it is a waste of a ton of money on the most important line position
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Expect Albert to walk, Joeckel to be drafted   Expect Albert to walk, Joeckel to be drafted Empty

Back to top Go down

Expect Albert to walk, Joeckel to be drafted
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next