ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Latest images  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
Geno Smith
Bowe wants to stay Bar_left45%Bowe wants to stay Bar_right
 45% [ 15 ]
Luke Joekel
Bowe wants to stay Bar_left12%Bowe wants to stay Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Domontre Moore
Bowe wants to stay Bar_left3%Bowe wants to stay Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Jarvis Jones
Bowe wants to stay Bar_left9%Bowe wants to stay Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Manti Te'o
Bowe wants to stay Bar_left3%Bowe wants to stay Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Star Lotulelei
Bowe wants to stay Bar_left6%Bowe wants to stay Bar_right
 6% [ 2 ]
Tyler Wilson
Bowe wants to stay Bar_left12%Bowe wants to stay Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Other
Bowe wants to stay Bar_left9%Bowe wants to stay Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 33
Latest topics
» Bones Stagione 7 Ita
Bowe wants to stay EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 2:04 pm by 

» Paragon Partition Manager 12 10.1.19.15721 Personal
Bowe wants to stay EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:20 pm by 

Bowe wants to stay EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

Bowe wants to stay EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

Bowe wants to stay EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:18 pm by 

Advertisement

Bowe wants to stay

Go down 
+3
redross006
BigRatt
RustShack
7 posters
AuthorMessage
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

Bowe wants to stay Empty
PostSubject: Bowe wants to stay   Bowe wants to stay EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 12:06 am

Bowe says he never wanted out of KC, wants to finish career as a Chief
By ADAM TEICHER
The Kansas City Star
Chiefs wide receiver Dwayne Bowe says he'd like to stay with the Chiefs.
JOHN SLEEZER
Chiefs wide receiver Dwayne Bowe says he'd like to stay with the Chiefs.

Wide receiver Dwayne Bowe sought to clear up what he said was a misconception that he wanted out of Kansas City. To the contrary, Bowe said Thursday in a rare interview he would like to finish his career with the Chiefs.

“Why wouldn’t I want to stay here? It’s a no-brainer for me,” said Bowe, who became emphatic once the topic was introduced. “I never said I didn’t want to be here. I never said that. This is where it started for me. This is where people know me from. That’s crazy to me.

“When I heard that, I was like, ‘Where did that come from?’ I never said I wanted out. Please clear that up for me. Do I play like I don’t want to be here? I just keep my mouth closed and play the game. That’s what I do. Please tell everybody to stop saying I’m a bad guy. I just don’t talk (to the media much).”

Bowe is on the verge of becoming the greatest pass receiver in Chiefs history, at least statistically. With another 12 catches, Bowe will become their career leading pass catcher for a wide receiver, passing Henry Marshall.

He would then become the Chiefs second-leading career pass receiver, though he would still be about 500 catches behind tight end Tony Gonzalez.

Because of the history, among other reasons, Bowe said he would like to remain with the Chiefs.

“This is where I was drafted,” Bowe said. “When I’m finished, I feel I should be in the Hall of Fame and hopefully win Super Bowls.

“I play the game to win. That’s what I do week in and week out. I feel we can do that here, of course. Things happen and it won’t be easy but I try to show (that spirit) and it will become contagious. You’ll see it. It’s coming.”

It’s less than certain that Bowe figures into the Chiefs’ long-term plans. When the sides couldn’t agree on a contract this year, the Chiefs made Bowe their franchise player, and after missing all of offseason practice and training camp in protest, he signed their one-year contract worth about $9.5 million.

The Chiefs and Bowe could agree to terms for a long-term contract after this season, but it seems unlikely given that the Chiefs didn’t offer a deal this year that would make Bowe happy and he’ll be another year closer to the end of his career.

The Chiefs could also keep Bowe again as their franchise player.

“We’ll have to see how all that goes,” Bowe said. “All I can do is continue to play my best here to make it happen.”

By the numbers, Bowe hasn’t been affected much by the numerous problems otherwise dragging down the 1-8 Chiefs. He has is having one of the better statistical seasons of his career.

Bowe has 49 receptions, putting him on pace for 87. His career high is 86 set in 2008. But he has only three touchdowns, each coming in the fourth quarter of a blowout loss.

“I think I’ve been productive,” he said. “My production has been steady.

“As a receiver, my job is to catch the ball from the quarterback no matter who that is. With both quarterbacks coming in and playing to the best of their ability, I think I’ve been doing a great job catching either one of their passes. It’s all in the head coach’s decision who plays. I try to compete at a high level each week. I try to give my team a better opportunity to win. That’s what I work in practice to do.”

Bowe turned 28 in September, so he’s approaching the age when some receivers begin to lose their skills. But he said he planned to play several more seasons.

“I think I’m just getting started,” Bowe said. “I’m 28, but I’ve learned how to play with (nine) different quarterbacks. I learned how to be the man … you can see that during the majority of the game I’m always going to be open. It took years for me to learn all that and it’s going to extend my career and I’ll be a big-time playmaker.

“I feel like I’ve got at least six more (seasons) in me, six more (easily). I love this game. You can tell in the way I play it … 33, 34, that’s what I’m shooting for.”

Bowe, notorious earlier in his career for arriving at Chiefs camp out of shape, said he would work harder during the offseason to maintain his conditioning.

“When you’re young you go off just talent,” he said. “The older you get, it’s all about technique. This offseason, I’m definitely going to have a personal trainer travel with me wherever I go and work on the things I need to work on.”

In the meantime, the Chiefs have seven games remaining. Pointing to Monday night’s overtime loss in Pittsburgh as progress, Bowe said the Chiefs would win their share of them.

“Guys are just starting to know how to play together,” Bowe said. “That’s one thing coach talks about, guys playing together and playing as a team and sometimes it takes a team eight games or how many games it is to figure it out. I think guys have just figured out how to put it all together.

“We’re not that far away from winning. Seven games is a long time in football.”
Back to top Go down
http://arrowheaddrive.com
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

Bowe wants to stay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bowe wants to stay   Bowe wants to stay EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 9:50 pm

I thought that when that dumbass was reporting that he wanted out. Bowe didn't actually say those words. I hope they can get a deal done! Having Bowe around would be a big benefit for a young QB.
Back to top Go down
redross006
Amateur
Amateur
redross006

Bowe wants to stay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bowe wants to stay   Bowe wants to stay EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 10:07 am

Bowe is telling the fans what they wanna hear... when he see's what other teams are willing to give him and who those teams may be... he will be gone.
Back to top Go down
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro
OutlawChief

Bowe wants to stay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bowe wants to stay   Bowe wants to stay EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 12:41 pm

Actually think it all depends on the offseason. If Pioli sticks around Bowed will hit the door running. If he is gone. Bowed will be more willing to stay.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

Bowe wants to stay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bowe wants to stay   Bowe wants to stay EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 6:17 pm

Bowe has no reason to tell the fans what the want to hear, especially if he hates it here.
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

Bowe wants to stay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bowe wants to stay   Bowe wants to stay EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 2:11 pm

RustShack wrote:
Bowe has no reason to tell the fans what the want to hear, especially if he hates it here.

Yes he does. Makes it easier for his agent to negotiate during the FA period if he has other teams thinking Bowe is okay with staying in KC and not necessarily wanting out.
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

Bowe wants to stay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bowe wants to stay   Bowe wants to stay EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 2:12 pm

Nothing players say has anything to do with the fans its about the business
Back to top Go down
redross006
Amateur
Amateur
redross006

Bowe wants to stay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bowe wants to stay   Bowe wants to stay EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 4:35 pm

when next season is here and Bowe is NOT a Chief.... I will say I told you so.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

Bowe wants to stay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bowe wants to stay   Bowe wants to stay EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 12:18 am

Yeah, thats what I've heard about Hali, DJ, Charles, Flowers, and Carr too. But hey you got one! Maybe you can strike on another too.
Back to top Go down
redross006
Amateur
Amateur
redross006

Bowe wants to stay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bowe wants to stay   Bowe wants to stay EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 12:44 am

RustShack wrote:
Yeah, thats what I've heard about Hali, DJ, Charles, Flowers, and Carr too. But hey you got one! Maybe you can strike on another too.
Sad thing is Rust I never said Hali, Charles or Flowers would leave(although rumor has it that Flowers has said he would be willing to give all the $$$ back if the Chiefs would let him walk). And I said Carr would be gone and I was right.You were the one who said that Carr was not going to go anywhere. And according to your past predictions... Bowe is already supposed to be under contract. Check past forums and lets tally how many times I was dead on and you were dead wrong. You really have your finger on the pulse of this team huh? Truth is you are about as clued in as Pioli and Romeo......BOOM!!!!
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

Bowe wants to stay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bowe wants to stay   Bowe wants to stay EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 2:34 pm

You were also wrong that Cassel could never be benched while hes here. That Crennel would be fired if he played Quinn. It happens to you and everyone else. The difference is I say my OPINION on everything, you just pop in then disappear for awhile if you're wrong.
Back to top Go down
redross006
Amateur
Amateur
redross006

Bowe wants to stay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bowe wants to stay   Bowe wants to stay EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 4:33 pm

Everyone click on my profile and read my posts...and then read the garbage that Rust has posted.... let the literature speak for itself. I never said Crennel would be fired if he played Quinn... that is just Rust making shit up ( what else is new though right). Rust just read the posts and admit YOU ARE WRONG....my biggest mistake was thinking that Romeo earned the right to coach this team this year. I also thought that Routt may have been the best option at CB after Carr walked. Rust went so far as to say that he was 90% sure that Orton or Manning would be our QB this year and that Vincent Jackson was the same talent as Baldwin.... REALLY!!!! Just read the posts.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

Bowe wants to stay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bowe wants to stay   Bowe wants to stay EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 2:53 am

Hate to say it but Bowe is as good as gone unless we bring in a new front office. Thats the only hope because Pioli wont get the deal done.
Back to top Go down
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro
chiefbravebull

Bowe wants to stay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bowe wants to stay   Bowe wants to stay EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 11:23 pm

Its all smoke and mirrors. Contract leverage. We can Franchise him again too.
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

Bowe wants to stay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bowe wants to stay   Bowe wants to stay EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 10:17 pm

I was the one said Crennel would be fired if he played Quinn. Fact is though Quinn got the job cause of injury and by the time it was an actual benching of Cassel Crennels job was as good as gone. No way Crennel is here after seasons end and if Hunt gives a shit at all about this franchise Pioli will be gone too. This nonsense that we are a QB away from contention is stupid. No 1-15 team is a QB away from contention. The Dline sucks and will lose at least one starter if not both ends. Belcher is a joke. only 1 CB to speak of. Hillis has been a joke. Baldwin never going to live up to potential because he is stupid. Bowe good as gone. Breaston has never lived up to contract here. This team is full of holes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bowe wants to stay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bowe wants to stay   Bowe wants to stay Empty

Back to top Go down

Bowe wants to stay
Page 1 of 1