ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Latest images  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
Geno Smith
Chiefs sign RT Eric Winston Bar_left45%Chiefs sign RT Eric Winston Bar_right
 45% [ 15 ]
Luke Joekel
Chiefs sign RT Eric Winston Bar_left12%Chiefs sign RT Eric Winston Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Domontre Moore
Chiefs sign RT Eric Winston Bar_left3%Chiefs sign RT Eric Winston Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Jarvis Jones
Chiefs sign RT Eric Winston Bar_left9%Chiefs sign RT Eric Winston Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Manti Te'o
Chiefs sign RT Eric Winston Bar_left3%Chiefs sign RT Eric Winston Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Star Lotulelei
Chiefs sign RT Eric Winston Bar_left6%Chiefs sign RT Eric Winston Bar_right
 6% [ 2 ]
Tyler Wilson
Chiefs sign RT Eric Winston Bar_left12%Chiefs sign RT Eric Winston Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Other
Chiefs sign RT Eric Winston Bar_left9%Chiefs sign RT Eric Winston Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 33
Latest topics
» Bones Stagione 7 Ita
Chiefs sign RT Eric Winston EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 2:04 pm by 

» Paragon Partition Manager 12 10.1.19.15721 Personal
Chiefs sign RT Eric Winston EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:20 pm by 

Chiefs sign RT Eric Winston EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

Chiefs sign RT Eric Winston EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

Chiefs sign RT Eric Winston EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:18 pm by 

Advertisement

Chiefs sign RT Eric Winston

Go down 
+5
KCJay
chiefbravebull
BigRatt
Chiefs09
Touchdown Bowe
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

Chiefs sign RT Eric Winston Empty
PostSubject: Chiefs sign RT Eric Winston   Chiefs sign RT Eric Winston EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 6:56 pm

Per kcchiefs.com
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign RT Eric Winston   Chiefs sign RT Eric Winston EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 6:58 pm

Best signing by the Chiefs in a long time imo. Went from one of the worst RTs in the league to one of the best. Now KC can focus on other positions in the draft.
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign RT Eric Winston   Chiefs sign RT Eric Winston EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 6:59 pm

absolutely great signing. wimbley is supposed to be visiting Monday too.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign RT Eric Winston   Chiefs sign RT Eric Winston EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 7:08 pm

I honestly dont think we should sign Wimbley. Houston and Hali are there with Sheffield backing up. We could draft another guy for cheaper than what we could sign Wimbley for.
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign RT Eric Winston   Chiefs sign RT Eric Winston EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 7:26 pm

Quinn just signed too
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign RT Eric Winston   Chiefs sign RT Eric Winston EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 7:27 pm

And Abreyu Franklin is visiting monday also.
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign RT Eric Winston   Chiefs sign RT Eric Winston EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 8:14 pm

I love both moves so far today. still need a NT. We get a NT and Broncos dont get Manning the division is over. Winston is best FA pick up in a long time. I also think Quinn is capable of beating out Cassel if it is truly a fair competition which I doubt. I have bashed Pioli a lot but I give him cred here on 2 very nice moves.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign RT Eric Winston   Chiefs sign RT Eric Winston EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 8:15 pm

Chiefs are makin some good moves here. Hope this doesnt mean Tannehill is out of the question though.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign RT Eric Winston   Chiefs sign RT Eric Winston EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 8:15 pm

We've filled every position except for the 2 most important...QB and NT
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign RT Eric Winston   Chiefs sign RT Eric Winston EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 10:14 pm

Touchdown Bowe wrote:
We've filled every position except for the 2 most important...QB and NT

I believe Orton knew what he was talking about when he said this was Cassels team. sad as it is
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign RT Eric Winston   Chiefs sign RT Eric Winston EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 10:25 pm

Yes! I love this move! Wow! Our Oline is looking up nicely. We just need Decastro to finish it off.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign RT Eric Winston   Chiefs sign RT Eric Winston EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 10:26 pm

Contract wasn't as bad as I thought it might be. Reports are they got him on a 4 year 22 million dollar deal.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign RT Eric Winston   Chiefs sign RT Eric Winston EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 10:29 pm

I'm glad to see you sum bitches happier today! I know this has made my day.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign RT Eric Winston   Chiefs sign RT Eric Winston EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 10:30 pm

I dont know about Franklin, he didn't do much of nothing last year.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign RT Eric Winston   Chiefs sign RT Eric Winston EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 10:41 pm

Chiefs ink Eric Winston, Brady Quinn

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- The Kansas City Chiefs addressed their most glaring need on offensive Saturday, signing veteran tackle Eric Winston, and then adding depth at quarterback by agreeing to terms with Brady Quinn.

Winston was in the fourth year of a $30 million, five-year deal when he was cut by the Houston Texas to save salary-cap space. He instantly became the most coveted right tackle on the market, and Kansas City quickly swooped in to line up a visit.

Signing veteran right tackle Eric Winston is a huge addition for the Chiefs and their weak offensive line, writes Bill Williamson. Blog

Their likely sales pitch includes a chance to block for one of the most dynamic running backs in the league in Jamaal Charles, play for a team on the rise, and sample some of the world's best barbecue -- Winston tweeted during his visit on Friday that Chiefs brass had taken him to Fiorella's Jack Stack Barbecue for lunch.

The 28-year-old Winston entered the league with Houston in 2006 and quickly moved into the lineup. He started every game for Houston over the past five seasons.

Winston will take over at right tackle for Barry Richardson, who struggled much of last season before becoming a free agent.

"Hello, Kansas City!" Winston tweeted Saturday night. "Anyone know where some good neighborhoods to live in?"

Quinn was targeted to backup quarterback Matt Cassel, who will be coming back from a season-ending injury to his throwing hand.

The former first-round pick of the Browns started 12 games over three seasons in Cleveland, completing 52 percent of his passes for 1,902 yards and 10 touchdowns with nine interceptions. He did not play as a backup last season in Denver.

The Chiefs have been aggressive in upgrading an offense that ranked at the bottom of the league in nearly every significant statistical category last season.

Earlier in the week, the Chiefs signed former Browns running back Peyton Hillis and former Oakland tight end Kevin Boss. They've also signed cornerback Stanford Routt, who was teammates with Boss last season with the Raiders.

The move to sign Winston means the Chiefs can spend the 11th overall pick in April's draft on other pressing needs, such as defensive tackle and inside linebacker.
Back to top Go down
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro
chiefbravebull

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign RT Eric Winston   Chiefs sign RT Eric Winston EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 12:51 am

Franklin would be a great NT. I thought we should have signed him last year. There are other options out there. I dont think Franklin would cost that much really and would be a huge upgrade.

Winston coming here makes me wanna do fucking back flips man. Our O-line has the piece it needed.

Quinn is here to push Cassel.

I think that with our pick we should get BPA, no matter what position it is!

Some great moves by Pioli.
Back to top Go down
KCJay
Pro
Pro
KCJay

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign RT Eric Winston   Chiefs sign RT Eric Winston EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 2:02 am

Poe is my hope with our pick, now...We can make do with what we have at LG for the time being...

Poe is better than any NT on the market and he will come cheaper than anything on the FA market..

Man, we have real contender with the recent moves by Pioli...Great off season, so far, and the draft is still to come...Manning has to be shaking his head at his snuffing of us...FU, B!TCH!!!
Back to top Go down
kcchiefs
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
kcchiefs

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign RT Eric Winston   Chiefs sign RT Eric Winston EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 11:38 am

I think we have quietly had one of if not the best offseasons in the entire NFL. And its only just began! Hopefully we sign one of the G/T that we are bringing in for a visit this week.
Back to top Go down
SylvesterMalone1978
All-Pro
All-Pro
SylvesterMalone1978

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign RT Eric Winston   Chiefs sign RT Eric Winston EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 4:21 pm

Poe is going to happen. Pioli and Crennel are all about stacking and building that great defense through the draft. Hope he's the next Ngata like Mayock says.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign RT Eric Winston   Chiefs sign RT Eric Winston EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 10:31 pm

SylvesterMalone1978 wrote:
Poe is going to happen. Pioli and Crennel are all about stacking and building that great defense through the draft. Hope he's the next Ngata like Mayock says.

Isn't Ngata a 3 and 5 tech most of the time? I have read he is rarely over Center. I know they drift in and out of the 4-3 quite a bit to. I'm not sold on taking pure potential at 11 in Poe. He has done very little in college. You can have all the talent in the world but that doesn't mean you can play football when its time. If we select Poe and he busts while Decastro goes to the Hall of Fame after a 10 to 15 year career. I will be all kinds of upset!
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign RT Eric Winston   Chiefs sign RT Eric Winston EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 10:36 pm

BigRatt wrote:
SylvesterMalone1978 wrote:

Isn't Ngata a 3 and 5 tech most of the time? I have read he is rarely over Center. I know they drift in and out of the 4-3 quite a bit to. I'm not sold on taking pure potential at 11 in Poe. He has done very little in college. You can have all the talent in the world but that doesn't mean you can play football when its time. If we select Poe and he busts while Decastro goes to the Hall of Fame after a 10 to 15 year career. I will be all kinds of upset!

I am with you there. at least at 11. Poe seems like he could be a combine warrior. decastro is a sure thing. I also like richardson and kuechly. bring in franklin as another stop gap.
Back to top Go down
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro
chiefbravebull

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign RT Eric Winston   Chiefs sign RT Eric Winston EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 12:20 am

Poe is going to be a high risk pick. Pioli wont make that pick. Pioli will go with BPA this year.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign RT Eric Winston   Chiefs sign RT Eric Winston EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 2:17 am

Signing Winston is huge. Huge addition to this OL. Hopefully its so good now that even Cassel has a hard time making them look bad. Sounds like the Browns are moving to a 4-3 now, I would LOVE to have either Phil Taylor or Atuba Rubin if they feel they need to go a different direction because of the switch and would cheaply trade. As for Franklin, wasn't sold on him last year and still not really this year since the 49ers ran a different gap scheme than we do. Poe is interesting, I'd trust Crennel and Pioli if they think he can be a NT, but I'd prefer a more sure thing in DeCastro and just sign Shaun Rogers.
Back to top Go down
http://arrowheaddrive.com
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro
chiefbravebull

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign RT Eric Winston   Chiefs sign RT Eric Winston EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 8:12 am

Im with you on this Rust. DeCastro would start for us for many years to come while Poe is a huge risk. If we draft DeCastro we would have LT- Albert LG- DeCastro C- Hudson RG- Asomoah RT- Winston. THat is a very good O-Line.
Back to top Go down
FatThucker
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign RT Eric Winston   Chiefs sign RT Eric Winston EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 12:32 pm

The Chiefs first rounder this year will simply be BPA. I could definitely see a trade down again this year and draft someone like Courtney Upshaw, Donta Hightower or Cordy Glenn. But if we stand pat, I don't think we'll try to draft for need. Now that the RT is solidified, Chiefs could go in any direction. Decastro, Trent Richardson, Melvin Ingram, Poe, Fletcher Cox, Kuechly and Devon Still all come to mind.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chiefs sign RT Eric Winston   Chiefs sign RT Eric Winston Empty

Back to top Go down

Chiefs sign RT Eric Winston
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next