ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Latest images  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
Geno Smith
Final Draft Results Bar_left45%Final Draft Results Bar_right
 45% [ 15 ]
Luke Joekel
Final Draft Results Bar_left12%Final Draft Results Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Domontre Moore
Final Draft Results Bar_left3%Final Draft Results Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Jarvis Jones
Final Draft Results Bar_left9%Final Draft Results Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Manti Te'o
Final Draft Results Bar_left3%Final Draft Results Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Star Lotulelei
Final Draft Results Bar_left6%Final Draft Results Bar_right
 6% [ 2 ]
Tyler Wilson
Final Draft Results Bar_left12%Final Draft Results Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Other
Final Draft Results Bar_left9%Final Draft Results Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 33
Latest topics
» Bones Stagione 7 Ita
Final Draft Results EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 2:04 pm by 

» Paragon Partition Manager 12 10.1.19.15721 Personal
Final Draft Results EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:20 pm by 

Final Draft Results EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

Final Draft Results EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

Final Draft Results EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:18 pm by 

Advertisement

Final Draft Results

Go down 
+3
chiefbravebull
FatThucker
RustShack
7 posters
AuthorMessage
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

Final Draft Results Empty
PostSubject: Final Draft Results   Final Draft Results EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 9:50 pm

Round 1, Pick 26 (26) (From Falcons through Browns)

Jonathan Baldwin
WR
6'4"
Pittsburgh

Pick Analysis: Todd Hailey identifies an explosive complementary receiver to pair with Dwayne Bowe. Baldwin has remarkable athleticism and skills, but hasn't been consistent throughout his career. However, his potential is off the charts, and he could become a difference maker in the Chiefs' vertical passing game.

Round 2, Pick 23 (55)

Rodney Hudson
OL
6'2"
Florida St.

Pick Analysis: Scott Pioli addresses the Chiefs' biggest offensive need with the selection of Hudson. He brings strength, power and toughness to the interior of their offensive line as a potential guard or center. This should help Jamaal Charles and Thomas Jones find plenty of running room between the tackles.

Round 3, Pick 6 (70) (From Browns)

Justin Houston
LB
6'3"
Georgia

Pick Analysis: The Chiefs nab a first-round talent with the selection of Houston. He is an explosive pass rusher with the initial quickness and burst to consistently pressure the passer off the edges. Though he suffered a dramatic slip on draft day due to some character concerns, he gives them a big-time playmaker along their defensive front.

Round 3, Pick 22 (86)

Allen Bailey
DL
6'3"
Miami

Pick Analysis: The Chiefs pick up a versatile frontline player with the addition of Bailey. He has played defensive end and tackle during his career at Miami but looks like a solid five-technique with the Chiefs. He will be counted on to add some juice and playmaking to the defense as a rotational player.

Round 4, Pick 21 (118)

Jalil Brown
DB
6'1"
Colorado

Pick Analysis: Romeo Crennel gets another talented cover man to incorporate into his defense. Brown has good instincts and physical skills, and could become a key contributor as part of their sub-package on passing downs.

Round 5, Pick 4 (135) (From Broncos through Buccaneers)

Ricky Stanzi
QB
6'4"
Iowa

Pick Analysis: The former Hawkeye is a classic developmental prospect at the position. He has outstanding intangibles and understands how to quickly work through his progressions in the pocket. He could be a valuable backup option for the Chiefs.

Round 5, Pick 9 (140) (From Lions)

Gabe Miller
OLB
6'3"
Oregon St.

Pick Analysis: The Chiefs pick up another young linebacker to incorporate into their defensive rotation. He will vie for time immediately as a special teams player.

Round 6, Pick 34 (199) (Compensatory Selection)

Jerrell Powe
DL
6'2"
Mississippi

Pick Analysis: Powe has power and is able to fight through double teams. He has a chance to get snaps on a situational basis in the Chiefs' scheme.

Round 7, Pick 20 (223)

Shane Bannon
FB
Yale
Back to top Go down
http://arrowheaddrive.com
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Final Draft Results   Final Draft Results EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 9:54 pm

Overall I think it was a great draft. Bailey kinda sounds like Magee version 2.

Baldwin, Hudson, Houston, Powe, and even Bannon could all be starters by the end of the year. Took a lot of "risks" this year.. a lot of potential that could become big time players.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Final Draft Results   Final Draft Results EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 10:55 pm

I take it back... reading up more about Allen Bailey he could become real good. He is a hell of a lot stronger and athletic than Magee.

Positives: Has raw, brute, country strength and is chiseled like a Greek god. Physical marvel. Very strong at the point of attack and can set the edge, push the pocket and anchor vs. the double-team. Almost never gets knocked off the ball and has exceptional two-gap strength. Outstanding energy and effort — runs to the ball. Has a 36-inch vertical jump and good lower-body explosion. Strong tackler. Outstanding character. Highly motivated, hardworking and driven to succeed.
Back to top Go down
FatThucker
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Final Draft Results   Final Draft Results EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 11:39 pm

I can see him right now as a missile in the middle of our punt coverage! Just not sure where he really fits on our defense though. Solid draft, things fell into place nicely. Everything hinges on Baldwin to turn to a great draft.
Back to top Go down
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro
chiefbravebull

PostSubject: Re: Final Draft Results   Final Draft Results EmptySun May 01, 2011 12:19 am

If we keep Bladwin in line we are going to be scary on offense. Its not his talent that kept him from being drafted higher it was attitude.

Hudson will be the starter at Center if Weigman retires. He is smart and a very durable and tough blocker.

Houston is a freakin stud. He would have been a 1st tounder if he wouldnt have tested positive for the chronic. Watch video of him. He is a nasty player when he wants to be. Romeo will get the best out of him.

Bailey will push Tyson Jackson because he will probably outwork him. Bailey I could see taking over opposite Dorsey if he picks up on the two gap system quick enough. The guy is a high character guy with great strength.

Jalil Brown is a great tackler who will probably play very little at coenre this year but will be huge for us on special teams.
Back to top Go down
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro
chiefbravebull

PostSubject: Re: Final Draft Results   Final Draft Results EmptySun May 01, 2011 12:24 am

Stanzi I think could take over for Cassel in two years and be a smart manageable starter in this league. He has the arm to make the throws needed in this offense. Plus he has a great work ethic.

Gabe Miller is a freak athlete who has suffered two ruptured achillies tendons. One of them in high school. Used to be a TE and could play it also. Might be a decent backup OLB. Should be a great special teamer.

Powe is a hell of a pick for us. He could very easily end up a very solid starting NT in the league.

Bannon could also be our starting FB and be a nice special teamer also.
Back to top Go down
FatThucker
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Final Draft Results   Final Draft Results EmptyMon May 02, 2011 12:33 pm

From Peter King's MMQB

Story of the Weekend.

His is just a name in the small type, like the other 253 draftees.

Round 7, overall pick 223: RB Shane Bannon, Yale.

"But it's amazing,'' said Shane Bannon's agent, Joe Linta. "This kid wasn't even on the map 30 days ago.''

Well, 40, to be fair. No one knew who he was until a small-college pro day, in a workout facility in tiny Tolland, Conn., was wedged into the NFL schedule, early in the morning on March 23, before the regularly scheduled UConn event that day.

Bannon is 6-2 and 265 pounds. He never carried the ball last year in a game, and he had 13 catches. He got picked by the Chiefs in the seventh round Saturday night because he's a great blocker and can be a tempo-setter on special teams. "He would kill people,'' said Ross Tucker, my buddy and a broadcaster who did an Ivy League game of the week last year for the YES Network. "But I had no idea he was a prospect. Shane Bannon got drafted? I never figured that.''

Credit Linta, who also got the lightly regarded Tucker a pro tryout with the Redskins after his Princeton career, a tryout that led to a seven-year NFL career. Pro GMs like Scott Pioli of the Chiefs respect Linta more than many agents because he's a former coach, and because he's brought them solid prospects before.

"He really helped me,'' said Bannon, who will graduate from Yale later this month. "I'm not your classic football prospect. I didn't even play football until my sophomore year in high school, and then, I never dreamed of this as a possibility.'' Then Linta saw some tape of Bannon, thought he should be in an NFL camp as a special-teamer and blocking back, and began spreading the word. "I was going to work like a crazy man to spread the word on him once I saw the film,'' Linta said.

He got Bannon in front of some NFL teams -- New England, Seattle, Kansas City, Chicago. Five others came to his pro day. And when he ran a 4.7 40-yard dash, suddenly he wasn't just a lumbering lug. He was a prospect. "I felt if I worked hard and Joe did what he does well, I might have a chance," said Bannon. "At the end of the year, no one knew who I was. I went from being completely unknown to, in the last month, being on a few teams' radar.''

Said Pioli: "I've done a lot of business with Joe. The scouting system is far from perfect. We miss guys sometimes. It's an inexact science. That's where Joe can help sometimes. He knows players.''

So now the lone Ivy Leaguer to hear his name called over the weekend in the draft has a shot. Underdogs everywhere will be watching.

Sounds like a real sleeper. I hope we get to see both Bannon and Bailey on kick coverages! That's a great way to intimidate on gamedays.

Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Final Draft Results   Final Draft Results EmptyMon May 02, 2011 10:14 pm

Holy SHIT! Allen Bailey weighs 285, and only has 8% body fat. He also has the highest vertical jump in Miami Hurricane History! This guy is an athletic freak, I would line him up at ILB and let him stuff the run on the goal line. We could use him in so many ways.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Final Draft Results   Final Draft Results EmptyMon May 02, 2011 10:17 pm

He could put on a little weight and be a great DE for us, or he could play some OLB even at his size. Hell I'd move him to the inside in nickle situations.. Imagine him, Dorsey, Gillberry, Hali, and Houston all coming at ya.
Back to top Go down
SylvesterMalone1978
All-Pro
All-Pro
SylvesterMalone1978

PostSubject: Re: Final Draft Results   Final Draft Results EmptyTue May 03, 2011 12:01 am

Wow! We might have found a real gem in Bailey!
Back to top Go down
gregorychief
n00b cake
n00b cake

PostSubject: Re: Final Draft Results   Final Draft Results EmptyTue May 03, 2011 8:37 am

Potential releases : Mays, Cox, Leggett, Croyle, Weigman, Vrabel, and a few WR's, all due to this draft class.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Final Draft Results   Final Draft Results EmptyTue May 03, 2011 11:29 am

gregorychief wrote:
Potential releases : Mays, Cox, Leggett, Croyle, Weigman, Vrabel, and a few WR's, all due to this draft class.

I agree about everyone except Vrabel. I think he needs to stay around this year and work with Houston. Not to mention hes still a damn animal for a old man. The rest of that bunchs need to be gone. Its amazing how much average and below average players this draft could trim from the roster.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

PostSubject: Re: Final Draft Results   Final Draft Results EmptyMon May 09, 2011 10:12 pm

Im so pumped about this draft class!! Almost every single pick made sense to me, except the Jalil Brown and Shane Bannon picks. I guess Brown could be there for size and depth but idk. I LOVED the Jon Baldwin pick. The dudes a monster..He almost reminds me of a Vincent Jackson type player..a guy who can stretch the field and go up for the ball. Loved the Hudson pick as well. He's a leader and will be a great center for us in the future. Justin Houston will be a pro bowler..the dudes a freak. Were so lucky to have had him fall to us. Allen Bailey is an absolute freak also..dude has so much muscle and is incredibly athletic for a 3-4 DE. I knew we'd pick Ricky Stanzi coming in..and I was glad we did. He's got starting potential imo. The Powe pick was also kind of expected..just not that late. I think he's gonna be a solid starter as well. I really think the Chiefs were looking to get bigger this draft..guys like Baldwin, Houston, and Powe are pretty good sized, physical players. Im extremely pumped to see this team next year..I hope this lockout crap ends soon and we can get back to football cause im stoked to see these guys play.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

PostSubject: Re: Final Draft Results   Final Draft Results EmptyMon May 09, 2011 10:14 pm

Oh forgot about Gabe Miller....He's got a cool first name. Gabe..very unique. Thats all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final Draft Results   Final Draft Results Empty

Back to top Go down

Final Draft Results
Page 1 of 1