ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Latest images  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
Geno Smith
Drafting Joeckel essentially means... Bar_left45%Drafting Joeckel essentially means... Bar_right
 45% [ 15 ]
Luke Joekel
Drafting Joeckel essentially means... Bar_left12%Drafting Joeckel essentially means... Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Domontre Moore
Drafting Joeckel essentially means... Bar_left3%Drafting Joeckel essentially means... Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Jarvis Jones
Drafting Joeckel essentially means... Bar_left9%Drafting Joeckel essentially means... Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Manti Te'o
Drafting Joeckel essentially means... Bar_left3%Drafting Joeckel essentially means... Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Star Lotulelei
Drafting Joeckel essentially means... Bar_left6%Drafting Joeckel essentially means... Bar_right
 6% [ 2 ]
Tyler Wilson
Drafting Joeckel essentially means... Bar_left12%Drafting Joeckel essentially means... Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Other
Drafting Joeckel essentially means... Bar_left9%Drafting Joeckel essentially means... Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 33
Latest topics
» Bones Stagione 7 Ita
Drafting Joeckel essentially means... EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 2:04 pm by 

» Paragon Partition Manager 12 10.1.19.15721 Personal
Drafting Joeckel essentially means... EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:20 pm by 

Drafting Joeckel essentially means... EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

Drafting Joeckel essentially means... EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

Drafting Joeckel essentially means... EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:18 pm by 

Advertisement

Drafting Joeckel essentially means...

Go down 
+3
KCJay
BigRatt
Touchdown Bowe
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

Drafting Joeckel essentially means... Empty
PostSubject: Drafting Joeckel essentially means...   Drafting Joeckel essentially means... EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 7:38 pm

Assuming we take Luke Joeckel first overall, and Branden Albert is traded for a 2nd round pick..that essentially means we just TRADED THE FIRST OVERALL PICK FOR ALEX SMITH. Think about it..

Our 2nd rounder + next years pick for Alex Smith.

Trade Albert for 2nd round pick + pick next year

Draft Joeckel to replace Albert at 1.

Is this not just absolutely mind baffling to you guys? Also if you wanna look at it this way were trading Branden Albert for Alex Smith.

What the flying fuck does Andy Reid see in this guy? Trading a top 7 LT for a QB i'd rank in the 20-32 range is just straight up robbery.

First time we've ever been given the first overall pick and were gonna use it to replace a solid starter at LT and make a MINOR upgrade at QB.

GO CHIEFS!
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Drafting Joeckel essentially means...   Drafting Joeckel essentially means... EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 9:43 pm

I hate it! The pundits are going to say that Joke is younger and will be cheaper. Albert probably still has 5 good years left in him. That is a long damn time in the NFL. I hope it's all a smokescreen!
Back to top Go down
KCJay
Pro
Pro
KCJay

PostSubject: Re: Drafting Joeckel essentially means...   Drafting Joeckel essentially means... EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 10:20 pm

BigRatt wrote:
I hate it! The pundits are going to say that Joke is younger and will be cheaper. Albert probably still has 5 good years left in him. That is a long damn time in the NFL. I hope it's all a smokescreen!

He has had back problems already..That is not good for a lengthy career..

..and guys, stop hating on Joeckel..The guy is the best OL in the draft..He is a prototypical LT and has great feet..

Fisher is more built to play the RT position..He is all power...IDK about you guys, but I would rather have the LT that has the better feet protecting Smith..

Johnson is a step below these 2...
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Drafting Joeckel essentially means...   Drafting Joeckel essentially means... EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 11:58 pm

KCJay wrote:
BigRatt wrote:

..and guys, stop hating on Joeckel..The guy is the best OL in the draft..He is a prototypical LT and has great feet..

Fisher is more built to play the RT position..He is all power...IDK about you guys, but I would rather have the LT that has the better feet protecting Smith..

Feet is all he has! He don't have any power in the run game. He even gets himself pushed into the QB more than one would like. Jason Smith once had great feet to.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

PostSubject: Re: Drafting Joeckel essentially means...   Drafting Joeckel essentially means... EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 2:46 am

KCJay wrote:
BigRatt wrote:

It also helps when you have one of the most mobile QBs in the nation..not to mention a Heisman winner at that. Alot of people say Joeckel is soft and gets beat against certain techniques.

Fisher is more of a nasty brawler. If we go this stupid route it seems were taking, Fisher better be the pick.

There is literally nothing special about Luke Joeckel. There are LTs like him in each and every draft. Hell Matt Kalil would be ranked higher than him if he were in this draft.

Last edited by Touchdown Bowe on Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

PostSubject: Re: Drafting Joeckel essentially means...   Drafting Joeckel essentially means... EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 2:54 am

Honestly do we know how bad Alberts back injury was? We dont. He claims it was nothing more than back spasms which isnt serious at all. If anything it was his own decision to sit out to avoid further injury/pain. And if he were seriously injured, would we even risk tagging him for nearly 10 mil? No. Not a chance.

What we have is unquestionably a top 7 LT in the league right now that this organization would rather trade for a cheaper player in the short term than pay this guy his due of money.

Its just infuriating to see us trade a young guy like Albert and use the FIRST OVERALL PICK of all picks to fill a hole that we literally just created.

Why not draft Geno to a cheap 5 year 23 mil contract, sign Albert long term, & keep our 2nd round pick?
Back to top Go down
KCJay
Pro
Pro
KCJay

PostSubject: Re: Drafting Joeckel essentially means...   Drafting Joeckel essentially means... EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 9:01 am

Because, obviously, the Reid/Dorsey squad see something they don't like in Albert...

We wanted an overhaul in the franchise, we got one, and people still complain when they want to make the team their own..

The problem I have is with people that don't give the players/coaches that are brought in a chance before passing judgment..
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Drafting Joeckel essentially means...   Drafting Joeckel essentially means... EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 11:10 am

KCJay wrote:
Because, obviously, the Reid/Dorsey squad see something they don't like in Albert...

We wanted an overhaul in the franchise, we got one, and people still complain when they want to make the team their own..

The problem I have is with people that don't give the players/coaches that are brought in a chance before passing judgment..

Look, you don't overhaul positions that don't need it! Out of all the positions on this team you pick LT to fuck with? How about QB, LB, S, CB, DE, etc. Those were the legit positions were attention was needed. I know exactly what Albert is dealing with b/c I have been there myself. He simply is dealing with spasms that are a result of minor tears from heavy squatting. It's nothing serious and they fully heal with a little rest. I have had it happen twice in my life and it takes about 3 to 4 days to recover. It does fucking suck though during that time because it's pretty hard to do anything but lay in bed. As long as it's a muscle problem only they are no big deal.

Last edited by BigRatt on Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Drafting Joeckel essentially means...   Drafting Joeckel essentially means... EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 12:42 pm

Joekel is NOT an upgrade over Albert, and Charles' production would take a big hit because of it. Albert is also very good at pass blocking too.
Back to top Go down
http://arrowheaddrive.com
redross006
Amateur
Amateur
redross006

PostSubject: Re: Drafting Joeckel essentially means...   Drafting Joeckel essentially means... EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 2:32 pm

BA's Back is still a concern to this regime... and of cource BA is going to say its nothing... he wants a huge fat assed contract... which is the 2nd reason why he is being shopped by this regime. I'm guessing that there is no chance that he signs long term unless thy make him one of the highest paid LT's in the NFL which you don't give to a guy who MAY have a back problem. So what the current regime is doing is probably working at getting BA signed to a more cap friendly # while shopping him in the case that he refuses to settle for less than what he deems he is worth. And its a smart move to get something for him while we can if we are sure that he is not going to settle for less than his current asking price. Otherwise he makes alot of $$$ this year and then next year he leaves and we get nothing in return. When you pay a player what THEY feel they are worth you end up with a situation like Baltimore had this year... they GROSSLY overpaid Flacco to an amount the he "felt he was worth" and after doing so had to butcher the rest of the team to make it under the cap.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

PostSubject: Re: Drafting Joeckel essentially means...   Drafting Joeckel essentially means... EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 7:38 pm

He was cleared by team doctors..and im sure those team doctors ran a very thorough examination on his back much like the Rams did with Jake Long prior to signing him. If there was any doubt at all, KC wouldnt even have tagged him for 9 mil. They wouldnt risk 9 mil on a guy who MAY have a back problem.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

PostSubject: Re: Drafting Joeckel essentially means...   Drafting Joeckel essentially means... EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 7:42 pm

KCJay wrote:

Alex Smith has had since 2005 to impress me. He's impressed me a measly 1 time against the Saints in that playoff game..thats it.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Drafting Joeckel essentially means...   Drafting Joeckel essentially means... EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 1:52 am

Talk like you're taking a LT, let Albert feel out his worth. Smokescreens.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

PostSubject: Re: Drafting Joeckel essentially means...   Drafting Joeckel essentially means... EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 3:29 am

Lets just hope so.
Back to top Go down
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro
chiefbravebull

PostSubject: Re: Drafting Joeckel essentially means...   Drafting Joeckel essentially means... EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 9:20 am

With Alberts back already having problems its hard to justify giving him a long term deal. Trade him for the best value, draft Joeckel. Joke will probably be an even better left tackle anyways. Get a second rounder for Albert and it will just be like we never even made a trade. It would be like we just let Albert walk in FA.
Back to top Go down
SylvesterMalone1978
All-Pro
All-Pro
SylvesterMalone1978

PostSubject: Re: Drafting Joeckel essentially means...   Drafting Joeckel essentially means... EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 1:32 pm

I'd rather have Fisher.
Back to top Go down
SylvesterMalone1978
All-Pro
All-Pro
SylvesterMalone1978

PostSubject: Re: Drafting Joeckel essentially means...   Drafting Joeckel essentially means... EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 1:33 pm

Who's contract expires next year? We could always just Tag and Trade Albert next year if we don't want him long term after a year trial for his back.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

PostSubject: Re: Drafting Joeckel essentially means...   Drafting Joeckel essentially means... EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 3:16 pm

I think Alberts back issue is completely overhyped. This isnt Jake Long were dealing with. Albert has been healthy a majority of his career. Yeah he's missed a game here and there but that happens.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Drafting Joeckel essentially means...   Drafting Joeckel essentially means... EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 11:24 pm

Albert has gotten better every year, the trend could easily continue. All players have injuries
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drafting Joeckel essentially means...   Drafting Joeckel essentially means... Empty

Back to top Go down

Drafting Joeckel essentially means...
Page 1 of 1