ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Latest images  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
Geno Smith
Report says Chiefs just traded for Alex Smith - Page 2 Bar_left45%Report says Chiefs just traded for Alex Smith - Page 2 Bar_right
 45% [ 15 ]
Luke Joekel
Report says Chiefs just traded for Alex Smith - Page 2 Bar_left12%Report says Chiefs just traded for Alex Smith - Page 2 Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Domontre Moore
Report says Chiefs just traded for Alex Smith - Page 2 Bar_left3%Report says Chiefs just traded for Alex Smith - Page 2 Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Jarvis Jones
Report says Chiefs just traded for Alex Smith - Page 2 Bar_left9%Report says Chiefs just traded for Alex Smith - Page 2 Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Manti Te'o
Report says Chiefs just traded for Alex Smith - Page 2 Bar_left3%Report says Chiefs just traded for Alex Smith - Page 2 Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Star Lotulelei
Report says Chiefs just traded for Alex Smith - Page 2 Bar_left6%Report says Chiefs just traded for Alex Smith - Page 2 Bar_right
 6% [ 2 ]
Tyler Wilson
Report says Chiefs just traded for Alex Smith - Page 2 Bar_left12%Report says Chiefs just traded for Alex Smith - Page 2 Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Other
Report says Chiefs just traded for Alex Smith - Page 2 Bar_left9%Report says Chiefs just traded for Alex Smith - Page 2 Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 33
Latest topics
» Bones Stagione 7 Ita
Report says Chiefs just traded for Alex Smith - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 2:04 pm by 

» Paragon Partition Manager 12 10.1.19.15721 Personal
Report says Chiefs just traded for Alex Smith - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:20 pm by 

Report says Chiefs just traded for Alex Smith - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

Report says Chiefs just traded for Alex Smith - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

Report says Chiefs just traded for Alex Smith - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:18 pm by 

Advertisement

Report says Chiefs just traded for Alex Smith

Go down 
+2
SylvesterMalone1978
BigRatt
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

Report says Chiefs just traded for Alex Smith - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Report says Chiefs just traded for Alex Smith   Report says Chiefs just traded for Alex Smith - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 1:27 pm

First topic message reminder :

Chiefs, 49ers agree to Alex Smith trade, according to report

By Joel Thorman on Feb 27, 9:02a 129

USA TODAY Sports

The Kansas City Chiefs and San Francisco 49ers hav agreed to a trade that will send Alex Smith from the San Francisco 49ers to the Chiefs.
The deal can not become official until March 12 when the new league year opens. The compensation on the deal is not yet known. Update: A report states the Chiefs are giving up TWO draft picks.

The Chiefs and 49ers have struck a deal sending Alex Smith to Kansas City, according to Jay Glazer.

Deal has been agreed upon between Chiefs and 49ers. Compensation unclear but I'm told again Chiefs have made a clear commitment to Smith.
— Jay Glazer (@JayGlazer) February 27, 2013

Wow is all I can say. At first glance, I don't know why the 49ers would shut the market down and do a deal this early. They can not make the trade official until March 12 when the new league year is here and the trading period is open.

The compensation on the deal is not yet known but rumors have been anywhere from a second round pick to a fifth round pick. The Chiefs could have an extra third round pick due to compensatory choices.

Just in: Chiefs giving up two draft picks?

Smith would be yet another former 49ers quarterback to join the Chiefs, following in the footsteps of Steve Bono, Joe Montana and Elvis Grbac.

Smith has two years left on his contract, which is set to pay him $7.5 million in 2013. There's also a $1 million bonus due on March 15, which is why many expect this trade to get done before that point.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

PostSubject: Re: Report says Chiefs just traded for Alex Smith   Report says Chiefs just traded for Alex Smith - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 12:46 am

OutlawChief wrote:
Ok we need to quite comparing Smith to Cassel. Smith helped is team reach the NFC Championship in 2011. And would have been SB if not for Kyle Williams fumbles. And Smith played very well in that playoff run. Cassel never even got close to that level. Cassel folded in 2010 in our playoff run. Hell Smith was playing well before he got hurt. But Colin just ran away with it after taking over. Did we give up to much? Time will tell. But Smith improves this team more than any other QB available. Is he a longterm answer? No! And have already read his contract will stand as is. Let him play a year and see what he does. Good pick up in my book.

Cassel also didnt have a top 5 defense and the weapons on offense Smith had. Why shouldnt Cassel and Smith be compared? They both bring the same exact bullshit play style to the table. Short dink and dunk passes. Alex has a better throwing motion and a slightly stronger arm..but thats it. We are getting the same exact bullshit we have all watched the last 4 seasons. I guarantee you that if we had made this trade in 09 instead of trading for Cassel every single Chiefs fan would be on suicide watch right now.

Were aware Reid has success with QBs. Were aware he'll probably get a decent job out of Alex Smith. Decent doesnt win shit nowadays though. Alex Smith cant win you games. If we can put a top ranked defense out there, which is what im betting the plan will be, and surround Smith with another WR or two, he'll have us hovering around the playoffs. Realistically, we could have a 2010 season..then get absolutely rocked in the playoffs. Thats what this franchise thrives on. Mediocrity. If we make the playoffs its a successful season and thats what the fans pissed off about this trade are mad about. We want playoff wins, not just appearances.
Back to top Go down
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro
OutlawChief

PostSubject: Re: Report says Chiefs just traded for Alex Smith   Report says Chiefs just traded for Alex Smith - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 4:56 pm

I agree we want playoff wins. And not just an appearance. Just saying go back and look how Smith played in the 2011 playoff run. And tell me he didnt play his ass off. I remember watching those games with my brother who is a Niner fan. And coming away impressed. If Reid can push him farther than Harbaugh and get Smith to play that way all the time. Well we are going to win some games. Just saying why try to run a guy outta town before he shows what he has in Reids Offense. If he fails of he messed up big. We all have to remember Cassel is going to be cut. And we are still going to add another QB to this team. I look for him to come in the draft. Will it be Geno #1. I doubt it, would love it. But doubt it. I see us trading back into 2 somewhere and taking another QB.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Report says Chiefs just traded for Alex Smith   Report says Chiefs just traded for Alex Smith - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Report says Chiefs just traded for Alex Smith
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2