ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Latest images  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
Geno Smith
***Official Pioli Fire, Reid Hired Thread*** - Page 3 Bar_left45%***Official Pioli Fire, Reid Hired Thread*** - Page 3 Bar_right
 45% [ 15 ]
Luke Joekel
***Official Pioli Fire, Reid Hired Thread*** - Page 3 Bar_left12%***Official Pioli Fire, Reid Hired Thread*** - Page 3 Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Domontre Moore
***Official Pioli Fire, Reid Hired Thread*** - Page 3 Bar_left3%***Official Pioli Fire, Reid Hired Thread*** - Page 3 Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Jarvis Jones
***Official Pioli Fire, Reid Hired Thread*** - Page 3 Bar_left9%***Official Pioli Fire, Reid Hired Thread*** - Page 3 Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Manti Te'o
***Official Pioli Fire, Reid Hired Thread*** - Page 3 Bar_left3%***Official Pioli Fire, Reid Hired Thread*** - Page 3 Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Star Lotulelei
***Official Pioli Fire, Reid Hired Thread*** - Page 3 Bar_left6%***Official Pioli Fire, Reid Hired Thread*** - Page 3 Bar_right
 6% [ 2 ]
Tyler Wilson
***Official Pioli Fire, Reid Hired Thread*** - Page 3 Bar_left12%***Official Pioli Fire, Reid Hired Thread*** - Page 3 Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Other
***Official Pioli Fire, Reid Hired Thread*** - Page 3 Bar_left9%***Official Pioli Fire, Reid Hired Thread*** - Page 3 Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 33
Latest topics
» Bones Stagione 7 Ita
***Official Pioli Fire, Reid Hired Thread*** - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 2:04 pm by 

» Paragon Partition Manager 12 10.1.19.15721 Personal
***Official Pioli Fire, Reid Hired Thread*** - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:20 pm by 

***Official Pioli Fire, Reid Hired Thread*** - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

***Official Pioli Fire, Reid Hired Thread*** - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

***Official Pioli Fire, Reid Hired Thread*** - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:18 pm by 

Advertisement

***Official Pioli Fire, Reid Hired Thread***

Go down 
+5
OutlawChief
RustShack
Touchdown Bowe
KCJay
SylvesterMalone1978
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
SylvesterMalone1978
All-Pro
All-Pro
SylvesterMalone1978

***Official Pioli Fire, Reid Hired Thread*** - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: ***Official Pioli Fire, Reid Hired Thread***   ***Official Pioli Fire, Reid Hired Thread*** - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 3:14 pm

First topic message reminder :

Ding dong the which is dead! Hope is restored and Hunt is the opposite of cheap!
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
SylvesterMalone1978
All-Pro
All-Pro
SylvesterMalone1978

PostSubject: Re: ***Official Pioli Fire, Reid Hired Thread***   ***Official Pioli Fire, Reid Hired Thread*** - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 11:10 pm

Albert is far more valuable to this team than Carr.
Back to top Go down
redross006
Amateur
Amateur
redross006

PostSubject: Re: ***Official Pioli Fire, Reid Hired Thread***   ***Official Pioli Fire, Reid Hired Thread*** - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 11:44 pm

But why pay all that $$$ to a LT who missed games due to a back injury. Those types of injuries rarely go away completely and tend to linger throughout a OL career. And like Andy Reid said... why force a QB at # 1 if he is not good enough to go that high. Trade down or go in another direction. No point in wasting the first overall pick on a iffy QB and setting yor organization back another few years.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: ***Official Pioli Fire, Reid Hired Thread***   ***Official Pioli Fire, Reid Hired Thread*** - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 12:10 am

Reid wanted Albert coming out of college. Injures happen every year. Albert also loves KC, you just gotta hope he's willing to settle for a decent contract with Reid, or Bowe is. If injury is that big of a concern tag him and do everything you can to lock up Bowe.

The talent and accuracy is there with Geno, and Reid is one of the best in the buisness to get the production out of him. He's a better prospect than McNabb was.
Back to top Go down
http://arrowheaddrive.com
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: ***Official Pioli Fire, Reid Hired Thread***   ***Official Pioli Fire, Reid Hired Thread*** - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 1:10 am

redross006 wrote:
But why pay all that $$$ to a LT who missed games due to a back injury. Those types of injuries rarely go away completely and tend to linger throughout a OL career. And like Andy Reid said... why force a QB at # 1 if he is not good enough to go that high. Trade down or go in another direction. No point in wasting the first overall pick on a iffy QB and setting yor organization back another few years.

Reid's not going to going to come out and say what he's doing in April on his 1st presser.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: ***Official Pioli Fire, Reid Hired Thread***   ***Official Pioli Fire, Reid Hired Thread*** - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 1:11 am

RustShack wrote:
Reid wanted Albert coming out of college. Injures happen every year. Albert also loves KC, you just gotta hope he's willing to settle for a decent contract with Reid, or Bowe is. If injury is that big of a concern tag him and do everything you can to lock up Bowe.

The talent and accuracy is there with Geno, and Reid is one of the best in the buisness to get the production out of him. He's a better prospect than McNabb was.

I agree with you here!
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

PostSubject: Re: ***Official Pioli Fire, Reid Hired Thread***   ***Official Pioli Fire, Reid Hired Thread*** - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 1:34 am

Chiefs09 wrote:
1) Luke Joeckel OT/Texas A&M- This is the safe pick in the draft. Joeckel has great size at 6’6, 310 pounds, but it’s his athleticism that allows him to be a dominant left tackle. The team that selects him could feel confident about the left tackle spot for the next 10-15 years.

Aaron Curry was the safe pick too wasnt he? No such thing as a safe pick in the draft. None.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

PostSubject: Re: ***Official Pioli Fire, Reid Hired Thread***   ***Official Pioli Fire, Reid Hired Thread*** - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 1:48 am

Albert isnt going to be demanding an outrageous contract. Bowe possibly, but not Albert.

Taking a LT and letting Albert walk is essentially blowing away the first pick. I dont give a fuck if he's a "safe pick" or a "top tier" LT. LTs dont win football games. Go ask Cleveland and Miami. Im sure Miami is damn glad they took injury stricken Jake Long over constantly playoff bound Matt Ryan huh.

I dont understand whats so bad about taking a damn gamble. Every fucking pick we make is a gamble. There is no such thing as a safe pick. We havent drafted a god damn QB in the first since Todd fucking Blackledge. Nobody has any balls to do anything that could make this team jump to that next level. Fans always want to go with the "safe pick"..thats bullshit. Take a fucking gamble at the most important position on the god damn team. If it doesnt work out then fuck it. Try again. If it does work out, youre set at the most important position for a good 10 years or so.

Quarterback is literally the only position worth reaching for in the draft thats acceptable. They literally make or break your season. Were Chiefs fans. We know this. Stop being scared of being "set back" or listening to the media bullshit about there not being a top QB in this class. No shit theres no Andrew Luck or RGIII..but theres 2 QBs who can have offenses built around and thats Geno and Wilson. There is absolutely no fucking reason whatsoever why we should take a LT over Geno or possibly Tyler Wilson. NONE.

Had Geno Smith had a top tier defense instead of one of the worst in the country, Geno would be the unanimous top pick right now. Unquestionably. Geno and Wilson were in shit situations this last season and still put up amazing numbers.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: ***Official Pioli Fire, Reid Hired Thread***   ***Official Pioli Fire, Reid Hired Thread*** - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 1:54 am

44 Td's and 6 Int's in the second best conference isn't good! Qb's put those numbers up all the time!
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

PostSubject: Re: ***Official Pioli Fire, Reid Hired Thread***   ***Official Pioli Fire, Reid Hired Thread*** - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 2:06 am

I just dont get some of these people.

Geno put up numbers just as good, even better in some categories than RGIII.

RGIII came out of a system built to use his strengths, just as Geno did.

RGIII had a 1st round pick he was throwing to in Kendall Wright, just as Geno likely has with Tavon Austin.

Nobody fucking knocked RGIII for his system but Geno gets called out on his? What the fuck is that shit?

Even Tyler Wilson, who I'd say is the second coming of Brett Favre, put up good numbers on an absolutely awful team. No coaching. No talent. Just Wilson, and he produced.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

PostSubject: Re: ***Official Pioli Fire, Reid Hired Thread***   ***Official Pioli Fire, Reid Hired Thread*** - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 2:15 am

I honestly think it comes down to this fucking fanbase being too fucking scared to take a gamble on a QB. Were too fucking afraid of drafting a bust and being set back a couple years.

After going through this "lets trade for a teams backup and give him the starting gig" I figured there'd be alot more people for drafting a new guy to build around, but theres no Luck or RGIII in this draft. Well guess fucking what, there was no Luck or RGIII in 2011..or 2010..or 2009..but in those years a QB was taken #1. Why? Because those teams needed a fucking QB thats why.

Whats everybodys fucking solution to our QB situation if it isnt draft Geno or Wilson? Take Glennon in the 2nd? Pick up Alex Smith? Those are only 2 realistic options. Well guess fucking what guys. Glennon isnt going to amount to shit. The fact that Mel fucking Kiper thinks Glennon is the best QB in this draft should tell you that. Alex Smith wont amount to shit outside of San Fran either. John Harbaugh made him good. Guess what guys, he's still nothing more than a game manager. Lets settle for more mediocre bullshit 8-8 seasons. If thats what you guys are happy with then so fucking be it, but im not. Im ready to see this team go all in on developing its own QB and taking that gamble on getting to the super bowl.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: ***Official Pioli Fire, Reid Hired Thread***   ***Official Pioli Fire, Reid Hired Thread*** - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 2:19 am

Get on my FB status!
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: ***Official Pioli Fire, Reid Hired Thread***   ***Official Pioli Fire, Reid Hired Thread*** - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 8:29 am

RustShack wrote:
44 Td's and 6 Int's in the second best conference isn't good! Qb's put those numbers up all the time!
klingsbury put up great numbers too. Where is he now?
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: ***Official Pioli Fire, Reid Hired Thread***   ***Official Pioli Fire, Reid Hired Thread*** - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 8:30 am

Now if Mcaron comes out he might be worth a shot.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: ***Official Pioli Fire, Reid Hired Thread***   ***Official Pioli Fire, Reid Hired Thread*** - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 1:15 am

Touchdown Bowe wrote:

RGIII had a 1st round pick he was throwing to in Kendall Wright, just as Geno likely has with Tavon Austin.

Nobody fucking knocked RGIII for his system but Geno gets called out on his? What the fuck is that shit?

Even Tyler Wilson, who I'd say is the second coming of Brett Favre, put up good numbers on an absolutely awful team. No coaching. No talent. Just Wilson, and he produced.

When it comes to Geno people are pissed off that he didn't throw the ball down the field as much as RG3. I've seen Geno launch fucking deep balls into double coverage and the throws were perfect. The fact is they played in the same conference and the same type of offense as far as that goes. I have seen some scouting reports that say some of his skills are more polished than RG3. The one skill that's not is throwing down the field. I might be wrong, but I don't get how you can not draft Geno when you need a QB!
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: ***Official Pioli Fire, Reid Hired Thread***   ***Official Pioli Fire, Reid Hired Thread*** - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 1:17 am

Touchdown Bowe wrote:

I used to be one of those people! Now I just don't give a shit. It's get a fucking QB or bust for me!
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

PostSubject: Re: ***Official Pioli Fire, Reid Hired Thread***   ***Official Pioli Fire, Reid Hired Thread*** - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 2:47 am

Chiefs09 wrote:
Now if Mcaron comes out he might be worth a shot.

Now thats laughable.
Back to top Go down
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro
OutlawChief

PostSubject: Re: ***Official Pioli Fire, Reid Hired Thread***   ***Official Pioli Fire, Reid Hired Thread*** - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 2:27 pm

BigRatt wrote:
Touchdown Bowe wrote:

I used to be one of those people! Now I just don't give a shit. It's get a fucking QB or bust for me!

Here! Here!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ***Official Pioli Fire, Reid Hired Thread***   ***Official Pioli Fire, Reid Hired Thread*** - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

***Official Pioli Fire, Reid Hired Thread***
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ARROWHEAD DRIVE :: The Lounge-
Jump to: