ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Latest images  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
Geno Smith
Javon Belcher Commits Suicide.. - Page 2 Bar_left45%Javon Belcher Commits Suicide.. - Page 2 Bar_right
 45% [ 15 ]
Luke Joekel
Javon Belcher Commits Suicide.. - Page 2 Bar_left12%Javon Belcher Commits Suicide.. - Page 2 Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Domontre Moore
Javon Belcher Commits Suicide.. - Page 2 Bar_left3%Javon Belcher Commits Suicide.. - Page 2 Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Jarvis Jones
Javon Belcher Commits Suicide.. - Page 2 Bar_left9%Javon Belcher Commits Suicide.. - Page 2 Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Manti Te'o
Javon Belcher Commits Suicide.. - Page 2 Bar_left3%Javon Belcher Commits Suicide.. - Page 2 Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Star Lotulelei
Javon Belcher Commits Suicide.. - Page 2 Bar_left6%Javon Belcher Commits Suicide.. - Page 2 Bar_right
 6% [ 2 ]
Tyler Wilson
Javon Belcher Commits Suicide.. - Page 2 Bar_left12%Javon Belcher Commits Suicide.. - Page 2 Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Other
Javon Belcher Commits Suicide.. - Page 2 Bar_left9%Javon Belcher Commits Suicide.. - Page 2 Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 33
Latest topics
» Bones Stagione 7 Ita
Javon Belcher Commits Suicide.. - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 2:04 pm by 

» Paragon Partition Manager 12 10.1.19.15721 Personal
Javon Belcher Commits Suicide.. - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:20 pm by 

Javon Belcher Commits Suicide.. - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

Javon Belcher Commits Suicide.. - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

Javon Belcher Commits Suicide.. - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:18 pm by 

Advertisement

Javon Belcher Commits Suicide..

Go down 
+4
BigRatt
Chiefs09
OutlawChief
KCJay
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
KCJay
Pro
Pro
KCJay

Javon Belcher Commits Suicide.. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Javon Belcher Commits Suicide..   Javon Belcher Commits Suicide.. - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 12:09 pm

First topic message reminder :

WTF???

http://www.therightsphere.com/2012/12/kansas-city-chiefs-player-among-two-shot-at-team-facility/
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
redross006
Amateur
Amateur
redross006

PostSubject: Re: Javon Belcher Commits Suicide..   Javon Belcher Commits Suicide.. - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 11:49 am

Chiefs09 wrote:
redross006 wrote:
Chiefs09 wrote:
Not sure how KC can keep this game close seeing how our defense just lost its killer instinct

You and I agree on most things, but after that comment it is clear that you are just a fucking prick. There's no place on this forum for that kind of comment so why don't you do us all a favor and excuse yourself from this forum. Or if this is the type of chatter that is accepted on this forum I will be the one to excuse myself. You have clearly crossed the line into indecency with this comment. Completely tasteless and classless.
I personally think murdering your girlfriend is tasteless. And keeping from calling Belcher a murderer because we dont know what he was thinking is tasteless. we dont know what anymurderer is thonking when he commits his crime. Not sure how what he was thinking might make him not a murderer. What is classless is people saying Belcher was a good guy. Good guys dont shoot women multiple times

Prior to this tragedy Belcher WAS a good guy... and no one is condoning his acts. You are correct he did murder his gf which makes him a murderer. I am fine with you voicing you opinion on the tragedy but keep the tastelss jokes to yourself because no one here finds it funny. There is no room for jokes a mere 24hrs. after the tragic events of yesterday.
Back to top Go down
redross006
Amateur
Amateur
redross006

PostSubject: Re: Javon Belcher Commits Suicide..   Javon Belcher Commits Suicide.. - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 11:54 am

Chiefs09 wrote:
And Rust can remove me if he chooses to do so it wont hurt my feelings one bit. there are like 7 people that post on here.

If the amount of people who post on this forum is to "small" then find another one. But I'm sure any other forum would find your juvenile jokes tasteless also.
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Javon Belcher Commits Suicide..   Javon Belcher Commits Suicide.. - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 11:56 am

Im here til Im booted just to listen to you. Again Belcher was the classless one whrn he decided to become a killer and make no mistake that is exactly what he was
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Javon Belcher Commits Suicide..   Javon Belcher Commits Suicide.. - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 11:57 am

Good guys dont turn murderer.
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Javon Belcher Commits Suicide..   Javon Belcher Commits Suicide.. - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 11:59 am

Murder is done by people filled with evil
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Javon Belcher Commits Suicide..   Javon Belcher Commits Suicide.. - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 12:03 pm

You old enouh to remember the shuttle Challenger? I watched it explode in person.
Need
Another
Seven
Astronauts
came out hours after the horrific event along with plenty more. Yes some were on their holier than thouh horse like you but it happens.
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Javon Belcher Commits Suicide..   Javon Belcher Commits Suicide.. - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 12:11 pm

But you wont hear me joke about the woman. What that POS did to her was truly sad. What he did to himself was justice. But also the cowardly way out. I hope there truly is a hell and he is burning in it for eternity
Back to top Go down
KCJay
Pro
Pro
KCJay

PostSubject: Re: Javon Belcher Commits Suicide..   Javon Belcher Commits Suicide.. - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 12:17 pm

We read your opinion on the subject numerous times, dude...Still, there is no room for tasteless comments...Belcher did something heinous, but the tasteless comments made about the whole situation is a little low...Remember, there was an innocent life taken and an infant is now without either of her parents...No need for jokes....
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Javon Belcher Commits Suicide..   Javon Belcher Commits Suicide.. - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 12:29 pm

KCJay wrote:
We read your opinion on the subject numerous times, dude...Still, there is no room for tasteless comments...Belcher did something heinous, but the tasteless comments made about the whole situation is a little low...Remember, there was an innocent life taken and an infant is now without either of her parents...No need for jokes....
like I said it is very sad what happened to the woman and her family. But I dont feel one bit sad for that POS Belcher. He took the cowardly way out out and deserved a much slower and painful way out though I am glad tax dollars wont be wasted now
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Javon Belcher Commits Suicide..   Javon Belcher Commits Suicide.. - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 12:32 pm

And if you want to get to talking about how we dont know what was going on in his head how do we know the embarassment of this team wasnt a small factor in what helped drive him nuts?
Back to top Go down
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro
OutlawChief

PostSubject: Re: Javon Belcher Commits Suicide..   Javon Belcher Commits Suicide.. - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 1:32 pm

No one is asking anyone to feel sorry for Belcher. His family the victims and her family and their child. That's who we fill sorry for. Just saying something snapped in Belcher head and wasn't in his right mind. Yes he is a murderer we all agree. It s the tasteless jokes there is no room for in this forum or anywhere for that matter. Speak your mind. But show respect to the situation and the people involved. And keep the football siitsde out of it. Its least important of everything.
Back to top Go down
redross006
Amateur
Amateur
redross006

PostSubject: Re: Javon Belcher Commits Suicide..   Javon Belcher Commits Suicide.. - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 1:49 pm

OutlawChief wrote:
No one is asking anyone to feel sorry for Belcher. His family the victims and her family and their child. That's who we fill sorry for. Just saying something snapped in Belcher head and wasn't in his right mind. Yes he is a murderer we all agree. It s the tasteless jokes there is no room for in this forum or anywhere for that matter. Speak your mind. But show respect to the situation and the people involved. And keep the football siitsde out of it. Its least important of everything.
well said.
Back to top Go down
SylvesterMalone1978
All-Pro
All-Pro
SylvesterMalone1978

PostSubject: Re: Javon Belcher Commits Suicide..   Javon Belcher Commits Suicide.. - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 2:34 pm

Clark was ready to cancel the game but the players wanted to play. Crazy what happened, Belcher never seemed like a bad guy at all.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Javon Belcher Commits Suicide..   Javon Belcher Commits Suicide.. - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 2:48 pm

Wild. Killing your girlfriend infront of your mother, and probably infront of their baby too. Then driving to Arrowhead to thank Pioli and Crennel for everything they've done for him... and killing himself right infront of them. Really makes you wonder what happened for him to do that to her... Probably only did it to himself because it was too late for him now.. his life was over either way.

Awful for the baby though. Brady Quinn said the players are setting up a fund for her. Hopefully Belcher had a good amount saved up too for her to inherit... don't know how that works for someone so young. Just an awful situation.
Back to top Go down
http://arrowheaddrive.com
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Javon Belcher Commits Suicide..   Javon Belcher Commits Suicide.. - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 11:18 pm

Chiefs09 wrote:
I dont give a shit what the circumstances were. Can you name a circumstance where Belcher had the right to shoot the mother of his child multiple times? Dude is a POS murderer and I'm glad he took the cowardly way out by killing himself afterward so my tax dollars dont have to pay for this MFPOS to live his life in prison. Had he not killied himself and just killed the woman everyone would be all over this dude. But because he kills himself there must be some circumstance that gave him good reason to do what he did to his woman. So no I wont shut my face when it comes to a POS murdering motherfucker. Glad the SOB is dead. At least now he wont be able to shoot another woman multiple times down the road because she upset him.

Thats not what I was talking about shitbird! I was talking about the fact that you said Belcher did this because of management. That's just tasteless! Those guys sat there and watched him pull that trigger and now have to live with that. The fact is, Belcher drove to arrowhead to thank these guys for giving him his opportunity. I'm not defending Belchers actions in any way. What he did was outright wrong!
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

PostSubject: Re: Javon Belcher Commits Suicide..   Javon Belcher Commits Suicide.. - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 2:06 am

I dont think Jovan is a monster. The actions he took that morning were actions no normal human being would make. He had to have been mentally messed up in serious ways. Why he decided to take his girlfriends life as well we will probably never know. Its sickening that his little girl is gonna grow up without knowing her parents.

No sane human kills their partner right in front of their own mother before driving to your job and killing yourself right in front of your bosses/friends. He needed serious help and nobody knew until it was too late. Alot of people knew Jovan as a good guy. He had never had any history of abuse or anything of that nature.

Jovan was probably one of my favorite Chiefs and I was pretty upset when I heard the news. He was one of those undrafted underdogs you cant help but root for and he made his way up the ranks.
Back to top Go down
SylvesterMalone1978
All-Pro
All-Pro
SylvesterMalone1978

PostSubject: Re: Javon Belcher Commits Suicide..   Javon Belcher Commits Suicide.. - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 2:09 pm

Chiefs linebacker Belcher struggled with head injuries, alcohol and painkillers before he snapped and killed girlfriend: report

ansas City Chiefs linebacker and former Long Island high-school star Jovan Belcher was allegedly battling football-related head injuries and booze, painkiller and domestic problems when he snapped and murdered his girlfriend before killing himself in front of two coaches Saturday.

A pal of Belcher’s told the Web site Deadspin.com that Kasandra Perkins, the mother of Belcher’s 3-month-old daughter, had threatened to leave him for good amid fighting between the pair.

The couple had only recently reconciled after Perkins left their rented house in Kansas City with the baby at one point to stay with friends. Perkins had returned, but friends said the relationship was still volatile.

Kansas City Chiefs running back Jovan Belcher (right) battled
head injuries, drugs and alcohol before he snapped
and killed his girlfriend Michele Perkins (left), friends said.

BELCHER'S MOM WILL RAISE ORPHANED BABY ON LI FOLLOWING TRAGEDY

It didn’t help that he was drinking every day and taking painkillers while dealing with the effects of debilitating head injuries, the friend said.

Chiefs chairman Clark Hunt said today that Belcher was "a player who had not had a long concussion history.’’

Belcher, 25, and Perkins, 22, had argued for the last time when she returned home late from a concert Saturday morning. But the Belcher friend said the concert was only a “tipping point.”

“This was the result of a long-term conflict,” the pal said. “She made it clear that she was leaving and would contact a lawyer’’ to fight for custody and child support.

Cops today revealed that Belcher shot Perkins nine times before committing suicide with a different gun. His mother witnessed the slaying; she had been in town to help Perkins with the new baby, sources have said.

Belcher’s mother, Cheryl Shepherd, will now take custody of the couple’s infant daughter and plans to return with the child to the family’s West Babylon home, where her troubled son grew up, his relatives said.

The kin said the baby was in another room when Belcher snapped and unloaded on Perkins.

“[Shepherd’s] taking it as anyone else would've taken it,” said Belcher’s cousin, Eric Oakes, 20, who lives in the mom’s renovated house where Belcher grew up. “She just lost a son. We're all coming together.”

Oakes, wearing a game-warn Chief’s jersey with Belcher’s number 59 on it, said his cousin was his role model.

"[He's] always trying to steer me right. That's the only person I wanted to be like. A role model, basically my father. He's the person who made me play football,” said Oakes, who played running back for West Babylon HS.

In Kansas City, relatives trickled in an out of the home that had become a murder scene.

“I think she was home alone a lot,” said Kristen Van Meter, 31, a neighbor who went to community college with the victim. “He was kind of quiet. he would come and go.”

When he was there, she said, there were lots of parties.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/g...Wl3vKf4Jasj5EP
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Javon Belcher Commits Suicide..   Javon Belcher Commits Suicide.. - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 8:47 pm

BigRatt wrote:
Chiefs09 wrote:
I dont give a shit what the circumstances were. Can you name a circumstance where Belcher had the right to shoot the mother of his child multiple times? Dude is a POS murderer and I'm glad he took the cowardly way out by killing himself afterward so my tax dollars dont have to pay for this MFPOS to live his life in prison. Had he not killied himself and just killed the woman everyone would be all over this dude. But because he kills himself there must be some circumstance that gave him good reason to do what he did to his woman. So no I wont shut my face when it comes to a POS murdering motherfucker. Glad the SOB is dead. At least now he wont be able to shoot another woman multiple times down the road because she upset him.

Thats not what I was talking about shitbird! I was talking about the fact that you said Belcher did this because of management. That's just tasteless! Those guys sat there and watched him pull that trigger and now have to live with that. The fact is, Belcher drove to arrowhead to thank these guys for giving him his opportunity. I'm not defending Belchers actions in any way. What he did was outright wrong!

Where did I say it was done because of management? I said it was another terrible thing that happened under Piolis watch. Bush didnt do 9/11 but it happened under his watch. just a fact. Then I did say (since you guys were talking about nobody knowing what was going on in his head) how do we know that the embarasment of this team wasnt a small part of what helped him to snap. Do you know for an absolute fact it wasnt a small factor? Seems to me life on and off the field seemd to suck for him at the time. I dont think it was a factor myself but I dont know for fact it wasnt.
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Javon Belcher Commits Suicide..   Javon Belcher Commits Suicide.. - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 8:51 pm

Actually Id better go back and double check. I was putting away some bourbon during some of this.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Javon Belcher Commits Suicide..   Javon Belcher Commits Suicide.. - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 1:41 am

Chiefs09 wrote:
BigRatt wrote:
Chiefs09 wrote:

Where did I say it was done because of management? I said it was another terrible thing that happened under Piolis watch. Bush didnt do 9/11 but it happened under his watch. just a fact. Then I did say (since you guys were talking about nobody knowing what was going on in his head) how do we know that the embarasment of this team wasnt a small part of what helped him to snap. Do you know for an absolute fact it wasnt a small factor? Seems to me life on and off the field seemd to suck for him at the time. I dont think it was a factor myself but I dont know for fact it wasnt.

Here is what you said. "and now you can add murderer to the list of crap under Piolis watch." Kind of struck me in the fashion like you believe Pioli is at fault. I can guarantee you that football matters had nothing to do with this.

1. If he was pissed of about football matters, he would've capped Pioli or Crennel and maybe both.
2. He drove to tell the people that gave him a shot to be starter in the NFL "thank you."
3. He's making shit loads of money. Doesn't make any sense that he would to go that length over football issues.

Turns out he was having headache's and concussion issues. Article said he was on prescription drugs for these issues. Junior Seau had the same kind of issues.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Javon Belcher Commits Suicide..   Javon Belcher Commits Suicide.. - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 10:46 am

Exclusive: Police reports detail last hours for Belcher and Perkins
After killing his girlfriend, Belcher apologizes, kisses her forehead
By CHRISTINE VENDEL

Seconds after fatally shooting his longtime girlfriend, Kansas City Chiefs linebacker Jovan Belcher leaned over her in their master bathroom, said he was sorry and kissed her on the forehead.

His mother, who heard gunfire as she stood in the kitchen, rushed to her son’s bedroom and watched his remorseful goodbye.

Belcher apologized to his mother, kissed his 3-month-old daughter and fled his rented home in the 5400 block of Crysler Avenue in his Bentley.

The Star learned those details and others from multiple police sources Monday as officers continued their investigation into why Belcher, 25, killed his live-in girlfriend, Kasandra Perkins, 22, on Saturday morning. Arguments over relationship and financial issues had simmered for months between them, according to the sources.

Belcher’s mother, who came from New York to live with her son so the couple could work through their issues, didn’t hear much of the argument. But just before 8 a.m., she heard her son say something to the effect of: “You can’t talk to me like that!”

Then she heard gunfire.

Afterward, Belcher drove to the only place he felt safe — to his other family at Arrowhead Stadium, police said.

As he covered the five miles from his home to the stadium, his violent act weighed on him, police believe.

“He probably realized he had done something and he couldn’t go back,” said Police Sgt. Richard Sharp.

In the parking lot of the practice facility at 1 Arrowhead Drive, Belcher encountered Chiefs General Manager Scott Pioli. Belcher stepped out of his Bentley with a gun pointed at his own head, police said.

“I did it,” he said, according to police. “I killed her.”

Club officials knew about the couple’s problems. The Chiefs had provided counseling and “were bending over backward” to help, Sharp said.

But Belcher told Pioli that the assistance wasn’t enough to fix their problems and now, “It was too late.”

When another Chiefs employee arrived, Pioli told him to stay back. Meanwhile Pioli tried to persuade Belcher to lay down the weapon, Sharp said.

Belcher thanked Pioli for everything he had done for him. He asked if he and Clark Hunt would take care of his daughter.

Chiefs Head Coach Romeo Crennel and linebackers coach Gary Gibbs arrived in the parking lot and Belcher reportedly announced, “Guys, I have to do this.”

Crennel tried to dissuade him.

“I was trying to get him to understand that life is not over,” Crennel told The Star. “He still has a chance and let’s get this worked out.’’

As Pioli and Crennel tried to reason with Belcher, the men heard police sirens closing in. Belcher then walked a few steps away with the gun still pointed at his head.

“I got to go,” Belcher reportedly said. “I can’t be here.”

Belcher knelt behind a vehicle and made the sign of the cross across his chest before firing a single bullet into his head.

Kansas City police believe Belcher killed himself because he was distraught over what he had done to Perkins.

“He cared about her,” Sharp said. “I don’t think he could live with himself.”

The night before the killings, Perkins had attended a concert downtown with friends, and Belcher had “partied” at the Power and Light District, police said. It was unclear when they arrived home, where Belcher’s mother was watching their baby. A woman who answered Belcher’s mother’s cell phone Monday declined to comment.

Detectives don’t know what specifically sparked the argument between the couple at home, but a friend of Perkins told The Star that the couple argued around 1 a.m. Saturday when Perkins returned home from the Trey Songz concert and drinks with friends afterward. Belcher was mad she had stayed out so late, the friend said.

Sometime later, Kansas City police talked with Belcher after finding him asleep in his Bentley on Armour Boulevard. Officers determined he was able to drive himself home. Police believe he arrived home about 7 a.m., well before a 9:30 team meeting. That’s when the yelling began.

Police said youth, immaturity and financial pressures served as a backdrop. During his college years, Belcher allegedly punched a dormitory window because he was upset over a woman.

Autopsies with toxicology tests were performed on both bodies, but results will take weeks, police said. Investigators believe alcohol may have played a role in the argument’s escalation.

Police recovered several legally owned guns from Belcher’s home. Investigators were testing each one, and the gun found with Belcher’s body, against shell casings and bullets they recovered.

Police spokesman Darin Snapp said Monday that Belcher’s mother, who had been staying with the couple, was given temporary custody of the couple’s daughter. But he said it was unclear if the grandmother and baby were still in the Kansas City area.

Perkins, who grew up in Texas, met Belcher, who grew up in New York, through a cousin, Whitney Golden Charles, the wife of Chiefs running back Jamaal Charles. Perkins moved to Kansas City in 2010 to be with Belcher. Her relatives learned of her death from the news, police said. A woman who answered the phone at a relative’s home Monday declined to comment.

Monday afternoon, the family issued a statement that spelled Perkins’ first name with a double s, though she spelled it with one on her Facebook page:

“On behalf of the Perkins Family, we appreciate the outpouring of love and concern for our Kassandra ‘Kasi’ Perkins. Our hearts are truly broken for Kasi was a beloved daughter, granddaughter, sister, mother, cousin and friend.…

“Please keep us in your hearts and prayers as well as the Belcher family for two lives were loss. Again we thank you for your support, our wish is for Kasi to be remembered for the love she shared with us all. Kasi will be truly missed!”

Jamaal Charles also released a statement: “Our family has suffered a personal tragic loss.… As this is a very tough time for our family, I ask that we are respected as we grieve. Kassandra was not only family, but a friend and a loving mother. As my actual family and my Kansas City Chiefs family have been altered forever, we ask that you keep us and most importantly their child in prayer. Thank you all for your continued support.”

Later Monday, Belcher’s somber relatives provided statements outside of Belcher’s boyhood home in New York. Yamiesse Lawrence, a cousin of Belcher’s, said the weekend’s events were an “inconceivable tragedy.”

“As a family, no words can express the sorrow we feel over the loss of Jovan and Kasandra,” Lawrence read aloud.

The Star’s Randy Covitz and Adam Teicher and The Associated Press contributed to this report. To reach Christine Vendel, call 816-234-4438 or send email to cvendel@kcstar.com.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Javon Belcher Commits Suicide..   Javon Belcher Commits Suicide.. - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 10:50 am

Wow! They had been fighting for months about financial issues and Belcher is driving around in a Bentley. He was trying to live the big lifestyle before getting the big contract. But to kiss your dead girlfriend after shooting her is really disturbing!
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

PostSubject: Re: Javon Belcher Commits Suicide..   Javon Belcher Commits Suicide.. - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 2:45 pm

Quote :

Friend of Jovan Belcher Reveals How His Relationship, Alcohol and Painkillers Played a Role in Yesterday's Murder-Suicide

By Jose Martinez | Dec 2, 2012 | 6:50 pm | Permalink

Friend of Jovan Belcher Reveals How His Relationship, Alcohol and Painkillers Played a Role in Yesterday's Murder-Suicide

It will probably always be a mystery as to what led the Chiefs' Jovan Belcher to kill his girlfriend, Kasandra Perkins, and himself on that fateful Saturday morning. However, one day removed from the wild events, a friend of Belcher's reached out to Deadspin in an effort to shed some light on the still confusing situation.

According to Belcher's friend, the linebacker "was dazed and suffering from short-term memory loss" after taking a few hits to the head and he "could not remember the events that had taken place prior to that game or what he had said to get Kasi [Kasandra Perkins] to return home" after his team's game against the Cincinnati Bengals on November 18th. Still, that was only a small portion of the many problems effecting Belcher prior to yesterday's murder-suicide.

Even though the Kansas City Star points to a Trey Songz show as being the potential catalyst for Belcher's actions, his friend indicates that the concert was more likely a tipping point for their strained relationship. At one point in their tumultuous affair, Kasandra left and took the linebacker's daughter, Zoe, to a relative's house without his consent and refused to come home. She also was attempting to contact a lawyer that would "get as much money as possible" out of Belcher.

In addition to taking Zoe without Belcher's knowing, Kasi was failing her college courses, which Jovan was actually paying for after she quit her retail job where "she worked two 4 hour shifts a week." Because of all these troubles, Belcher turned to a lethal combination of alcohol and painkillers where he supposedly drank on a nightly basis.

Before yesterday's events, Belcher and Kasi had been separated for two weeks.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Javon Belcher Commits Suicide..   Javon Belcher Commits Suicide.. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 9:33 pm

Kasandra Perkins shot 9 times

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Kansas City Chiefs linebacker Jovan Belcher had a blood-alcohol level more than twice the legal limit when he shot his girlfriend nine times and then killed himself in front of his coach and general manager, an autopsy released Monday showed.

The Jackson County Medical Examiner report on Belcher, 25, raised new questions about whether police should have done more before the Dec. 1 murder-suicide. Officers found Belcher sleeping in his idling car about five hours earlier, but let him go inside a nearby apartment to sleep it off.

Jovan Belcher had a blood-alcohol level more than twice the legal limit when he fatally shot his girlfriend nine times and then killed himself, an autopsy showed.

At the time of the autopsy, Belcher's BAC was 0.17, more than twice the limit of 0.08 percent for Missouri drivers, and it was likely higher when he shot girlfriend Kasandra Perkins, 22, at the couple's Kansas City home.

A police report released previously said Belcher had gone out the night before with a woman he was dating on the side while Perkins attended a concert with her friends.

Police who found Belcher sleeping in his Bentley outside the woman's apartment told him to turn off the ignition and he complied, the report said.

The report said Belcher "initially displayed possible signs of being under the influence (asleep and disoriented)." But the report added that after a few minutes of being awake his "demeanor and communication became more fluid and coherent." The report added that officers didn't smell alcohol on Belcher, and that there were no signs of him being "violent or emotionally unstable."

Under both city ordinance and state law, it is illegal to operate a motor vehicle while intoxicated, city prosecutor Lowell C. Gard said in an email. He said a vehicle doesn't need to be in motion for it to be determined that the person behind the wheel was operating it.

"Operation has been defined in Missouri courts to include a wide range of activity, including sitting behind the wheel of a parked car with the engine running, and sitting alone behind the wheel of a parked car with a warm, but shut off, engine," Gard wrote. "However, problems of proof arise when the arresting officer must provide evidence of that operation contemporaneous with intoxication."

Kansas City police Sgt. Marisa Barnes said in an email she wasn't aware of anyone being disciplined over the case. Even if they were, she said, she wouldn't be able to discuss it.

Williamson ESPN.com's Bill Williamson writes about all things AFC West in his division blog.

• Blog network: NFL Nation

Belcher asked the officers who found him if he could stay inside the apartment for the night. Belcher tried to call his girlfriend, but she didn't discover the missed calls until the next morning. Two women who were up late invited Belcher to wait inside their nearby apartment after he explained his plight. They said Belcher "appeared to be intoxicated" but "seemed to be in good spirits," the police report said.

Belcher slept on their couch for a couple hours, leaving at 6:45 a.m. so he could make it to a team meeting planned for later that morning.

Upon arriving at the home he shared with Perkins, the couple began arguing. Belcher's mother, Cheryl Shepherd, who had moved in with them about two weeks earlier, heard multiple gunshots and ran to the bedroom, where she saw Belcher kneeling next to Perkins' body, saying he was sorry. The autopsy report says Perkins was shot in the neck, chest, abdomen, hip, back, leg and hand.

After kissing Perkins, his baby daughter and his mother, Belcher drove to Arrowhead Stadium. The autopsy said Belcher shot himself in the right temple as coach Romeo Crennel and general manager Scott Pioli looked on.

The infant, Zoe, is the subject of a custody fight between relatives of Belcher and Perkins.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Javon Belcher Commits Suicide..   Javon Belcher Commits Suicide.. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Javon Belcher Commits Suicide..
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ARROWHEAD DRIVE :: The Lounge-
Jump to: