ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Latest images  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
Geno Smith
Peter King's List of top coaching prospects  Bar_left45%Peter King's List of top coaching prospects  Bar_right
 45% [ 15 ]
Luke Joekel
Peter King's List of top coaching prospects  Bar_left12%Peter King's List of top coaching prospects  Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Domontre Moore
Peter King's List of top coaching prospects  Bar_left3%Peter King's List of top coaching prospects  Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Jarvis Jones
Peter King's List of top coaching prospects  Bar_left9%Peter King's List of top coaching prospects  Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Manti Te'o
Peter King's List of top coaching prospects  Bar_left3%Peter King's List of top coaching prospects  Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Star Lotulelei
Peter King's List of top coaching prospects  Bar_left6%Peter King's List of top coaching prospects  Bar_right
 6% [ 2 ]
Tyler Wilson
Peter King's List of top coaching prospects  Bar_left12%Peter King's List of top coaching prospects  Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Other
Peter King's List of top coaching prospects  Bar_left9%Peter King's List of top coaching prospects  Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 33
Latest topics
» Bones Stagione 7 Ita
Peter King's List of top coaching prospects  EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 2:04 pm by 

» Paragon Partition Manager 12 10.1.19.15721 Personal
Peter King's List of top coaching prospects  EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:20 pm by 

Peter King's List of top coaching prospects  EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

Peter King's List of top coaching prospects  EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

Peter King's List of top coaching prospects  EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:18 pm by 

Advertisement

Peter King's List of top coaching prospects

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

Peter King's List of top coaching prospects  Empty
PostSubject: Peter King's List of top coaching prospects    Peter King's List of top coaching prospects  EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 1:24 pm

I think these sound like the top five college coaching candidates for NFL head coaching jobs, per chats with front office people in the last two weeks (in order):

1. Chip Kelly, Oregon
2. David Shaw, Stanford
3. Brian Kelly, Notre Dame
4. Kirk Ferentz, Iowa (even coming off the bad season at Iowa, he's well-respected in the NFL)
5. Doug Marrone, Syracuse.

I didn't include Bill O'Brien of Penn State because (and call me naïve) I can't see him preaching love of, and loyalty to, Penn State, and then leaving after 12 months. But never say never in this business.

6. I think these sound like the top 10 NFL assistants who will get sniffs for head coaching jobs in the league next year (in order):

1. Mike McCoy, Denver offensive coordinator
2. Mike Zimmer, Cincinnati defensive coordinator
3. Vic Fangio, San Francisco defensive coordinator
4. Perry Fewell, Giants defensive coordinator
5. Dirk Koetter, Atlanta offensive coordinator
6. Dave Toub, Chicago special teams coordinator
7. Bruce Arians, Indianapolis interim head coach/offensive coordinator
8. Ray Horton, Arizona defensive coordinator
9. Kyle Shanahan, Washington offensive coordinator
10. Clyde Christensen, Indianapolis quarterbacks coach.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Peter King's List of top coaching prospects    Peter King's List of top coaching prospects  EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 1:24 pm

Who is your horse and why?
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Peter King's List of top coaching prospects    Peter King's List of top coaching prospects  EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 6:40 pm

Brian Kelly is kind of interesting. From what I recall Cincinnati wasn't any good before or after him, and no matter who ND hired they kept failing too. Nick Saban got a real bad shake in Miami.. they didn't sign Brees like he wanted and Ricky Williams who was one of the best at the time bailed. Chip Kelly could bring an exciting offense to Kansas City too.

From the NFL ranks... Andy Reid or Mike Holmgren would probably be the best gets.
Back to top Go down
http://arrowheaddrive.com
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Peter King's List of top coaching prospects    Peter King's List of top coaching prospects  EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 7:42 pm

RustShack wrote:
Brian Kelly is kind of interesting. From what I recall Cincinnati wasn't any good before or after him, and no matter who ND hired they kept failing too. Nick Saban got a real bad shake in Miami.. they didn't sign Brees like he wanted and Ricky Williams who was one of the best at the time bailed. Chip Kelly could bring an exciting offense to Kansas City too.

From the NFL ranks... Andy Reid or Mike Holmgren would probably be the best gets.

I don't watch much college ball, so I don't know a lot about that side of it. I think Mike McCoy could be interesting. He did a pretty good job with Orton as they had a top 10 passing attack. I believe Orton was ranked 4th in yards per game that year. Chip Kelly sounds very interesting but I understand he has a gimmick offense which is a concern. We don't need to be drafting players for an offense nobody is certain will work at the NFL level. I never have been a big fan of Reid but Holmgren as a coach could be interesting.
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Peter King's List of top coaching prospects    Peter King's List of top coaching prospects  EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 10:43 pm

I hope it isnt Ferentz. But I could see it if Pioli is around for sure. Actually if Hunt is dumb enough to keep Pioli I hope it is Ferentz. It would add to the number of stupid moves Pioli has made and show Hunt to be an idiot for sticking with him.
Back to top Go down
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro
OutlawChief

PostSubject: Re: Peter King's List of top coaching prospects    Peter King's List of top coaching prospects  EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 11:53 am

I don't watch much college ball either. So I will have to take yours guys word on those guys. But to me Bruce Arians is intriguing. From his Steelers days and now the Colts wouldn't mind giving him a look see.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

PostSubject: Re: Peter King's List of top coaching prospects    Peter King's List of top coaching prospects  EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 1:38 am

I have my money on Chip Kelly going to Philly after Reid is fired. KC has to sign a HC with past experience and success. Alot of people hate on Andy Reid for never winning a super bowl..but 5 NFC championships and a SB appearance is so much more than this franchise has ever had before. He has to be the guy if we want success in the near future. Guys like Brian Kelly wouldnt be a horrible second option either.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Peter King's List of top coaching prospects    Peter King's List of top coaching prospects  EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 1:46 am

Touchdown Bowe wrote:
I have my money on Chip Kelly going to Philly after Reid is fired. KC has to sign a HC with past experience and success. Alot of people hate on Andy Reid for never winning a super bowl..but 5 NFC championships and a SB appearance is so much more than this franchise has ever had before. He has to be the guy if we want success in the near future. Guys like Brian Kelly wouldnt be a horrible second option either.

This is a what have you done lately deal. Reid hasn't been to the playoffs since 09 and they are 3-8 this year. I have never been a fan of Reid.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

PostSubject: Re: Peter King's List of top coaching prospects    Peter King's List of top coaching prospects  EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 1:50 am

BigRatt wrote:
Touchdown Bowe wrote:

This is a what have you done lately deal. Reid hasn't been to the playoffs since 09 and they are 3-8 this year. I have never been a fan of Reid.

Guys like Bill Cowher put up season after season of mediocre play and won a super bowl one year out of like 15 and everybody thinks he's a great coach.

Andy Reid put up playoff year after playoff year, championship game after championship game and gets criticized because of 2 poor seasons. I think the team is just full of a bunch of guys with ridiculous egos and arent focused on winning.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peter King's List of top coaching prospects    Peter King's List of top coaching prospects  Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1