ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Latest images  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
Geno Smith
The Don Speaks Bar_left45%The Don Speaks Bar_right
 45% [ 15 ]
Luke Joekel
The Don Speaks Bar_left12%The Don Speaks Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Domontre Moore
The Don Speaks Bar_left3%The Don Speaks Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Jarvis Jones
The Don Speaks Bar_left9%The Don Speaks Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Manti Te'o
The Don Speaks Bar_left3%The Don Speaks Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Star Lotulelei
The Don Speaks Bar_left6%The Don Speaks Bar_right
 6% [ 2 ]
Tyler Wilson
The Don Speaks Bar_left12%The Don Speaks Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Other
The Don Speaks Bar_left9%The Don Speaks Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 33
Latest topics
» Bones Stagione 7 Ita
The Don Speaks EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 2:04 pm by 

» Paragon Partition Manager 12 10.1.19.15721 Personal
The Don Speaks EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:20 pm by 

The Don Speaks EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

The Don Speaks EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

The Don Speaks EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:18 pm by 

Advertisement

The Don Speaks

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

The Don Speaks Empty
PostSubject: The Don Speaks   The Don Speaks EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 5:06 pm

Scott Pioli interview: Chiefs GM talks contract extensions, Romeo Crennel, Matt Cassel and 1-5

By Joel Thorman on Oct 17, 10:54a

Kansas City Chiefs GM Scott Pioli is making the media rounds today, talking to a number of outlets in KC. First up is Soren Petro on 810 WHB who interviewed Pioli this morning.

Update: Here is his interview with the Star. 610 this afternoon.

A few notes and highlights from Pioli's interview with Petro:

On the reports of a contract extension:

"I think Clark said it last week and it's an organizational philosophy that we don't discuss contracts, the contracts of players, coaches, myself or any employee. We don't discuss that."

On Pioli taking responsibility for what's going on:

"At the end of the day I am responsible for the football operation and things are not going well right now and there should be some frustration towards me and I know it."

"At the end of the day I have to get better at doing my job before this team gets better, and that's the bottom line."

On Romeo:

"I'm as confident in Romeo today as the day we hired him."

On his involvement in who plays (Matt Cassel):

"The initial reaction is I understand lines being drawn or being connected. I get that. I understand it because it's a simple thing to do. The fact is in my four years here I have never, ever made a decision on which players will be inactive, who gets playing time, who doesn't get playing time, who is going to be the starting quarterback or the starting safety. That is not my role as the general manager."

"Coaches make those decisions."

"There's never been a time in my four years here or anywhere else where I made a demand or suggestion as to who should play which position That's not my job. That's the coaches job."

On drafting a quarterback:

(Not a direct quote): Pioli said that the Chiefs haven't had a good opportunity to draft a quarterback that they like.

"I think it's a critical part of the job. Getting a quarterback and building the right team. I still believe in that. I've been fortunate to be part of successes, not just at this level, at other levels and you see that the quarterback position is critical but there's also this big picture idea that you have to build a team."

Random:

Pioli didn't know there was a presidential debate last night.

He does not dress up for Halloween but was recently told he was masquerading as a general manager.

On Eric Winston:

"When we were recruiting Eric to be a free agent, the reason Eric was in this building and wanted to be here is because he loves Arrowhead Stadium, he loves the sea of red and the fans." Pioli said Winston still likes being in KC.

And Pioli still likes KC:

"I love being here."
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

The Don Speaks Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Don Speaks   The Don Speaks EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 5:56 pm

It was a waste. I dont buy for a second Pioli hasnt made the staff play Cassel. As far as no QB being available there was Dalton, Mallet, and Cousins that I can think of off the top of my head.
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

The Don Speaks Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Don Speaks   The Don Speaks EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 5:57 pm

And screw Winston. I hope he gets hurt and the fans let out the loudest cheer ever
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

The Don Speaks Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Don Speaks   The Don Speaks EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 6:13 pm

I've always agreed with the QB thing. I don't really see any of those QB's as special. But not bringing in a QB better than Palko(such as Hasselbeck) is what made the Chiefs not be in the playoffs last year.

Hes digging his own grave with the QB situation. No hes never been in a position to bring in a real QB, but hes hurting himself by not even bringing in true competition for Cassel. He finally gave in a little and brought in Quinn, but its looking like that was too little too late. Especially since he wouldn't let Quinn have the chance to beat Cassel out.
Back to top Go down
http://arrowheaddrive.com
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

The Don Speaks Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Don Speaks   The Don Speaks EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 6:27 pm

Dalton is showing he is going to be a stud soon. and he is doing it with only 1 WR right now. Not that I was calling for Dalton at the time but its Piolis job to make the right picks. and there are plaenty of WR that year we could have had even if we had taken Dalton. Some look like they might be better than Baldwin.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

The Don Speaks Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Don Speaks   The Don Speaks EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 6:35 pm

Another 610 rumor. Crennel lost part of the locker room when Quinn didn't get a shot during training camp, and will completely lose it if Cassel is named starter again.
Back to top Go down
http://arrowheaddrive.com
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

The Don Speaks Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Don Speaks   The Don Speaks EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 2:19 am

RustShack wrote:
Another 610 rumor. Crennel lost part of the locker room when Quinn didn't get a shot during training camp, and will completely lose it if Cassel is named starter again.

Exactly this. Hell, had Quinn had a huge game against Tampa, I still feel that Cassel would remain starter. I dont think ive ever seen a situation fold out like this since ive been watching the NFL. This team is hopeless.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Don Speaks Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Don Speaks   The Don Speaks Empty

Back to top Go down

The Don Speaks
Page 1 of 1