ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Latest images  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
Geno Smith
Crennel on Baldwin Bar_left45%Crennel on Baldwin Bar_right
 45% [ 15 ]
Luke Joekel
Crennel on Baldwin Bar_left12%Crennel on Baldwin Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Domontre Moore
Crennel on Baldwin Bar_left3%Crennel on Baldwin Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Jarvis Jones
Crennel on Baldwin Bar_left9%Crennel on Baldwin Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Manti Te'o
Crennel on Baldwin Bar_left3%Crennel on Baldwin Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Star Lotulelei
Crennel on Baldwin Bar_left6%Crennel on Baldwin Bar_right
 6% [ 2 ]
Tyler Wilson
Crennel on Baldwin Bar_left12%Crennel on Baldwin Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Other
Crennel on Baldwin Bar_left9%Crennel on Baldwin Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 33
Latest topics
» Bones Stagione 7 Ita
Crennel on Baldwin EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 2:04 pm by 

» Paragon Partition Manager 12 10.1.19.15721 Personal
Crennel on Baldwin EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:20 pm by 

Crennel on Baldwin EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

Crennel on Baldwin EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

Crennel on Baldwin EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:18 pm by 

Advertisement

Crennel on Baldwin

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

Crennel on Baldwin Empty
PostSubject: Crennel on Baldwin   Crennel on Baldwin EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 9:26 pm

What To Expect From Chiefs WR Jonathan Baldwin In 2012

by Joel Thorman

We continue to mine through some of the quotes from Kansas City Chiefs head coach Romeo Crennel at the NFL owners meetings this week. When he wasn't being asked about CB Brandon Carr from Dallas Cowboys reporters, Crennel touched on someone that we probably haven't talked about enough this offseason, WR Jonathan Baldwin.

"We expect him to make improvement and progress this year," Crennel said of Baldwin. "He missed some time last year and I think that hurt his development. He's gotten his feet wet now and I think he understands what it is going to take for him to be a really good receiver. I think he's willing to work at it, so we've got to get him to work at it and then also develop him the way that he needs to develop to be the type of receiver we need."

Some generic coach talk but a couple things to sort through here.

First, where does he stand in the pecking order with Dwayne Bowe, Steve Breaston and Tony Moeaki? These guys have barely been on the same field together with Moeaki's preseason injury and then Baldwin's extended absence last year. Moeaki had 47 catches his rookie year, and he looked like he was going to get better. That's a lot of production inserted into a lineup that will (hopefully) include Baldwin for 16 games next season. It'll be interesting to see how the ball is moved around.

And, speaking of pecking order, there may not be a ton of opportunities for Chiefs receivers this season considering Jamaal Charles is...well, Jamaal Charles.

Second, how will he do in year two without Todd Haley coaching him? Yeah, we talked about Haley being good with receivers and that's mostly true. He did have several receivers with success. So how will Baldwin's transition from year one to year two go now that Haley is gone? And how will Baldwin mesh with new offensive coordinator Brian Daboll?

I think the best way to describe it is to say that I'm cautiously optimistic about Baldwin in 2012. The talent is there, we know that. It's just a matter of A.) how he develops as a player and B.) where he fits on an offense with more weapons.
Back to top Go down
SylvesterMalone1978
All-Pro
All-Pro
SylvesterMalone1978

Crennel on Baldwin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crennel on Baldwin   Crennel on Baldwin EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 11:30 pm

Chiefs breakout player this year!
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

Crennel on Baldwin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crennel on Baldwin   Crennel on Baldwin EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 2:29 am

SylvesterMalone1978 wrote:
Chiefs breakout player this year!

Baldwin finds himself in the same pickle he was in while in college. Shitty QB play! I think if someone can get him the ball he will go good things this year.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

Crennel on Baldwin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crennel on Baldwin   Crennel on Baldwin EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 2:30 am

Hopefully Baldwin picks a fight with Cassel this preseason...and wins this time.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

Crennel on Baldwin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crennel on Baldwin   Crennel on Baldwin EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 3:11 am

Bowe talks draft, free agency, Romeo Crennel and more in NYC

By Josh Looney

Dwayne Bowe, who has remained relatively silent since receiving the franchise tag in early March, spoke about the Chiefs’ offseason at the Nike NFL Uniform Launch in New York earlier this week.

Though Bowe refrained from going into detail about his current contract situation, citing “business is business,” he indicated that he wasn’t upset about receiving the franchise tag. Bowe plans to let his agent and the Chiefs handle any public statements regarding the state of negotiations.

The Chiefs have until July 16th to sign Bowe to a long-term deal. Otherwise, he’ll play the entire 2012 season under the franchise tag.

Kansas City’s offseason strength and conditioning program begins on Monday, April 16th. Bowe didn’t say whether he’d attend.

Regardless, Bowe touched on a number of subjects ranging from the draft to free agency and expressed excitement about spending the 2012 season in Kansas City.

Bowe especially likes what the team has done in free agency.

“I’m loving what they’re doing for the Kansas City Chiefs,” Bowe said of the team’s free agent pickups to date. “We’ve been waiting on guys established as pros, some of the younger and more elite (free agents) to come and be Chiefs. Scott Pioli going out and getting those guys and it’s only going to bring more excitement, more fans and more wins.

“I’m excited about what’s going on. Even though I have to wait a bit while the franchise (tag) stuff is going on, I know where I’m going to be and I know what this next season holds for the Kansas City Chiefs.”

Bowe specifically liked the additions of right tackle Eric Winston and RB Peyton Hillis.

When speaking about the Hillis signing, Bowe recalled Hillis winning the Madden ’12 cover athlete vote last offseason. Bowe was eliminated by Lions WR Calvin Johnson in Round One of Madden ’13 voting last month, receiving just 8% of the vote.

“I don’t want to say that I believe in the Madden Curse, but I’ll just say that I’m okay with being pulled out of the voting,” Bowe said. “Once you see the voting start to happen, you kind of take a mental precaution.”

Focusing on the upcoming NFL Draft, Baylor QB Robert Griffin III is Bowe’s favorite prospect. While he doesn’t have a preference for the Chiefs choice at No. 11, Bowe’s hopeful to see more LSU alums relocate to Kansas City.

“All of my Tigers that are in the draft, I’m rooting for them to come to Kansas City because those are my guys,” Bowe said. “This class seems like it has so much talent. I don’t think that my class had the type of talent that this one does.

“With the way the team has gone and picked up free agents this offseason, you really don’t know who will be the first round pick. It could be a quarterback, a running back, a wide receiver, an offensive lineman or a defensive player. I don’t know what it will be. I just hope it will be the right decision.”

Bowe also gave his endorsement for the hiring of Romeo Crennel as head coach.

“Romeo is awesome,” Bowe said. “That guy knows how to handle a team and how to manage a team. He definitely knows how to treat the players. He’s knows the players’ needs and respects the players.

“Having a coach like that, especially for the younger guys, it definitely changes the whole outlook on football. If you get a coach that walks with you step-by-step through the process instead of just throwing you out there in the water. Romeo coaches and he explains. He wants what’s best for his players.

“Over those last three games with him last year guys had so much more energy and were so much more confident. Guys are so excited to come back to him, you can’t even imagine.”
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

Crennel on Baldwin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crennel on Baldwin   Crennel on Baldwin EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 3:12 am

They have until July 16th to get Bowe under contract. I hope it happens.
Back to top Go down
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro
chiefbravebull

Crennel on Baldwin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crennel on Baldwin   Crennel on Baldwin EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 8:57 pm

If it does happen we will have a very solid WR core for years to come with him and Baldwin.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Crennel on Baldwin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crennel on Baldwin   Crennel on Baldwin Empty

Back to top Go down

Crennel on Baldwin
Page 1 of 1