ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Latest images  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
Geno Smith
Hudson definately going to start in 2012 Bar_left45%Hudson definately going to start in 2012 Bar_right
 45% [ 15 ]
Luke Joekel
Hudson definately going to start in 2012 Bar_left12%Hudson definately going to start in 2012 Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Domontre Moore
Hudson definately going to start in 2012 Bar_left3%Hudson definately going to start in 2012 Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Jarvis Jones
Hudson definately going to start in 2012 Bar_left9%Hudson definately going to start in 2012 Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Manti Te'o
Hudson definately going to start in 2012 Bar_left3%Hudson definately going to start in 2012 Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Star Lotulelei
Hudson definately going to start in 2012 Bar_left6%Hudson definately going to start in 2012 Bar_right
 6% [ 2 ]
Tyler Wilson
Hudson definately going to start in 2012 Bar_left12%Hudson definately going to start in 2012 Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Other
Hudson definately going to start in 2012 Bar_left9%Hudson definately going to start in 2012 Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 33
Latest topics
» Bones Stagione 7 Ita
Hudson definately going to start in 2012 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 2:04 pm by 

» Paragon Partition Manager 12 10.1.19.15721 Personal
Hudson definately going to start in 2012 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:20 pm by 

Hudson definately going to start in 2012 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

Hudson definately going to start in 2012 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

Hudson definately going to start in 2012 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:18 pm by 

Advertisement

Hudson definately going to start in 2012

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

Hudson definately going to start in 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Hudson definately going to start in 2012   Hudson definately going to start in 2012 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 1:10 am

A few weeks ago Kansas City Chiefs GM Scott Pioli said the team had to get better along the offensive line which said to us that changes were coming. The Chiefs GM indicated that at least one change will occur in 2012 -- Rodney Hudson will be a starter. Pioli said Hudson is ready to be a starter in the NFL which strongly indicates that Hudson will be one of the Chiefs new starters next season.

Hudson comes out of Florida State as the Chiefs second round pick in the 2011 NFL draft. The question is whether Hudson plays center or guard and for that answer I think we may have to wait a couple months.

Center is the obvious answer. That looks like it was the plan when he was drafted so replacing Casey Wiegmann, who doesn't have a contract and could retire, makes the most sense.

But I say we need to wait to really answer that question because the Chiefs could come across a terrific value on a center in free agency or the draft, which could then put Hudson back to guard, depending on the future of Ryan Lilja.

Last year, after the Chiefs had drafted Hudson, Pioli was very interested in another center, Jason Kelce (eventually picked by the Eagles). That makes you wonder...if they had gotten Kelce in the draft, would Hudson be a center or a guard? That's why I bring up the possibility of him playing guard or center. Plenty of things can change.

That's the good part of having a guy like Hudson, who can play multiple positions. He gives the team options and flexibility so that they can focus more on value instead of getting a specific position.

After Hudson, there are still 1-2 spots along the offensive line that could change next season.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Hudson definately going to start in 2012   Hudson definately going to start in 2012 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 1:14 am

Decastro/Hudson/Aso would be a nasty interior! I'd probally be alright with Martin as well but not as excited about him as I am about Decastro.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Hudson definately going to start in 2012   Hudson definately going to start in 2012 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 1:50 am

Completely agree. DeCastro-Hudson-Asomah is what I want to see.
Back to top Go down
http://arrowheaddrive.com
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

PostSubject: Re: Hudson definately going to start in 2012   Hudson definately going to start in 2012 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 2:06 am

RustShack wrote:
Completely agree. DeCastro-Hudson-Asomah is what I want to see.
This would easily be the best OL setup since the days of Shields/Waters/Roaf..DeCastro looks like he's going to be a monster. Going OL in the draft would be the best thing anyways if were going to take the Manning route.
Back to top Go down
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro
OutlawChief

PostSubject: Re: Hudson definately going to start in 2012   Hudson definately going to start in 2012 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 7:37 pm

Would love Decastro also. But we may go OT with Jonathan Martin and maybe OG in FA with Nicks or Grubbs.
Back to top Go down
FatThucker
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Hudson definately going to start in 2012   Hudson definately going to start in 2012 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 8:49 pm

DeCastro sounds like he's gonna be a monster, but it's just not worth it that high in the draft to take a guard. This is considered a strong G/C class and we should be able to pick up 3rd-5th rounder that could be plugged in immediately. There's a much bigger drop off with the OTs after Martin/Reiff, or a NT like Poe, by the time even our second rounder arrives.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Hudson definately going to start in 2012   Hudson definately going to start in 2012 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 11:19 pm

Have a hard time believing we would take Martin if his BETTER teammate is still there. Its not like we are picking top five or hes a normal guard. This is the best guard since Steve Hutchinson. Also the new CBA makes it easier to "reach" for players like this. Nicks wants to be the highest paid guard in the NFL, hes not coming here.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Hudson definately going to start in 2012   Hudson definately going to start in 2012 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 11:38 pm

RustShack wrote:
Have a hard time believing we would take Martin if his BETTER teammate is still there. Its not like we are picking top five or hes a normal guard. This is the best guard since Steve Hutchinson. Also the new CBA makes it easier to "reach" for players like this. Nicks wants to be the highest paid guard in the NFL, hes not coming here.

I guess there is the possibility they take Martin and draft for strict need but it would be freaking stupid to let such a quality prospect like Decastro pass. This kid isn't the run of the mill prospect. This is the year I hope they stick to the BPA. With Orton the QB next year I would be more than happy to stick with B Rich next year until FA or the 13 Draft.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Hudson definately going to start in 2012   Hudson definately going to start in 2012 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 11:45 pm

I just have a hard time taking Martin that high when hes rated below Riley Reiff who isn't as good of a prospect as Bryan Bulaga who went 23 just last year.

Yeah OT is a bigger need that OG right now, but come on. We reached for a Safety a few years ago, this would be the same type of deal.

The only way I want to end up with an OT in the first is if we trade down first. OR if Matt Kalil falls down a little where we can trade up for a reasonable price. BUT, that more than likely isn't happening
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Hudson definately going to start in 2012   Hudson definately going to start in 2012 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 2:30 am

RustShack wrote:
I just have a hard time taking Martin that high when hes rated below Riley Reiff who isn't as good of a prospect as Bryan Bulaga who went 23 just last year.

Yeah OT is a bigger need that OG right now, but come on. We reached for a Safety a few years ago, this would be the same type of deal.

The only way I want to end up with an OT in the first is if we trade down first. OR if Matt Kalil falls down a little where we can trade up for a reasonable price. BUT, that more than likely isn't happening

Decastro is the one I want. I didn't think Berry was a reach. I could see them going OT though. Reiff or Martin. I just hope that Decastro is the pick.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Hudson definately going to start in 2012   Hudson definately going to start in 2012 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 2:40 am

Berry wasn't a reach at all. Typically that position is that high though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hudson definately going to start in 2012   Hudson definately going to start in 2012 Empty

Back to top Go down

Hudson definately going to start in 2012
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ARROWHEAD DRIVE :: The Lounge-
Jump to: