ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Latest images  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
Geno Smith
Bowe Should Stay Put Bar_left45%Bowe Should Stay Put Bar_right
 45% [ 15 ]
Luke Joekel
Bowe Should Stay Put Bar_left12%Bowe Should Stay Put Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Domontre Moore
Bowe Should Stay Put Bar_left3%Bowe Should Stay Put Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Jarvis Jones
Bowe Should Stay Put Bar_left9%Bowe Should Stay Put Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Manti Te'o
Bowe Should Stay Put Bar_left3%Bowe Should Stay Put Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Star Lotulelei
Bowe Should Stay Put Bar_left6%Bowe Should Stay Put Bar_right
 6% [ 2 ]
Tyler Wilson
Bowe Should Stay Put Bar_left12%Bowe Should Stay Put Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Other
Bowe Should Stay Put Bar_left9%Bowe Should Stay Put Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 33
Latest topics
» Bones Stagione 7 Ita
Bowe Should Stay Put EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 2:04 pm by 

» Paragon Partition Manager 12 10.1.19.15721 Personal
Bowe Should Stay Put EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:20 pm by 

Bowe Should Stay Put EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

Bowe Should Stay Put EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

Bowe Should Stay Put EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:18 pm by 

Advertisement

Bowe Should Stay Put

Go down 
+4
redross006
BigRatt
OutlawChief
RustShack
8 posters
AuthorMessage
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

Bowe Should Stay Put Empty
PostSubject: Bowe Should Stay Put   Bowe Should Stay Put EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 7:53 pm

Bowe should stay put
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on February 20, 2012, 2:20 PM EST
Kansas City Chiefs v Chicago Bears Getty Images

The Chiefs essentially decided to sign Stanford Routt over trying to re-sign cornerback Brandon Carr to agree to a long-term deal.

One big benefit to Routt’s contract: Now the Chiefs can use the franchise tag on wide receiver Dwayne Bowe.

Before the Routt deal, it appeared the Chiefs had a tough decision to make regarding whether to tag Carr or Bowe. We’d argue Carr is a better player overall than Routt, but his relatively low pricetag made his deal worthwhile. Brandon Flowers, Routt, and Javier Arenas make a fine top-three cornerback lineup for the Chiefs.

Kansas City obviously had a good idea what Carr was looking for in a contract. Routt likely wanted much less and the Chiefs must not have believed the difference in the two players was too great. The Chiefs may have been hesitant to pay two cornerbacks huge money after already rewarding Brandon Flowers.

The Chiefs have a huge amount of salary cap space, so it should be easy to tag Bowe. A long-term deal could be tough to put together quickly. A one-year contract will give Bowe motivation to play his best again in 2012; motivation has been an issue at times during his career.

This news should make Vincent Jackson, Brandon Lloyd, and other potential free agent receivers smile. If Bowe and Wes Welker are off the market, there will be a greater demand for the receivers that do make it to free agency.
Back to top Go down
http://arrowheaddrive.com
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro
OutlawChief

PostSubject: Re: Bowe Should Stay Put   Bowe Should Stay Put EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 9:34 pm

Yeah Bowe should be a lock now. Still want to see the deal get done so we can tag and trade Carr.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Bowe Should Stay Put   Bowe Should Stay Put EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 2:42 pm

OutlawChief wrote:
Yeah Bowe should be a lock now. Still want to see the deal get done so we can tag and trade Carr.

Yes that is a must! Tags have to used by March 5. We are going to see here shortly what the plan is.
Back to top Go down
redross006
Amateur
Amateur
redross006

PostSubject: Re: Bowe Should Stay Put   Bowe Should Stay Put EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 4:02 pm

Screw D- Rop (DBowe) let him go and sign V. Jackson from SD. Then replace Pope W/ Fells from Denver (decent recieveing TE w/ great blocking skills). Then we will have the scoop on all AFC west teams with Routt(Oakland) Jackson(SD) and Fells (Denver). Not to mention they are all solid pick ups.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Bowe Should Stay Put   Bowe Should Stay Put EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 9:21 pm

I'd rather resign Bowe than bring in Jackson.
Back to top Go down
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro
OutlawChief

PostSubject: Re: Bowe Should Stay Put   Bowe Should Stay Put EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 9:29 pm

I agree I like Bowe better. Plus Jackson most likely has his eyes in Chicago were he can reunite with Cutler.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Bowe Should Stay Put   Bowe Should Stay Put EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 9:38 pm

I think you're thinking of Brandon Marshall. Interestingly though is Jonathan Baldwin is thought to be a Marshall/Jackson type WR, so we aren't bringing him in anyways.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

PostSubject: Re: Bowe Should Stay Put   Bowe Should Stay Put EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 4:07 am

Why bring in Vincent Jackson? We have nobody capable of hitting him with a deep ball..
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Bowe Should Stay Put   Bowe Should Stay Put EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 1:51 pm

Touchdown Bowe wrote:
Why bring in Vincent Jackson? We have nobody capable of hitting him with a deep ball..

True That!
Back to top Go down
SylvesterMalone1978
All-Pro
All-Pro
SylvesterMalone1978

PostSubject: Re: Bowe Should Stay Put   Bowe Should Stay Put EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 2:23 pm

I think he just wants Cassel to look worse and hurt the team more possibly?
Back to top Go down
redross006
Amateur
Amateur
redross006

PostSubject: Re: Bowe Should Stay Put   Bowe Should Stay Put EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 6:53 pm

SylvesterMalone1978 wrote:
I think he just wants Cassel to look worse and hurt the team more possibly?

So we shouldn't try and upgrade at the WR position( and VJ would be an upgrade..he is much more consistant) or try and get a deep threat because our QB sucks ass? I would hope that we do upgrade at the QB position although I think that this is HIGHLY unlikely. But I would still look to improve at any position possible. With thinking like that(our QB sucks so so should our WR's) won't get this team anywhere.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Bowe Should Stay Put   Bowe Should Stay Put EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 7:02 pm

Lol Bowe isn't bad. TO is going to go down as one of the greats even though he dropped balls like Bowe too.
Back to top Go down
OutlawChief
All-Pro
All-Pro
OutlawChief

PostSubject: Re: Bowe Should Stay Put   Bowe Should Stay Put EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 7:13 pm

RustShack wrote:
I think you're thinking of Brandon Marshall. Interestingly though is Jonathan Baldwin is thought to be a Marshall/Jackson type WR, so we aren't bringing him in anyways.

Damn your right don't know what I was thinking lol. But Bowe coming back we should be fine at WR. With other holes to worry about.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

PostSubject: Re: Bowe Should Stay Put   Bowe Should Stay Put EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 1:14 am

Bowe is better for short yardage because of his physical ability. Baldwin is more of a deep threat because of his size and speed. Breaston is an everywhere guy. We need to keep them all.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Bowe Should Stay Put   Bowe Should Stay Put EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 1:37 am

Yep, its good to have a bunch of different types of WR's with different strengths.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Bowe Should Stay Put   Bowe Should Stay Put EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 1:41 am

RustShack wrote:
Yep, its good to have a bunch of different types of WR's with different strengths.

Agreed! I like our WR core the way it is myself. Bowe pisses me off somtimes and kept us out of the playoffs this year.
Back to top Go down
FatThucker
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Bowe Should Stay Put   Bowe Should Stay Put EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 5:13 pm

Bowe sure is a fucking knuckledhead at times, but his presence (as well as Jamaal Charles) is vital to the Chiefs offense. He can't go anywhere. The Killer B's are all great compliments to each other.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Bowe Should Stay Put   Bowe Should Stay Put EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 5:09 pm

I might be willing to take a chance on Randy Moss, especially if Manning or Orton is our QB next year.

Like Manning, Moss is saying its not about money for him. He will take a non guaranteed check he just wants to play again.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Bowe Should Stay Put   Bowe Should Stay Put EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 5:14 pm

I'd still keep Bowe though. Moss and Bowe as the top two guys. Baldwin can sub them. Breaston in the slot. Mix in McCluster and whoever else.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Bowe Should Stay Put   Bowe Should Stay Put EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 9:10 pm

The Kansas City Chiefs plan to use the franchise tag on wide receiver Dwayne Bowe if the two sides cannot reach a new deal, according to a league source.

The franchise tag number for wide receivers this year is $9.5 million.

Dwayne Bowe

#82 WR
Kansas City Chiefs

2011 STATS
Rec81
Yds1159
TD5
Avg14.3
Long52
YAC359

The 27-year-old Bowe had another good season despite a revolving door of quarterbacks in Kansas City last season, catching 81 passes for 1,159 yards and five touchdowns.

It was his third 1,000-yard season, and he has caught at least 70 passes in four of his five NFL seasons. He led the NFL in 2010 with 15 touchdown receptions and has 36 TD catches in his career.

One NFL general manager estimated that, with the cost of the franchise tags decreasing because of the new collective bargaining agreement, as many as 25 tags could be used to restrict player movement this offseason.

The franchise tag used to be based on the average of the top five salaries at that position from last season. In the new CBA, it's based on the average of the top five salaries at that position from the previous five seasons.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Bowe Should Stay Put   Bowe Should Stay Put EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 9:11 pm

If Bowe gets the Tag, Carr walks free! Surely the fuck, the Chiefs are not stupid enough to let this happen.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Bowe Should Stay Put   Bowe Should Stay Put EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 11:05 pm

"Romeo Crennel says Chiefs want to keep WR Dwayne Bowe but can't "definitely" say he'll be back."

Jason La Canfora

Just being on twitter I am getting a lot of updates of things Crennel is saying at the podium right now from people and it seems that he would like to have 3 good corners since the league is changing. What do you think the odds of the Chiefs surprising us and putting the tag on Brandon Carr is?
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Bowe Should Stay Put   Bowe Should Stay Put EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 1:53 pm

I still think we can end up with both back next year.
Back to top Go down
chiefbravebull
All-Pro
All-Pro
chiefbravebull

PostSubject: Re: Bowe Should Stay Put   Bowe Should Stay Put EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 11:46 pm

I think its a stretch but it could happen for sure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bowe Should Stay Put   Bowe Should Stay Put Empty

Back to top Go down

Bowe Should Stay Put
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ARROWHEAD DRIVE :: The Lounge-
Jump to: