ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Latest images  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
Geno Smith
Moeaki Tears ACL, out for year!  Bar_left45%Moeaki Tears ACL, out for year!  Bar_right
 45% [ 15 ]
Luke Joekel
Moeaki Tears ACL, out for year!  Bar_left12%Moeaki Tears ACL, out for year!  Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Domontre Moore
Moeaki Tears ACL, out for year!  Bar_left3%Moeaki Tears ACL, out for year!  Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Jarvis Jones
Moeaki Tears ACL, out for year!  Bar_left9%Moeaki Tears ACL, out for year!  Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Manti Te'o
Moeaki Tears ACL, out for year!  Bar_left3%Moeaki Tears ACL, out for year!  Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Star Lotulelei
Moeaki Tears ACL, out for year!  Bar_left6%Moeaki Tears ACL, out for year!  Bar_right
 6% [ 2 ]
Tyler Wilson
Moeaki Tears ACL, out for year!  Bar_left12%Moeaki Tears ACL, out for year!  Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Other
Moeaki Tears ACL, out for year!  Bar_left9%Moeaki Tears ACL, out for year!  Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 33
Latest topics
» Bones Stagione 7 Ita
Moeaki Tears ACL, out for year!  EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 2:04 pm by 

» Paragon Partition Manager 12 10.1.19.15721 Personal
Moeaki Tears ACL, out for year!  EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:20 pm by 

Moeaki Tears ACL, out for year!  EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

Moeaki Tears ACL, out for year!  EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

Moeaki Tears ACL, out for year!  EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:18 pm by 

Advertisement

Moeaki Tears ACL, out for year!

Go down 
+3
RustShack
Chiefs09
BigRatt
7 posters
AuthorMessage
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

Moeaki Tears ACL, out for year!  Empty
PostSubject: Moeaki Tears ACL, out for year!    Moeaki Tears ACL, out for year!  EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 2:52 pm

Bad news, folks.

Kansas City Chiefs TE Tony Moeaki is expected to be placed on injured reserve with a torn ACL. I had heard the rumors this morning but couldn't confirm it and I found it's now being reported by Jube Wilbers of WREX in Rockford, Illinois.

The knock on Moeaki exiting college was an injury history but he missed just one game in 2010 while putting up an impressive rookie campaign. It was just last week that Peter King of SI.com was hyping him up saying the Chiefs planned to use him similar to the way the Indianapolis Colts use TE Dallas Clark.

You feel for guys like Moeaki. Nobody wants to hear this news.

The Chiefs could now be in the market for another tight end. Here's the current depth chart at tight end: Leonard Pope, Tony Moeaki, Jake O'Connell, Cody Slate, Charlie Gantt and Anthony Becht.

Keep an eye on the waiver wire today as teams start making their cuts.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Moeaki Tears ACL, out for year!    Moeaki Tears ACL, out for year!  EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 2:53 pm

Fuck! This is terrible news!
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Moeaki Tears ACL, out for year!    Moeaki Tears ACL, out for year!  EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 2:54 pm

All he did was slide out of bounds that i can remember
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Moeaki Tears ACL, out for year!    Moeaki Tears ACL, out for year!  EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 3:48 pm

Former Bears TE Desmond Clark Would Make For Ideal Replacement For Chiefs Tony Moeaki

The Chiefs have lost a tremendous receiving option for Matt Cassel with the announcement today of Tony Moeaki’s torn ACL and subsequent placement on injured reserve. That said, with the dawn of the regular season in just a few days, it’s important for the Chiefs to find a replacement and now is the opportune time, especially with the Bears recent release of longtime tight end Desmond Clark.

The current crop of tight ends on the Chiefs are of the blocking variety. Anthony Becht and Leonard Pope both have great size and are assets in a run-oriented offense of the Chiefs. However, the Chiefs lack the depth at wideout to withstand a tight end crew that lacks any receiving options, and that’s where Clark comes in.

Clark was released earlier today and he stated so much via Twitter. “Yes. The Bears released me this morning. I played my butt off but sometimes it’s more about the business. That’s what it boiled down to.”

Clark was with the Bears since 2003 after first coming into the league with the Denver Broncos in ‘99. He’s an older veteran obviously, but he’s long been known for his good hands — the very thing the Chiefs could use at this point. If utilized well, Clark could still provide a solid receiving option for Cassel. To date, Clark has 323 catches for 3,591 yards and 27 touchdowns.

Sep 03 2:04p
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Moeaki Tears ACL, out for year!    Moeaki Tears ACL, out for year!  EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 4:22 pm

A fans reaction to Moeki,

"he brings so much matchup wise that we cant get elsewhere. and the combo of being able to spread wide, motion in, and block better than anyone else, just cant be replaced
we will see obviously the impact week 1. but IMO last year he was a huge part of that run game for many reasons"
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Moeaki Tears ACL, out for year!    Moeaki Tears ACL, out for year!  EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 4:22 pm

I second his opinion, this is a huge blow to run game and Cassell.
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Moeaki Tears ACL, out for year!    Moeaki Tears ACL, out for year!  EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 4:41 pm

now if it would just happen to Cassel
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

PostSubject: Re: Moeaki Tears ACL, out for year!    Moeaki Tears ACL, out for year!  EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 5:55 pm

Big blow. But it was too be expected, thats why he fell down the draft.
Back to top Go down
http://arrowheaddrive.com
FatThucker
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Moeaki Tears ACL, out for year!    Moeaki Tears ACL, out for year!  EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 8:16 am

Terrible news. I'm surprised it took this long though. He never could stay healthy at Iowa. Our TE depth is horrid.
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Moeaki Tears ACL, out for year!    Moeaki Tears ACL, out for year!  EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 11:35 am

we have becht. our TE depth is great. Our Oline depth is great. our Dline depth is great. our LB depth is great. After serious evaluation of our roster I'm seeing an undefeated season this year and quite possibly the first team to do it back to back seasons after next year.
Back to top Go down
kcchiefs
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
kcchiefs

PostSubject: Re: Moeaki Tears ACL, out for year!    Moeaki Tears ACL, out for year!  EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 6:46 pm

I hate you and loathe everything you say.
Back to top Go down
FatThucker
All-Pro
All-Pro

PostSubject: Re: Moeaki Tears ACL, out for year!    Moeaki Tears ACL, out for year!  EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 10:24 pm

kcchiefs wrote:
I hate you and loathe everything you say.

Unfortunately that, and his poster of Andrew Luck taped on the ceiling above his bed, is what gets him off.
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Moeaki Tears ACL, out for year!    Moeaki Tears ACL, out for year!  EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 11:03 pm

Fans of teams hate truth a lot of times. imagine a Bengals fan thinking they are on there way to the SB in the near future. a nice dream but not close to reality. I am the truth. Only through me can you find eternal peace
Back to top Go down
Big Chief
Amateur
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: Moeaki Tears ACL, out for year!    Moeaki Tears ACL, out for year!  EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 10:29 am

Tamme out of indy might make for a decent replacement. Not sure what indys asking price would be?
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

PostSubject: Re: Moeaki Tears ACL, out for year!    Moeaki Tears ACL, out for year!  EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 10:33 pm

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!

Leonard Pope Smile
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

PostSubject: Re: Moeaki Tears ACL, out for year!    Moeaki Tears ACL, out for year!  EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 10:35 pm

Big Chief wrote:
Tamme out of indy might make for a decent replacement. Not sure what indys asking price would be?

Too FUCKING much.

And I hope Peyton retires from his neck injury. He does nothing but piss me the fuck off. The whole NFL bows down to him like he has 3 rings or something...
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Moeaki Tears ACL, out for year!    Moeaki Tears ACL, out for year!  EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 10:59 pm

Touchdown Bowe wrote:
Big Chief wrote:

Too FUCKING much.

And I hope Peyton retires from his neck injury. He does nothing but piss me the fuck off. The whole NFL bows down to him like he has 3 rings or something...

many great players have 0 rings. Marino is one of the best ever and has 0. Just as many players seem greater than they really were because of the system and/or great talent around them. (Montana/Bradshaw).
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

PostSubject: Re: Moeaki Tears ACL, out for year!    Moeaki Tears ACL, out for year!  EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 11:05 pm

Or some players have the talent around them and just have that God given talent for choking when it actually counts..
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

PostSubject: Re: Moeaki Tears ACL, out for year!    Moeaki Tears ACL, out for year!  EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 11:15 pm

except nobody ever heard of Garcon, Collie, or white before him. and Wayne was on the verge of being cut like 2 years in. Harrison is really the only great player manning has had around him. and Indy has never had a D. D happens to be a fairly important part of the NFL. This isnt the NBA where 1 guy can win a title in a team sport.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Bowe
Mod Lord
Mod Lord
Touchdown Bowe

PostSubject: Re: Moeaki Tears ACL, out for year!    Moeaki Tears ACL, out for year!  EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 11:23 pm

And I dont buy the bullshit that Peyton makes the players around him better. Garcon was backing up when Harrison was around..of course he's not gonna beat out Wayne or Harrison when he's that young. Reggie Wayne & Dallas Clark..1st round picks. Blair White was one of, if not, the top UDFA WR of his draft class if you ask me. That offense is built to pass the ball..They have the weapons and the chemistry. Its not like the Patriots where you just line anybody up with Brady and he dominates games.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moeaki Tears ACL, out for year!    Moeaki Tears ACL, out for year!  Empty

Back to top Go down

Moeaki Tears ACL, out for year!
Page 1 of 1