ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
ARROWHEAD DRIVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best source for up to the minute Chiefs news, updates, rumors, and inside information!

Home  Latest images  ArcadeArcade  Register  Log in  
Poll
Who is it?
Geno Smith
Clark is CHEAP Bar_left45%Clark is CHEAP Bar_right
 45% [ 15 ]
Luke Joekel
Clark is CHEAP Bar_left12%Clark is CHEAP Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Domontre Moore
Clark is CHEAP Bar_left3%Clark is CHEAP Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Jarvis Jones
Clark is CHEAP Bar_left9%Clark is CHEAP Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Manti Te'o
Clark is CHEAP Bar_left3%Clark is CHEAP Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
Star Lotulelei
Clark is CHEAP Bar_left6%Clark is CHEAP Bar_right
 6% [ 2 ]
Tyler Wilson
Clark is CHEAP Bar_left12%Clark is CHEAP Bar_right
 12% [ 4 ]
Other
Clark is CHEAP Bar_left9%Clark is CHEAP Bar_right
 9% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 33
Latest topics
» Bones Stagione 7 Ita
Clark is CHEAP EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 2:04 pm by 

» Paragon Partition Manager 12 10.1.19.15721 Personal
Clark is CHEAP EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:20 pm by 

Clark is CHEAP EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

Clark is CHEAP EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm by 

Clark is CHEAP EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 1:18 pm by 

Advertisement

Clark is CHEAP

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

Clark is CHEAP Empty
PostSubject: Clark is CHEAP   Clark is CHEAP EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 4:03 pm

Chiefs will spend at least $119 this year on players

The Chiefs are committed to spending at least $119 million in cash on player salaries and bonuses this year, according to figures obtained by the Kansas City Star.

It’s unknown where that ranks among the NFL’s 32 teams because similar figures were not available for all other clubs. Teams are not required to spend to a certain amount this year under the league’s new collective bargaining agreement.

While committed to spending at least $119 million, the Chiefs are well under the NFL’s salary cap of $120.4 million. The Chiefs’ cap stood at $99.5 million, or $20.9 million under the limit.

Cash spending and salary cap are figured differently under NFL rules, accounting for the difference in totals.

For more detail on the Chiefs’ 2011 spending, read Saturday’s Kansas City Star or go to kansascity.com
Back to top Go down
http://arrowheaddrive.com
SylvesterMalone1978
All-Pro
All-Pro
SylvesterMalone1978

Clark is CHEAP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clark is CHEAP   Clark is CHEAP EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 4:37 pm

Too funny!
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

Clark is CHEAP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clark is CHEAP   Clark is CHEAP EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 9:45 am

it is not know where it ranks? weird since it is known where we rank with the cap.
Back to top Go down
FatThucker
All-Pro
All-Pro

Clark is CHEAP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clark is CHEAP   Clark is CHEAP EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 11:09 am

English?
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

Clark is CHEAP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clark is CHEAP   Clark is CHEAP EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 2:00 pm

Chiefs09 wrote:
it is not know where it ranks? weird since it is known where we rank with the cap.

I think you misread it.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

Clark is CHEAP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clark is CHEAP   Clark is CHEAP EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 2:19 pm

Salary figures show Chiefs have room to spend
By ADAM TEICHER
The Kansas City Star

The Chiefs are committed to spending at least $119 million in cash on player salaries and bonuses this year, according to figures obtained by The Kansas City Star.

It’s unknown where that amount ranks among the NFL’s 32 teams, because similar figures were not available for all other clubs. Teams are not required to spend to a certain amount this year under the league’s new collective bargaining agreement.

While committed to spending at least $119 million, the Chiefs are well under the NFL’s salary cap of $120.4 million. The Chiefs’ cap stood at $99.5 million, or $20.9 million under the limit.

Cash spending and salary cap are figured differently under NFL rules, accounting for the difference in totals.

The Chiefs’ cash spending and salary cap numbers will probably rise before the season is over. There is no indication they are finished signing free agents. The Chiefs are thin in experienced players at certain positions, notably on the offensive and defensive lines.

Wide receiver Dwayne Bowe and cornerbacks Brandon Flowers and Brandon Carr are headed into the final seasons of their contracts. Judging from the late-season signings of running back Jamaal Charles and Derrick Johnson last year, the Chiefs will attempt to re-sign some or all of those players before the end of this season.

General manager Scott Pioli wouldn’t speak specifically to the Chiefs’ salary figures. But he said he has never been limited on how much to spend by chairman Clark Hunt.

“During my (job) interview here, Clark and I had a lengthy conversation about what restrictions we might have regarding spending on players and what the process would be when I want to do something or make a move,” Pioli said. “I would never have taken this job if I thought for one minute I was going to have to worry about not having the resources to do what we need to do.

“Clark has never said no when I’ve come to him to talk about players. And I don’t even have to go to him. He just wants to know before things are done. Since we’ve been here, there have been no restrictions. It’s not about how much you spend. It’s about how you spend it.

“I am not going to be reckless with this franchise. That’s not why I was hired.”

The Chiefs’ spending on player salaries over the past decade has reflected the wishes of the football administration at the time. The Chiefs went heavily for veteran players from 2001 through 2005 when Dick Vermeil was their head coach.

In those years, the Chiefs were eighth in the NFL on player spending.

Herm Edwards coached the three subsequent seasons and wanted to make the Chiefs a younger team. Accordingly, the Chiefs were 32nd and last in the NFL in player spending over those three years.

“Historically, the leadership of the (Chiefs) football operation has been able to do what they’ve wanted to do,” Pioli said. “During a certain era, the Chiefs were one of the top-spending teams in the NFL. In a different era, that dropped off significantly because that’s the way that leadership group wanted it to be.”

The Chiefs spent $110 million in player salaries last season. That was 21st among NFL teams.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

Clark is CHEAP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clark is CHEAP   Clark is CHEAP EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 2:20 pm

I'm not sure who to believe. Pioli who it was known was only leaving NE if he had full control of football operations, or Chiefs09.
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

Clark is CHEAP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clark is CHEAP   Clark is CHEAP EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 2:49 pm

with the new CBA this argument is useless anyway. as of 2013 teams will have to be a lot closer to each other in spending anyway. KC wouldnt be SB contenders this year no matter what the spent or went after. they still need to fill holes and see what they have in some young players. On top of that even at some strong spots they seriously lack depth. Even if you are a Cassel fan they have no proven backup. Oline is weak at RT and has very little depth behind good starters. dline is a mess still. ?'s at LB. Secondary is fine. WR should be fine for now. So what we have is good young talented team that needs to fill a few more holes and add some depth. We arent going to come to anything over this Hunt/Pioli crap. I like my Chiefs and Royals and hate both owners with a passion. You can love the owner and I can hate him.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

Clark is CHEAP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clark is CHEAP   Clark is CHEAP EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 4:11 pm

If u think we still lack serious depth, then I bet you didn't watch the Chiefs in 2009 and 2010. Because this is the most depth we have had in a long damn time.
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

Clark is CHEAP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clark is CHEAP   Clark is CHEAP EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 4:14 pm

BigRatt wrote:
If u think we still lack serious depth, then I bet you didn't watch the Chiefs in 2009 and 2010. Because this is the most depth we have had in a long damn time.
If we lose Tamba for the season where are we? If we lose Cassel we are down to a rookie or Palko. Lose Albert where is good LT coming from? Lose Bowe we are down to a rookie and a good #2. We are deep at RB and that is about it. we still dont have a proven end opp Dorsey. you need more?
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

Clark is CHEAP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clark is CHEAP   Clark is CHEAP EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 4:16 pm

Be back in an hour or so. Going to go buy my Cassel jersey and get his name tattooed on my ass
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

Clark is CHEAP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clark is CHEAP   Clark is CHEAP EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 4:36 pm

Most teams don't have experienced backups at every position. But they have young talented players to step up when called upon. Thats where we are now. We have a lot of talent. All they need is time.
Back to top Go down
FatThucker
All-Pro
All-Pro

Clark is CHEAP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clark is CHEAP   Clark is CHEAP EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 9:50 pm

Chiefs09 wrote:
BigRatt wrote:
If we lose Tamba for the season where are we? If we lose Cassel we are down to a rookie or Palko. Lose Albert where is good LT coming from? Lose Bowe we are down to a rookie and a good #2. We are deep at RB and that is about it. we still dont have a proven end opp Dorsey. you need more?

And if a nuclear holocaust in KC happens we're fucked!
Back to top Go down
FatThucker
All-Pro
All-Pro

Clark is CHEAP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clark is CHEAP   Clark is CHEAP EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 9:51 pm

Chiefs09 wrote:
Be back in an hour or so. Going to go buy my Cassel jersey and get his name tattooed on my ass

Smells like homo love in the air
Back to top Go down
FatThucker
All-Pro
All-Pro

Clark is CHEAP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clark is CHEAP   Clark is CHEAP EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 10:03 pm

Chiefs09 wrote:
with the new CBA this argument is useless anyway. as of 2013 teams will have to be a lot closer to each other in spending anyway. KC wouldnt be SB contenders this year no matter what the spent or went after. they still need to fill holes and see what they have in some young players. On top of that even at some strong spots they seriously lack depth. Even if you are a Cassel fan they have no proven backup. Oline is weak at RT and has very little depth behind good starters. dline is a mess still. ?'s at LB. Secondary is fine. WR should be fine for now. So what we have is good young talented team that needs to fill a few more holes and add some depth. We arent going to come to anything over this Hunt/Pioli crap. I like my Chiefs and Royals and hate both owners with a passion. You can love the owner and I can hate him.

Wasn't Abreuyo Franklin supposed to be the SB savior for KC? Now we have holes all over the place? Its ok, my sister doesn't understand football either.
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

Clark is CHEAP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clark is CHEAP   Clark is CHEAP EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 11:26 pm

NT is the most important position on our D. many say the QB of our scheme. we settled for a 75 year QB for our D. We have holes at RT and Dline. We lack good depth at most positions. But had we gotten a real NT and stayed injury free like last year maybe a deeper playoff run. a real NT would have helped solidify that Dline real quick. now it still sucks the way it is. A GREAT QB like Cassel can overcome a bad RT with all the weapons he has now. Our secondary will still have to cover 5 minutes at a time with our Dline though. So I guess yes, not getting that real nose tackle made all the difference to me. and when the season is over and we are 7-9 you will understand how important it was too.
Back to top Go down
BigRatt
All-Madden
All-Madden

Clark is CHEAP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clark is CHEAP   Clark is CHEAP EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 1:56 am

Chiefs09 wrote:
BigRatt wrote:

Most teams dont have anything close to a Tamba, so i'm cool with a Sheffield or Houston(if he gets his ass in shape). Richardson is athletic enough to play LT and could be a decent stop gap, if we lose Bowe then we are putting Baldwin into the fire and with his ability - I'm ok with that. Breaston comes in as our number 2 and DMC goes back to playing slot full time. With Gilberry putting on more weight he should be able to handle the run well enough to fill in for an injury. Be nice to see Bailey bring this practice dominance to the preseason games. We have options and could deal with things. If he lose Cassell- Brodie or Stanzi comes in or we sign a Veteran. There are usually several Vets available who can fill in. Are those ideal situations? No, but we are finally set with the ability to take care of it in house. In 09 and 10, we were signing Vets every time someone got hurt
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

Clark is CHEAP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clark is CHEAP   Clark is CHEAP EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 2:13 am

I'm not sure if you watched the playoff game last year, but NT wasn't the problem. But would you please give some examples of teams that have Pro Bowlers at every position like you want us to, and also have good experienced depth behind them.
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

Clark is CHEAP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clark is CHEAP   Clark is CHEAP EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 7:00 pm

BigRatt wrote:
Chiefs09 wrote:
BigRatt wrote:

Most teams dont have anything close to a Tamba, so i'm cool with a Sheffield or Houston(if he gets his ass in shape). Richardson is athletic enough to play LT and could be a decent stop gap, if we lose Bowe then we are putting Baldwin into the fire and with his ability - I'm ok with that. Breaston comes in as our number 2 and DMC goes back to playing slot full time. With Gilberry putting on more weight he should be able to handle the run well enough to fill in for an injury. Be nice to see Bailey bring this practice dominance to the preseason games. We have options and could deal with things. If he lose Cassell- Brodie or Stanzi comes in or we sign a Veteran. There are usually several Vets available who can fill in. Are those ideal situations? No, but we are finally set with the ability to take care of it in house. In 09 and 10, we were signing Vets every time someone got hurt

Richardson can barely play RT much less move over to LT. and if he has to move over we are really in trouble at RT. Baldwin is an unproven rookie with a reputation for being a headcase in college, but does have a ton of talent. Gilberry has selfadmitted he has to get much better against the run to be an every down player. would be nice to see bailey be a steal (trust me I'd like to see Jackson get pushed right off this team), but being good in practice and being good on Sunday arent the same. We could bring in a vet to replace Cassel, but it would be better to already have 1 here to know the system and playbook rather then sign one off the street and say win us a few games. So seems like a lot of shoulds and unknowns for now. guess thats what you get with a young team still building.
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

Clark is CHEAP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clark is CHEAP   Clark is CHEAP EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 8:51 pm

FatThucker wrote:
Chiefs09 wrote:

Wasn't Abreuyo Franklin supposed to be the SB savior for KC? Now we have holes all over the place? Its ok, my sister doesn't understand football either.
We have holes at RT and NT. its depth everywhere else. had we signed the better NT and stayed healthy like last year we would have stood a much better chance as far as contention goes. do I think we would have won it... no. would our chances be better... yes.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

Clark is CHEAP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clark is CHEAP   Clark is CHEAP EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 10:12 pm

I think you are completely off base about Richardson. He played just fine at RT last year, maybe you are thinking of O'Callghan? He also played his best game of his Chiefs career his one start at LT.

I don't understand the wholes at NT either. We only had one last year, and we signed a better one. Everyone always complained about Edwards, but they aren't content with someone whos been starting for the RAVENS for how long? Not to mention we actually have a backup NT this year, and he has far more upside than any NT we have had, or could have signed.
Back to top Go down
RustShack
Giver of Life
Giver of Life
RustShack

Clark is CHEAP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clark is CHEAP   Clark is CHEAP EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 10:13 pm

And can we get some examples of Baldwin being a headcase? Hes been the complete opposite of that here.
Back to top Go down
FatThucker
All-Pro
All-Pro

Clark is CHEAP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clark is CHEAP   Clark is CHEAP EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 8:33 am

Chiefs09 wrote:
FatThucker wrote:
Chiefs09 wrote:

We have holes at RT and NT. its depth everywhere else. had we signed the better NT and stayed healthy like last year we would have stood a much better chance as far as contention goes. do I think we would have won it... no. would our chances be better... yes.

Wouldn't that have hurt your quest for the #1 overall pick?
Back to top Go down
Chiefs09
All-Madden
All-Madden

Clark is CHEAP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clark is CHEAP   Clark is CHEAP EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 5:12 pm

def yes
Back to top Go down
FatThucker
All-Pro
All-Pro

Clark is CHEAP Empty